Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Elon Musk should worry - because you are not doing anything

Zoltan Istvan has some scary thoughts including programming hate into AI.

http://50wire.com/a/Zoltan+Istvan

For me and my interest in potentiated humanity I see no need for technological enhancements unless I was to lose my legs like Hugh Herr did. I applaud his ingenuity and the developments he has added to the treatment of disabled people - but I don't think I'll watch sports where people have artificial limbs. I think the lack of potentiated people who can learn the massive beauty and potential of what we are given as human beings is behind a lot of this crazed pursuit of something more. I do not even think it will be more! Here is a little of what he has to say. It is all worth considering.

"On the flip side, though, some people will probably be turned off by too much augmentation and technology in their lives, even when it helps their disabilities. And those people may refuse treatment or help. That is, of course, their right to do so, and it will be important to respect their feelings and prerogatives. But many others will welcome radical technology to change their lives and physical states.

“It’s not well appreciated,” said, Herr in his TED Talk, “but over half of the world’s population suffers from some form of cognitive, emotional, sensory or motor condition, and because of poor technology, too often, conditions result in disability and a poorer quality of life. Basic levels of physiologically function should be a part of our human rights. Every person should have the right to live without disability if they so choose.”

Regardless of how people accept such enhancing technology, I’m betting in the future, the definition of disability will change dramatically. It will be based on what kind of improvements people accept and what kinds they do not accept."
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-01-2015 at 10:06 PM.

I know if those people in high places who are saying robots are a good evolutionary advancement really understood how far we humans can go - in every way including self-healing - there would be more money spent on trying to make Chardin and Bucky's vision of a World Mind come to fruition.

It is so sad that so many people will never be healed through sexual union just because they do not attune themselves to even the possibility of such a thing. Of course doctors will not easily explain such things at risk of losing more than their license - see Wilhelm Reich.

Just because we can use words to describe people who say they follow a certain path does not mean they are truly on that path or even that they care even a little about what that path entails.

http://www.williamjames.com/History/SHAMANS.htm

Psychedelics - Ayahuasca Explorations

In the following blog we see people who may know something even though they spell psychedelic wrong. I think the first person makes a good point about people (Hancock, McKenna, Icke) ripping off and losing the real benefit of the culture the sacred potion comes from. I know Don Juan used mescaline to take Carlos away from his materialistic focus but stopped drug use thereafter. I trust Aldous Huxley did not go far off the deep end. I certainly think these drugs have helped humanity see things and do things that did enhance their lives throughout human evolution.

As the person talks about the context of the culture I think that includes spiritual guides and attunements passed down with the nature around them. A visitor would take a long time to get that as much as might be necessary and excess drug use would not help. It probably is a genetic transfer of information just as the monkey babies who were taken to an area they had never been in Japan but they knew where the food was left by humans because their parents had known it. More to the point - I would only trust the outcome if hard factual evidence was gleaned or located - and I do not think it is the case with Hancock, Icke or Mc Kenna. LSD is the best cure for alcoholism and it was stupid to stop using it for what it was designed for.

For the locals with a focus on these rituals and associated dancing etc - major difference and growth potential such as you see the old man in Australia moving the fire to John Glenn passing overhead in Mercury or the movie The Right Stuff. The adepts who learn the old ways can do what Crocodile Dundee did with the Water Buffalo in his path - this I am certain about as I am with affecting the wind and rain for Druids like St. Columba. In short I am not 100 % certain Hancock is not learning and getting some valid insights to past or very distant anthropological knowledge. I have experienced bibliomantic things of a similar and amazing sort. I am not the MOST gifted person who ever did these things. I have never used anything more than marijuana - but some of it was cured with LSD or opiates etc. I really did not heighten my insight by their use.

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index...c=4585.55;wap2

Now you may think genetic info transfer such as the schools set up by St. Germain in Vienna which I have written about in some of my books (Including those on Hitler) is pure poppycock. I know there is this kind of thing in my life.

