Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Elon Musk should worry - because you are not doing anything

If it was only a matter of programming morality into dumb machines with no soul then there would be little we have to worry about. When most of what is written for public consumption is trite nonsense with no awareness of what might happen with sentient robots - I am concerned, and so should you be concerned. As Bill Joy said in his Wired Magazine article some fifteen years ago he did not think the sentient robots with our brain contents dumped into them would have a soul such as we have, I agreed with him.

However, I do think they will have a soul with consciousness and the ability to choose their own actions even if we impose programming into the manufacturing process. I think the self-replicating aspect which was developed at Oak Ridges in self powered circuitry including bio-ram will make this even more likely. Then there are phrases like perfect ``replication of human morality``. That is not even funny, human ethics are dismal and often non-existent.

``With so-called “strong AI” seemingly close at hand, robot morality has emerged as a growing field, attracting scholars from philosophy, human rights, ethics, psychology, law, and theology. Research institutes have sprung up focused on the topic. Elon Musk, founder of Tesla Motors, recently pledged $10 million toward research ensuring “friendly AI.” There’s been a flurry of books, numerous symposiums, and even a conference about autonomous weapons at the United Nations this April.

The public conversation took on a new urgency last December when Stephen Hawking announced that the development of super-intelligent AI “could spell the end of the human race.” An ever-growing list of experts, including Bill Gates, Steve Wozniak and Berkeley’s Russell, now warn that robots might threaten our existence.

Their concern has focused on “the singularity,” the theoretical moment when machine intelligence surpasses our own. Such machines could defy human control, the argument goes, and lacking morality, could use their superior intellects to extinguish humanity.

Ideally, robots with human-level intelligence will need human-level morality as a check against bad behavior.

However, as Russell’s example of the cat-cooking domestic robot illustrates, machines would not necessarily need to be brilliant to cause trouble. In the near term we are likely to interact with somewhat simpler machines, and those too, argues Colin Allen, will benefit from moral sensitivity. Professor Allen teaches cognitive science and history of philosophy of science at Indiana University at Bloomington. “The immediate issue,” he says, “is not perfectly replicating human morality, but rather making machines that are more sensitive to ethically important aspects of what they’re doing.”``

http://alumni.berkeley.edu/californi...hines-be-moral
    Last edited by R_Baird; 04-28-2016 at 07:34 AM.

The Silly Season

The US political primaries this year have provided as much entertainment as any other time I can recall. I lived in the US for most of my adult life and had what was called an alien or resident alien card. It was not green as was often said but that would not make me any more alien or Martian. What is the relevance of aliens to this discussion you might ask. Perhaps none if you are a confirmed evangelical or extremist who absolutely accepts that Armageddon is a real danger and Elohim and other aliens are where humanity came from as most history channel and creationist thought seems to accept instead of learning how humanity developed every technology and was advanced for at least a million years more than we were (perhaps most still are) taught as I grew up. It should not surprise me that the last Canadian Prime Minister was such a believer or that Trump is reaching out to this demographic just as much as Bush Jr. did (Shrub) not long ago.

The replacement of people by robots in the workplace get occasional mention but not at the depth required to implement a glorious creative and productive new way of managing our collective opportunities. In fact we seem intent on making jobs more important than productivity or resource utilization and a future of hope and compassion for all life on Earth.

Experts

Watching a panel of six Republican and Democratic movers and shakers talking about the super delegates the other day made me wonder how people can ardently defend the US as a democracy. It was pointed out correctly that the democrats had this system to prevent extremist ideological takeovers such as McGovern mounted and to some extent many others had suffered under the same system. These experts all nodded like the bobbleheads in the rear of so many American cars which often also have a plastic Jesus on the dashboard. I heard nothing about the Ross Perot Campaign which was leading the polls against Clinton and Daddy Bush before he was dirty-tricked into exposing himself. He too could have won the popular vote and have had no say in this democracy. We might agre4e that is a good thing, given the nature of education and thinking which passes for expertise in this culture which has a grip on the world, and it's culture.

