Thread: The Library at Alexandria

The Library at Alexandria

Christians and Arabs like Caliph Omar didn't like people getting knowledge. There were numerous attempts to destroy the warehouse of all knowledge which could be gathered, for centuries by the alchemists in the Ptolemaic lineage. http://www.ancient.eu/Ptolemy_I/ The Ptolemies were also the richest family in the world with mining ops in the Americas. Cleopatra (There were numerous Cleos) would give land in other nations to save her rule in Egypt as the Empire builders closed in on that money. But the Arabs ended up being far less oppressive in those days and the Darkest Age enveloped Europe. The Gnostic guardians of the Great Library managed to save the Dag or Nag Hammadi urns that had The Gospel of Thomas; which has much alchemical code and imagery in it. They later were the people called Cathars and invited Sufis, and others to share their wonderful and open society. http://www.world-mysteries.com/gw_rb_socrates.htm

Today there is another book burning!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/isis-b...030900856.html

The Gaedhils like Simon Magus were with the Gnostics. They are from Hyperborean regions where the Megaliths are older in underwater Carnac than Karnac in Egypt. In fact the elites of all white people are to be found in cahoots or corporate ventures to this day. Philip Gardiner's The Shining Ones documents some of this and he wrote that shortly before I contacted him.

http://www.irishoriginsofcivilizatio...symbolism.html

“All things truly wicked start from innocence.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

“More generally, as I shall repeat in Chapter 8, one of the truly bad effects of religion is that it teaches us that it is a virtue to be satisfied with not understanding.”
    ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

“Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.”
    ― Benjamin Franklin

“It's an universal law-- intolerance is the first sign of an inadequate education. An ill-educated person behaves with arrogant impatience, whereas truly profound education breeds humility.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

“That which we manifest is before us; we are the creators of our own destiny. Be it through intention or ignorance, our successes and our failures have been brought on by none other than ourselves.”
    ― Garth Stein

“He knows nothing; and he thinks he knows everything. That points clearly to a political career.”
    ― George Bernard Shaw, Major Barbara

“There is nothing in the record of the past two years when both Houses of Congress have been controlled by the Republican Party which can lead any person to believe that those promises will be fulfilled in the future. They follow the Hitler line - no matter how big the lie; repeat it often enough and the masses will regard it as truth.”
    ― John F. Kennedy

“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.”
    ― Charles Darwin, The Descent of Man

“Education is a system of imposed ignorance.”
    ― Noam Chomsky, Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media

“I examined the poets, and I look on them as people whose talent overawes both themselves and others, people who present themselves as wise men and are taken as such, when they are nothing of the sort.

From poets, I moved to artists. No one was more ignorant about the arts than I; no one was more convinced that artists possessed really beautiful secrets. However, I noticed that their condition was no better than that of the poets and that both of them have the same misconceptions. Because the most skillful among them excel in their specialty, they look upon themselves as the wisest of men. In my eyes, this presumption completely tarnished their knowledge. As a result, putting myself in the place of the oracle and asking myself what I would prefer to be — what I was or what they were, to know what they have learned or to know that I know nothing — I replied to myself and to the god: I wish to remain who I am.

We do not know — neither the sophists, nor the orators, nor the artists, nor I— what the True, the Good, and the Beautiful are. But there is this difference between us: although these people know nothing, they all believe they know something; whereas, I, if I know nothing, at least have no doubts about it. As a result, all this superiority in wisdom which the oracle has attributed to me reduces itself to the single point that I am strongly convinced that I am ignorant of what I do not know.”
    ― Socrates

The chief librarian of the Library in the second century BCE was a man who may have travelled and learned from Maui. Who is Maui and why is his name on the big island in Hawaii? Did Eratosthenes have the Tanawa or Torquetum? How can anyone believe the history telling us man thought the world was flat - ever? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eratosthenes

Here we have a German repository of knowledge addressing Maui and the great Library.
    http://www.bibliothek-alexandria.de/...tosthenes.html

Is religion a psychiatric symptom? The astronomical knowledge origins are more ancient than almost all over sources of civilization and the evolution of man. It leads many who are deceived to think religions have been correct about all manner of miracles or prophecies. You need to read this if you need to know, qabala or your religion. It addresses Aeons or eons and yugas or what came from observing the dog star Sirius and a lot more.

http://www.astronargon.us/A%20Greek%...0Sephiroth.pdf
    Last edited by R_Baird; 11-27-2015 at 09:56 PM.

The Benjaminites and Merovingians are Illuminized and Magian or Gnostic. This is a place we can say they developed into the New World Order which was later codified and added to in Babylon during the so-called diaspora when the Hebrew Bible was re-written and redacted.

Paine takes us to sun-worshipping Druids and the origin of Masonry, Templarism and the Dragons. All (along with alchemy) are derived from Magian roots and those roots go back to the original civilizing force I now think is in the Altaic homeland of Temujin - the Ainu.

I do wonder if anyone reads all these words I put before them. Here is just another excellent articles or stories from a long time ago. Qabala was the Verbal Tradition kept by poets or Bards (my last name - Baird, and Bharat in India).

