Thread: Dreams or Dreamers

Dreams or Dreamers

DREAMS OR DREAMERS?: -

"We are told by Herodotus that in the temple of Bel in Babylon, a priestess lay on a bed ready to dream visions of the second class, and that the beds of such soothsayers were often made of the skin of a ram --is well known.

{This is the Keltic god known as Ba'al by the Phoenicians, Bel might have been in Babylon through the Byblos city on the Persian Gulf that sold ships to the Egyptians in 2900 BC. Later Byblus in Lebanon is thought to be what some [who try to limit Phoenician interest] call Byblos as a small part of a decreasing international influence.}

The ancient Hebrews obtained such dreams by sleeping among tombs, and this especial gateway to the supernatural world seems to have been, and still is known to the majority of nations, primitive and civilized, as intimately as hypnosis and other methods of reaching its planes and hearing its pronouncements. Sleep was, of course, often induced by drugs, whether the soma of the Hindus, the peyote of the ancient Mexicans, the hashish of the Arabs, or the opium of the Malays or Chinese, and these narcotics which have the property of inducing speedy sleep and of heightening inward vision were and still are greatly prized by professional dreamers allover the world, especially as they rendered dreaming almost immediately possible." (10)
    'Professional dreamers' following visions from above and divining our future, quickly became willing to sell their advice to those who threatened them if they didn't. The Hypnogogic state has been useful to the likes of Thomas Edison and even more to Tesla, but it is not studied by our modern schooling paradigm. You can use 'brainwashing' instead of the word schooling - usually. The dependence on such easy answers continues among the mass of population 'til this moment as 'experts' and politicians join the media in a free for all. We believe the breakdown in matriarchal influence and egalitarian governance created this cauldron of deceit in the Mediterranean after the influx created by the rising waters that formed the North Sea due to glacial effects if not sooner, when the northern 'Hyperboreans' colonized the area. The issue of what is real about dreams is open for debate to say the least but there are many who think they can interpret the chaos of these partial insights. Personally I enjoy the practice, if there is something positive to say but I regard 'free will' as the most important ingredient in what really makes the world 'go round'. William James and his book 'Pragmatism' was important to Carl Jung whose work in dream interpretation sets the stage for many symbolic and archetypal interpreters to this day.

"The first treatise on the subject was that of Artemidorus, who lived in the time of Antonius Pius. He differentiated between the dreams of kings and those of commoners, as he believed that the visions of royalty must have reference to the commonwealth {The Bible and the plagues predicted by Joseph, for example.} and not to the individual {No reason in common sense or science to believe this. Carl Jung was a commoner who saw the First World War in advance. Tesla's vision led to many great and useful inventions - however dreams are seldom so vivid or what one can call 'flashes of illumination' - that is an entirely different phenomena.}. Dreams which represented something as happening to the individual who dreams them, show that they have a personal significance, whereas if the dream relates to another it will concern him alone. He detailed the numerous species of dreams throughout five books, and then adduced numerous examples. The rules of Artemidorus are far from clear, and according to them, any dream might signify any event, and any interpretation of the same might be considered justifiable.

The method of testing dreams according to Amyraldus in his 'Discours sur les Songes divins' (Saumur, 1625) is whether the instructions and advice that they contain make for good or ill--a test it is impossible to apply until after the result is known. But Amyraldus surmounts this difficulty by proposing to test dreams by the evidence they show of divine knowledge--by asking oneself in short, whether the dream it was desired to examine gave any evidence of such things as God alone could know.

It would seem from an examination of such dreams as were submitted to the diviners of antiquity that the symbolism they exhibited was of a character so profound that it could only be unriddled by an interpreter who received divine aid, such as was afforded in the case of Moses or Daniel in the Bible. It is plain, however, that the most far-fetched interpretations were given to many of the most epoch-making dreams of antiquity, and indeed, the oneiocritical {Greek dream interpreters} system is one of the weakest spots in the armor of occult science, and was the first of its departments to fall into disrepute and become the prey of charlatans.

There are serious students of the occult who doubt entirely the occult significance of dreams, and it must be granted that no good reason exists for classing them generally with the vision, or a condition of 'second sight' or ecstasy." (11)

cont'd
    Last edited by R_Baird; 11-27-2015 at 04:44 PM.

The amount of time we live in our dream state is substantial and there are many things we can work upon in our dreams. To regard it as occult is somewhat foolish. If one learns and achieves things that are of value, should be a higher concern. Truly some probably can gain tap-ins through the dream state, especially if they become adept at conscious dreaming and astral travel. To say it is supernatural is an appeal to ignorance. There is no such thing as 'super'-natural - it is all a matter of what we can't explain. Dream work and Yoga's 'soft focus' have answered or made sense of many things that mental blocks due to over- intellectualization might create. There are ways to become conscious and effective in dreams and the overall experiencing of life - that is how I prefer to think of it, rather than a psychic developmental thing. Psychic aspects of life usually have a more physical component. If our soul is what counts then what we interpret from the physical during the sorting out process of dream reality might be more important than what happens during the waking state.

"Dreams and Psychical Phenomena

Dreams of a supernormal character fall within the purview of psychical research. The dividing line between normal and supernormal dreams is not easy to draw. Subconscious elaboration often presents supernormal affects.