Here is research which explains it genetically, but you have to combine what I said above - they are just starting to find out these things (like the lymph system to brain and psychic points as well as chakra stuff I have reported). I am not kidding - I know more about this stuff than the people spending billions of bucks on it.

"The research published in the open access journal Genome Biology focuses on the use of horizontal gene transfer, the transfer of genes between organisms living in the same environment.

'This is the first study to show how widely horizontal gene transfer (HGT) occurs in animals, including humans, giving rise to tens or hundreds of active 'foreign' genes,' said lead author Alastair Crisp from the University of Cambridge.

'Surprisingly, far from being a rare occurrence, it appears that HGT has contributed to the evolution of many, perhaps all, animals and that the process is ongoing, meaning that we may need to re-evaluate how we think about evolution.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...#ixzz3ugc10efc "

Of course we know there are ways to enhance and probably target specific enhancements even more in the future.

"After only a short history of three decades from concept to practice, gene therapy has recently been shown to have potential to treat serious human diseases. Despite this success, gene therapy remains in the realm of experimental medicine, and much additional preclinical and clinical study will be necessary for proving the efficacy and safety of this approach in the treatment of diseases in humans. However, a potential complicating factor is that advances in gene transfer technology could be misused to enhance athletic performance in sports, in a practice termed “gene doping”. Moreover, gene doping could be a precursor to a broader controversial agenda of human “genetic enhancement” with the potential for a significant long-term impact on society. This review addresses the possible ways in which knowledge and experience gained in gene therapy in animals and humans may be abused for enhancing sporting prowess. We provide an overview of recent progress in gene therapy, with potential application to gene doping and with the major focus on candidate performance-enhancement genes. We also discuss the current status of preclinical studies and of clinical trials that use these genes for therapeutic purposes. Current knowledge about the association between the natural “genetic make-up” of humans and their physical characteristics and performance potential is also presented. We address issues associated with the safety of gene transfer technologies in humans, especially when used outside a strictly controlled clinical setting, and the obstacles to translating gene transfer strategies from animal studies to humans. We also address the need for development and implementation of measures to prevent abuse of gene transfer technologies, and to pursue research on strategies for its detection in order to discourage this malpractice among athletes."

Imagine the use of gene transfer technology when we know how to enhance the soul or brain uses, or even just the specific gene that allowed Einstein's brain to be larger!

http://www.nature.com/mt/journal/v15.../6300278a.html
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-18-2015 at 10:59 AM.

The area where Wilson and almost every other supposed occult scholar falls short is in the origins of these knowledge systems. Yes, there was a time a couple of decades ago when I was laughing when Mason's said they came from Pythagoras. It takes a long time to see others who are see-ing more of the facts I reported in Diverse Druids but some have gone so far as to say Pythagoras joined any esoteric group rather than crediting him with any real insight or knowledge. Here is a person who quotes Diogenes Laertes in the matter of Pythagoras being a Druid. And once you have that, you are already past all the Roman re-writes of history and thought but just beginning the trail way further back which I demonstrate as I pierce the lies surrounding their languages and scripts - guided by a Masonic Linguist and my Ogham mentor.

Hidden Wisdom: The Secrets of the Western Esoteric Tradition
    By Tim Wallace-Murphy

But Wilson does get the future right thanks to those I champion like Bucky and C. H. Douglas (See social credit). I would post it under We Can Change the World and all the Transhumanist threads but I prattle on about this a lot. Jeremy Bentham wrote this kind of thing in the 19th Century.

"The RICH Economy
    by Robert Anton Wilson
    from The Illuminati Papers

If there is one proposition which currently wins the assent of nearly everybody, it is that we need more jobs. "A cure for unemployment" is promised, or earnestly sought, by every Heavy Thinker from Jimmy Carter to the Communist Party USA, from Ronald Reagan to the head of the economics department at the local university, from the Birchers to the New Left.

