Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Quackery" - Alternative Medicine

"Quackery" - Alternative Medicine

Wikipedia says alternative medicine is quackery. But they say that about anything you don't pay drug pushers large sums of money to abuse you with. Yes, the definition of allopath is drug-pusher; as I see it. When Hillary Clinton tried to bring preventive medical practices into the US system of medicine she was confronted by lobbying of a major sort. They won - she (and we) lost. I am heartened by the cover story of Time Magazine a decade or more ago which said people spend as much on alternative medicine as the insurance or medical system allocates.

The drug companies or pharms also tried to put an end to GNC and vitamins or other supplements around that time. Fortunately Common Cause and the people of the US finally had enough - and this initiative which had five years to be phased in - was defeated in just one year. But it is so funny to see the American Medical Association being presented as something good for people when you know it has a history of being the worst drug pusher you have ever had feasting upon your friends, neighbors and loved ones. Just because they aren't telling you it is healthy to drink laudanum or prescriptions with more alcohol than bottled whiskey in present times does not mean they aren't motivated and paid by the same cretins. Here is what Wiki says about alternative medicine.

"Alternative medicine is any practice that is put forward as having the healing effects of medicine, but is not founded on evidence gathered using the scientific method.[1][2] It consists of a wide range of health care practices, products and therapies.[3] Examples include new and traditional medicine practices such as homeopathy, naturopathy, chiropractic, energy medicine, various forms of acupuncture, traditional Chinese medicine, Ayurvedic medicine, and Christian faith healing. The treatments are those that are not part of the conventional, science-based healthcare system,[4][5][6][7] and are not backed by scientific evidence.

Complementary medicine is alternative medicine used together with conventional medical treatment in a belief, not proven by using scientific methods, that it "complements" the treatment.[n 1][1][9][10] CAM is the abbreviation for complementary and alternative medicine.[11][12] Integrative medicine (or integrative health) is the combination of the practices and methods of alternative medicine with conventional medicine.[13]

Alternative medical diagnoses and treatments are usually not included in the degree courses of medical schools, or used in conventional medicine, where treatments are based on what is proven using the scientific method. Alternative therapies lack such scientific validation, and their effectiveness is either unproved or disproved.[14][15][16] Alternative medicine is usually based on religion, tradition, superstition, belief in supernatural energies, pseudoscience, errors in reasoning, propaganda, or fraud.[14][17][18][19] Regulation and licensing of alternative medicine and health care providers varies from country to country, and state to state.

The scientific community has criticized alternative medicine as being based on misleading statements, quackery, pseudoscience, antiscience, fraud, or poor scientific methodology. Promoting alternative medicine has been called dangerous and unethical.[20] Testing alternative medicine has been called a waste of scarce medical research resources.[21] Critics have said "there is really no such thing as alternative medicine, just medicine that works and medicine that doesn't",[22] and "Can there be any reasonable 'alternative' [to medicine based on evidence]?"[23]"

In China you pay a little all the time - to your doctor while he or she keeps you feeling good. There is a real incentive built in because you do not pay when you are not well. I consider that approach as a little outdated and I look forward to the Apple app which will monitor our health as well as other modern methods. In Toronto you have a great Naturopathic school that includes the support of M. D.'s and modern methods alongside the techniques Wiki calls quackery; such as Chiropractry. Unfortunately the Canadian Medical lobby recently succeeded in getting any funds to chiropractors and massage therapists cut off the medical system.

The President of the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine has these words to say. You must have an accredited college degree before applying and the staff includes many MD's. Local TV has a panel type of presentation on health which includes NDs with MDs. Of course they have a modern approach but naturopathy is so ancient I could say it pre-dates civilization.

"Naturopathic medicine is founded on the principle of healing through the co-operative power of nature. It involves harnessing science to unleash this healing power. Individuals who choose to practice as naturopathic doctors pledge to "encourage others to strengthen their health, reduce risks for disease and preserve the health of our planet for ourselves and future generations." The focus is on promoting health, not on alleviating symptoms. To address the fundamental causes of disease, to heal the whole person through individualized treatment, to teach the principles of healthy living and preventative medicine—these are among the principles that underpin the profession.

If you are the type of individual who views the healing of others as a calling, you exhibit a quality that the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM) values in its students. You do not simply want to enter a profession; ¬you are answering a calling that will lead to greater fulfillment in your life.