"We know where the Nag Hammadi codices were hidden, but not who put them there, or why. (On my notion that they may have been connected with the temple of Hathor at Dendera, a stone's throw from Hag Hammadi, see When the Mysteries Died.) We have no idea where the originals may have been written and stored, but the Royal Library of Alexandria is one possibility. There is some artifactual and architectural evidence that Gnostic sects were established around the Mediterranean basin, including Palestine, close to the Dead Sea encampment of the Zaddikim. The "originals" could have originated in hundreds of places.

Beyond the question of textual origins for surviving Gnostic documents looms the larger question of the origins of the Gnostics themselves? Scholars today ignore this problem as insoluble, and unworthy of their time. Their only take interest in the Coptic materials as they reveal something about the origins of Christianity, not Gnosticism. No serious scholar considers the content of Gnostic teachings and Mystery School instruction as such to be worthy of discussion. This disregarding attitude extends to the cultural, historical, and geographical origins of the Gnostic movement.

It was not always so, however. A hundred years ago, half a century before the Nag Hammadi find, scholars working on the Berlin, Askew and Ahkmin codices, and the paraphrases of Gnostic teaching found in the polemics of the Church Fathers (that is, the dossier of the prosecution), took a deep interest in the pre-Christian origins of the movement. When Doresse published The Secret Books of the Egyptian Gnostics in 1958, there was still some debate over where the Gnostic movement originated. Amazingly, Doresse, a Catholic archeologist who was overtly hostile to the Gnostics, was the only post-Nag Hammadi scholar to cite what the Gnostics themselves had to say about the sources of their movement.

And thereby hangs a long and tangled tale.

The tale leads from Ephesus eastward past Hattusash, cold citadel of of the Hittites, and deep into Asia Minor: first to Harran, the bustling crossroads where Abraham arrived on the last leg of his exile from Ur in the Chaldees, then on to Ctesiphon, fabled for the soft heaps of amber in its marketplace, and into Parthia, home of the greatest archers in the world, past the scattered encampments of the Sabaeans, star-gazers who read in mystic trance the secrets of the thirteen heavenly Aeons, then deeper into Asia, beyond Nineveh, rich in courtesans, and beyond Hecbatana, smoke-filled city of a hundred gates, turning north toward the rugged Elbruz Mountains, and mounting to the high plain before Mount Hermon, the White Mountain of Seir, not far from the glittering, gunmetal blue of the Caspian Sea.

In plain English it leads to Azerbaijan, on the border of northwestern Iran. There, bounded to the north by the Araxes River, a high plateau fed by Lake Urmia marks the geographic matrix of the Gnostic movement. Doresse wrote: “There we find legends anterior to Gnosticism — those, for instance, which attributed a sacred character to Mount Hermon, the supposed residence of the Children of Seth at the beginning of human existence (p. 255).

Once the homeland of the Gnostic movement is located geographically (black diamond, upper center of map), a remarkable fact comes to light: the Urmian Plateau was the hidden navel of ancient cultures in Mesopotamia, aligned to the Fertile Crescent and symmetrically uniting the Near and Far East with the Mediterranean. See enlarged view of map for more details.

Star Wisdom

“Children of Seth” is the legendary name that Gnostics assigned to a sacred lineage of phosters, or revealers. The name Seth occurs in the Bible, in Genesis 4:25: “And Adam knew his wife again, and she bore a son, and called his name Seth. For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Adam slew.” Significantly, this is the only time it occurs. Seth belongs to “another seed,” a lineage set apart from the Judeo-Christian narrative of “sacred history.” From the inception of their story, Gnostics are situated outside the conventional narrative of Western spiritual life.

By the Sethians' own account, a tradition of secret knowledge concerning divine matters was transmitted from remote times by a succession of men and women who had mastered the illuminist method, Gnosis. The Revealers were an elite corps operating within a unique cultural and spiritual complex that emerged in prehistoric Iran: the Magian Order (MAY-gee-un). German scholars such as Gustav Widengren, Richard Reitzenstein, and M. H. Schraeder, who are largely ignored today, delved deeply into the prehistoric roots of Iranian religion known as Zurvan. This is the germ of the doctrine of cosmic duality attributed to the Persian prophet, Zoroaster, and spread throughout the world by the members of his religious order, the Magi. Reitzenstein in particular intuited that Gnostic ideas were influenced by Persian duality, or Zurvanism, but he was unable to work out how. No one since his time has done any better. The investigation is complicated by the remoteness of Iranian religion, dating to the 6th millennium BCE.

Persian duality is the great enigma in the history of religions. So far no scholar in the world, not even Mircea Eliade, has cracked the Zoroastrian nut.

Zarathustra is said to have been older than Plato by 6,000 years. He learned universal wisdom from the Good Spirit, that is the excellent understanding. His name translated into Greek, Astrothutes, means “star-worshipper" (Plato Prehistorian, p. 211).