Goethe solved many definite scientific problems in his dreams and also composed poems. So did La Fontaine compose The Fable of Pleasures and Coleridge Kubla Khan. Bernhard Palissy made one of his most beautiful ceramic pieces on dream inspiration. Maury confessed: 'I have had in dream ideas an inspiration that could never have entered my consciousness when awake.' Tartini heard his Sonate del Diavolo played by Beelzebub in a dream. Holde composed La Phantasie in his sleep, Nodier's 'Lydia' was similarly born. R. L. Stevenson's most ingenious plots were evolved in the dream state. Kruder, Corda and Maignan solved mathematical problems in dream, Condillac finished an interrupted lecture.

A dream of Professor Agassiz is frequently quoted. He had been for two weeks striving to decipher the somewhat obscure impressions of a fossil fish on the stone slab in which it was preserved. It was found impossible. In his dream he saw the fish with all the missing features perfectly restored. The image escaped him on awakening. He went to the Jardin des Plantes in the hope that an association with the fossil would recapture it. No such thing happened. Next night he again dreamed of the fish and in the morning the features of the fish were as elusive as ever. For the third night he placed paper and pencil near his bed. Towards the morning the fish again appeared in his dream. Half dreaming, half awake he traced the outlines in the darkness as best he could. On full awakening he was surprised to see details in his nocturnal sketch, features which he thought impossible. He hastened to the Jardins des Plantes, began to chisel on the surface of the stone, taking the sketch as a guide and to his surprise he found the hidden portions of the fish as indicated in the drawing." (12)

I am not convinced this is dream state work. The early and late REM sleep is more akin to Beta brainwave relaxation. With bio-feedback and its creative state some ad agents like those at McDonald's have used this state to make and test ads. Hank Wesselman has been studied by the University of Illinois and he is even more able to reach the 40 MGHZ brainwave state than psychic healers and yogis. He is a person who was part of the anthropological or archaeological team that found Lucy and his gift was brought out by his wife who is a shamanic teacher. It is possible to generate this kind of state while taking exams (I've often done it.) and good marks often come. Those who stay in alpha state and experience tension and pressure or stress are less able to recall, create or integrate. Intuition is also often mistaken as psychic. There can be a component of it, and as Mr. Shepard notes it is often a fine line between some of these concepts. Thus you are able to see that I am not a believer in unexplainable phenomena, rather I think we are simply not able to explain it in every case because we are learning or are presently ignorant.
    Last edited by R_Baird; 11-27-2015 at 04:45 PM.

This fossil fish recovery of information is good, but debunkers would say he was lucky or the dream was a fiction created to promote himself or his place of work. In many cases they are right about these suppositions, in the cases they are wrong they say no one can know for sure. Surely nothing is certain but reasonable judgement can be made when enough evidence supports it. Dreams are real; informational exchanges do occur across boundaries difficult to traverse physically, and the overwhelming experience of people is a great reason to say something is going on. How many people experience 'deja vu' or other psychic realities? Most do at some time in their life. Are we all crazy or is the scientists' bent on 'what can't be seen doesn't exist' crazier?

"The dream of Prof. Hilprecht, the Babylonian scholar who vainly tried to decipher two small pieces of agate, is more complicated and belongs to the clairvoyant order. {Working on decrees in dream state is a necessity for success. I have won cars, and had many answers to my decrees when they are right for the good of all. The car was a demonstration for others who I told I would win in a nationwide raffle for a whole month before it happened.} As reported in the 'Proceedings' of the Society for Psychical Research (August 1900) he went to sleep tired out in vain speculation and dreamed of a tall, thin priest of the old pre-Christian Nippur who led him to the treasure-chamber of the temple and went with him into a small low-ceiled room without windows in which there was a large wooden chest, while scraps of agate and lapis-lazuli lay scattered on the floor.

Here he addressed him as follows: 'The two fragments which you have published separately belong together, and their history is as follows: King Kruigalzu (c.1300 BC.) once sent to the temple of Bel, among other articles of agate and lapis-lazuli {Modern and ancient esoteric stone from which blue scarabs or beetles make great symbolic ritual and talismanic pieces.}, an inscribed votive cylinder of agate. Then we priests suddenly received the command to make for the statue of the god Nidib a pair of ear rings of agate. We were in great dismay, since there was no agate as raw material at hand. In order for us to execute the command there was nothing for us to do but cut the votive cylinder into three parts, thus making three rings, each of which contained a portion of the original inscription. The first two served as ear rings for the statue of the god; the two fragments which have given you so much trouble are portions of them. If you will put the two of them together you will have a confirmation of my words.'

The continuation of the story is given by Mrs. Hilprecht who testified to having seen Prof. Hilprecht jump out of bed, rush into the study and cry out: 'It is so, it is so.'

There are many authenticated cases of strange bits of information obtained in dreams. Professor William James was very deeply impressed by the Enfield case in which the discovery of the body of a drowned woman was affected through a dream of Mrs. Titus of Lebanon, a stranger to the scene.

Prof. Charles Richet mentioned the following instance of dream cognition: 'I saw Stella on the 2nd of December during the day, and on leaving I said 'I am going to give a lecture on snake poison.' She at once replied: 'I dreamt last night of snakes, or rather of eels.' Then, without of course giving any reason {This story seems to be ESP.}, I asked her to tell me her dream, and her exact words were: 'It was about eels more than snakes, two eels, for I could see their white shining bellies and their sticky skin; and I said to myself I do not like these creatures, but it pains me when they are hurt.' This dream was strangely conformable to what I had done the day before December 1. On that day I had, for the first time in twenty years, experimented with eels. Desiring to draw from them a little blood, I had put them on the table and their white, shining, irridescent, viscous bellies had particularly struck me.'

