Thread: Acupuncture, Ayurveda and Neurophysiology

Acupuncture, Ayurveda and Neurophysiology

You might ask why Neurophysiology is listed with these very ancient arts. Doesn't he know they are older than any historical or even verbal tradition? http://alternative-medicine-info-gui...rveda.html?m=0

I ask if nutrition like Ayurveda that dovetails the food an individual should eat with that person's actual body type was known when man first began to walk? If your dog knows to eat grass to settle it's stomach why would humans not have started learning what to eat as soon as they existed? If not they easily would have died off eating poisonous foods. Spicy and hot or the opposite; gunas and other details I don't remember because I have developed what works for me. That changes as one ages and I have adapted to that too. At least I think so, and it is working. Today there are DNA tests that determine what a body needs and Dr. Wayne Dyer who always ate right got cancer. He got the test and found he had been eating incorrectly for his metabolic body type - he is now in remission.

So what about Neurophysiology? I say the chakras are almost exact detailed charts of Neurophysiologic systems including the nerves but also including behaviours and more. The science of Yoga is very ancient and yet it is this exact. Of course you can say the adepts are wrong when they say they got this information through attuning their mind and body. I would agree they took some time to get it this exact, but I am sure it is at least as old as civilization. I can argue it is a major component of early culture and civilization. Which system came first? Was it sexual chakras and Tantra or Kundalini? That I cannot say. In fact these systems or different kinds of yoga might be just a few thousand years old.

http://www.ayurveda.nz.wb.gs/page107664.html

You might like this mythical origin story.
    http://www.drmanik.com/chap1.htm

Just as the human body has zones or points called psychic or other spots where reflexologists and shiatsu practitioners find useful there are areas on the surface of the Earth which have healing and energy altering affects or effects. The cycles which the moon affects in women, sun spots and even planetary energies are useful in medical astrology. There was a time in Czechoslovakia when astrologers had a 99% success or better with birth control. They also were helping those who wanted to have a baby as reported in Psychic Discoveries Behind the Iron Curtain; I read that before meeting Ed Tucker who was one of only six North Americans who had this knowledge. There are posts here that show metal tensile strength varies at some spots on the Earth Energy Grid which tie in with the ancient secrets surrounding the pentagon dodecahedron. One such post is under The Earth Energy Grid and Bermuda Triangle. The figure phi is a healing design as is amethyst used in crystal therapy, this is shown in the first link I now give you.

http://www.jainmalkin.com/html_site/...articles7.html

https://books.google.ca/books?id=jT-...ins%22&f=false

Given that we might have modern humans or at least civilized humans as much as 2,000,000 years ago - it is plain stupid to keep talking about just 10,000 years. Even if it is a million years of civilization we have all reason to think advancements in the very distant past far outstrip what we have been taught. I prefer this to alien intervention given the Prime Directive. (he-he)

This next link to Wikipedia is far closer to what I think is real. The researcher referred to has gone further and proposes up to ten species of hominids or variations have resulted. The Denisovan example would prove his contention as would the Hobbit which may be connected to his Mungo people and which I found cliff drawings there which lead me to posit just that. I cannot say he has continued to develop these theories. I have seen him forced to back off some of what is said here - and I hope he continues his free-thinking research.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Thorne

Deepak Chopra has a little input of value to balance my overly passionate comments.

"If bliss is basic to life, there should be a physical counterpart for it in the body, and indeed there is. According to Ayurveda, the body's counterpart to pure joy is a subtle substance called 'ojas', which is extracted from food once it has been perfectly digested. Like the doshas, ojas is just on the edge of being physical; one could call it a subtle substance that registers on both mind and body. The final and most valuable result of eating a good diet is to extract every drop of this subtle substance from your food. That enables the cells to "feel happy," to experience the cellular equivalent of bliss. {Do you think attuning and visualizing with the process helps?}

Twenty years ago, the idea of a happy cell would have made little sense in scientific terms. Now we know that the body in fact is capable of generating a complex network of chemicals (neurotransmitters, neuropeptides, and related molecules) that the brain uses to communicate emotions throughout the body. It is also known that a single meal can change the brain's biochemistry quite radically. A brain chemical connected with feelings of well-being, such as serotonin, goes up and down in response to the food being digested in the intestinal tract. This has opened up the exciting possibility of a "food pharmacy" to correct depression, anxiety, and other mental disorders, just as fiber helps to control cholesterol.