My time at CCNM has been one of the most fulfilling periods of my life. I have been impressed by the high quality of our student body. The students are bright, energetic and extremely dedicated. The faculty have impressive credentials and experience and are strongly committed to teaching others the path to promoting health. The staff is dedicated to ensuring that the educational environment is of high quality and the student experiences are positive. In short, I have encountered a team that works together to ensure that CCNM graduates individuals who are well prepared for their roles as naturopathic doctors.

CCNM is a very special place. Our small student body (approximately 550) and self-contained campus allows for an intensity of interaction that fosters life-long friendships. The Robert Schad Naturopathic Clinic is the best-equipped naturopathic medical education clinic in North America, with over 40 examination rooms. The 4.3 acre campus, with its treed courtyard and herb garden, provides a very special atmosphere, while sitting adjacent to a subway entrance.

As you read through the material on this website, reflect upon your decision with care. The path that you are considering is not an easy one. The naturopathic medicine program is extremely intense. The first year involves a comprehensive examination of the biomedical sciences that underlie the study of medicine. The second and third years focus increasingly on the clinical sciences and the modalities that constitute the tools of the profession. The fourth year is spent largely in clinical practice under the supervision of registered NDs."
    The Atlanta school which I equate to the one above has a lot of good articles on things including the Mind, Body, Spirit connection which I think should be required reading for everybody at least once every four years in school.

http://www.acpm.net/articles.html#number

Hillary Clinton is now preparing to run for President and if for no other reason I will cheer her on - it is this. I suspect she will try to re-initiate health care reform to focus on preventive medicine or what the following commentator derides as functional medicine and other names he throws around in a vituperative fashion.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/...onal-medicine/
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-19-2015 at 04:28 PM.

I am sorry for having a hard-on for bad thinking and immoral action. But there are so many areas of our society which demonstrate it. These words are from a very good (even great) article run in Newsweek that leads off saying Hillary and her competition in the past election all agreed Preventive Medicine was good.

"As David Brown wrote earlier this month in The Washington Post, "Studies show it's often cheaper to let people get sick ... Even when prevention greatly reduces future cases of a particular illness, overall cost to the health-care system typically goes up when lots of disease-preventing strategies are put into practice." For example, he questioned the value of taking cholesterol-lowering drugs:"

Dean Ornish rips that kind of thinking a new one and provides many equally ridiculous examples without even addressing the medical fraud that is so prevalent. Yes, doctors often perform totally unnecessary operations just to fatten their wallet or pay back ridiculous debts from going through a memory course for seven years - which modern computer technology makes redundant and worse.

http://www.newsweek.com/health-preve...th-money-86075

Now into the rabbit hole of lobbying we have.

https://books.google.ca/books?id=d1R...sts%22&f=false

I have a lot of respect for Jimmy Carter who faced tremendous opposition inside the Beltway when he took office. Almost every issue saw him lose his stated agenda. The Bureaucrats were ready with disinformation on defense spending; and all methods they could muster were on call. Here is a fair analysis including many top legislators. I quote some of his words from the link herewith.

For most of my term, I fought the hospital and medical lobbyists, trying to initiate hospital-cost containment measures designed to insure adequate health care at a reasonable expense. This was not an unproven idea. Several states had already implemented such a system, with notable results: much lower costs to patients and adequately sustained profits for the hospitals and doctors.

I was never able to succeed in this effort, which would have saved the American people more than $50 billion (!) in the first 5 years-after leaving the hospitals free to raise their prices 50% faster than the prevailing inflation rate. In the final showdown, Congress was flooded with money, in the form of campaign contributions from the health industry.

http://www.ontheissues.org/celeb/Jim...ealth_Care.htm
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-24-2015 at 03:59 AM.

The Atlanta Clinic of Prevention says these things.

QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF!!!

1. What are the "root causes" of the Western epidemic of chronic degenerative illnesses?
    2. What responsibility do you have for your own quantity and quality of life?
    3. Are there really good alternatives to drugs? (Answer: Yes, many times).
    4. Is it really necessary when I get older, that I be on 5-6 different medications and have several major surgeries?
    5. What fundamental biological mechanisms cause chronic disease and can these be retarded or reversed? (Answer: Yes, many times and the earlier you start the better and easier it is!)
    6. What nutrients and lifestyle factors reduce chronic disease?
    7. What about proper sleep, sex, outlook, exercise, meditation, digestion.... How much can these prevent or reverse chronic disease?
    8. How can we reduce or eliminate free radical damage from being such a formidable contributor to chronic disease?
    9. What role does our TOXIC environment, stress, immune system deficiencies, and nutritional inadequacies play in chronic disease? (Answer: A big role!)

