Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Origin of Christianity

There are many good books available in the market today - to learn about Jesus - both the title and the person a lot of myths were built around. I found John Dominic Crossan of De Paul University to be a fair read and decent analysis. There are a lot of Rabbinical scholars who have written books, Silver, Maccoby and Eisenmann come to mind. Better still are books like The Book of J and Gospel of Thomas by Harold Bloom. Bloom's work includes esoteric understandings that people in the family of Solomon and Melchizedek have studied for many millennia.

"Most antiquities scholars think that the New Testament gospels are “mythologized history.” In other words, they think that around the start of the first century a controversial Jewish rabbi named Yeshua ben Yosef gathered a following and his life and teachings provided the seed that grew into Christianity.

At the same time, these scholars acknowledge that many Bible stories like the virgin birth, miracles, resurrection, and women at the tomb borrow and rework mythic themes that were common in the Ancient Near East, much the way that screenwriters base new movies on old familiar tropes or plot elements. In this view, a “historical Jesus” became mythologized."

http://www.rawstory.com/2014/08/did-...dont-think-so/

If Christians actually followed what Yeshua, Thomas and James taught they would be following the Merovingian secret knowledge. Made secret mostly due to the effort it takes to actually learn. That is not to say that Sol (sun) o - Mon (Moon) and his forbears did not occasionally take advantage of their knowledge of Astrology, alchemy, the Pentagon Dodecahedron, origins of alphabets and many more things. The sun and moon are extremely important parts of Heliopolitan knowledge systems going so far back in time that I can honestly say Atlantis came hundreds of thousands of years after it was learned.

The three main pyramids were not built by the people we are told built them as Mr. Temple says. Those pharaohs (If they were such a thing) usurped the pyramids to aggrandize themselves as almost every pharaohs (grave robber) did after them. The Great Pyramid of Iesa had not a miniscule molecule of human remains according to the American Research Center in Egypt who sent as much interior dust and such as they could find to Zurich to be tested in a Mass accelerator.

I quote Temple herewith.

"This is the ‘mini-king list’ of a succession of pharaohs of the 4th Dynasty found carved on a cliff at Wadi Hammamat in the Eastern Desert of Egypt, between the Nile and the Red Sea. The kings’ names go from right to left in historical sequence, and there are five of them, each in a royal cartouche. The first one, with the little chick, broken at the top, is the name of King Khufu, better known to us as King Cheops (the Greek version of his name). Next, to the left of him, is the name of King Radjedef, who is these days generally known as Djedefre. He was the first known pharaoh to incorporate the name of the sun god, Ra or Re, in his name. It is symbolised by the solar disc at the top, and the succeeding pharaohs to the left of him all used it as well. To the left of him is King Raqaf, these days generally known amongst Egyptologists as Khafre, and to the ordinary person as Chephren (the Greek version of his name). Egyptologists disagree amongst themselves as to whether the ‘Ra’ or ‘Re’ should really pronounced at the beginning of the name, as it is written, or whether it was only written there out of respect, and should really be pronounced at the end. The next king to the left is King Ra-Hordjedef, and the last on the left is King Ra-Biuf, or Biufre (the Greek version of his name being Bikheris). This important early list of kings was first discovered in 1949 by Fernand Debono. This list emphasises the fact that a little-known pharaoh intervened in the succession between Cheops and Chephren, and that two other pharaohs who are even less well known intervened between Chephren and Mycerinus, who is not even mentioned here. This evidence is awkward for those who advocate the theory that the three main pyramids of Giza were built by three kings in succession as their tombs, namely Cheops, Chephren, and Mycerinus. (from Etienne Drioton, ‘Une Liste de Rois de la IV Dynastie dans l’Ouadi Hammamat’, Bulletin de la Société Français d’Égyptologie, Number 16, October 1954, pp. 41-9.)"