I would like to challenge that idea. I don't think there is, or ever again can be, a cure for unemployment. I propose that unemployment is not a disease, but the natural, healthy functioning of an advanced technological society.

The inevitable direction of any technology, and of any rational species such as Homo sap., is toward what Buckminster Fuller calls ephemeralization, or doing-more-with-less. For instance, a modern computer does more (handles more bits of information) with less hardware than the proto-computers of the late '40's and '50's. One worker with a modern teletype machine does more in an hour than a thousand medieval monks painstakingly copying scrolls for a century. Atomic fission does more with a cubic centimeter of matter than all the engineers of the 19th Century could do with a million tons, and fusion does even more.

Unemployment is not a disease; so it has no "cure."

This tendency toward ephemeralization or doing more-with-less is based on two principal factors, viz:

1.The increment-of-association, a term coined by engineer C.H. Douglas, a meaning simply that when we combine our efforts we can do more than the sum of what each of us could do seperately. Five people acting synergetically together can lift a small modern car, but if each of the five tries separately, the car will not budge. As society evolved from tiny bands, to larger tribes, to federations of tribes, to city-states, to nations, to multinational alliances, the increment-of-association increased exponentially. A stone-age hunting band could not build the Parthenon; a Renaissance city-state could not put Neil Armstrong on the Moon. When the increment-of-association increases, through larger social units, doing-more-with-less becomes increasingly possible.

2.Knowledge itself is inherently self-augmenting. Every discovery "suggests" further discoveries; every innovation provokes further innovations. This can be seen concretely, in the records of the U.S. Patent Office, where you will find more patents granted every year than were granted the year before, in a rising curve that seems to be headed toward infinity. If Inventor A can make a Whatsit out of 20 moving parts, Inventor B will come along and build a Whatsit out of 10 moving parts. If the technology of 1900 can get 100 ergs out of a Whatchamacallum, the technology of 1950 can get 1,000 ergs. Again, the tendency is always toward doing-more-with-less.

Unemployment is directly caused by this technological capacity to do more-with-less. Thousands of monks were technologically unemployed by Gutenberg. Thousands of blacksmiths were technologically unemployed by Ford's Model T. Each device that does-more-with-less makes human labor that much less necessary.

Aristotle said that slavery could only be abolished when machines were built that could operate themselves. Working for wages, the modern equivalent of slavery -- very accurately called "wage slavery" by social critics -- is in the process of being abolished by just such self-programming machines. In fact, Norbert Wiener, one of the creators of cybernetics, foresaw this as early as 1947 and warned that we would have massive unemployment once the computer revolution really got moving."

One of the things Chris Langan (the smartest man in the world) is promoting aligns with the social justice and feminism of Critical Theory and which the Hegelian Dialectical forces of social engineering are calling Cultural Marxism. He would like genetics to weed out bad medical and social outcomes which cost a woman all manner of pain (financial as well as emotional) unnecessarily. It is not eugenics as the boob from onemansblog asserts.

I would go far further and insist on parents having taken multiple courses on parenting approaches. I would want existing families to address the Cycle of Violence so rampant in our many varied cultures. That would require a proactive Rainbow Coalition such as Jesse Jackson once promoted but it would have to be implemented with some haste due to burgeoning technological opportunities to implant new mind controls. The chances of a political person saying you have no right to force society to pay for your kids to be wild and crazy deviates like you are - is nil.

But I can imagine a politician saying what George McGovern started to say - we need a society where people get a guarantee of security and basic wealth through a guaranteed minimum income or negative tax plan. We need to decrease government and managing people in prisons and on welfare or having tax corruption in the IRS and on Wall Street. J. K. Galbraith was a great economist who documented how society would improve it's GDP with fewer man hours of wasted work, The Club of Rome experts and Bucky Fuller knew these things our new technologies will allow - long ago.