In his elegant little book on the Gnostics, Jacques Lacarriere asserts that Gnosis was a path of illumination based upon ancient star-wisdom. The Jewish historian Josephus says that the Children of Seth were widely revered as celestial seers who “discovered the sciences of the heavenly bodies and their patterns” (Antiquities, I.68-72). All through the Near East and into Europa, the astronomer-priests of the Magian Order was known in late times as "Chaldeans," a rather misleading nickname. This term is a derivation of the Sumerian Kasdim, related to the Hebrew Chesed (a sepiroth of the Tree of Life) and Chassidim, "the pious," an ultra-conservative sect linked to the Zaddikim. The tendency of Biblical editing is to conflate Chaldean motifs with the Magian Order, conferring legitimacy on the patriarchs by way of association. Abraham's father, Terah, was a priest of the temple of the lunar god, Sin, in the city of Ur. There is a great deal of astro-mythological lore encoded in the Old Testament — evidence of Magian and Sethian influences. And, of course, the Magi figure vividly in the New Testament fable of the birth of the savior.

http://www.metahistory.org/gnostique...ticOrigins.php

Imagine the kinds of things we would have if this great repository of knowledge had not been destroyed. Here is a little that is left to us.

http://www.britishmuseum.org/explore...l_papyrus.aspx

Here is more from a great source.
    http://www.epigraphy.org/All_Abstracts.htm
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-01-2015 at 11:01 PM.

FAITH THAT MOVES MOUNTAINS:

The Way of the Peaceful Warrior is a great book that would allow people to see how they can cause change. It is written by Dan Millman who brings us the following from another of his books that are all worth contemplation.

"On an otherwise ordinary day, an angel appeared to a young merchant and former camel herder, known by all in the city where he was born. The angel's words filled him with awe and dread--it told him that he was to defy his people's ancestral religion, to denounce 360 deities carved in stone and worshipped for centuries, to declare himself the prophet of a single God, to abolish a way of life upon which countless lives and beliefs were founded--and establish a new religion out of nothing. Surely, he would be met with incredulity, rejection, violent persecution, and exile. Could his seemingly mad quest bring anything but failure--or at best, a martyr's death?

Or would this mortal, obedient to the divine command of an angel, achieve a victory beyond any that reason could have foretold?

He was born in Mecca in A.D. 570. His father died before his birth. His devastated mother, unable to nurse him, named Muhammad and gave him to a nursemaid--a shepherdess in a band of Bedouins. Muhammad spent his first five years with these nomads, living a hardy open-air existence following the grazing flocks through desert grass and scrub, sleeping in tents beneath a vast desert sky. Once weaned, he drank camel's milk and ate mostly rice, dates, wild birds, and locusts fried in oil. From the beginning, the desert claimed Muhammad as its own. He would always be a Bedouin at heart.

At age six, he returned to his mother, but she died later that year. He ended up living with an uncle, a caravan merchant. In the years that followed, Muhammad traveled throughout Arabia with his uncle's caravans, learning the wisdom of the desert, the ways of business, and the art of war as they fought off bands of marauders. His travels took him into close contact with various tribes and religions--Judaism, Christianity, and the Arab sects who worshipped hundreds of gods and goddesses in the form of stone idols. These experiences made a deep impression on this thoughtful, introspective youth. From these early threads, the tapestry of his fate was woven.

He grew into a handsome young man admired for his strong character, moral integrity, and sharp mind. But he had come to a merchant's life more by chance than choice. Disinterested in money and drawn to solitude, he left the caravan to work as a shepherd in the desert for months at a time.

When he was 25, Muhammad took a position in a trading company owned by a beautiful woman 15 years his senior. Her name was Khadija. For two years, he led Khadija's caravans throughout Arabia, rising to the position of company manager. Not surprisingly, Khadija fell in love with him. Finally, she proposed to him through an intermediary. Their marriage, which blessed them with six daughters, would last until Khadija's death 21 years later.

But almost as soon as the wedding ceremony had ended, Muhammad's mind again turned inward. His encounters with so many cultures and religions had planted hidden seeds within him that began to grow. He found himself pondering how the 360 stone gods in the temple of Mecca could save souls. Such questions drew him to once again search his own soul in the solitude of the desert.

Muhammad began spending his days in a cave in the hills outside Mecca, fasting, praying, and meditating. Sleeping little, he began to enter altered states {Seems a man away from a woman having visions who is a shepherd and poor person, might have begun to prove appealing in the literary tradition.} and have waking visions--to experience the inner life of a mystic. At times, violent trembling seized him and he lost consciousness. A practical man of robust health who had endured many grueling journeys across the desert, he found these phenomena strange and disturbing. But these inner quakes {Buddha's story includes lots of this kind of thing. What would happen to them today?} that he feared might be the harbingers of failing health were actually the premonitory tremors of a great awakening.

One night in the holy month of Ramadan in his 40th year, while fasting and praying in his desert cave, Muhammad heard a voice calling him with great urgency. Looking up in the darkness of his cave, he saw an angel standing before him, emanating a dazzling light. Muhammad fainted with fear, when he awoke, he found the angel still standing there.