In Ayurveda {A very ancient herbalistic shamanic process related to Nyaya Yoga said to date back to 6000 BC.} we can bypass the bewildering complexity of brain chemistry. Nature has given us ojas, a single substance for happiness that the body makes all the time." (2)
    For me Nature worship of the modern variety is whatever works (!): and the wholistic integration of the mind body operating system that has knowledge. Science has learned such things as the lymph system and chakras act to bring soulful knowledge to our soulful potential.
    Last edited by R_Baird; 11-25-2015 at 01:19 PM.

Balancing chhi or qi can cause food to be metabolized properly and more efficiently. It activates chakras in valuable ways which our doctors seem unable to understand - other than thousands of them who support Patch Adams. Norman Cousins cured himself of a life-threatening illness. If you look it up you will see it identified and yet the Cancer Society says it was unknown. Laughter is a worthwhile healing helper and they do acknowledge it has a long history. Of course, people are smart enough to know when they feel better and that has been true since we were animals - just look at your diggie! But I remember reading Norman talking about more than just the release of hormones while he was afflicted. Because we (science) don't understand how it happens does that mean it isn't happening?

http://www.cancer.org/treatment/trea.../humor-therapy

See Patch in person here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdCrPBqQALc

The Atlanta Clinic of Prevention says these things.

QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF!!!

1. What are the "root causes" of the Western epidemic of chronic degenerative illnesses?
    2. What responsibility do you have for your own quantity and quality of life?
    3. Are there really good alternatives to drugs? (Answer: Yes, many times).
    4. Is it really necessary when I get older, that I be on 5-6 different medications and have several major surgeries?
    5. What fundamental biological mechanisms cause chronic disease and can these be retarded or reversed? (Answer: Yes, many times and the earlier you start the better and easier it is!)
    6. What nutrients and lifestyle factors reduce chronic disease?
    7. What about proper sleep, sex, outlook, exercise, meditation, digestion.... How much can these prevent or reverse chronic disease?
    8. How can we reduce or eliminate free radical damage from being such a formidable contributor to chronic disease?
    9. What role does our TOXIC environment, stress, immune system deficiencies, and nutritional inadequacies play in chronic disease? (Answer: A big role!)

As a scientist and physician, and for the record, I must tell you that we are talking about a body of knowledge that indeed does have its technical names, medical journals, medical college specialties, etc. as follows: Life Extension Medicine, Free Radical Molecular Medicine, Clinical Nutritional Biochemistry, Applied Toxicology and Immunology, Preventive and Environmental Medicine, and Psychoneuroimmunology.

VISION, GOALS, AND OBJECTIVES OF PREVENTIVE MEDICINE

While our current "health care" system has not fared well as evidenced in the aforementioned modern day illnesses plaguing Americans, we must nonetheless continue to hold a strong Vision of "health care reform" that goes far beyond mere disease management, suppressing symptoms, and crisis intervention. We need to realize that true health care reform in America must take a more broad, open-minded perspective which combines the "best" of both traditional-classical medicine and holistic preventive techniques. What we are talking about is a new era of medicine and healing that realizes it's not a particular school of thought but "disease" that is the enemy, so that whether it be drugs or acupuncture or surgery or herbs or meditation or vibrational medicine or some combination of these or other therapeutics.... Yes, all these particular therapeutics used for healing may have varying degrees of efficacy, credibility, and usefulness depending on the given set of circumstances. Why not blend the best of all healing techniques available around the world to maximize health in America. Well, I'm here to tell you that a combination of medical and alternative wholistic approaches we are talking about today is the medicine of the future.... so, let the future begin now!!!