An authenticated case of dream clairvoyance, possibly under spirit influence, is the following: Miss Loganson, a girl of Chicago, age nineteen, saw in a dream the assassination of her brother, Oscar, who was a farmer of Marengo, about fifty miles northwest of Chicago. She was accusing a farmer neighbor named Bedford for days, without any attention being paid to her. At length she was permitted to send a telegram {Silly woman, trying to spend money foolishly!}, the reply to which was 'Oscar has disappeared.' Starting for Oscar's farm, accompanied by another brother and by the police she went directly to the house of Bedford. Traces of blood were found in the kitchen. Proceeding to the hen house the yard of which was paved the girl said: 'My brother is buried here.' Owing to the insistence of the girl and her terrible agitation consent was given to dig. Under the pavement they first found the brother's overcoat and five feet down they came upon the body. Bedford was arrested at Ellos, Nebraska and hanged in due course. Miss Loganson, in explanation, said that the spirit of her brother haunted her continually for seven days in dream.

Lost objects are frequently found in dreams. In most cases subconscious memory sufficiently explains the mystery. There are, however, more complicated types. Hercules appeared. {Herakles, a De Danaan or Danaus, is an actual historic personage of the lineage claimed by Ptolemy in Manetho's somewhat questionable history of Egypt.} in a dream to Sophocles and indicated where a stolen crown would be found. Sophocles got the reward which was promised to the finder.

The supernormal character is the clearest in telepathic and prophetic dreams. They usually produce an impression lasting for days. Sweating and trembling is often noticeable on waking from a dream of this character. They tend, too, to be repeated. One of the best authenticated cases of prophetic dreams announced the murder of Chancellor Perceval. It was thus narrated by Abercrombie: 'Many years ago there was mentioned in several of the newspapers a dream which gave notice of the murder of Mr. Perceval. Through the kindness of an eminent medical friend in England I have received the authentic particulars of this remarkable case, from the gentleman to whom the dream occurred. He resides in Cornwall, and eight days before the murder was committed, dreamt that he was in the lobby of The House of Commons, and saw a small man enter, dressed in a blue coat and white waistcoat. Immediately after, he saw a man dressed in a brown coat with yellow basket metal buttons draw a pistol from under his coat, and discharge it at the former, who instantly fell; the blood issued from a wound a little below the left breast. He saw the murderer seized by some gentlemen who were present, and observed his countenance; and on asking who the gentleman was that had been shot, he was told that it was the Chancellor. He then awoke, and mentioned the dream to his wife, who made light of it; but in the course of the night the dream occurred three times without the least variation in any of the circumstances. He was now so much impressed by it, that he felt much inclined to give notice to Mr. Perceval, but was dissuaded by some friends whom he consulted, who assured him that he would only get himself treated as a fanatic. On the evening of the eighth day after, he received the account of the murder. Being in London a short time after, he found in the print-shops a representation of the scene, and recognised in it the countenance and dresses of the parties, the blood on Mr. Perceval's waistcoat, and the yellow basket buttons on Bellingham's coat, precisely as he had seen them in his dreams.'

Prof. Richet quoted a remarkable predictive dream of Mgr. Joseph de Lanyi, Bishop of Nagyvarad. He dreamed on the morning of June 28, 1914, at 4 a.m. of seeing a black-edged letter on his study table bearing the arms of the Archduke Frederic. The Bishop was professor of Hungarian language to the Archduke. In his dream he opened the letter and at its head saw a street into which an alley opened. The Archduke was seated in a motor car with his wife; facing him was a general and another officer by the side of the chauffeur. There was a crowd about the car and from the crowd two young men stepped forward and fired on the royal couple. The text of the letter ran: 'Your Eminence, dear Dr. Lanyi, my wife and I have been victims of a political crime at Sarajevo, June 28, 1914, 4 a.m.' 'Then,' stated Mgr. de Lanyi, 'I woke up trembling; I saw that the time was 4:30 a.m. and I wrote down my dream reproducing the characters that had appeared to me in the Archduke's letter..." (13)

Of course most of these are mere anecdotal references, even if the last one is a political event of great import and intrigue. The bottom line is that there are interesting things to explore and the facts when presented in advance can't be put down to mere hit and miss luck by people accustomed to making prophecies. Many are they who I've met and heard about such things as the clock stopping when their mother died, etc. It won't matter much for me to say that these things happen according to real science that most scientists are in 'denial' about, at this juncture; but I hope they are enough to open the mind to the possibilities that will continue to be presented from all facets of life experience.
    Last edited by R_Baird; 11-27-2015 at 04:47 PM.

If you read nothing more this week - this could be what changes all of your beliefs. Whatever you believe about the US Empire, the power of the Masons and Hassidim who project images into people and the ether, any religion, what technology will soon do to the World Mind, how to advance your own interests, and maybe even your soul (not meaning by doing what Rhodes did but you could do it an opposing way).

Cecil Rhodes had a 'Vision'

In an attempt to tie together Napoleon and others including Hitler, I offer these thoughts from http://cecilrhodes.net and an author named Vincent Leroux.

“This idea came to him at the age of 24 with the force of a religious revelation. What is interesting is that it struck him in the hours immediately following his initiation into the Masonic Order while at Oxford University.

Although Rhodes was slightly contemptuous of the organisation he had just joined - `I wonder that a large body of men can devote themselves to what at times appear the most ridiculous and absurd rites without an object and without an end' - the fact remains that whatever the Masonic induction he had gone through, it would appear to have triggered something of an epiphany in the young student.