As a scientist and physician, and for the record, I must tell you that we are talking about a body of knowledge that indeed does have its technical names, medical journals, medical college specialties, etc. as follows: Life Extension Medicine, Free Radical Molecular Medicine, Clinical Nutritional Biochemistry, Applied Toxicology and Immunology, Preventive and Environmental Medicine, and Psychoneuroimmunology.

VISION, GOALS, AND OBJECTIVES OF PREVENTIVE MEDICINE

While our current "health care" system has not fared well as evidenced in the aforementioned modern day illnesses plaguing Americans, we must nonetheless continue to hold a strong Vision of "health care reform" that goes far beyond mere disease management, suppressing symptoms, and crisis intervention. We need to realize that true health care reform in America must take a more broad, open-minded perspective which combines the "best" of both traditional-classical medicine and holistic preventive techniques. What we are talking about is a new era of medicine and healing that realizes it's not a particular school of thought but "disease" that is the enemy, so that whether it be drugs or acupuncture or surgery or herbs or meditation or vibrational medicine or some combination of these or other therapeutics.... Yes, all these particular therapeutics used for healing may have varying degrees of efficacy, credibility, and usefulness depending on the given set of circumstances. Why not blend the best of all healing techniques available around the world to maximize health in America. Well, I'm here to tell you that a combination of medical and alternative wholistic approaches we are talking about today is the medicine of the future.... so, let the future begin now!!!

Our Goals must be to:
    · Take a holistic health care approach to prevention and nutritional medicine and life extension medicine
    · Treat potential causes of ill health, not just suppressing symptoms
    · Blend the best of both worlds:
    1. Conventional Modern Medicine: featuring state-of-the-art diagnostic, evaluative medical techniques
    2. Holistic Preventive Medicine: featuring nutrition, diet, and lifestyle factors; environmental considerations, mind/body/emotional balancing techniques; complementary therapies, adjunctive therapies, and alternative therapeutics

Our Objectives must be to:
    1. Use the best possible diagnostic methods, medical experience, and God-given "intuition" to determine the root causes and scope relating to dis-ease states.
    2. Make a strong commitment to individualize a tailor-made program for each patient to assist him/her with their specific health problem; not only by giving them relief from current symptoms, but also by identifying and treating or removing potential causes of ill-health.
    3. Constantly researching and applying the latest and best cutting-edge techniques, breakthrough, supplements, and healing therapeutics available from around the world, and stand firm and dedicated to each patient ultimately achieving optimum health!
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-21-2015 at 05:45 PM.

I am going to quote a source which has a far-reaching grasp of many issues - I even wonder if the author is familiar with my work. Not everything is as I would say it - but it is well worth a look.

Here is a little which applies to this topic.

"As another example of the medical conspiracy; would it shock you to find out that there are, in use today, several medically proven cures for cancer? One such cure is Essiac and has been in use since at least 1922; it has no known adverse side effects. It is made from four common herbs and elevates the immune system. In 1937 it came within three votes of being legalised as a cancer treatment in Canada and was passed on to the British Cancer Campaign by its founder, Rene Caisse, via the Prince of Wales. And yet today, it is still only available through selected, virtually underground, outlets world-wide. I have many dozens of case studies which testify to the efficacy of this treatment (see Appendix IV).

Furthermore, in the 1930s a man named Royal Raymond Rife developed a very high powered microscope, almost seven times more powerful than those in use at the time, which could detect organisms which cause diseases such as infections and cancers. He did this by illuminating these organisms at their own specific frequency of light and could, therefore, examine them and their effects whilst they remained alive as opposed to killing them first using dye stains or high powered electron microscopy as was the norm. He then discovered that, by altering the frequency of their environment microbes could mutate and change their size and shape to resemble viruses and bacteria alike, thereby enabling the same microbe to cause many diverse diseases. For example, the same germs which cause pus – streptococci – could also become the germs which cause pneumonia – pneumococci – in response to an alteration in their environment. Rife also discovered that by bombarding these organisms with higher frequencies of light, he could destroy them. He demonstrated that it was possible to create and destroy cancers at will and succeeded in curing otherwise terminal patients of this disease, as well as others such as polio and typhus, in almost 100% of cases.

Today, it is conventionally accepted that single specific germs are responsible for single specific forms of infection. This theory was advanced by the French scientist Pasteur but was disputed by his rival Bechamp who was in favour of the mutation theory known as pleomorphism. We are rarely informed in text books that, according to his co-worker, Dr Duclaux, Pasteur himself changed his mind and revoked his 'germ theory' in favour of one closer to that of pleomorphism. However, over 100 years later, Pasteur's original germ theory is still the standard working model for the understanding of the action of microbes in the body.