Our Goals must be to:
    · Take a holistic health care approach to prevention and nutritional medicine and life extension medicine
    · Treat potential causes of ill health, not just suppressing symptoms
    · Blend the best of both worlds:
    1. Conventional Modern Medicine: featuring state-of-the-art diagnostic, evaluative medical techniques
    2. Holistic Preventive Medicine: featuring nutrition, diet, and lifestyle factors; environmental considerations, mind/body/emotional balancing techniques; complementary therapies, adjunctive therapies, and alternative therapeutics

Our Objectives must be to:
    1. Use the best possible diagnostic methods, medical experience, and God-given "intuition" to determine the root causes and scope relating to dis-ease states.
    2. Make a strong commitment to individualize a tailor-made program for each patient to assist him/her with their specific health problem; not only by giving them relief from current symptoms, but also by identifying and treating or removing potential causes of ill-health.
    3. Constantly researching and applying the latest and best cutting-edge techniques, breakthrough, supplements, and healing therapeutics available from around the world, and stand firm and dedicated to each patient ultimately achieving optimum health!
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-24-2015 at 05:41 AM.

When does consciousness exist? Will the sentient robots being created with nanotechnology and the dumping of human memory such as was done to a computer chip by Stanford in 1999 have a soul of their own? I do not believe our soul is dumped in this process. But the issue of soul can be debated until the cows come home by observers of natural phenomena. Modern science has no greater insight than the ancient observers. In fact the ancients spent more time attuning with consciousness or soul in all things - elemental and spiritual. Most nature worshippers are able to see an element of soul in rocks and trees and the recent fact that science provides about the white pine eating insects or the changing colour of leaves not being for the first frost add to the possibility as I see it. I love the saying of the Mayans - 'Do not put your self in front of your SELF.'

Our chakras may be conscious collectives of our solar bodies which have atoms and molecules inside us coalescing their consciousness. By acting as a creative agent in this coalescence we create or manifest reality. Part of the matter of Free Will is involved in these considerations that man can choose to avoid or to act upon. It is LIFE and growth, rather than some weird obsession with sins, fears and guilt which has been foisted upon us by theocracies focussed on power. Spiritual avoidance has lead to theologic tribal mud-slinging by 'Chosen Ones' whose prejudices cause war, and other hell fires and damnation against the PURPOSE of Divine Providence.

The female (passive vs. dynamic) or left side of the Tree of Life (Yggdrasil) as developed from rock representations of man and his vital egress and power entry points such as the Third Eye were known so long ago that I dare not type all the zeroes. I know many 'zeroes' of the non-mathematical variety would assail my naiveté or sense of who man is. These people are as 'sinister' as those who made the left-handed witches or heretics prove themselves as worthy in the 'autos da fe' or other vile acts of the heinous Church the Pope apologized for in 1999. 'Sinister' means left-handed and my older brother had teachers rap his knuckles to try to beat it out of him. My father had had this happen to him and he made them stop their evil behaviour. There are so many 'sinister' ways the paradigm programs us into being their sheep.

On a personal level you can close your eyes and focus your thoughts as you move your eyes to the eight points equidistant from each other in a circle. Spend 15 seconds or so at each point and breathe with conscious centering effect. The final point is where your look into the Third Eye inside your skull behind your forehead. Stay there and feel the 'buzz. - you have balanced the energy flowing to all lobes in the brain. This system known as the Mudras or Mutras in India and Greece can help Schizophrenics or other disassociative stress better than the 'pharmacological lobotomies' (term used by Drs. Breggin and Cohen) of our medical model, or social management of 'money trees'. Why is our brain structured the way it is - or how did the ancients know a chakra system that mirrors modern neurophysiological mapping of our nervous system. The same can be noted in the correlation of the psychic points chart, acupuncture chart and lymph system. Is this a case of 'As Above, So Below' or Intelligent Design?

AROMATHERAPY: - There are many natural therapies and ways to activate or enhance the functions of soul and nature. Some scholars have shown that Christianity and the other Ur story or Sumerian religions came about through an ancient mushroom cult. http://dangerousminds.net/comments/p...shroom_and_the The shamans of a million years ago knew the religious or spiritual benefits of many hallucinogens. Crystals, herbs, sex, food, music and massages of all type and ethnic names could be discussed. Every one of our senses has corollaries in the less easily observed soulful or ethereal realm. Deepak Chopra documents how massage activates natural hormonal production to create feelings of euphoria and well-being in matters with medical potential. Surely this scientific data is not necessary for any person who has actually lived or experienced life.