On the evening after the ceremony, Rhodes sat pondering what had happened that day. Then, as he puts it, the 'idea gleaming and dancing before one's eyes like a will-of-the-wisp at last frames itself into a plan'. He proceeded to pen his `Confession of Faith' in which he outlined his ambition: to establish a secret society whose objective would be the furtherance of the British Empire and the uniting of the entire Anglo-Saxon race, including America, into one single empire.

From that day, June 2, 1877, Rhodes was a man with a mission, with his `Confession of Faith' his guiding star and inspiration. When he had grown to trust anybody, he would confidentially reveal his 'idea' to him and expect the man's life to be changed immediately.

Historians and biographers have criticised his naivety, but the fact remains that when Rhodes did reveal his 'idea' to others, it often had the same effect, resulting in them devoting themselves from then on to helping him achieve his lofty aims. There was an event in Rhodes' life, soon after his `illumination' at Oxford {Site of a Druidic pheryllt or alchemical school in the time before Rome. Therefore it is on an important part of the Earth Energy Grid.} that is hardly mentioned by his biographers, but which may well provide a key to how Rhodes acquired the personal magnetism and power that he displayed from then on.

Three months after his Masonic induction at Oxford, Rhodes was back at the diamond diggings of Kimberley, in South Africa. One night, while staying in his bachelor quarters, a very strange thing happened. `His friends', according to his biographer Sir Lewis Michell, `found him in his room, blue with fright, his door barricaded with a chest of drawers and other furniture; he insisted that he had seen a ghost.' Immediately after this pivotal crisis, Rhodes had his previously penned `Confession of Faith' (which also contained his last will and testament) legally formalised by a Kimberley attorney. From then on, his star was in the ascendant.

What exactly happened to him alone in his room that night? No one will ever know, except that exactly the same thing happened to another man, in the following century, who also went on to become one of the most powerful men the world has ever known - Adolf Hitler.

In his book, ‘Hitler Speaks', published in 1939, Hermann Rauschning writes of an event that took place at the beginning of the 1930's prior to Hitler's seizure of power and his ascent to fame and infamy. Says Rauschning: `My informant described to me in full detail a remarkable scene - I should not have credited the story if it had not come from such a source. Hitler stood swaying in his room, looking wildly about him. `He! He! He's been here!' He gasped. His lips were blue. Sweat streamed down his face. Suddenly he began to reel off figures, and odd words and broken phrases, entirely devoid of sense. It sounded horrible. He used strangely composed and entirely un-German word formations. Then he stood quite still, only his lips moving.... gradually he grew calm. After that he lay asleep for many hours.'

In 1933, soon after this strange event, Hitler seized power and the rest, as they say, is history. A clue to exactly what fearsome thing Hitler had witnessed is given by Hitler himself, who said to his circle of intimate friends, of which Rauschning was a part: `The new man is among us! He is here! I will tell you a secret. I have seen the vision of the new man - fearless and formidable. I shrank from him!'

On another occasion, reported by Rauschning, Hitler remarked: `I will tell you a secret. I am founding an Order.' Which is pretty well exactly what Rhodes had set out to do after his illumination. How strange that Rhodes' secret society dedicated to ruling the world should have ultimately become a living reality in the next century in Hitler's SS (Schutzstaffel).

The German scientist, Oswald Spengler, in his ‘Decline and Fall of Civilisation in the West', described the spirit of colonial expansion which possessed Rhodes as something, `daemonic and immense, which grips, forces into service and uses up mankind.' And herein lies the clue to the careers of both Rhodes and Hitler, that at a point in their lives, they both encountered something `daemonic'.

In the years after the end of the First World War, Rhodes began to receive attention from the European political right wing precisely because his career showed such an elemental will to power. In 1918 the intellectual prophet of German Nazism, Oswald Spengler, published the first volume his famous work, The Decline of the West. In this book, Spengler regards Rhodes with almost mystical awe, as a prototype of a new sort of leader. 'Rhodes is to be regarded as the first precursor of a western type of Caesar. He stands midway between Napoleon and the force-men of the next centuries... in our Germanic world, the spirits of Alaric and Theodoric will come again - there is a first hint of them in Cecil Rhodes.'

Hitler himself appears to have made only one reference to Rhodes: at a dinner on April 18, 1942, he discussed Britain's failure to maintain the world position it had held in the Victorian age and commented that the only person who had understood the historical conditions for continuing British supremacy was Cecil Rhodes, whom the British had ignored.

'Mr. Rhodes aspired to be the creator of one of those vast semi-religious, quasi-political associations which, like the Jesuits have played so large a part in the history of the world. To be more strictly accurate, he wished to found an Order ... and while he lived, he dreamed of being both its Caesar and its Loyola.' - W.T. Stead”
    Last edited by R_Baird; 11-27-2015 at 04:52 PM.

Before you sleep, work to visualize the day behind you and how you could have done more to make your life worthwhile (RIGHT THOUGHT = RIGHT ACTION). Each year it will become more possible for you to fulfill those dreams that are not of the waking world's desire. Walk through any mirror you see in your dreams and learn to astrally go to places and make a fuller dream potential too - in time this too will become unimportant and natural.

You already are working on the memory as you wake if you are journaling. After that try visualizing how you will take control and DO what is right (!) in the day ahead. Most of all do not look for peace in others - know it is within you (!) and the others who see it are already with you and they will love you best of all. We all must love each other naturally in these ways - and for the faint of heart or those who will find this all way too crazy - why live if not to create?