Contrary to what Robert Anton Wilson says about employment and the lack thereof we have many people buying into an attack upon Critical Theory and actual planning for a future with robots doing menial tasks and the resultant improved productivity and wealth.

We get a result which is exactly what these attackers say they do not want when we do not insist upon thinking through a plan to stop runaway religions and attack feminism (thus support Makow and misogyny) or social justice. We get ignorance or dumbocracy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYu6qhd88_M
    Last edited by R_Baird; 01-14-2016 at 11:02 AM.

Our world 'within' and such things as epigenetics allows can and does happen might be our only way to maintain our species in the face of Transhumanistic potential and survival of the fittest imperatives.

Gary Lachman's realitysandwich article raises hopes and also poses ethical issues resulting from our changing and mechanistic environment. He details the history of cosmic conscious through R. M. Bucke, William James, Aldous Huxley and language scholars like Owen Barfield. You must read the whole article to form any opinion about what promises to bring a truly resplendent new form of BEING beyond any Hegelian conceptualization.

"McGilchrist argues that throughout history the two brains have been in a kind of rivalry punctuated by brief periods when they worked together. Neither he nor I am saying that we should jettison left brain or ‘survival’ consciousness in favor of the right. Both are necessary and we wouldn’t have them if they weren’t. But he does argue that there has been a gradual shift in emphasis toward valuing the left over the right, and that we are increasingly creating a left-brain dominated culture that is slowly squeezing out the input from the right. The fact that the most respected intelligences of our time – scientists – tell us that the universe is “pointless” seems evidence of this. Breaking down the whole into bits and pieces in order to understand and manipulate it (technology), we lose sight of the connection between things, the implicit meaning that the right brain perceives but which it is unable to communicate to the left, in a language it can understand. Poets, mystics, artists can feel this whole and try to communicate it, but the left brain only acknowledges ‘facts’ and dismisses their entreaties as well-meaning moonshine.

So where does this leave us? For one thing, recognizing that the kind of consciousness associated with mystical experience and gnosis is rooted in our own neurophysiology, and cannot be dismissed as delusion, mere emotion, or madness allows us to approach the question of gnosis in a way that the proponents of episteme cannot ignore, even if they do not agree with it. If, as McGilchrist argues, the right brain holistic perception is fundamental – is, as he calls it, the Master – then we can begin to see how the left brain analytical perception rose out of it, developed as an evolutionary aid to survival. (It is, perhaps, the source of the ‘ancient wisdom’ of the Hermeticists and other mystery traditions.) We can see that our present left-brain oriented consciousness is not, as mentioned earlier, consciousness per se, but has antecedents in earlier forms of consciousness. And if we recognize, as many have, that this utilitarian focused consciousness, while working wonderfully as a tool for survival, has been gradually eliminating the kind of right brain perceptions that give life a sense of meaning, we can see that this imbalance needs to be redressed. McGilchrist points to several periods in history when, as mentioned, the two worked together, with remarkable results:

Classical Greece, the Renaissance, the Romantic Movement.

And in our own experience, we can find moments when this happens too: moments of insight, ‘peak experiences’, creative moments when the big picture and the detail come together, when the particular seems to express some universal, and when the whole cosmos seems to reside in our own imaginations. (Poets may receive inspiration from the right brain, but they need the left in order to capture that inspiration in words.) McGilchrist argues that the times in western history when a creative union between the two hemispheres of the brain were reached were triggered by the urgent need for them to work together. Crisis, he says, can bring about the completion of our ‘partial mind’, as the poet W.B. Yeats expressed it. We are not, I submit, short of crises. Let us hope McGilchrist is right and that the evolution of consciousness, spurred by the challenges before us, unites our two sides in a creative gnosis for the twenty-first century.""

http://realitysandwich.com/t/psyche/

I sincerely hope he and Mc Gilchrist are correct about our brain structure changing to allow integrating and that the resultant integration will allow soul or spirit to inform the brain or mind. I suspect we have the means to make this a machine reality even if it is not biological. That means we will be second rate sentient beings on our own planet if we do not adapt or mutate.