From personal experience I am sure that there is an attunement function that naturally occurs in this least highly regarded sensory attribute. Just as two lovers will attune their auras and closeness, so too they will become able to enjoy each others pheromones and natural odours. This will lead to automatic responses and excitement of the other attributes of the whole person. Does it make common everyday sense to know that any therapy that allows full utilization of our whole sensory equipment will impact all of our conscious and normal behavior? Wholistic medicine does not exclude common sense and we all need to 'stop and smell the roses', as the old wives do tell us. What greater expertise is there than common sense - that all too elusive commodity in our polluted milieu? Do you think we have given up some of the 'fun' and appreciation of nature and ourselves as we focus our attentions on complex explanations and ever-increasing rationalizations that deny our real soulful humanity? It was common to regard our animal self as a debased attribute to the extent that animals were said to have no consciousness until recent research has proven this perspective is as false as many other concepts. The Phoenicians of Ashkelon revered their dogs and gave them appropriate burials which recent archaeology attests.

ASHKELON: - "Sometimes dead men do tell tales. Cast as villains in the Bible, Canaanites and Philistines are telling their own story at Ashkelon, where excavations have unearthed a who's who of ancient cultures. The prize find so far: a sacred Canaanite calf figurine, a symbol of Baal." (19)
    Last edited by R_Baird; 01-25-2016 at 06:59 AM.

http://www.news.wisc.edu/22370

Do you think that modern humans are as good as shamans from over a hundred thousand years ago who lived in nature and attuned with it far more than we do?

http://www.i-sis.org.uk/How_mind_cha...meditation.php

The following quote from the above link would seem to provide a possible genetic science might have developed through sex of a spiritually attuned people (Bhakti or Nyaya etc.).

"The first study that used gene expression profiles to probe the effects of meditative practices was small but in-depth. The neutrophils (one kind of white blood cells) of 5 Asian Qigong practitioners were compared with 6 healthy Asian controls [3]. The Qigong group had practiced for at least a year consisting of a cognitive component in addition to exercise that lasted 1 to 2 h daily. Gene expression profiles were examined with microarrays for about 12 000 genes. Among them 250 genes were consistently different between the Qigong and the control groups with 132 down-regulated and 118 up regulated. Among the differentially expressed genes, the down-regulated include genes related to the ubiquitin degradation pathway (for breaking down proteins), as well as genes encoding ribosomal proteins. Cellular stress response genes were generally down regulated in Qigong practitioners compared with controls, but the expression of two heat shock proteins were increased. Expression of genes related to immunity was also increased in the Qigong groups, such as interferon gamma (IFN-g) and IFN-related and IFN-regulated genes (involved in fighting viral infections). In an in vitro assay, the neutrophils from Qigong practitioners had increased bacteriocidal activity. Furthermore, the lifespan of normal neutrophils was increased while that of inflammatory neutrophils was decreased through apoptosis.

A second study was particularly interesting. It evaluated gene expression changes triggered by the ‘relaxation response’ (RR), characterized by decreased oxygen consumption, increased exhaled nitric oxide and reduced psychological distress [4]. The practices were quite diverse, ranging from vipassana or insight meditation, mantra meditation, and transcendental meditation, to breath focus, Kripalu or Kundalini yoga, and repetitive prayer. The study included 19 long-term (average 9.4 years of practice) RR practitioners (group M) and 20 healthy controls tested at baseline (group N1) who underwent 8 weeks of training in guided relaxation techniques and tested again (group N2). Peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC, all blood cells having a round nucleus) were isolated and global transcriptome (totality of transcripts) profiles were determined using microarrays that could probe 47 000 genes and gene variants.

A total of 2 209 genes were differentially expressed between Group M and N1: 1 275 up and 945 down-regulated. Between Groups M and N2, 1 504 genes were differentially expressed: 774 up- and 730 down-regulated. Between N1 and N2, 1 562 genes were differentially expressed: 874 up- and 687 down-regulated. Interestingly, 595 genes were differentially expressed specifically in Group M, suggesting that long term practitioners of RR gives a distinct expression profile. Similarly, 428 genes were shared between the short and long term RR groups (N2 and M), but not with the controls N1 group. The type of genes differentially expressed suggested to the authors that gene expression changes in the M and N2 groups might indicate a greater capacity to respond to oxidative stress and associated detrimental effects. And it matters little which RR technique is practised.