You may have heard that Thomas Edison was a great inventor. The movies paint him as a lot more responsible for the inventions than he was, and of course, these movies do not show what a deviate person he was to side with J. P. Morgan in buying up Tesla's wireless power patent to make General Electric a near monopoly when Tesla's approach might have even made third world nations able to compete with big money. But Spencer Tracy was a great actor and we must understand America needs heroes.

The description that follows of how to achieve tap-ins or creative visualizations or positive dreams is just focused on one layer of potential, there are many including yogic soft focus, flashes of enlightenment or just a buzz from a joint in a circle of friends. You might remember Norman Vincent Peale promoted similar things shortly after Edison had such success.

"Edison worked his tail off every day searching for market-worthy inventions. One of the areas of his research included how to maximize his productivity and his thinking. One way to accomplish both was to nap: “I enjoy working about 18 hours a day. Besides the short catnaps I take each day, I average about four to five hours of sleep per night,” stated Edison.

During some of his nap sessions he did more than recharge his internal batteries, he used his imagination to work on creative problems. Working naps required sitting upright in a chair. Sitting up made it harder for him to fully sleep and made it possible to stay lightly conscious during these sessions. To further assure that he would not lapse into sleep, he would hold a steel ball bearing in each hand. On the floor, placed directly below his closed hand would be a metal saucer. If he should fall completely asleep, his hands would relax and each ball bearing would fall to the floor, striking the metal saucer, making a noise loud enough to wake Edison.

What was he doing?
    Edison was utilizing what was named hypnagogia. Hypnagogia is the state (actually a variety of states) that can be experienced as we hang onto consciousness while moving towards sleep. It involves bodily relaxation and the easing of the grip of cognitive/emotive focus. In hypnagogia we get the benefit of a sort of emotional and cognitive wandering. This wandering can be gently guided, as Edison did, or left open to go where it wants to go. Guided wandering has the benefit of keeping a topic of our interest in mind so we can observe it from new angles to learn new things. Edison meant business by setting up conditions so he could stay in this state for long periods.

Instead of steel balls
    Edison’s approach works perfectly fine but here are two more ways which don’t require steel balls.

Approach 1 – Lie down on a bed, on your back and rest your upper arm (from shoulder to elbow) elbow flat on the bed. Bend your elbow and keep your lower arm (from your elbow to your finger tips) pointed straight up to the ceiling. When you fall asleep, your arm will flop down on the bed and catch your attention. Wake up a bit and then cost back to hypnagogic wandering.

Approach 2 – Use a slightly modified wake-up alarm – Get a car doze-alerting alarm for a few dollars (see www.napzapper.com). Cover over the little speaker that screams an alarm when it detects the downward flop of the head of dozing off. This will make the sound tolerable since you don’t need it screaming, just making enough noise to wake you up. Put the device over your ear and sit up in a chair like Edison. Keep your head level. Relax physically and mentally and let your mind wander.

What you will discover
    In hypnagogia everything can swirl together—visions, thoughts, feelings, physical sensations, and who knows what else. There will be so much going on that you can’t possibly remember it all so you will need some way to remember what is most important to you. Try making some notes during the process or shortly after you end the session. Use notes on paper or on a recorder.

All of this takes practice, but you will be shocked how quickly you can master entry into hypnagogia. Pleasant and fruitful wandering await you."

http://fireballimagery.com/2011/09/0...thomas-edison/

"The clergy converted the simple teachings of Jesus into an engine for enslaving mankind and adulterated by artificial constructions into a contrivance to filch wealth and power to themselves...these clergy, in fact, constitute the real Anti-Christ.”
    – Thomas Jefferson

Aristotle referred to happiness as the most we can achieve. Demons and gods were interchangeable in the time of Homer when people had far less institutionalized manipulation of their thoughts and soulful understandings. If mankind doesn't get these hallucinations or CONstructs out of the ether and away from the dreams that ordinary people can be affected by - will mankind ever shake the hold of cults and religion? The supposed quote from Jesus above is what Futurescape says machines can allow us to do now. We can "manifest" reality or "creatively realize" what occurs. The people controlling the machines will have more power than all the priests of antiquity.
    Last edited by R_Baird; 01-24-2016 at 12:39 PM. Reason: add content

If you dream you are in danger - if you talk openly about it. If you astral travel you will be dealt with summarily in certain circumstances. We live in spiritually dangerous times almost as bad as it was in the era of Heresy Trials and 'the burning times'.

I hope the drug companies will have to pay for damages just like Tobacco companies had to pay. But class action suits are much more difficult to get court approval for after Patriot Act II. Some people need to go to jail for lying about tests or for testing the uninformed humans and children they are abusing. The numbers who die from prescribed drugs are staggering - more in one year than the US lost in Iraq and/or Afghanistan. Things are much worse than when this article referred to in the following link reported in 1998. The link provides solid alternatives.

"An article appeared in the Washington Post of April 1998, stating that..."106,000 people die annually in the U.S. from properly prescribed drugs." The article says that heart medications, blood thinners and chemotherapeutic agents cause the most deaths. This is an American tragedy and we hope the following information will be beneficial to healthcare professionals and others looking for alternatives."
    http://www.life-sources.com/pages/Th...-Drugs....html

I have mentioned that Ritalin is a gateway drug in prior posts but the real issue is far worse. We label people and alienate them rather than help or care about them. Yes, our own families! I have detailed these matters in many ways and I have worked with Police who know Interventions are necessary but laws make it almost impossible. The following link will start to take you through the looking glass if you care enough to learn. It really only addresses one class or portion of the problem but the same ethic applies across the board.

"Labeling a child, "mentally ill," is like hanging a sign around his or her neck saying, "GARBAGE: take it away.", Thomas S. Szasz, M.D., Professor of Psychiatry.