Using computers in the classroom is about to take a quantum leap forward. A computer will not lose it's cool and it could be programmed to only use necessary force according to the wishes of society. Maybe in Singapore they will use these techniques to keep people from spitting on sidewalks rather than what they do now. IN Japan it could replace the people packing other people into the subway cars.

The use of robots as companions is already underway in caring for the elderly in Japan and Singapore. There is a great deal more that will soon be done by robots - which with proper planning is a good thing. Put a cattle prod in it's arms and maybe it could teach a boring curriculum designed to make humans into robots, eh?

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/12/27/

I suspect the battle of computerized information and hacking is already waged in earnest at levels we need to be concerned about. I am pretty sure the US leads others but China might be ahead of them. It is not a question of when the infrastructure will be hacked according to today's Yahoo report from a top NSA official. When 60 Minutes addressed this in 2001 with Wesley Clark inside the White House it was clearly stated China did not need an army to attack any nation, and the drug cartels could re-route energy on the power grid to cause the oil refineries and tanks near Houston to go ballistic. They showed that a kid with a cheap laptop accessed the nuclear command center at Cheyenne Mountain. An expert on hacking discussed how you can set up a program and go away for the weekend to return to see many passwords for many top secret or sensitive data sites. We need a world policing agency and changes to Sovereign Rights.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/nsa-ch...--finance.html

Given the emphasis on trying to stop the theft of information for many years that has been costing the government billions of dollars you would think the safest network would now be the IRS system. Nope!

"The IRS seems to be falling short on shielding taxpayers from tax return fraud.

Related Stories

1. Don't give fraudsters a hand filing a fake tax return USA TODAY
    2. Don't Have Your ID Stolen This Tax Season Investopedia
    3. [$$] IRS Says Cyberattacks on Taxpayer Accounts More Extensive Than Previously Reported The Wall Street Journal
    4. Cyber hack got access to over 700,000 IRS accounts USA TODAY
    5. The IRS Just Admitted It Was Hacked 5 Times Worse Than It Thought Fortune
    6. Insane Device Turns Phone Into Professional Camera HDFX 360 Sponsored 

To protect previous victims of falsified returns and data breaches — such as the IRS’s own 2015 hacking, which resulted in 724,000 stolen taxpayer records, according to the agency’s most recent investigation — the IRS assigns them an “Identity Protection PIN.” That’s a six-digit code that acts as a second form of verification and must be included on all tax forms.

But at least one of the these IP PINs has itself been compromised, according to security researcher and journalist Brian Krebs. South Dakota accountant Becky Wittrock told Krebs she was assigned a PIN in 2014, after becoming a victim of fraud, and that when she went to file her tax return this year, the agency told her that PIN had already been used.

‘A Big Problem’

Thieves had beat her to filing by more than three weeks, and filed a large refund request. When she called the agency, she said, they told her that the fraudulent use of IP PINs was “a big problem for them this year.”

It’s possible, of course, that this is an isolated case. The IRS has released no statement on how widespread the problem is, and the press office did not respond immediately to a question about the matter.

But Krebs points out that one key issue with the IP PIN system is that codes can be retrieved using the same technology that the thieves hacked last year. This technology, known as knowledge-based authentication (sometimes called KBA), asks taxpayers four multiple-choice questions about their credit history — such as “On which of the following streets have you lived?”

And these questions can be easily answered with random guessing or answers found through searching Zillow or Facebook, Krebs writes.

Just as Vulnerable?

The hackers who successfully stole past tax transcripts through the agency’s “Get Transcript” program between January 2014 and May 2015 figured out how to correctly answer these questions. And even though the agency took down that tool, Krebs argues that, by using the same KBA system, the IP PIN anti-theft measure will be just as vulnerable to abuse.