The third study investigated changes in gene expression by Sudarshan Kriya (a kind of yoga) and associated practice [5]. It included 42 practitioners and 42 healthy normal controls. RNA was isolated from PBMC and subjected to Reverse Transcription –PCR analysis with a focus on genes involved in oxidative stress, DNA damage, cell cycle control, aging and apoptosis. In parallel, the blood drawn was assayed for glutathione peroxidase, superoxide dismutase, and glutathione levels. Consistent with a previous study, glutathione peroxidase and superoxide dismutase activities and glutathione levels were higher in practitioners compared with controls. Consistent with those findings, glutathione S-transferase mRNA was also significantly higher in practitioners compared with controls. Although not statistically significant, similar increases were found in the antioxidant genes Cu-Zn and Mn SOD (superoxide dismutase), glutathione perioxidase, and catalase. In addition, expression of the anti-apoptotic gene COX-2 and stress response gene HSP-70 were significantly increased in the practitioners. Thus the authors suggested that the meditative practice might result in a better antioxidant status, at least in part, by changes in the expression of the relevant genes, which may translate to better response to environmental stress.

All three studies suggest that yogi meditative practice give rise to gene expression changes consistent with improved response to environmental stress: improved survival of immune cells, improved antioxidant status "
    Last edited by R_Baird; 11-25-2015 at 01:22 PM.

The plant kingdom has been providing anti-oxidants and flavorful foods that heal in so-called folk medicine for millions of years. In modern epigenetic studies we are learning more about why these plants provide more benefit than most people would have known for all of those years.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4090835/

http://docslide.us/documents/jain-alchemy.html

Acutherapy simultaneously produces a mechanical stimulus, a thermal stimulus, and an electrical stimulus, which sets off a chain of electro-chemical reactions that send messages to the brain. The electrical current stimulates the production of neuro-transmitters.

The electrical messages are interpreted by the brain and the brain organizes the proper peptides to return the body to its homeostatic state. Most of the energies of the body are produced by the piezo-electric effect. When cells of any type are stressed, they give off their electrical potential and they can either be a positive or negative polarity of different frequencies.

Acutherapy applies piezo-electric energies of a broad spectrum of frequencies to neutralize, or normalize, spurious electrical fields thus releasing muscular tension and pain.

The Acutherapy session also places the body in a balanced condition therefore when the energy pathways are clear; messages are free to transmit and received much quicker.
    Last edited by R_Baird; 05-16-2015 at 01:54 AM.

"When I was in graduate school, I used to take Biblical text study courses. Studying Torah (Bible) is another very detailed word-based discipline. Every word is thought to be significant, and we would often debate why one word may have been chosen over another, and read about what the great Rabbinic commentators' thoughts were about these choices. Detailed text study gave me a profound respect for the process of choosing words carefully.

When I learned Reiki, I became fascinated with the studies of Masaro Emotu. He determined that words have energy. Positive energy and negative energy are emitted by spoken and written words. The words absorb the intention in which they are spoken or written and emit that energy to others, water, or where the words are directed. Emotu's experiments with water are truly inspiring. Some of them involved writing the word "Peace" on a piece of paper and affixing it to a container of water, and writing the words "You Fool" on another piece of paper affixed to a different container of water. The water came from the same original source. After a few hours, droplets of the water were quickly frozen and examined under a microscope. The water with the word "Peace" had grown beautiful detailed crystals. The water with the words "You Fool" had disjointed, chaotic pieces of broken crystals, and a muddy appearance."

http://reikiawakening.blogspot.ca/20...-of-words.html

Alice Langholt is a multi-disciplinarian and healer whose words have more meaning than most scientists and academics will want to give credit for. She also uses Kundalini Reiki and no hands approaches - which means a mere thought is all we need to assist each other.

