Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The War on Women

I don't even want to type what I think about humans when I consider how we went to war to protect the Kuwaiti Royals who are allowed to murder their maids who they abuse all the time.

https://books.google.ca/books?id=PEk...sia%22&f=false

Then there is this about Chinese culture (or lack thereof).

Professor Gu replied by saying:

”Having concubines is out of a husband’s love and care to his wife. Man is as if a teapot and woman is as if a tea cup: A teapot with 4 tea cups can make a set, but a tea cup with 4 teapots cannot”.
    Virginia Woolf said, “My greatest adventure was undoubtedly Proust. What is there left to write after that?” Who are you to argue with Virginia Woolf?

You may have seen the movie WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF yet not remember anything she wrote, so here is a sample of her great insight on nations.

"Therefore if you insist upon fighting to protect me, or ‘our' country, let it be understood, soberly and rationally between us, that you are fighting to gratify a sex instinct which I cannot share; to procure benefits which I have not shared and probably will not share; but not to gratify my instincts, or to protect myself or my country, ‘For', the outsider will say, ‘in fact, as a woman, I have no country, As a woman I want no country. As a woman my country is the whole world.' And if, when reason has had its say, still some obstinate emotion remains, some love of England dropped into a child's ear by the cawing of rooks in an elm tree, by the splash of waves on a beach, or by English voices murmuring nursery rhymes, this drop of pure, if irrational, emotion she will serve her to give to England first what she desires of peace and freedom for the whole world." (3)

Ecumenicism requires laws to be enforced against any party regardless of so-called separation of church and state. In India they made a law many decades ago that said young women could not be thrown on the funeral pyre of the old fart that bought them for an ox or part thereof. It still is a Hindu tradition. We need to change immigration laws and re-educate parents or all of our society.

"“Our women are precious to us.” That is the typical Muslim response when asked about the treatment of women in Islam. Women are covered from head-to-toe because they are so “precious,” and in the West, domestic abuse is higher in the Muslim enclaves than in the neighborhoods of the natives because women in Islam are “valued so highly.” Female genital mutilation is apparently another way to demonstrate how women are treated like queens by their Muslim families, and getting flogged or even beheaded for getting raped also proves how special women are in the “religion of peace.”

Honor killings are another wonderful example of the treatment of women in Islam. Recently in Pakistan, a man and his two accomplices killed his sister for allegedly having “illicit relations” with a neighbor. In another Pakistani case, a woman, her aunt and cousin were all killed in an honor killing because the woman left her husband to marry another man. The other two women helped her, and the jirga, assembly of tribal elders, decided that they must be killed. No, it wasn’t madness or a crime of passion but an official decision made by what is essentially the governing group there because women are “precious” in Islam."

http://chersonandmolschky.com/2013/1...t-women-islam/

I just blew my running nose into some toilet paper after watching Gentleman's Agreement again. I threw it into the toilet and flushed it away just as I would have liked to flush away any memory of all the bigotry and hypocrisy that I have endured watching what people do to the supposedly weaker people all around them. This movie and it's script won all manner of awards and deserves to be used in schools along with many other great movies - if we wanted to change the ethic which rules our society.

No way I can hold a candle to the author's skill and it won't help me to say they shouldn't have stopped with anti-Semitism and racism. The einsteinian professor who pointed out there are no Jews that science can prove and no god his science could accept was a delight to hear as he pointed out the differences between Zionism and brotherhood. Gregory Peck's fiancÚ or John Garfield as the Jewish buddy telling her that is what a man wants in a wife - a buddy to help him deal with the hard times - I can't say there was any one moment that made me well up and sniffle.

I feel the same way when I engage in my fight against misogyny or the supposed mentally ill and disabled victims of the same ego and upside down stinking-thinking. I can write a mountain of words proving alienation and corruption are problems beyond the blame of any one group or ideology. I can lay out a plan that would answer all the problems and even give a decent attempt at prioritizing those problems so everyone can believe we can change the world. But I can't really make much difference. I have tried so long it hurts.

The mother just had a stroke and had read the article Peck had written about being a Jew for eight weeks. She said his father would have loved to read how he saw freedom as central to the cause of Brotherhood. He said he couldn't blame the bigots any more than the Cathies (His fiancÚ) and those who made the Gentleman's Agreements to avoid facing the problems. The problem is being polite - not facing the intensity he felt and energy he needed to address the false politeness or political correctness. LORD do I know this part in the play of life.