'Read, thou,' the angel commanded him in a voice of stern authority.

'I cannot,' Muhammad stammered, for he could barely read.

'Read, thou,' the angel commanded him again in verse, 'in the name of the Lord who created all things, who created man from a clot. Read in the name of the Most High who taught man the use of the pen and taught him what before he knew not.'

In awe, Muhammad repeated these words, memorizing each one. Then the angel said, 'Muhammad, thou art the messenger of Allah and I am his angel, Gabriel.'

With that, the angel vanished.

In stunned exaltation, Muhammad went and told Khadija what had happened. She embraced him and unequivocally expressed her faith in his vision and his mission, saying, 'Rejoice, dear husband. He who holds in His hands the life of Khadija is my witness that thou wilt be the messenger of His people.'

But Muhammad could not accept his own vision. How could he, an ordinary man so far from perfection, be such a messenger? He feared that he might be deluded or perhaps insane. Days passed. He waited for another sign, for further confirmation so that he might believe in himself and know how to proceed. But no sign came.

At last, he returned to the cave on Mount Hira, seeking the angel Gabriel. He waited and prayed, but to no avail. In despair, haunted by terrible doubts and assailed by fears of madness, Muhammad climbed onto a precipice and prepared to leap to his death. At that very moment, the angel appeared before him again and, raising his hands, repeated, 'I am Gabriel, and thou art Muhammad, the Messenger of Allah.' Muhammad froze on the edge of the chasm in a spellbound trance. Hours passed. That night one of Khadija's servants came and found Muhammad still perched on a crag, lost in ecstasy, and led him home.

After that event, Muhammad began to quietly spread the revelation of his new faith among only a few close friends and family members. But in this tightly knit culture, word spread quickly. Before long, his persecution began--gossip, brutal beatings, plots against him, and attempts against his life. Over time, his honesty and virtue, the words of scripture revealed through him, and the mysterious workings of fate brought about the conversions of several of Mecca's greatest warriors. All this greatly strengthened the fledgling faith of Islam and drove fear into the hearts of its enemies.

People demanded that he perform miracles as proof of his divine mission. Muhammad answered that he had not come to perform miracles; he had come to preach the word of Allah. Challenged to move a mountain, he gazed toward it but it did not budge, so he spoke the now-famous words demonstrating his wisdom, humor, and humility: 'If the mountain will not come to Muhammad, then Muhammad will go to the mountain.'

From beginning to end, Muhammad acknowledged himself as an ordinary man, full of faults and limitations--a man chosen by God, for reasons he did not understand, to deliver a new revelation of Islam, which means 'submission to God.' Islam required faith in God, charity, purity, and a life free of idols, lived with the courage of a warrior in battle, with prayer as a cleansing immersion in His spirit.

The citizens of Mecca were roused to fury by Muhammad's attack on their cherished idols--and by his declaration that there was but one God, named Allah, and that he, Muhammad, was His prophet. Forced to flee across the desert to the city of Medina, he began his mission anew, once again a lonely prophet with a handful of followers in a city of unbelievers.

Over time, the angel Gabriel revealed scripture to Muhammad, which he recited aloud and which Khadija and others wrote down. This scripture became known as the Holy Koran (Quran). The Koran was Muhammad's defining miracle--the writing of this masterpiece of poetic religious scripture by a simple, semiliterate man might in itself have earned him fame as a prophet. But this feat was only one chapter in the life of Muhammad.

Persecuted as a heretic for nearly two decades by the people of Mecca {How was Khadija still alive if he spent almost two decades there? The math doesn't work, but perhaps the semiliterate don't worry.}, including many of his own relatives and former friends, the once young Bedouin became in old age a fearless military general. More than once, Mecca's army laid siege, seeking to destroy Medina, where Muhammad and his followers lived--their war would not end until Muhammad or Mecca fell. In the final battle, while outnumbered three to one, but filled with the power of Allah, Muhammad and his followers descended like a storm upon the Meccan army and destroyed it. This battle turned the tide." (1)

The people who ridicule the legends of Indians and natives aren't funny and it isn't right for me to do it either. Still it seems a poor role model to win followers by the sword of Allah or Yahweh (Yahu) or Shiva. We are all paying the price these story-tellers have wrought since the day of Caliph Omar and Constantine who took the fledgling new beliefs and built empires under their spell of ignorance. Omar said there was no need to read anything other than the Koran as he commanded one of the raids to destroy the great library at Alexandria that housed all knowledge; we need to really know about our roots. Islam has much good and is less intolerant than other Ur Story based religions.
    Last edited by R_Baird; 01-24-2016 at 12:49 PM.

The Rhind Papyrus still exists and we know some ancients from long before it was copied or compiled had near modern medical capabilities. I think the caduceus is a powerful tool to enhance attunement at a genetic level, for one example. Would it be foolish of me to suggest the Vatican catacombs or libraries which we never get to see have some of the books once held in the Alexandrian library?