It is so sad that we pay drug pushers to abuse us and butchers to cut open our bodies. So many healers are not only more capable and disciplined they actually prevent further harm. There is a place for modern medicine but Dr. Zoltan Rona (Search for him and Daniel Matt as well as Emotu - here, to get more about all these matters.) gets it right when he says our vaunted modern medicine "is a blip" on the history of the healing arts.
    Last edited by R_Baird; 11-25-2015 at 01:24 PM.

Sadly - for people like me, there is an Inquisitorial type of program or what a Dr. of Psychology I lived with called 'fear and jealousy'. She said that after talking with my older brother not some Christian trying to see the Devil Incarnate in me. Dr. Gray who wrote Men are from Mars (Women from Venus) wrote a book after that best-seller and he identified how one person will be turned into a 'psychic drain' in every family or organizational unit. This alienating agenda develops when a person expresses their experience even if that experience is lame and tame as far as Psychism goes. True Empathy requires an element of psychic development and not some superficial political correctness. Our world will soon get a lot better if Kaku, Zukav and others win the day.

The wicked Watchmen Fellows are onto Deepak Chopra as well. Their attempt to defeat what they call New Age knows no bounds. If they win the battle - we would be back in the Dark Ages without a nuclear or biological event.

"By Jason Barker

Date of Birth: 1947.

Publications: Nineteen books, including Ageless Body, Timeless Mind (1993), The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success (1995), The Return of Merlin (1995), The Way of the Wizard (1996), and The Path to Love (1997). Has also published a CD–ROM, Deepak Chopra’s The Wisdom Within (1997). Publishes a monthly newsletter, Deepak Chopra’s Infinite Possibilities for Body, Mind and Soul.

Organizations: Chopra Center for Well Being, Global Network for Spiritual Success, Quantum Publications, OSI Systems, Inc. (semiconductors). Unique Terms: Quantum soup, ayurveda / mind body medicine, Opti (a line of healthcare products, including OptiMind, OptiCalm, and OptiWoman), infinite possibilities.

HISTORY

Deepak Chopra is the oldest son of Krishan Chopra, an Indian cardiologist whose training was personally authorized by Lord Mountbatten.1 Chopra was raised in a family infused with both Western medicine and traditional Hindu beliefs and practices. For example, he describes a conflict over medical practices between his British-trained father and ayurveda-practicing grandfather.2 Following his father’s career in medicine, he graduated from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in 1968.3 While in medical school, he claims to have seen a Hindu holy man who was voluntarily buried alive; after six days, the man was freed and went on his way.4 Chopra first came to the United States in 1970 to serve an internship at a hospital in New Jersey.5 He followed this internship with a residency and further training at the Lahey Clinic and the University of Virginia Hospital.6 In the early 1980s, he became the chief of staff at New England Memorial Hospital.7

A major turning point in Chopra’s medical practice and philosophy occurred in 1981, when he returned to New Delhi and met Dr. Brihaspati Dev Triguna, “The preeminent living Ayurvedic physician.”8 Triguna needed only, according to Chopra, to “put three fingers on your wrist…and he knows your whole medical history — past, present, and future.”9 After hearing from Chopra’s friend that Chopra was “a beacon of wisdom” and “one of the most famous doctors” in America, Triguna touched Chopra’s wrist and diagnosed Chopra as “think[ing] too many unnecessary thoughts.”10 Chopra was advised to meditate, spend more time with his family, and chew his food more slowly.11 Chopra did not immediately follow Triguna’s advice. He was continually drinking coffee, smoking a pack of cigarettes each day, and drinking whiskey in the evening to relax.12 Eventually overcoming his previous biases against the Hindu-based mysticism of his native India which might hold the key to alleviating his stress, Chopra became receptive to the message of Transcendental Meditation (TM) that “meditation was an effortless process that led to deeper relaxation.”13 He notes that he was particularly impressed by the sizable amount of research that proves that TM reduces stress.14 Within two weeks he stopped smoking and drinking.15"

http://www.watchman.org/profiles/pdf/chopraprofile.pdf

Deepak and Wayne Dyer were on the circuit together and wrote books which were inspired by the likes of Don Juan or the Toltec I think was the last Ovate or Druid. My Dr. of Psychology lady had been on the Stress reduction therapy convention circuit before Chopra and we lived not far from his clinic, but I never met him. Werner (EST) tried to hire her. We both felt TM was a little over the top or a cult. Wayne Dyer had sent me a package including his first book about the time she and I broke up and I met my Ogham mentors who altered my life path immensely.
    Last edited by R_Baird; 02-14-2016 at 12:44 PM.