But Garfield met his fiancÚ and agreed to move his family to her home where she could fight the bigots if she heard any of them talking. That is why I need to go blow my nose and dry my eyes again! The mother then said maybe the 20th Century would be the century of the people. Sorry I am to testify - things are worse, because people still think that way. Yes, the blacks and Jews are freer but remember To Kill a Mockingbird and Robert Duvall's heroic portrayal of a mental deficient. Remember Einstein was a dyslexic - remember Ritalin!

I would love to live to see the day we have religious taxes for churches who do not follow reasonable laws and make an effort to help society deal with the problems those churches have created. This is an outreach that has value in this regard.

http://www.healthpolicyinitiative.co...oolkit_acc.pdf
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-06-2015 at 10:04 PM.

I was just accepted into a forum called International Skeptics Forum which was previously the Amazing Randi (JREFoundation) website. Maybe they have decided to have some fun with me - I know I will enjoy it.

I posted a little of Re-Discovering the Mind and such as well as this.

It is important to see both sides of every question and to be able to argue each side or any of the continuum from good to evil (there being no such thing).

I spent over a decade in serious and deep involvement in the matter of Family Violence and noticed many therapists (Including a Doctor of Psychology who was a forensic court witness and expert - who was my 'twin' - decreed by me into my life - born the same day, one full astrological cycle apart.) deny the victim is part of the problem.

Maybe in an ideal world there would be no truth to my assertion that the victim has a role in seeking out the very problems they were subjected to. In an ideal world we would teach the opportunities associated with sex and knowledge - wisdom acquisition associated with sex and various sutras. In an ideal world religion would not be allowed to teach wife-beating as an acceptable practice - there is a Muslim Cleric video I can provide, and we all know how Catholicism has preached misogyny since all the harbinger and chattel nonsense.

We have needed to "appeal to base human urges" in order to manage people and brainwash them according to philosophy even before Machiavelli said those words in Il Principe for his De Medicis (Popes) masters. Yes, all forms of thought (memes, semiotics, managing Consent - see Chomsky- NLP, and MKUltra etc.) are well known to me.

But statistics can lie as Twain told us "There are lies, damn lies and statistics."

To that end I noticed in the OP this phrase - and saw no questioning of it.

because I know from beaten and murdered kids statistics that women are as bad as men

The author of the OP made a comment wondering how I could question his statement. I responded with details on how questionnaires and data can mislead and asked what the parameters were in his mind. I told him spousal abuse can eliminate much of Family Violence in the nature of consensual sex; and that abuse can be as simple as hearing what a person has been through (which I opened myself to in trying to heal). I posted my poem on the pink-eyed rabbit and people commented that the person who wrote the poem was too busy to give a considered response - because it was all over the `web. So goes the war!
    Last edited by R_Baird; 11-11-2015 at 09:42 AM.

The origin of the Amazons is in far earlier matriarchal or egalitarian Keltic times. This will soon be proven as we throw off the history of patriarchs and falsified histories to support keeping all people in their place, under some Empire rather than Brotherhood (Iesa). This lady gets a good part of the picture. The women being denigrated in far off lands heard about these noble women warriors and joined their ranks - no matter what race they were accepted in the normal Keltic manner of Brotherhood still evident in many places around the world.

"The origins of the Amazons, if deduced only from Greek records, are obscure and purely mythological.

However, as in the case of the Greeks themselves, the records of other peoples and clues in their own culture give more detail. Record of the Amazons lie also with the Ukrainians, the Chinese, the Scythians, Hittites, and Indians, to name a few. The Amazon Nation consisted of a federation of numerous all women tribes from two groups: women who left their villages temporarily for service to their Goddess, and women who preferred an all female society. This was not considered harmful or unusual. Amazons and priestesses often formed the backbone of medical and teaching personnel in communities. A wide variety of scientific knowledge was preserved in the context of ritual and systems of divination. Bearing children was the task of a warrior, given how physically dangerous it was to mother and child. Symbolically, the mother acts as a human gateway between the worlds when giving birth, an extremely dangerous occupation demanding careful precautions.

At the time that Amazon tribes began to form, the primary deity was a Goddess, usually identified as the Lady of Beasts, the Bird Goddess, or the Snake Goddess, categories developed by Dr. Marija Gimbutas. {When you see the word deity it is not some superstitious religious claptrap - think of it as a totem or energy from reality which different clans used to represent their special kinship with. Or later as people travelled - representative deities recalling their lineage in what became ancestor worship. IMHO} This was particularly true of the Amazons, and is reflected in all mythology concerning them. Perhaps then, the easiest way to trace the Amazons is to begin with their Goddesses, given the origin of their tribes in dedicated religious colleges in North Africa {See thread on Malta.} and Anatolia approximately 10,000 years ago.