And although we know we have been conscious and civilized for millions of years more than we were taught when I went to school we still have the Bible Narrative history being force fed to us, and our laws are still derived from the era of scholastic feudal tyranny. That era is longer than the ages we call DARK. I am a student of the paranormal and parapsychology but damned if I can figure out why this denial continues.

http://www.philipcoppens.com/cavepaintings.html
    Last edited by R_Baird; 03-04-2016 at 12:09 AM.

When one considers the fullness of Hindu and Christian origins after one gets past the lies of history and Empires built upon those lies one will see the same people from the same regions of earth and same organizing families had close contact or were in league with each other. I proposed this in my over-reaching attempt to integrate (As all alchemy must strive for) all religions in a book titled Diverse Druids.

Mr. Johnson tackles a huge task in his comparison and elucidation of Jung and the great intellectual Indian man who lived alongside him in time if not in place - Sri Aurobindo. In it he tackles Western traditions such as Hellenic philosophy and Plato as well as Aristotle's influence on Christianity. I enjoy seeing these influences expressed even though a fuller understanding would show Christians who truly follow in the footsteps of Christ are in fact alchemists just like Plato and Aristotle. And that Christianity was around long before Plato or even Abaris (Rabbi) the Druid. It was honored in the Great Pyramid of Iesa and the hole of the plain of Giza with the feminine Sphinx alongside the masculine Pyramid.

I guess you also could say I take extreme umbrage with any attempt to gloss over the fact that Christianity owes nothing to Paul as an intellectual and only as regards to Paul the Roman agent and assassin. He is no longer credited with having written Acts in the Bible and anything he ever did 'for' Christianity was in truth done against Christianity. Pauline Christianity is Romanism and Popery and many sects of Christendom have intuited this or even expressed it, but will they ever know it and why it must change?

[DOC]JUNG AND SRI AUROBINDO:

www3.telus.net/gusbear4/.../JUNG_AND_SRI_AUROBINDO_COMP.D...

by D Johnston - ‎Related articles
    In Jung's case, the feminine principle of Eros is particularly evident in his study of alchemy whereas, in the case of Sri Aurobindo, one can see it in his high ...

And Jung, the father of modern psychoanalysis and depth psychology is almost supplanted by Sri Aurobindo, in a book called Alchemy of the Soul by Arya Maloney.

"This book depicts the ever-widening circle of an evolutionary psychology which views the soul rather than the ego as the epi-center of human experience. The reader can observe this experience directly. Within the context of the author's therapeutic practice, trauma converges with the transpersonal.

The force that propels this work and redefines the boundaries of depth psychology is the Integral Psychology of the great mystic/philosopher, Sri Aurobindo. This ever-widening, yet clearly defined psycho-spiritual realm incorporates the fullness of the human psyche without ignoring the occult or cosmic. Beyond the theoretical, this book opens the office door as client and clinician experience the soul's alchemy."

http://www.bluedolphinpublishing.com/Alchemy.html
    Last edited by R_Baird; 01-09-2016 at 10:47 PM.

And now I will finally say where Abrahamic myths originate and give a far older date for the Phoenician literary legacy which Professor Albright of John's Hopkins (Father of Biblical Archaeology) says the Bible is.

"Conor Newman, an archaeology lecturer at the National University of Ireland at Galway, located the subterranean temple of Tara. Since 1992, Newman has been working on the Hill of Tara preparing a survey of the area for the state-funded Discovery Program. He found the Tara monument using an underground radar device. It fills a very important place in the jigsaw because it allows us to make sense of the distribution of other monuments all around it, says Newman.1

The Discovery Program, set up under the auspices of the Heritage Council, carried out a survey of the Hill of Tara between 1992 and 1996 when Mr. Newman was director.

When Mr. Newman moved to Galway he continued to be involved in the project. Using sophistic ated technology, he and his team of experts mapped what was underground. Like Theseus, they seek the secrets of the labyrinth-dwelling Mino-Taur, the King of Tara. The work is slow and tedious, because it has yielded such a huge amount of information.