Many types of bacteria exist in a symbiotic relationship with our bodies all of the time and only become symptomatic once the physical body begins to deteriorate due to an unhealthy lifestyle. Bacteria are then free to scavenge the 'soil' produced in the disease process, i.e. when the tissues degenerate to a similar frequency as the microbes, releasing dead organic matter similar to viruses upon which these microbes feed (remember Wilner's definition of the HIV retrovirus?). They then excrete this dead matter as waste products via the bloodstream, faeces or other exudates such as mucous. The extent to which the bacteria can multiply is limited to the amount of soil upon which they have to feed and could not be capable of invading the body to the extent to which science would have us believe unless there was already an adequate food supply. Furthermore, as has been demonstrated in Rife's vibratory work, it is possible for these microbes to mutate into other forms and even to cancer-causing agents according to their environmental conditions, defined by the degree of concentration of waste products and the vibratory rate. The subsequent systemic and metabolic reaction to these toxic excreted waste products, such as sore throat and high temperature (the body's natural way of eradicating the bacteria), are generally the symptoms of diseases which are given priority in day to day general medical practice, whereupon drugs are usually given to suppress them. In giving antibiotics we often succeed in killing the very microbes which are removing the diseased body's dead matter during the natural healing process. In doing so we also open up our bodies to other forms of disease such as fungal infections which are usually kept at bay by the natural presence of bacteria.

Another effective cure for AIDS and cancer has been successfully employed in clinical practise all over the world for at least fifty years and is a cure for virtually all germ diseases. This is Oxygen/Ozone therapy. The principle behind it is simplicity itself and is the reason why the pharmaceutical companies and drug agencies are so afraid of it that they have conspired to suppress it also. It is conventionally accepted that the majority of germs are anaerobic, which means that they survive without oxygen. Therefore, if one floods the bloodstream with oxygen, these organisms cannot survive. Oxygen is one of the fundamental and most necessary elements to human survival. It exists as air, water and most of our food sources such as carbohydrates. The human race has evolved in levels of oxygen far higher than exist in today's polluted and tree-depleted world and we are all running on less than is desirable for optimum health; especially the city-dwellers. Foods and food supplements which release high levels of oxygen such as in the form of Hydrogen Peroxide are beneficial to our well-being. Indeed, Hydrogen Peroxide itself, when taken in dilute form or applied directly to wounds is one of the most effective antiseptics and healing compounds there is.

I believe disease is the result of disharmonious energy fields which can be caused by both physical and non-physical disharmony. Thus, dis-ease can be eradicated by oxygen therapy because it boosts the immune system by raising our vibratory rate, thereby making our bodies healthy. It is a simple fact that disease cannot exist in a healthy body."

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/manipulation/
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-24-2015 at 03:52 AM.

Is psychiatry losing students who once flocked to it because society has recognized some of it's many flaws (Torture like ECT, drug overdosing etc). Do psychiatrists and Medical Doctors who are Christian and Jews or Islamics actually forget their own brainwashed ideologies? I can tell you they are just human. Present day medical doctors in the Christian faith are still discussing demonization and how to treat it. You know it was a lot worse a little while ago. If you did not believe in witches you were a heretic or some form of demon masquerading as normal. If you were a woman you were automatically suspect of witchcraft and if you said you did not believe in witches - watch out for any man who wanted to jump your bones saying you were a witch. So you were simply living between the proverbial rock and a hard place. Women are still stoned to death for sexual misconduct in Greece. It is OK for her husband to run around but not the woman. The Gett in Jewish culture still maintains shunning or ostracizing for keeping a woman in her place. Sorry, but the issue has not gone away and schools are not allowed to address the issues of Family Violence. I am also willing to debate that point if any teacher wants to tell me about what they are allowed to address - it is not the whole issue and schools have to concern themselves with lawsuits by teacher pedophiles too. Are practitioners of Black Magic like Crowley, Hubbard, Catholic exorcists and many others who do demon work actually insane?

http://www.cmf.org.uk/publications/c...article&id=619

From the above.