How do children as young as eighteen months become drug addicts? The answer is they were "diagnosed" and labeled as having a new "mental illness." Pediatricians and psychiatrists then "treat the mental illness" with some of the most dangerous and addictive substances known to man. The result for far too many of these children is a personal disaster.

Today, under psychiatry's invented criteria, there isn't a single normal childhood activity which doesn't fall within the broad "symptoms" which comprise so-called "mental illness." Some of the labels are: Attention Deficit Disorder, Hyperactivity, Minimal Brain Dysfunction, Learning Disability, Impulse disorder, Developmental Reading Disorder, Developmental Writing Disorder, developmental Arithmetic Disorder."
    http://www.uhuh.com/education/ritpsych.htm

I do not want it to appear that I diminish real mental illness even though I say it is not a common occurrence even in those who are diagnosed with it. I think most breaks or experiences are due to stress and traumas. In the case of Jung I think he later regarded what he once considered to be his schizophrenia as a willful connection caused by his desire to understand his soul. He explored his connection to souls outside himself and to energy which has consciousness more than the psychologists who say what they say about his experiences. They are not familiar with the study of alchemy.

"3 Things You Didn’t Know About Carl Jung’s Psychosis

By John M. Grohol, Psy.D.

As the founder of one of the most influential schools of psychological thought — analytical psychology — Carl Jung (also known as CG Jung) experienced what today we might call a form of psychosis. It probably wasn’t a complete psychotic break, because Jung still functioned in his daily life.

His psychosis began when he was 38 years old, when he started finding himself haunted by visions in his head and started hearing voices. Jung himself worried about this “psychosis” — things that today we’d might say were consistent with symptoms of schizophrenia (a term he also used to describe himself during this period).

Jung didn’t let these visions and hallucinations slow him down, and continued seeing patients and actively engaging in his professional life. In fact, he so enjoyed the unconscious mind he had unleashed, he found a way to summon it whenever he wanted.

1. Jung actively induced his hallucinations and visions.

Most people who have psychosis or hallucinations seek to minimize their symptoms, to drown out the visions and hallucinations. After first experiencing these visions, Jung did just the opposite. He found the experience so exhilarating and full of unconscious content that could be further examined, he didn’t just wait for the visions to come on their own. Instead, he encouraged their appearance throughout the day, for years.

After dinner each night and in between seeing patients during the day, Jung spent time in his study inducing the visions and hallucinations. He did this not through the use of any kind of drug, apparently, but instead through his own personal methods that allowed his unconscious mind to become totally open and flowing forth.

2. Jung recorded everything from his psychosis.

Although modern recording equipment didn’t exist in 1913, when the hallucinations and visions began, Jung nonetheless kept a meticulous record of his psychosis. Jung would write down everything he saw and heard in small black journals. He later transferred some of this material into a large, red, leather-bound journal.

Over the course of 16 years, Jung recorded everything he experienced in these unconscious journeys. Some of the material ended up filling 205 large pages in the red book. The book consists of intricate, colorful, wildly detailed drawings and writings. “The Red Book,” as it was later called, stayed locked up in a vault after Jung’s death. It was finally published in 2009 as The Red Book and is now available for sale.

The New York Times describes the story told by the Red Book:

The book tells the story of Jung trying to face down his own demons as they emerged from the shadows. The results are humiliating, sometimes unsavory. In it, Jung travels the land of the dead, falls in love with a woman he later realizes is his sister, gets squeezed by a giant serpent and, in one terrifying moment, eats the liver of a little child.

3. Jung’s unconscious journey probably wasn’t the same as the unwanted psychosis people experience today.

While Jung described his visions as a type of “psychosis” or “schizophrenia,” those terms meant something different a hundred years ago than they do today. Today, the terms describe a specific constellation of symptoms, one of which is the meaningful and significant interruption the disorder makes upon a person’s ordinary, daily life.

Jung’s life, was by all accounts, not interrupted by his unconscious thoughts. He continued experiencing them off and on for 16 years, all the while traveling, speaking at various professional meetings, and translating and publishing his writings in English.

Jung did suffer from isolation, but that was likely caused more by his break from Sigmund Freud in 1915. World War I also negatively impacted virtually everybody’s life at this time, including Jung’s.

Also, Jung reportedly found a way to bring on his unconscious stream of thoughts and visions at will — something most people today who experience psychosis or schizophrenia can’t do. Nor can they do the opposite — make them go away by just willing it. If mental disorders could simply be fixed by willpower, we’d probably have little need for therapists or psychiatrists today.

It’s extraordinary to imagine one of the founders of modern psychological theories experienced such visions, and used them in his own way to form a creative work such as The Red Book."

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archive...ngs-psychosis/
    Last edited by R_Baird; 11-27-2015 at 04:55 PM.

Now I hope to propose a meaningful experiment continuing what Carl Jung tried to develop but failed to get enough people to participate in. He thought if the subconscious archetypal entities of spiritual consciousness or design intelligence were activated through different layers of mediumship or hypnogogy that an integrating convergence or actual consciousness would emerge or become more than mere awareness in his own mind and the minds of the four active participants. The following excerpt is from his unpublished book of personal journaling and art called The Red Book.