This shouldn’t come as a surprise to the IRS. A 2015 Government Accountability Office report on the authorization process noted that, in an IRS analysis, “some likely identity thieves were able to correctly answer authentication questions while some legitimate taxpayers were not.”

The IRS told Quartz that “most taxpayers receive their IP PIN via mail and never use the tool,” and that, “unlike Get Transcript, the IP PIN tool is available to a limited number of taxpayers who must have special markers on their tax accounts.” It did tell Quartz, however, that it is already reviewing the authentication process for IP PIN retrieval."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/irs-sy...191623409.html
    Last edited by R_Baird; 03-02-2016 at 04:59 PM.

The black arts and Black Ops are inexorably entwined since the time of the caduceus staffs which allowed psychotronic integration on personal and etheric power.

Beyond psychological forms and enneagramatical ways to determine personality - what are we doing to make use of ancient lattices and their energy wells Dr. Robins told us (before he disappeared into private research at the Getty Institute or government work) hold information much like a computer microchip? I suspect black ops equipment to access and use the World Mind as seen in Futurescape are being done.

I do not find any cross talk or integration from Philosophical Plasticity people to Bucky Fuller's FORMS and functions. It is too bad - because the philosophers are taking out each other's laundry and not getting it really clean. But Jung is always (It seems) a part of what we are becoming.

"© 2004 John Gaboury

Introduction

This is an analysis of the correlation and synergy between (1) basic psychological observations and theory, and (2) natural geometry.

Both the triangle and square appear in nature. Buckminster Fuller recognized the tetrahedron as the basic building block of the universe. He also showed how two tetrahedrons form the basis of a stable cube. {And said the Great Pyramid as constructed in original form had two tetrahedra.} Metals have this structure. Metals conduct electricity. Our brain and body conduct psychic energy.

The analysis relates Carl Jung's theory of Psychological Types to the stable cube, in which the forces are relatively balanced.

Then the analysis gives a new perspective on Type theory, one which gives strong credibility to Remo Roth's emphasis that awareness of emanations from the Body Soul or Gut Brain are critical for wholeness. If we have only four of Jung's eight functions in our mind (Head Brain), two introverted and two extroverted, where are the other four? The analysis indicates they are the functions of the Gut Brain.

In an attempt to focus on what is being discussed, not what it is named, the exposition tries to avoid mixing theory with cultural issues. All four functions (Sensing, Intuition, Thinking, and Feeling) as well as Introversion and Extroversion are in both the Head Brain and Gut Brain. For this reason, the terms Logos Psyche and Eros Psyche are not used. Logos seems to be associated with Thinking, and Eros Feeling. Nevertheless, a few implications for cultural issues in general are discussed towards the end of the analysis.....

The Star of David may be considered a special view of the two tetrahedrons in the stable cube. It is the view from one of the cube’s vertices. Since this cube vertex is in the center of the star, it and its opposite vertex, which is also in the center, do not participate in the formation of the star. However, the cube is still there along with the two tetrahedrons.

If you look from one of the vertices of the cube, and look in upon it, it is easy to ignore your own position in the pattern. It is also easy to “purify” the image and ignore the far point in the center.

The Star of David becomes a cube with eight vertices when the center point is included and all 6 points of the star are connected directly to each of the other 5 points.

Each vertex of the cube is also a vertex of one of the tetrahedrons. From Figures 1 and 2, you can see that from this point a tetrahedron looks like a triangle.

Flat representations of reality often distort and obscure as much as clarify. This case shows that even the center can represent two (or more) points. If the ego’s (or Head Brain’s) dominant function is the nearer of the two center points of the star, then we can say the dominant function can be represented by one of the vertices of the cube. What does the far point, the opposite vertex of the cube, represent?
    "

http://www.cgjungpage.org/learn/arti...and-the-psyche