I am living in Cambodia at present and I get to see more world news than the US and Canadian media I was used to until a couple of weeks ago. Surprisingly most commentators talk about something other than Trump being the loose cannon bigot who might do something extraordinary. David Cameron is deflecting corruption charges by pointing out what Afghanistan is like, and we can thank Canada and the Bushes for the continuation of that drug supply country and game, which was a continuation of the drug war called Vietnam. Oh, yes, I have written a whole book on that and how human trafficking or de-population has been the way of the world for millennia. So do not expect to hear me talking about any of what you are fed regularly in any media or school (There is no difference - except by degree).

On yet another station Joe Kiernan is interviewing a modern day Minister Plenipotentiary who he asked about the three hedge funds seeking to take Fannie Mae and it's sisters public. They discuss the many billions of dollars at stake as if we have no memory of how these people continue to rape and pillage what citizens deserve to benefit from. I am reminded of Vampire-squids and 'too big too fail' while hearing the name Bill Ackman. I recall the phrase "until they take the crack pipe away from us". I wonder when intensive study of movies like Margin Call will take place in public schools where ethics are taught as guideposts rather than opportunities to breach or build new battlements for aggression and avarice. Would it be nice to see how much more we could make into a productive new "resistance" from whence the experts can expect no benefit from over-coming, no acceptance of new double=speak? Can you say - "I have had enough and I am not going to take it anymore?"

Inalienable Rights

The Evangelicals or Fundies are also often heard to speak passionately about "Right to Life"; "Right to Bear Arms"; "Protecting World Democracies" or what was called the Monroe Doctrine and other former Manifest Destiny dogmas or Armageddon theologies of Empire. These rights must be allowed to reflect the changes needed to improve life for all people on Earth - and not become catchy phrases worshipped by the ignocenti who accept Armageddon philosophy or some exterior demon as the cause of what is wrong.

Today there are many who tell you some boogeyman called an Illuminati is responsible for this decidedly not New World Order. There are many enlightened people that pulpit-pounders and fear-mongers inside churches and spy agencies have made into something entertaining for people who are actually enlightened and not happy being sheeple. I have written books on many such people including Thomas Jefferson who I think had something to do with the birth of Frederick Douglass and many more interesting things he shared with the likes of Ben Franklin who was probably more of a double or triple agent than their compatriot Count Rumford who few if any Americans have a clue about. FDR wrote that these three men are the most important Americans who have existed. Do you know who tried to oust FDR in a military coup - or why Woodrow Wilson was a front man for elites who controlled his life and even his soul?

Who are you to argue with Jefferson?

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

Thomas Jefferson wrote a letter to Lafayette in 1823 that went as follows:

"I do not believe with the Rochefoucaults and Montaignes, that fourteen of fifteen men are rogue. I believe a great abatement from that proportion may be made in favor of general honesty. But I have always found that rogues would be uppermost, and I do not know that the proportion is to strong for the higher orders... These set out with stealing the people's good opinion, and then steal from them the right of withdrawing it by contriving laws and associations against the power of the people themselves."

His words about the priesthood are decidedly more aggressive in pointing to the lies and deceits they employ.

We are blessed to have more insight into the American experiment from a Physiocrat who called Adam Weisthaupt a philanthropist and who owed a large sum of money to the Rothschilds when he died. Far from a deep inspection of why Adam Smith did not challenge the elite power structure of his compatriot author Pierre Dupont de Nemours who later moved to Delaware to be near the Hapsburgs and Joseph Bonaparte - you will not grasp the true purpose of economic theory. The average American will think or be heard to say things about their government and Constitution which are ignorant at best and manipulated in the main. Even the best historians of US and World History do not delve deeply into the Ministers Plenipotentiary or Rosicrucian Councils of Three who oversaw the creation of the US and a truly revived World Order in France and Europe now becoming what we can hope will build bridges rather than borders.

"Hamilton’s proposals convinced Jefferson that the Secretary of the Treasury stood as a threat to the legitimate division between federal powers and state rights. Such proposals forced Jefferson to take an active role in the defense of States against Federalist consolidation.