What they uncovered eventually at the crown of the hill was a huge, oval-shaped monument measuring about 170 meters at its widest point. Around it are 300 postholes measuring two meters wide. Evidence indicates this `Crown' (tiara) of Tara was constructed through an enormous effort. 300 towering oak posts once surrounded the hill.

We think it probably dates from 2500 to 2300 BC and still had a big physical presence even after the posts were taken out or rotted, Mr. Newman said.2

This is the approximate time of Abraham, the son of Terah who became the patriarch of Judaism, Christianity and Islam (the three religions at the root of the holy War on Terror).

His Oaks of Mamre were well known and long revered .3 Credible evidence of them has never been discovered in the Holy Land. However, in Ireland clear evidence is found at Tara.

Legend says Abraham's oaks existed from the beginning of the world, and used to be green and bear leaves until his descendent Jesus died, when it and all sacred oaks were cut down.

Jesus (called Pan-Tara, `god of Tara') is known in ancient Irish history as Iessa, a name derived from I.A. or E.A. (pronounced Eye-a), the Sumerian creator god who was portrayed wearing a fish suit. Lord Melchizedek, the Pope-king of Jerusalem (Ire-u-salem) and forerunner of Christ who initiated Abraham and his wife, Sarah,4 is equated with E.A. The Irish called him the sun god Fin (an Irish name for the Sun), a pun on fish. The Irish are called the Children of the Sun, because in Egypt Ra, the Ray or the Ra-Eye is the Sun. Ra's symbol is an eye. Hence, the term Iris or Irish.

Fin (E.A.) presided over the Tara assembly, as a Druid in strangely flowered garments, and with a double-pointed head-dress and bearing in his hand a book. His two-headed miter of fishy form, his upright rod, spotted or checkered garment and basket in hand, are symbols that align him with E.A. His column (i, eye) or pillar of Tara is remembered as the Tree of Life of numerous traditions. (1)

My continuing research includes the clandestine associations of John Toland and various English Lords in control of Ireland. They include a Lord Southwell whose family had possession of certain Irish books that the English would not allow the Irish to possess or read. It appears he was able to wend a story about a time when Gaul was more important than Ireland and represent Ireland as a serfdom thereof, in his book The History of the Druids. Toland came to this effort that included various Royal Society and Ashmolean Museum members of the Rosicrucian fraternity with a special expertise in Hebrew and Irish linguistic studies. This in itself is interesting due to the connection of their Phoenician similarities and roots. The fact that he begins his book with reference to the most important personage named Abaris the Druid or Hyperborean is most relevant. I have discovered Abaris can be translated as Rabbi and I believe his sun worship credentials noted by Toland are entirely important to the Luciferian or Ostrogothic people whose nobles have ruled so much of this world for all of recent history. (2)

The Gaels or Gaedhils are the Milesians like ML-chhi-zadok and Brian Boru who the Kennedy family trace their roots to. Thus one can honestly say Camelot in Massachusetts is as real as the one in Glastonbury or Lyoness. They include Columbanus and Columcille (St. Columba) if you look under Gaedhil at Wikipedia. Thank god we have DNA now - it was a lot harder to prove my history and that of MacDari (The Masonic linguist whose book Irish Wisdom I spent twenty years researching after given the task to re-write it by my Ogham mentor.) before DNA. Due to the destruction of books and efforts to deny the truth of earlier culture called Atlantean by some, I had to scour every science and technology. The likes of Fin and his Fianna turned into real people as the years went by and other scholars were finding out that the Phoenicians are what we might call Atlanteans just as Plato did. Along the way I learned why I was selected - my last name is more than merely a Bard or Druid, and I am named after the man who reformed the Templars as the Societas Rosicruciana en Anglia. The Hibernians of Robert de Bruges and Royal Society of the Stuart (Hatti and Hittite) Kings and Newton et al. My father had a lot of knowledge and a few legends of our family but it took far more to accept my burden than mere wive's tales.