The issue of a humanzee is not the end of the story. We can create the hybrids you see in astrological signs like my own - Sagittarius. I once saw an archaeological report on the site of the original Olympics that seemed to indicate some creature could jump so far it could hold the ball in a football game and get a field goal! Minotaurs and Centaurs might (!) have existed!

http://www.globalchange.com/humancow.htm

Indeed Edgar Cayce saw these things in his channelling readings on Atlantis or before it existed. https://books.google.ca/books?id=vAp...gar%22&f=false

Sardinia's castles in the era before Rome and as far back as the Hyksos rule in Egypt had cross bows and could defend every inch of the large island. No explanations forthcoming from academia. In fact you'll hear more about alien intervention than such facts. I say "pluck yew" (which is the derivation of the phrase often heard 'f*ck you') to those who think modern weapons up until the second world war were significantly better than the ancients.

"Its size suggests that it was one of the most powerful bows of its era. Historical texts indicate that its firing range could have been up to 2,600 feet, according to Huashang Newspaper, which is double the range of an assault rifle, which is about 1,300 feet.

Some historians believe that analysis of a number of historical texts shows that the crossbow was integral to several important military victories of the period."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/peop...-Warriors.html

The Phoenician ships which traveled the oceans of the whole world had windlass technology which I say lead to this crossbow technology.

Who do you believe? Is it possible that the Catholic Church sold off the artifacts and treasures they stole? It sure is, they have engaged in bankruptcy sales including the crown of thorns in the time of Pope Baldwin. And recently they have covered-up and lied about all manner of perverse acts as well as taking advantage of state laws to re-organize rather than make whole their victims in Boston. What about that separation of church and state they call upon all the time? Hypocrisy and heresy are this behemoth's stock and trade. Oh, for any denominations you hear talking about the Catholics as if they are not responsible - that too is hypocrisy. If their scripture and gods are truly different in every way - then they can use that tired argument.

"When the Romans sacked Jerusalem in AD 70, they took Temple treasures with them. Legend has it that religious articles from the Temple, including the menorah, were among them. Amar said the Vatican has already denied the menorah is there.

An aide to the rabbi said the Vatican was not likely to permit a search. The Vatican will allow the rabbis to view rare Jewish manuscripts in its possession, Amar said. He said if the rabbis were to come across “other objects,” they would be happy to bring them home.

The Maariv newspaper in Israel said the two rabbis could also seek to buy back a candelabrum that came from the Temple. It is believed to be held in the Vatican’s vast treasure caves.

In 1996, in the face of criticism and skepticism, Israeli Religious Affairs Minister Shimon Shetreet requested of the pope that an official inquiry be conducted to determine if the legendary golden menorah from the Second Temple is hidden in the Vatican.

Shetreet claimed to have evidence the menorah was there, though he refused to disclose it. He did say he had statements of people who claimed to have had discussions with previous popes, who indicated that the Catholic Church indeed did have such objects."

http://smoothstoneblog.net/israel-se...mple-artifacts

If you were to accept what Wikipedia says you would not connect the stories about submerged lands with proven scientific facts. Literal reading of many myths makes it easy for debunkers to debunk things they take a day or less to study. For sure there was no sunken continent while man has existed on Earth - but I can tell you Churchward's facts about MU fit today's proofs better than what history told us a few decades ago. I have presented a lot about Atlantis here as well. There was no one place, but there was a lot of developed cultures and sea travel before the catastrophe resulting from a meteor in 8350 BCE which wiped out most humans on Earth at that time.

Wikipedia has all manner of teacher types who have not studied, making contributions about things they were taught - and so the lies continue. I accept there was a Sarman or Sarmoung teaching from before the Zoroastrian Magi. That does not mean I accept every story Gurdjieff told or every detail of his Tibetan years of study where he learned the dances which allowed his students to develop a spiritual insight many had never achieved in all other studies. I explain the Mutras and Mudras which are similar. I believe there were sanctuaries of wise people surrounding lamaseries and which fit with the myths of Shangri-La.

https://books.google.ca/books?id=yif...eff%22&f=false

We will continue to find more legends were righter than our Bible based history. The cities along the Silk Road, Troy, Ashkelon, the Mungo Man and Hobbit, what is at the bottom of the Black Sea or off the coast of Cuba, Yonaguni, Macchu Picchu, Chichen Itza, many cities at the 9,000 foot level of the Andes discovered by Gene Savoy. Pohnpei, Sybaris, Lyoness, Madre de Dios, El Dorado - the list of fully proven and under investigation sites is endless.
    Last edited by R_Baird; 01-24-2016 at 12:56 PM.

The Mayans and Egyptians almost certainly were in contact throughout the area we now call the SW USA. I have seen Etruscan era artwork and statuary galore at Chichen Itza. The Etruscans and Shardana are cousins who were in Egypt and elsewhere.

All megaliths are astronomical observatories and collectors of cosmic energy. When we destroyed all written records of people like Poseidonius we lost a great deal of far more ancient information which some of the following authors suggest Ptolemy would have had in the Great Library - I agree.