Science is hot on the trail of ways to activate the body and mind to affect us at a molecular and genetic level. The ancients appear to have had a way to do this through aromatherapy, music and our food intake in conjunction with attunements and varied disciplines. It does not require any great intuition to see the ether or earth energy was involved along with the sun; and thus sun and son worship evolved. It is also known that certain quartz rocks like Amethyst have healing powers and I would suggest here (and for epigeneticists) that in conjunction with good oxygenating meditative habits it can effect many great things people report but do not know how and why it happens. The energy from activating cells causing a lymphatic to psychic points back and forth with the chakras would potentially be able to affect the electron flows mentioned in the following article and excerpt therefrom.

"Electrons must be strictly allocated down the electron transport chain while protons must be pumped across the mitochondrial membrane. This movement of electrons not only facilitates the production of H2O, but also drives a proton gradient that causes the phosphorylation of adenosine diphosphate to adenosine triphosphate. ATP can then be utilized for a number of events including DNA/RNA/protein synthesis, cell signaling, cytoskeletal rearrangement, cell proliferation, and metabolic pathways. Despite the necessity for energy production, the electron transport chain is also responsible for the formation of mitochondrial reactive oxygen species (ROS) through continuous ‘leakage’ of electrons, causing partial reduction of O2 molecules [2]. Such events lead to the generation of superoxide (O2 -), hydrogen peroxide (H2O2), and hydroxyl radical (OH-), which can both stimulate physiological actions as well as damage important molecules in the body [3], depending on the quantity. At a low abundance, ROS help control normal cellular functions, as demonstrated by the immune system’s reliance on this type of signaling for regulation, activation, T cell proliferation [4,5], NF-κB activation [6], and signal transduction [7-9]. Conversely, high levels of ROS lead to oxidative stress, which has been linked to a variety of diseases, aging, and cell death [10-13]. ROS production is, thus, a necessary evil for functional aerobic metabolism.

Aerobic glycolysis

Although aerobic respiration is the main source of ATP in most mammalian cells, an alternative form of metabolism, glycolysis, is crucial in both immunity and disease states. Glycolysis enables the conversion of one glucose molecule to 2 pyruvate molecules, with subsequent production of lactate, NAD+, and ATP. The utilization of glycolysis is a less efficient form of metabolism. During mitochondrial respiration, a cell is able to produce 38 ATP molecules; however, during glycolysis, only 2 molecules of ATP are generated. The obvious 19-fold increase in ATP via oxidative phosphorylation seems more advantageous to the cell, especially since both metabolic pathways can use glucose as the starting material. However, glycolysis is especially important in times of hypoxia (anaerobic) and can occur even in the presence of oxygen (aerobic), such as with tumors and immune cells. Both anaerobic and aerobic glycolysis are crucial for the maintenance of tumor cells [14-16]. Tumor cells switch their energy production from oxidative phosphorylation to glycolysis upon transformation to malignancy [17,18]. This enables the tumor to rapidly grow in hypoxic environments and evade host immune cell defense mechanisms [19-21]. In oxygenated environments, tumor cells display augmented glucose transport and glycolysis [22,23]. This counterintuitive metabolic programming has been attributed to over-adaptation to hypoxic environments, a greater need for macromolecules during unrestrained proliferation (glycolysis drives better protein/nucleotide synthesis), and elevated expression of the glycolytic enzyme hexokinase [24,25]. This high aerobic glycolysis seen in cancer cells is called the Warburg effect [14,26] and has led to the development of anti-glycolytic drugs for cancer treatment [27,29]. During proliferation, T cells and cancer cells show similar metabolic programming. Thus T cells, even in the presence of sufficient oxygen, also choose to ferment glucose, as further discussed below."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3714201/
    Last edited by R_Baird; 03-07-2016 at 06:48 PM.