In order to answer some of these questions, we need to turn to the New Testament accounts of demonisation. Jesus clearly cast evil spirits out of many people who He met (Mt 4:24, 8:16; Mk 1:32, 4:41). However, we are told about 6 cases in some detail:
    •The demon possessed Gerasene(s): Mt 8:28-34; Mk 5:2-20; Lk 8: 26-39
    •A demon possessed mute man: Mt 9:32-34; Lk 11:14-26
    •A demon possessed blind and mute man: Mt 12:22-28
    •The Canaanite or Syro-Phoenecian woman's daughter: Mt 15:22-28; Mk 7:25-30
    •An epileptic boy: Mt 17:15 -21; Mk 9:14-2 9; Lk 9:3 8-43
    •The man in the synagogue at Capernaum: Mk 1:21-28; Lk 4:33-36
    From these accounts. we may see that there is a diversity in the presentation of demon possession. The demon possessed Gerasene showed enormous strength, cried out loudly, engaged in deliberate self-harm, and immediately recognised Jesus as the Son of God. Others were mute, or blind and mute, or epileptic. We must, therefore, be wary of imagining that there are invariable and characteristic signs or symptoms of demonisation. We must also, apparently, look out for demonic influence in the neurology clinic as well as in the psychiatric clinic. Clearly, differential diagnosis along traditional medical lines is going to be a very difficult if not futile exercise, even if we accept the Biblical accounts as providing a comprehensive picture of the different possible presentations. In fact, it would appear more reasonable to argue that the Biblical presentations are so diverse that they probably represent just a small proportion of the full spectrum of possibilities. It would seem, therefore, that the exercise of a spiritual gift (1 Cor 12: 10) would be likely to be more useful than the application of medical knowledge when a person is demon possessed, although a knowledge of psychiatric illness is undoubtedly of value in continuing the diagnosis of a psychiatric illness when one is present.

The relationship between demonisation and mental illness

Why, then, is psychiatry particularly thought of as being the area of medicine in which demon possession is most likely to be encountered? It is true that behavioural disturbance, and deliberate self harm, such as that presented by the Gerasene, might also accompany psychiatric disorder. In fact, the range of possible differential diagnoses in this case is probably quite wide. In the other Biblical cases, loss of sight or hearing, and epilepsy, could all have an hysterical basis rather than being due to a neurological diagnosis. Roy Clements has also suggested that the voices reported as those of demons might be the alter-egos of multiple personality disorder. (It is worth noting, though, that this is a contentious diagnosis, which is rarely made in the UK at the present time). However, there are no scriptural accounts of demonisation which sound particularly like schizophrenia as we see it today. Furthermore, there is every reason to believe that most prevalent psychiatric disorders may have more to do with environmental stress, psychological or biological vulnerability, and social deprivation rather than the influence of evil spirits.
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-24-2015 at 04:31 AM.

Our modern preservatives and other pollutants like yellow dye no. 5 have caused bodily responses which detract or impair the natural process of our system. It is a serious issue that science may argue about while we all suffer major impacts. One of the hardest things to measure or gauge is the impact on the soul and brain through hormonal and thalami responses which we touched upon in the Third Eye/Thalami research. Some competent doctors claim a correlation with mental illnesses as the histamines generated to respond to foreign agents cause inflammations in body tissues. Does this chemical interplay between the body and the environment affect all of our 'temple' in the physical body? We think it does and we are concerned about genetic transference and mutational activity as well.

"In 'Allergic to the Twentieth Century', popular science-writer Peter Radetsky investigates the shocking increase in illnesses caused by our chemically saturated environment:

*An estimated 37.5 million {U.S.} people experience physical reactions to new paint, detergents" perfumes, and myriad other common products

*More than 100,000 veterans have registered as sufferers of Gulf War syndrome

*Untold thousands suffer from sick building syndrome

*And severe cases of multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS) - a debilitating disease that makes living with almost any chemical product an impossibility - are on the rise

Using startling case histories and up-to-the-minute science {1997}, Radetsky investigates the sufferers, the skeptics, and the scientists who wage the fight against environmental allergies--{Without addressing controversial chemicals prescribed for kids - Ritalin has recently been shown to cause heart disease along with all its other negatives.} a controversial disease that may very soon affect us all." (32)

He doesn't deal with a very positive treatment for allergies that we cover under the yeast heading. That is a continuing mystery to me, why not allow 80% of allergy sufferers to benefit from cheap natural healing that yeast de-sensitization treatment allows for all allergies (perhaps not sick building, and Gulf War Syndrome, which may be more than allergies).