I am not an astronomer nor do I fully understand all these calculations. They seem focused on the Short count which deals with planetary movement (especially Venus which is the morning star and Lucifer - and whose transit tells us about sun activity effecting the earth - Heliopolitanism). The Dresden Codex it discusses and evaluates is a major part of Mayan research by the likes of Churchward.

http://www.hermetic.ch/cal_stud/maya/boehm/boehm51.htm

Adam brings us a valuable trove including Samuel Beckett.

http://alchemyfraternitas.ru/media/libra/kniga/28.pdf

In this link we have connections of Ptolemy (see thread) to Eastern thought and variations but confirmation of knowledge through contact. All astrological knowledge was part of the Pentagon Dodecahedron and some day the Antikythera will be more fully understood as it was in the time of Poseidonius whose writings were destroyed.

https://altairastrology.wordpress.co...rms-or-bounds/

From the above we have a little discourse about Chaldean astronomy. I recall their math was base 60 and the Mayan zero mathematical system replaced it around the 8th Century AD after it was brought out of India 150 years after the Mayans invented it.

"Like so many things astrological there are different preferences. Most astrologers in Hellenistic times seemed to have used the Egyptian terms, maybe because they didn’t buy Ptolemy’s story of finding them in an ancient manuscript? We will never know for sure whether Ptolemy did indeed find a system as ancient as the Egyptian or whether the manuscript was merely a device for giving his system some authority. The argument for the first is that Ptolemy was an encyclopaedist who collected all the material available to him (and before the burning of the library in Alexandria that would have been plenty) and not an astrologer. I haven’t come across any reference to his system being used during or after his time, but that doesn’t mean that this wasn’t the case, it just means I haven’t come across documentation. Ptolemy’s terms seemed to have been more popular in the middle ages to the time of William Lilly. Both he and Bonatus provide tables for the Ptolemaic terms. Interestingly enough Johannes Schner in his book on the Judgement of Nativities used Egyptian terms.

I am not about to recommend one or the other leaving it to your judgement, dear reader. Both camps will tell you that their system works. And indeed both systems share some common features. There are differences in some of the signs and there are also often differences in how large the bounds are in each sign. But compared to the Chaldean system they are more similar than different. The Chaldean system seems accounts for a diurnal or nocturnal birth, with the term positions of Saturn and Mercury dependant on this. The Egyptian and ptolemaic systems ignore this. Also the Chaldean system has a regular division of degrees in each sign. The first term always has 8 degrees and each succeeding term one degree less (8-7-6-5-4)."
    Last edited by R_Baird; 11-27-2015 at 09:52 PM.

The Chaldeans addressed in the last post were part of the pan-tribal Keltic and later Phoenician Brotherhood. You will find evidentiary insight in the following first linked book for that assertion. The Druids had names in many languages, because they were in many regions of the Brotherhood. In Thrace their Bairds of the Druidic system or structure were called Kapnobatai.

The academics who ridicule and misquote Herodotus are doing the same kind of destruction of knowledge which included the burning and destruction of books by the likes of Poseidonius. I can liken it to the tyrannical scholasticism and torture of the dark Ages as well. They are still among us quoting others who did the same thing. Caesar is widely quoted as an author - it is unlikely he wrote anything. His propagandists including Hirtius wrote what he is credited with having written. You will even find people saying Homer never existed even after his books have been the source for the discovery of Troy and many other things the world over.

It is hard to say when Orpheus lived but I agree with the following author who says he influenced Pythagoras (not in person) and who was a Kapnobatai or poet, bard or baird. They are one of three main divisions of Druidry. I also agree with the connections to Magi, gymnosophists and others. Abaris was the last known Dean of Studies for this system of education which included sending children to relatives in other parts of the world.

https://books.google.ca/books?id=pJu...eus%22&f=false

And there is a lot of talk about 'smoke-walkers' being cannabis smokers and a synonym for Kapnobatai. Surely they smoked cannabis - on occasion. So what? These people could influence the direction of the smoke in fires - see thread Firewalkers. This book has the kind of invective directed at Herodotus and outright lies and dis-information characteristic of academia. You can say Napoleon did not exist and create massive convolutions to prove the point - so it is certainly easy to do the same about Orpheus.

https://books.google.ca/books?id=WDR...eus%22&f=false

Hero of Alexandria taught at the Library of Alexandria and was someone who worked on cybernetics. I suspect he had access to earlier writings in the Great Library which included what he is now credited with inventing. That includes a steam engine and wind turbines. Could these have powered to lights drawn in the Cave of Hathor where the academics have no way to explain how artists drew the designs and no candle or oil residue remains? Could his machinery have powered the craft drawn on walls at Abydos. Yes, no alien technology need apply.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hero_of_Alexandria
    Last edited by R_Baird; 07-13-2015 at 05:16 PM.