"In their own national epic contained within medieval works such as the Lebor Gabála Érenn, the Gaels trace the origin of their people to an eponymous ancestor named Goídel Glas. He is described as a Scythian prince (the grandson of Fénius Farsaid), who is credited within creating the Gaelic languages. Goídel's mother is called Scota, described as an Egyptian princess (some modern writers associate her with Meritaten). The Gaels are depicted as wandering from place to place for hundreds of years; they spend time in Egypt, Crete, Scythia, the Caspian Sea and Getulia, before arriving in Iberia. It is here that their king, Breogán, is said to have founded Galicia.

The Gaels are then said to have sailed to Ireland via Galicia in the form of the Milesians, sons of Míl Espáine. The Gaels fight a battle of sorcery with the Tuatha Dé Danann, the gods, who inhabited Ireland at the time. Ériu, a goddess of the land, promises the Gaels that Ireland shall be theirs so long as they give tribute to her. They agree, and their bard Amergin recites an incantation known as the Song of Amergin. The two groups agree to divide Ireland between them: the Gaels take the world above, while the Tuath Dé take the world below (i.e. the Otherworld).

Advances in DNA studies have revealed some clues about the origin of the Gaels (who are associated with paternal R-L21).[31] Haplogroup R originated 26,800 years ago in Central Asia during the Last Ice Age. The R1b branch had broken off by the Paleolithic and it's derivative R-M269 was found at the Pontic-Caspian steppe by the Chalcolithic (the Kurgan hypothesis makes these speakers of Proto-Indo-European).[31] First entering Europe proper 7,000 years ago, the Indo-Europeans developed bronze weapons and domesticated the horse, giving them the upper-hand in their conquest of the Old Europe and the proliferation of their lineages.[31] After the R-L51 subclade founded the Unetice culture, a derivative R-L21 moved West arriving in Britain c. 2100 BCE and Ireland c. 2000 BCE, becoming the Gaelic people.[31]"
    Last edited by R_Baird; 01-09-2016 at 10:54 PM.

This site (W-M) is rife with theories of alien intervention borne from the lies of religious interpreters whose power was (and is) enhanced by myths of aliens. We do not have to wonder how it was that stupid humans bought such trash long ago - we have evidence galore right here.

http://truedemocracyparty.net/2013/1...aliens-period/

As to the nature of Illuminati stealing or misappropriating symbols - garbage! The en-lightened ones created them long ago. They are still part of our society and they try to manage the world to become what it can be - better. Yes, they are often faced with difficult decisions because people will not study and bureaucrats or priesthoods are corrupt and worse.

"It is also very interesting to note that the drawing of the Eye of Horus very much matches the cross section of the mid brain where the thalamus, the pineal and pituitary glands are situated. The pineal gland is often said to be the “third eye” and a centre of spirituality and of spiritual insight, which can be developed in a person.

It’s as if the Eye of Horus could be a depiction of the thalamus as the eye ball with the corpus callosum the eye brow above and the medulla oblongata (brain stem) and the hypothalamus being the two markings below. If this is what they were drawing but calling it the Eye of Horus, does it suggest they considered the mid brain to be the seat of consciousness or even of divine consciousness or “Horus consciousness”? Horus being a sun god and symbolic of the universal Christ, a spiritual force which a suitably prepared person can merge with."

http://consciousreporter.com/spiritu...ll-seeing-eye/

In this link to a book addressing gnosis and apocryphal books we have an Appendix with many things which give insight to prior beliefs upon which much has been built into Christianity. The Romans did not have far to go in creating new myths all they had to do was take the extreme nonsense of less than sane practitioners of many systems. They could have chosen better things but they needed people to live in fear, and to pay them money for protecting their souls.

https://books.google.ca/books?id=swL...tic%22&f=false

Jefferson had many issues but he is still one of the best people mankind has raised above the average illiterate and un-questioning hoi polloi.

I draw your attention to his words "blood thirsty".