In the Myrine entry of Chapter One, two Goddesses of the Libyan Amazons were described: Sipylene of the Moon and Sea, and Athena of the Sun. In fact, there was a third Goddess worshipped in the area, by a tribe of Amazons later known as the Pallantids. This was Pallas Promachos (Pallas of the Vanguard), whose mere shadow appeared in Athens later. The Pallantids eventually became hereditary enemies of Athens, after the raids which broke the treaties signed after the Attic War.

The first recorded encounters between Greek and Amazon tribes occur in North Africa. Few authors make clear that the Libyan Amazons were black, and that so too must be Athena, Pallas, and Sipylene. They may have helped inspire divine female figures who have black skin in European folklore, apart from chthonic Goddesses who are black due to their connection with the soil. The other source is ancient India, homeland of the Goddesses Sera 'army' and Uma 'light' or 'Moon.' Sera seems to have been predominantly a war Goddess, but Uma became Goddess of the Moon, war, and wisdom. Uma's name may be the root of the term 'Amazon' from Uma-zoon, often translated 'Moon Warriors.' Amastis on the Black Sea may also be named for her, suggesting that Amazons there were her worshippers. Sera's followers were settled on the Gulf of Amnissus.

The migration of Indian Amazons occurred early, probably corresponding to the invasions that destroyed the Harrapan civilization (approximately 2000 BCE){I say earlier here, in Ilavarta.}. They established early Northern Amazon settlements, and seem to have made contact with the Libyan Amazons, whose Gorgon Goddess bears points of resemblance to Kali.

At last to the Greeks, who believed that all Amazons were descendants of Ares through Harmonia. Harmonia is a title of Aphrodite, whose warlike aspect was more commonly known as Galatea {Galatians in Roman times - Bible myth of Jesus built into the Gospel lies.}. She comes from the Middle East originally, and may be related to Astarte. {Much of this is Phoenician history too.} Paphos was originally an Amazon colony, which suggests that Aphrodite's warrior women brought her there. Still other Amazons were from Anatolia and Crete, as evidenced by their worship of Artemis, Cybele, Rhea, and Gaea. All of these and Aphrodite were worshipped as Lady of the Beasts and warrior Goddess. {See Eleusinian Mysteries, Druid's Eggs and more.} Athena was different.

A descendant of the Bird Goddess of Neolithic times, {Is this brd goddess able to speak the language of the brds?} that was also her aspect {This is the appropriate word reflecting the energy or reality of representative deities which later were corrupted into religions OVER people.} among the Gorgons. The golden Sun eagle was originally one of her forms. Marija Gimbutas demonstrated that the Bird and Snake Goddesses were always together in Neolithic Old Europe."

http://www.amazonation.com/Origins&Geo.html
    Last edited by R_Baird; 11-29-2015 at 10:22 AM.

Simone De Beauvoir, The Second Sex:

"'The female is a female by virtue of a certain lack of qualities,' said Aristotle; 'we should regard the female nature as afflicted with a natural defectiveness.' And St. Thomas for his part pronounced woman to be an 'imperfect man,' an 'incidental' being. This is symbolized in Genesis where Eve is depicted as made from what Bossuet called a 'supernumerary bone of Adam.' Thus humanity is male and man defines woman not in herself but as relative to him; she is not regarded as an autonomous being. Michelet writes: 'Woman, the relative being'...And she is simply what man decrees; thus she is called 'the sex,' by which is meant that she appears essentially to the male as a sexual being. For him she is sex -- absolute sex, no less. She is defined and differentiated with reference to man and not he with reference to her; she is the incidental, the inessential as opposed to the essential. He is the Subject, he is the Absolute -- she is the Other."

Reinhold Niebuhr, The Children Of Light & The Children Of Darkness:

"The preservation of a democratic civilization requires the wisdom of the serpent and the harmlessness of the dove. The children of light must be armed with the wisdom of the children of darkness but remain free from their malice. They must know the power of self-interest in human society without giving it moral justification. They must have this wisdom in order that they may beguile, deflect, harness and restrain self-interest, individual and collective, for the sake of the community."

http://www.philosophicalsociety.com/bon_mot_archive.htm