The Pentagram and the Sun (RA)

The Pentagon-Dodecahedron was a representation of earth's tectonic plates. The ancients built a network of megalithic structures upon it for many purposes related to enhancing their psycho-spiritual needs up to and possibly including what led to the vitrified rocks. Mystery Schools say this about it.

"Masonic Symbolism of the Arithmetical Number Five {See recent discovery of the Pentaquark} and Its Plane Geometric Construct the Pentagram and Solid Geometric Construct the Dodecahedron
    Stanley J. Bransgrove*

For presentation to the California College of the Societas Rosicruciana in Civitatibus Foederatis
    Introduction

The number five [1] and its byproduct, the pentagram, have symbolic prominence and have been attributed extraordinary qualities. Possibly before ancient Sumerian astronomers observed the curious natural phenomena that of the seven visible planets, only Venus traced a regular geometric pattern, a pentagram in eight-year cycles, this number and figure may have already achieved symbolic import. We can confirm at least that what was observed above, was repeated by man here below. In examining remaining monuments of this distant past we find evidence that in fact the symmetry of the pentagram was utilized in mans most important architectural edifices. We may also interpret the stone work of this initiatic tradition in light of literary references to such western traditions such as those of the Pythagoreans, Jews, Christians, Druids, as well as the Lataif of Sufi tradition, and Hindu Tattwas. The pentagram served the Pythagoreans as a salutation and a symbol of health. Medieval masons considered it a symbol of deep wisdom and integrated its proportions in ecclesiastical edifices. In recent times, professor Matila Gyrka called the pentagram the "gateway to absolute independence;" "symbol of deep wisdom;" and an "ideal archetype of dynamic growth." It is not surprising that we find such symbolism reoccurring in speculative Masonry and Masonic Rosicrusianism." (1)

A Shardana group of Phoenicians as well as the Genoese or Legurian people going back to 2000 BC are involved. Recent finds have these Shardana in a Trojan War era fortification reminiscent of the 'nuraghi' in Sardinia. That site is near present day Syria or Mt. Carmel. They are also found in the Hyksos reign over Egypt that is connected to Troy. There are mines under the water off Marseilles and the region near the mouth of the Rhone and the Pyrenees site of Rennes-le-Chateau is verdant with legend and importance throughout history and pre-history. Massalia was a focal point of transit and trade in a time before the Straits of Gibraltar were formed.

"Five churches or sacred sites are all built on hilltops on the site of older structures and form a perfect pentagon with its center near the megalithic sites known locally as Balancing Rock and the Devil's Chair. Two of these five sites are the churches in Rennes-le-Chateau and Bezu. Between them is the ruin at Serre de Lauzet, with the chapel of Blanchefort and the megalith at la Soulane as the other two points."
    These words are from Mary Sutherland.

The megaliths tie in with the natural pentagram of the Pentagon-dodecahedron, which an ancient Druidic University in the region either designed or used long before Caesar or other Roman Emperors proscribed and eliminated the Druids of the region as best they could.

The Phocaeans are closely associated with the 'Sons of Mil' of the Milesian 'Bees'. They took military ships across the Mediterranean to seal a deal with the king of Tartessus. You can read about it in The Rise of the Greeks by Michael Grant. That 'Bee' is also found in 2200 BC on the island of Crete in the Royal House of Mallia. It is important to remember that most early languages were vowel less. So 'ML' and 'MLL' are just one step removed from each other.

The natural pentagram formed by the mountains of the area near Rennes-le-Chateau where Nostradamus and Saunire were born is of paramount importance. The pentagon-dodecahedron knowledge was so secret in the time of Plato that anyone letting this secret be known to the uninitiated was put to death. Pythagoras (taught by Abaris [Rabbi] the Druid) and the Therapeutae used the pentagram instead and the Star of David, like the Kabballah, is 'twisted' for a purpose I have dealt with in other books. Recently I found an author saying Pythagoras was initiated into Druidism here. The Theosophists re-iterate much of what we have covered so far.

"The five-pointed star, or the star polygon of the number five, is made by marking five equidistant points on a circle and joining each to the next but one; the lines and angles are equal, the angles being 36 degrees, 72 degrees, and 108 degrees. The sections of the lines exhibit the golden ratio, by which a line is divided into extreme and mean ratio, that ratio being .618 or 1.618, which plays so important and interesting a part in geometry. In symbolism this figure is often taken as synonymous with the number five, the pentad. The Pythagoreans called it the pentalpha, because it was like five alphas (A). It combines the two and the three, the first even and the first odd numbers after unity, representing therefore among many other things, on the universal plane, the union of cosmic substance with cosmic intellect. If the three is combined with the four (another symbol of matter) we get the seven. As a union of five elements it stands for the heavenly or macrocosmic man and its five points correspond to the head and limbs of a man's body; the same idea lies behind the five wounds of Christ. When the star has its point down, it signifies the polar opposite of the preceding, that is, the nether or material pole of cosmic life; and so can be used as a black magical symbol -- the horns of evil are said to be up. The combination of these two produces the decad, in a similar way to that by which the two triangles are combined in Solomon's Seal; and thus we get another symbol of man's dual nature, and of the dual aspect of cosmic forces. In connection with this, astrologers will remember that each of five planets has two houses, a day house and a night house; while sun and moon have each one house, so that we have here the five, the ten, and the twelve, harmonized together. Five is specially important in our times because we are in the fifth root-race, and five elements have so far been manifested (the fifth, ether, only partially as yet). We have five digits on each limb; five is the most frequent number for the petals of a flower, we use the denary scale (twice five), and the number five plays a leading part in the geometry of the dodecahedron and icosahedron. In The Secret Doctrine we find the pentagon used for the number five in the formula 31415, the other figures likewise being denoted by geometrical signs." (2)