"The November entries in Black Book 2 depict Jung's sense of his
    return to his soul. He recounted the dreams that led him to opt
    for his scientific career, and the recent dreams that had brought
    him back to his soul. As he recalled in 1925, this first period of
    writing came to an end in November: "Not knowing what would
    come next, I thought perhaps more introspection was needed ...
    I devised such a boring method by fantasizing that I was digging
    a hole, and by accepting this fantasy as perfectly real."60 The first
    such experiment took place on December 12,1913.61
    As indicated, Jung had had extensive experience studying
    mediums in trance states, during which they were encouraged
    to produce waking fantasies and visual hallucinations, and had
    conducted experiments with automatic writing. Practices of
    visualization had also been used in various religious traditions.
    For example, in the fifth of the spiritual exercises of St. Ignatius
    of Loyola, individuals are instructed on how to "see with the eyes
    of the imagination the length, breadth and depth of hell," and to
    experience this with full sensory immediacy.62 Swedenborg also
    engaged in "spirit writing." In his spiritual diary; one entry reads:
    26 JAN. 1748.-Spirits, if permitted, could possess those
    who speak with them so utterly, that they would be as
    though they were entirely in the world; and indeed, in a
    manner so manifest, that they could communicate their
    thoughts through their medium, and even by letters;
    for they have sometimes, and indeed often, directed my
    !tand when writing, as though it were quite their own; so
    that they thought it was not I, but themselves writing.63
    From 1909 onward in Vienna, the psychoanalyst Herbert Silberer
    conducted experiments on himself in hypnagogic states.
    Silberer attempted to allow images to appear. These images,
    he maintained, presented symbolic depictions of his previous
    train of thought. Silberer corresponded with Jung and sent him
    offprints of his articles. 64
    In 1912, Ludwig Staudenmaier (1865-1933), a professor
    of experimental chemistry; published a work entitled Magic
    as an Experimental Science. Staudenmaier had embarked on selfexperimentations
    in 1901, commencing with automatic writing.
    A series of characters appeared, and he found that he no longer
    needed to write to conduct dialogues with them.65 He also induced
    acoustic and visual hallucinations. The aim of his enterprise
    was to use his self-experimentation to provide a scientific
    explanation of magic. He argued that the key to understanding
    magic lay in the concepts of hallucinations and the "under
    consciousness" (Unterbewufltsein), and gave particular importance
    60 Analytical Psychology, p. 46.
    to the role of personifications.66 Thus we see that Jung's procedure
    closely resembled a number of historical and contemporary
    practices with which he was familiar.
    From December 1913 onward, he carried on in the same
    procedure: deliberately evoking a fantasy in a waking state, and
    then entering into it as into a drama. These fantasies may be
    understood as a type of dramatized thinking in pictorial form. In
    reading his fantasies, the impact of Jung's mythological studies is
    clear. Some of the figures and conceptions derive directly from
    his readings, and the form and style bear witness to his fascination
    with the world of myth and epic. In the Black Books, Jung wrote
    down his fantasies in dated entries, together with reflections on
    his state of mind and his difficulties in comprehending the fantasies.
    The Black Books are not diaries of events, and very few dreams are
    noted in them. Rather, they are the records of an experiment. In
    December 1913, he referred to the first of the black books as the
    "book of my most difficult experiment."67
    In retrospect, he recalled that his scientific question was to see
    what took place when he switched off consciousness. The example
    of dreams indicated the existence of background activity, and he
    wanted to give this a possibility of emerging, just as one does
    when taking mescalin.68
    In an entry in his dream book on April 17,1917, Jung noted:
    "since then, frequent exercises in the emptying of consciousness."69
    His procedure was clearly intentional-while its aim was to
    allow psychic contents to appear spontaneously. He recalled
    that beneath the threshold of consciousness, everything was
    animated. At times, it was as if he heard something. At other
    times, he realized that he was whispering to himself.70
    From November 1913 to the following July; he remained uncertain
    of the meaning and significance of his undertaking, and concerning
    the meaning of his fantasies, which continued to develop. During
    this time, Philemon, who would prove to be an important figure in
    subsequent fantasies, appeared in a dream. Jung recounted:
    There was a blue sky; like the sea, covered not by clouds
    but by flat brown clods of earth. It looked as if the clods
    were breaking apart and the blue water of the sea were
    becoming visible between them. But the water was the blue
    sky. Suddenly there appeared from the right a winged being
    sailing across the sky. I saw that it was an old man with the
    horns of a bull. He held a bunch of four keys, one of which
    he clutched as if he were about to open a lock. He had the
    wings of the kingfisher with its characteristic colors. Since I
    did not understand this dream image, I painted it in order
    to impress it upon my memory.71
    61 The vision that ensued is found below in Liber Primus, chapter 5, "Journey into Hell in the Future," p. 24I.
    62 St. Ignatius of Loyola, "The spiritual exercises," in Personal Writings, tr. J. Munitiz and P. Endean (London: Penguin, 1996), p. 298. In 1939/40, Jung presented
    a psychological commentary on the spiritual exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola at the ETH (philemon Series, forthcoming).
    63 This passage was reproduced by William White in his Swedenborg: His Life and Writings, vol. I (London: Bath, 1867), pp. 293-94. In Jung's copy of this work, he marked
    the second half of this passage with a line in the margin. '
    64 See Silberer, "Bericht uber dne Methode, gewisse symbolische Halluzinations-Erscheinungen hervorzurufen und zu beobachten," J ahrbuch fur psychoanalytische und
    psychopathologische Forschungen 2 (1909), pp. 513-25.
    65 Staudenmaier, Die Magie als experimentelle NaturwissenschaJt (Leipzig: Akademische Verlagsgesellschaft, 1912), p. 19.
    66 Jung had a copy of Staudenmaier's book, and marked some passages in it.
    67 Black Book 2, p. 58.
    68MP, p. 38I.
    69 "Dreams," JF A, p. 9·
    70 MP, p. 145. To Margaret Ostrowski-Sachs, Jung said "The technique of active imagination can prove very important in difficult situations-where there is a visitation, say. It only makes sense when one has the feeling of being up against a blank wall. I experienced this when I separated from Freud. I did not know what I thought.