Depression

The 'experts' have tried to evaluate me as a sufferer of this but found no such evidence or behavior. The same was true for all other mental or medical conditions, so they think 'witch' covers my condition in life; because I refuse to participate in the materially managed environment any more. We will not explore the horrors of the current forms of Inquisition in great detail in this book as it relates to me. That would definitely be too serious and intense, as I would explain society's role in tortures such as I witnessed all around me every day. Drs Breggin and Cohen call it (appropriately) 'pharmacological lobotomies'. ECT is even more disgusting and joins Ritalin in a campaign which social forces are developing in this control paradigm. It seems relevant to point out enough of the matter of my experience so that you will know you are getting it pretty close to what they say when they use the phrase 'the horses mouth'. Even the pharmacological and psychiatric conglomerate acknowledges the physical elements of depression. Some are cluing in to nutrition and massage or simple caring. The effects of education and alienation are massive, but bad parenting and the lack of enabling nutritive support in early life establish character and behavior traits that stubbornly resist real therapeutic methods. These obsessions often are far too time-consuming for high-paid 'professionals' to offer assistance - so we just drug and deceive! This medical model` as some call it makes a great deal of money and keeps the public at large thinking something humane is going on in the life of the care-givers and victims of a society without true spiritual awareness and far too little compassion. The buzz words and catchy phrases like informed consent are not anything more than deceit, as they still give lobotomies. In one case they did it without informing the person who just died in 2005.

Francis Mark Mondimore writes a book called 'Depression, The Mood Disease' updated in 1993 by Johns Hopkins University that presents the lies of this machine that Ivan Illich (in 'Limits To Medicine') identified as mechanistic and over-professionalized' in the mid 70s. Here is the overstatement of the century from its inside flap:

"The revised 'Depression, the Mood Disease' tells readers exactly what they need to know about the causes, symptoms, and treatment of depression: *How antidepressant drugs were discovered, how they work, and with what side effects. {I'm biting my tongue!} *What Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) and panic attacks are, and how they are treated. *How electro-convulsive therapy has changed for the better--and why it now works for up to 90% of those treated. {And all the professions involved in continuing to provide this fearsome horror that is necessary to repeat as it continues frying brain cells. Now randomly due to a drug cocktail, so that people's libido and zest is burned out too.} *How the special problems of depression in children and older persons are handled. *How to deal with a depressed friend or family member. *How such disorders as hormonal imbalance and even lead poisoning can 'mimic' the symptoms of depression. *Why depression is sometimes misdiagnosed as 'PMS', drug abuse, or Alzheimer's disease..." (2)

The future holds promises and terrors galore in the application of 'easy' answers like drugs developed for specific genetic make-ups and nanites to monitor and deliver targeted drugs or shocks to the system in order to make us behave as we should. The ever-increasing 'big brother' that allows the growth industries associated with the management of people will lead to full employment if we allow it to continue down the current path. There will only be one benefit as the unemployable grow in number and the employment roles show full employment. The statistics will show the economy is productive and there is little unemployment or reason to worry about an economic depression.
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-24-2015 at 04:44 AM.

Note the pine bark treatment at the bottom of this article by an MD.

The increased diagnosis of ADD or ADHD is a direct result of government funding to benefit the drug companies and avoid responsibility for making education interesting or what I call a Joy of Learning. Rather than give you another rant of mine on the matter of Ritalin I will give you a good doctor's thoughts on the matter.

Dear Health Conscious Reader,

A new study reveals that healthy kids who take Ritalin have a whopping 500 percent greater risk of sudden death. These aren’t kids with pre-existing heart conditions. The results would have been worse if they were included.

Here’s proof that what you’ve been told for decades – that Ritalin is safe for kids – couldn’t be further from the truth.

Ritalin is a stimulant. It causes the heart to beat faster. And that can lead to sudden cardiac arrest. Ritalin acts exactly like amphetamines such as crystal meth and cocaine.

In spite of evidence that it could stunt their growth1, and cause irreversible brain damage2 and that it is linked to serious cardiovascular events, the FDA remains silent.

Still, the FDA refuses to take action. No new warnings are planned and prescriptions for Ritalin continue to spiral upward.

Objections to the FDA’s sluggishness are even starting to appear in conservative medical journals like JAMA, the Journal of the American Medical Association. In a recent editorial, they criticized the FDA by saying the FDA is “interpreting the results cautiously.”

Plus, JAMA notes that the FDA funded and approved the design of the study. Only when the results came out did they have a problem with the design of the study. I guess the FDA didn’t like the results their own design produced.

This is the big point for all of us: Doctors hand out Ritalin prescriptions every day. And too often you aren’t told of the dangers.

ADHD is still the most commonly diagnosed disorder in children.

What’s more, studies show that the drugs don’t work. The same study that found Ritalin stunts kids’ growth also found that it has no beneficial effect on behavior over a three-year period.