The linguistic connection between the Basque, Vietnamese, Mayan, and Denhe of the Pacific Northwest is mirrored in the RH blood factor that also shows up in Casiberia. The Pacific Northwest brings us the Kennewick Man and the Aleut mummies on the westward Copper Route from Lake Superior.

At the time of Ctl Hyk a couple of millennia before the Black Sea became something other than an inland freshwater lake, there appears to be a 'precocious' cell of advanced people there according to Jacquetta Hawkes. Are these Anatolians connected with the Smyrna Milesians or 'Bees' of the Onassis Merovingians? Are they the people who became the Shardana on Sardinia along with the nearby Legurian (Genoese Phoenician Pirates) group who treated Druids as priests according to one author I have quoted? There is so much to piece together, and correct.

http://www.shamanism.com/

We know the earth is not flat and we all should know who and why was involved in promoting that fiction starting perhaps with the tutor in the house of Constantine (he who is said to be the editor of the Bible and who sold out any knowledge or philosophy in order to make the Empire what it is as it grew after every fall. Yes, it grew in power and in profit for the ever fewer people who got their share or whatever they could grab from the rest of the world. Eratosthenes was involved directly with the Great Library and though Pythagoras was a little before it, his work in Egypt at the Great Pyramid is known in many ways and in many of his theories including sacred geometry. Here is a little of what remains to us about the great sage.

"Diogenes has preserved one extraordinarily interesting paraphrase of Alexander Polyhistor, concerning the Pythagorean idea of numbers as the elements of the universe:

The beginning of all is unity (monas); unity is a cause of indefinite duality as a matter; both unity and indefinite duality are sources of the numbers; the points are proceeding from numbers; the lines - from the points; from the lines are plane figures; from plane are volumetric figures; from them - sensibly acceptable solids, in which four elements are - fire, water, earth, and air; moving and changing totally, they give rise to the universe - inspired, intelligent, spherical, in the middle of which is the earth; and the earth is also spherical and inhabited from all sides. [DL, VIII, 25]
    Here and elsewhere Alexander expounds Pythagorean doctrines. (It is interesting to mention that Alexander states that he found all his information in some Pythagorean notes, and an addition to these notes made by Aristotle [DL, VIII, 36]). However, straight evaluation of Alexander himself as a Pythagorean does not follow from the quote. Also, the "catalogue of the Pythagoreans" by the Neo-Platonist Iamblichus [On Pythagorean Life 267] includes 218 persons, but Alexander's name is absent. Most likely, he was an erudite scholar, well-informed of different philosophical schools. It is proved by his nickname and his use of the genre of "successions of philosophers," as well as references in other of Diogenes' books, unrelated to Pythagoreanism."

http://www.iep.utm.edu/alexpoly/

Cosmos is doing some good on TV. The important point to consider in what follows is the statement which says Hypatia was held in high esteem by secular people who thought they knew Christ or what true Christians should study.

I enjoy seeing the corrections relating to what carl Sagan said and does not even remember he said from show to show. Yes, we do not know much about the who, the how, and the when of the Great Library - that is certain. What we should know is all we need to know - it was a storehouse of ancient knowledge which threatened a new Empire. That empire was making Religion even more than any nation had ever been! It succeeded and we still have to learn the truth.

"The recent Cosmos series has been a tour-de-force for science education and popularization, equal to the original. However, there is one aspect of both series that I have to take issue with, and that is the holding up of the murder of the philosopher Hypatia and the burning of the Great Library at Alexandria as examples of the decline of intellectualism in the early Christian era.

Hypatia was a neo-Platonist philosopher living in Alexandria, and probably the most famous female scholar of antiquity. It is agreed by all accounts that she was murdered by a Christian mob, specifically, followers of the Bishop, Cyril of Alexandria, in the year 415, as Dr. Sagan and Dr. Tyson both say. However, the account closest to her death says that she was not murdered for being a non-Christian (indeed she was held up by some Christians as a symbol of virtue), but for being an adviser to the Christian governor, Orestes, whom Cyril opposed. (Orestes was more secular than Cyril, opposing the growth of ecclesiastical power and making overtures to Jews and Pagans in Alexandria.)"

http://alexrhowe.com/2014/06/15/cosm...of-alexandria/
    Last edited by R_Baird; 03-19-2016 at 12:46 PM.