I only felt, 'It is not so.' Then I conceived of 'symbolic thinking' and after two years of active imagination so many ideas rushed in on me that I could hardly defend myself The same thoughts recurred. I appealed to my hands and began to carve wood-and then my way became clear" (From Conversations with C. G.Jung [Zurich: Juris Druck Verlag, 1971], p. 18).
    71 Memories, p. 207."
    The character in his fantasy world of hallucinations (Not unlike the native American indian Heyoka who regularly communed with wise spiritual entities.) mentioned near the end of the quote is Philemon and that is who the Red Book is produced and published by or with. I hope you realize Freud's followers in our society regard these kind of experiences as psychotic breaks. Jung said Freud had fears and phobias about the metaphysical or spiritual world borne of his controlling and controlled archetypes and memes that are common among misogynists and true believers who are unable to observe or feel any truth. He said some of these things in greater detail at different times and I have integrated them as a good alchemist like he and Silberer, who was the first of Freud's students to write a book on alchemy, would do. Marie Louise von Franz is another alchemist he worked with and who wrote about this experiment which I say is cutting edge modern consciousness research.
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-06-2015 at 07:13 PM.

She is part of the following quote from a Tarot site which is relevant because Tarot would be an ideal one of the four perspectives or magical four primary forces. It would be the local energy interplay of which people close to each other share hopes and thoughts unconsciously, which I observed can sense or be sensed for a duration of six weeks in future possible. In Tarot this is seen in the ten card spread as crossing the person in the near future. The near and distant time frames of both past and future would be one experiment focusing on how the consciousness interprets itself in time.

Jungian psychoanalysis is borne from visions he saw, in many ways. His knowledge and scientific method was of the highest calibre. In this Tarot site we have a person worth reading talking about Jung's knowledge of the Tarot.

"Dierdre Bair recounts in Jung: A Biography (Little, Brown, 2003, p. 549) that in 1950 Jung assigned to each of the four members of his Psychology Club an ‘intuitive, synchronistic method’ to explore. Hanni Binder was to research the Tarot and teach him how to read the cards. They determined that Grimaud’s Ancien Tarot de Marseille “was the only deck that possessed the properties and fulfilled the requirements of metaphor that he gleaned from within the alchemical texts.” Hanni Binder’s work amounted to very little as can be seen from her report preserved at the Jung Institute in New York. The group disbanded around 1954.

What was behind Jung’s attempt to gather all this material? Marie-Louise von Franz recounts in Psyche and Matter (1988) that toward the end of his life:

Jung suggested investigating cases where it could be supposed that the archetypal layer of the unconscious is constellated*—following a serious accident, for instance, or in the midst of a conflict or divorce situation—by having people engage in a divinatory procedure: throwing the I Ching, laying the Tarot cards, consulting the Mexican divination calendar, having a transit horoscope or a geomantic reading done. If Jung’s hypothesis is accurate, the results of all these procedures should converge. . . . [*a Jungian term meaning ‘the coming together of elements in the unconscious so that they form a consciously recognizable pattern of relationships.’ Christine Houde adds, “The constellated material is activated in the psyche of the individual where it attempts to erupt into the field of experience.”]

“[This investigation would consist of] studying an incident (accident) by the convergence . . . of a multitude of methods, with the help of which we could try to find out what the Self “thought” of this particular accident. . . . The generally rather vague formulations of divinatory techniques resemble these “clouds of cognition” that, according to Jung, constitute “absolute knowledge.”

Von Franz further explains that Jung’s “clouds of cognition” represents an awareness on the part of our conscious intelligence of a far vaster field of information, an “absolute knowledge,” within the collective unconscious. These images, on the part of a “more or less conscious ego,” lack precise focus and detail. Thus, the realization of meaning has to be “a living experience that touches the heart just as much as the mind.” She continues:

“Archetypal dream images and the images of the great myths and religions still have about them a little of the “cloudy” nature of absolute knowledge in that they always seem to contain more than we can assimilate consciously, even by means of elaborate interpretations. They always retain an ineffable and mysterious quality that seems to reveal to us more than we can really know.”*

On 9 February 1960, about a year before he died, Jung wrote Mr. A. D. Cornell about the disappointing end to his grand experiment:

“Under certain conditions it is possible to experiment with archetypes, as my ‘astrological experiment’ has shown. As a matter of fact we had begun such experiments at the C. G. Jung Institute in Zurich, using the historically known intuitive, i.e., synchronistic methods (astrology, geomancy, Tarot cards, and the I Ching). But we had too few co-workers and too little means, so we could not go on and had to stop.”

The experiment proposed by Jung is discussed in the Journal of Parapsychology (March 1998): in an article titled: “The Rhine-Jung letters: distinguishing parapsychological from synchronistic events – J.B. Rhine; Carl Jung” by Victor Mansfield, Sally Rhine-Feather, James Hall. The authors conclude:"

https://marygreer.wordpress.com/2008...ung-and-tarot/
    Last edited by R_Baird; 11-27-2015 at 04:59 PM.

Lucid dreaming tea, sounds good; I might get some, some day.

http://www.thealchemistskitchen.com/...d-dreaming-tea