So what do you do for children who have trouble concentrating, focusing, or calming down? Here are a few easy, safe, and natural ways to bring kids “to attention” without endangering their mental and physical health.

1. Ramp up the amount of omega-3 in their diet. Studies show that many children with ADHD don’t get enough omega-3. Cod liver oil and fish-oil capsules deliver the two kinds of omega-3s the body needs.

You can also get them to eat more lean meats, eggs, and nuts, preferably free-range, grass-fed and organic. These are all great sources of omega-3. I recommend 1,000 mg of omega-3s daily.

2. Pine bark extract is another natural supplement that works. One European study using pycnogenol, an organic compound found in the bark of the French maritime pine tree, showed that after only one month, children’s behavior improved significantly on as little as 1 mg per day.3

3. Finally, certain naturally occurring amino acids can treat ADHD.

One of them is 5-HTP. It’s a precursor to serotonin, one of the chemicals in the brain that relieves anxiety and depression (popular antidepressants like Prozac, Zoloft, and Lexapro all boost serotonin levels). I recommend 50 to 100 mg three times per day with meals.

Another is tyrosine. It works like 5-HTP, increasing levels of various chemicals in the brain connected to mood and the ability to concentrate. The optimal dose is 5,000 mg per day for children and up to 10,000 mg per day for adults.

These are natural and safe alternatives that I use in my medical practice every day. They aren’t harmful or addictive, and unlike all those ADHD drugs, they actually work. They are easy to find at health food stores.

To Your Good Health,

Al Sears, MD
    1.Jensen et al, “3-Year Follow-up of the NIMH MTA Study.” Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry. 2007. 46(8):989-1002.
    2. Gray et al, “Methylphenidate Administration to Juvenile Rats Alters Brain Areas Involved in Cognition, Motivated Behaviors, Appetite, and Stress,” Journal of Neuroscience, 2007, 27(27):7196-7207.
    3. Trebatická et al, “Treatment of ADHD with French maritime pine bark extract, Pycnogenol.” European Child and Adolescent
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-24-2015 at 04:52 AM.

From a friend named Colin we have.

"The AMA would have you believe that Since 1847 the "American Medical Association has promoted scientific advancement, improved public health, and invested in the doctor and patient relationship."

Garbage!

Between 1998 and 2011, the AMA spent $264 million on lobbyists, second only to the American Chamber of Commerce.

The medical profession has a long history of opposing alternative healing professions. While always claiming public safety as its reasons for the attacks, the true reasons involve protecting their monopoly of the health care market.

In the U.S. Court of Appeals in February 1983, Judge Susan Getzendanner found the AMA and others guilty of an illegal conspiracy against the chiropractic profession, and on September of 1987 ordered a permeate (Is this permanent?) injunction against the AMA forcing them to print the courts findings in the Journal of the American Medical Association. Several other of the defendants settled out of court helping to pay for the chiropractors legal expenses and donating to a chiropractic non-profit home for disabled children, Kentuckiana Children's Center.

Profession and Monopoly, a book published in 1975, is critical of the AMA for limiting the supply of physicians and inflating the cost of medical care in the United States. The book claims that physician supply is kept low by the AMA to ensure high pay for practicing physicians.

In the 1930s, the AMA attempted to prohibit its members from working for the primitive health maintenance organizations that sprung up during the Great Depression. The AMA's subsequent conviction for violating the Sherman Antitrust Act was affirmed by the U.S. Supreme Court.

The AMA supported the War on Drugs, providing a medical excuse to clamp down on marijuana-use in the 90s. {Still a major cause of social unrest, costs and even police abuse of informants. The FBI is still sick - like J. Edgar.}

The AMA has given high priority to supporting changes in medical malpractice law to limit damage awards, which, it contends, makes it difficult for patients to find appropriate medical care. "
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-24-2015 at 04:59 AM.

If you have almost any medical problem you can find useful and helpful avenues including chiropractors, nutritionists, reflexologists, acupuncturists, iridologists and environmental medical practitioners who won't be covered by insurance in most cases. Here is a good doctor offering answers more than creating further problems.

http://www.drbuscher.net/allergies.php

Allergies

The wide spectrum and variety of symptoms caused by allergies are often unrecognized by patients and their physicians. Identifying and treating underlying allergies is one of the major approaches we use at this clinic to solve health problems.

The immune system's main role is to protect our body from infections and cancer, but sometimes it overreacts to what is typically a harmless substance. This overreaction is known as an allergic reaction. Common airborne allergens include pollens, dust, dust mite, mold, animal dander. The classic example of airborne allergy is hay fever, which produces symptoms such as sneezing, nasal congestion, itchy eyes and asthma in response to pollens.