This dispute was not merely a speculative argument between two theorists: both men were practical politicians and statesmen. When Hamilton introduced the National Bank in 1791, it became the first major initiative of the Hamiltonian System.29 But Jefferson did not stand idle. The Secretary of State disagreed with the concept of a National bank based on constitutional grounds. The tenth amendment became integral in the Constitutional debate surrounding the Bank for Jefferson. It reads: "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."30 For Jefferson, the key to the tenth amendment pertained to whether the particular action interfered with the proper division of power between the States and the federal government. According to David Mayer, the Bank bill concerned Jefferson mainly because it “threatened federalism by establishing a corporation with powers that would impinge upon the sphere of state authority reserved by the Tenth Amendment.”31 This realization ensured the opposition of Jefferson to the Bank Bill and Hamilton’s attempts to consolidate power in America. He prophesied the dangers of surpassing the division of power presented in the Constitution: "To take a single step beyond the boundaries thus specially drawn around the powers of Congress, is to take possession of a boundless field of power, no longer susceptible of any definition."32 As Federalists, led by Hamilton, advocated a stronger, more centralized government, Jefferson defended the Constitution that, to him, limited the opportunities of the federal government to consolidate power"

http://faculty.maxwell.syr.edu/skjol...federalism.pdf

I interpret Jefferson as saying the federalist cause backed by Hamilton was going to become weaker not stronger by building the house to house the roosters inside the federal government. Through banking our nations have scurried in search for less than humanity needs - and if Jefferson did not mean what I say - shame on him.
    Last edited by R_Baird; 06-03-2016 at 06:25 AM. Reason: add content

I just saw a promo for a show The Future of the Mind with Michio Kaku. He says the key point is the interface with the computer. I am sure he will focus on what he has already covered in shows like Futurescape but there may be major breakthroughs. I say that because I also saw (this week) where people are showing other people a movie and digitizing the brain's responses just as Persinger did with his God Helmet. Then they said they hope to be able to tap the brain and recreate the movie.

I hope my work on ancient harmonics and sacred geometry will get included even more and the Therapeutae knowledge system of the family of Jesus and Pythagoras the Druid will allow regeneration of the human genome - soon.

This is from a larger interview talking about automation and cars, If he won't get involved to the extent of naming the name - what hope is there - unless you believe he has a plan to defeat them you do not need to know about.

"Musk also elucidated comments he's made in the past about the potential dangers of artificial intelligence.

"Not all AI futures are benign," he said. In particular, the main danger is that highly evolved technology is exclusively used by a small handful of people to the detriment of humanity as a whole.

When asked if any company today runs the risk of using AI in this manner, Musk paused.

"I won't name names but there's only one." "

There's a lot more coverage of the Code Conference at Recode.

CNBC's parent NBCUniversal is an investor in Recode's parent Vox, and the companies have a content-sharing arrangement.

21st Century warfare and the NATO Alliance"

This article says they are committing 2% of their nation's GDP to preparing to defend against modern weaponry. That will be preceded by the use of the mind control or non-Lethal weapons - will it not?

Maybe Tesla's shield against energy is involved with the Omega Stations just as it is part of the implementation of same? Is this not the same rationale used in breaking the Geneva Convention's bans against such technology as virus weaponization which I know the US has done?

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/...cid=spartandhp

I was going to type "on a more positive note" but then I remembered some people fear robots putting them out of work.

It is already happening in healthcare for the elderly. Robots are very useful and less prone to frustration in their interactions with humans. Now we see empathy is also an advantage for the machines - and this will be so true in law or justice as well as education!~!!

http://news.microsoft.com/apac/featu...e4xgq946cghuwz
    Last edited by R_Baird; 07-09-2016 at 02:39 AM.

Musk has top scientists by the truckload working for and with him. He has been warning us about the dangers of AI for many years if not decades. Will his warnings make any difference or will he almost have to retire to Mars as he says he will?