Allergy symptoms are known to be mediated by the release of histamine. Allergic reactions also release numerous other inflammatory mediators besides histamine. Allergic reactions are best described as inflammatory in nature, which can adversely affect any organ system in our body, for example:
    •Inflammation in the nose causes congestion
    •Lung inflammation triggers asthma
    •Gastrointestinal inflammation-"irritable bowel syndrome"
    •Joints and muscle inflammation-arthritis and myalgia, fibromyalgia
    •Brain-mental fogginess, memory impairment, mood swings, depression

Long-term untreated inflammation can lead to chronic disease, which is one of the reasons why identifying, avoiding and treating allergies is important. Cardiovascular disease has been clearly recognized as having a major inflammatory component.

So from both a health improvement and disease prevention viewpoint, allergy evaluation, identification and treatment can be extremely beneficial."

Oh yes, "The Amazing" denial of reality as those in cahoots look away from fact and declare others are idiots. The reason no one has "walked away with" Randi's money which others put up, is he has refused to admit he lies about really wanting proof. When actual proof was supplied in a newspaper control environment Randi whined, but I was not involved or supplied any advance notice. He does not respond to all those who challenge him and thus is ensured he won't get egg on his face. When all is said and done he is what he is - a magician of the phoney sort. His challenge is a legally proven fraud. He is no scientist and has to hang out with a "know-nothing scientist" (Kaku's words) like Shermer. They have made a sh*tload of money together.

http://blogs.mcgill.ca/science/2010/...bending-minds/

McGill is a good place with lots of good doctors despite having a history of the worst sort in their Douglas Institute which worked with the CIA in proven MKUltra ops abusing mental patients. The epigenetics field will achieve acceptance soon but Randi and others who never learned to observe the scientific method will still be heard whining about their "Amazing" egos. You might think General Tommy Franks was wrong about Feith http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_J._Feith or that the same words he used do not apply to Randi and Shermer. You might wonder why I include this under the McGill and Douglas Institute commentary. But consider what US Policy Dept officials working for CIA Presidents have to do with how people's opinions are formed (though uninformed).

This blog is well worth reading.

http://www.abeforum.com/archive/index.php/t-14556.html
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-24-2015 at 05:05 AM.

The only real quackery is when someone says they have scientific and rigorous testing to support what they say - as they deny what actually works. Science always proves what works is right or that science is not real and you will find a lobby group behind it. Do you remember the tobacco company scientists? How about those universities saying our junk DNA has Aramaic tracts of the Bible, like Robert Jones University? Yes, there are cancer treatments in herbalism and homeopathy which work and science has proven it.

https://books.google.ca/books?id=zBQ...ery%22&f=false

The extent of lies by academia and journalists in the employ of drug companies is a verdant jungle of the most egregious proportions. Children are taken away from parents even after the court decides the child is capable of making sound decisions and doesn't think having it's leg chopped off and being treated with chemo will work. The child died and no investigation or criminal charges were laid. At the same time the court case was going on in Canada's prairies there was a doctor in Illinois at a University being shown on Arts and Entertainment network who had used Chinese herbal remedies with a woman who had 15 different areas where cancer was metastasizing. He used chemo but the use of herbs helped her keep her hair and appetite as well as a positive attitude. She was in remission from all the cancers including brain cancer.

My 'twin' was a doctor of psychology and 15 years before I met her (born the same day as me but one full astrological cycle older) she had been told her leukemia was beyond a hospital's ability to cure and she would be dead in two weeks. She did not have her doctorate at that juncture but went to China and studied the use of herbs in schizophrenia as her doctoral thesis. On her return to the US she was part of the team that developed a treatment and drugs to restore schizophrenics and their brains which suffered the metabolic issues and uptakes of nutrition which lead to a smaller brain size. Only .6% of schizophrenics have a normal brain size. The following book says there is no homeopathic contraceptive and yet medical astrology was used in modern times for both contraception and fertility issues. It was better than 'rubbers'.

This 'piece' of something foul and filthy says reflexology has no value in serious surgery and yet acupuncture is used as an alternative to anaesthesiology by druggies in hospitals. I have so many stories about the so-called care giving profession I have made a book detailing the corruption and abuse. Try reading Stopping Valium. It is a small book and if you don't feel like voting to ban the medical profession from all forms of marketing their lies, after reading it; I'll be happy to give you something that proctologists do.

https://books.google.ca/books?id=Ib_...ery%22&f=false
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-24-2015 at 05:12 AM.