Jefferson - “If we could believe that he [Jesus] really countenanced the follies, the falsehoods, and the charlatanism which his biographers [Gospels] father on him, and admit the misconstructions, interpolations, and theorizations of the fathers of the early, and the fanatics of the latter ages, the conclusion would be irresistible by every sound mind that he was an impostor... We find in the writings of his biographers matter of two distinct descriptions. First, a groundwork of vulgar ignorance, of things impossible, of superstitions, fanaticisms and fabrications... That sect [Jews] had presented for the object of their worship, a being of terrific character, cruel, vindictive, capricious and unjust... Jesus had to walk on the perilous confines of reason and religion: and a step to right or left might place him within the gripe of the priests of the superstition, a blood thirsty race, as cruel and remorseless as the being whom they represented as the family God of Abraham, of Isaac and of Jacob, and the local God of Israel. They were constantly laying snares, too, to entangle him in the web of the law... That Jesus did not mean to impose himself on mankind as the son of God, physically speaking, I have been convinced by the writings of men more learned than myself in that lore.

[Letter to William Short, 4 August, 1820]”

I suspect this Short is the son or grandson of a man who was sent from England to teach him Newton's alchemy for one year when Thomas was at William and Mary.

Ingersoll -
    “Not one of the orthodox ministers dare preach what he thinks if he knows a majority of his congregation think otherwise. He knows that every member of his church stands guard over his brain with a creed, like a club, in his hand. He knows that he is not expected to search after the truth, but that he is employed to defend the creed. Every pulpit is a pillory, in which stands a hired culprit, defending the justice of his own imprisonment.”
    The Phoenicians are the people who we know as Philistines and others who colonized the Mediterranean. They are called the Sea People in some accounts or Danaus by Homer, and keltoi as well. The idea that there was a Cradle of Civilization in some Holy Land some time around the time Sumer had cuneiform tally system script is what still passes for history. It is all BS! When we go back to at least a half million years of civilization we will start to get rid of so many archaic ideas and take greater pride in what all races have contributed to what WE are.

-"The excavations of Thomas W. Jacobsen at the Franchithi Cave on the Bay of Argos... by 13,000 - 11,000 B.C. and that the cultivation of hybrid grains, the domestication of animals, and organized community tuna hunts had already begun." (Britannica) Yet there are those who say we couldn't travel the ocean when obsidian had to be brought from a distance, at this time. They like to intimate we couldn't travel the oceans for a reason when they say (NY Public Library's Chronicles) the earliest recorded sea travel was in 2600 BC to Lebanon.
    Last edited by R_Baird; 02-15-2016 at 03:35 PM.

Would it surprise you if there was an elite family in Macedonia who also gave a son to Romans (other than Polybius who was in the house of Scipio - very important in the demise of Carthage) and made Empire beholding only to a family or three rather than SPQR or having to share the spoils with mere citizens? I refer to Julius Caesar and other names like Czar, Kaiser etc., in later eras. Yes, there were such families including that of Joseph of Arimathaea and the Ptolemies who Alexander put in charge of Egypt where another important city and Library of Knowledge bore his name. These families owned mines all over the world, and the Ptolemies once owned 20% of the Old World too. Joseph was the Roman Minister of Mines and he sat on the Sanhedrin over-seeing what happened to his son-in-law Yeshua (Jesus). Alexander declared himself a god and Julius did almost the same. Alexander was considered the Messiah or was as important to new religions until the seventh century AD. That religion is Roman Empire! Today we face another offshoot of that religion called Muslim, and who knows what is really going on?

"Alexandroupolis: Founded in 340 BC while Alexander was still a crown prince under his father Philip II, little else is known about this presumably short-lived settlement other than its location was likely near the modern Bulgarian city of Sandanski in the extreme southwest of the country.

Alexandria Troas: Originally founded in 334 BC, this city on the east Aegean coast did not receive the Alexandria name until 301 BC after being renamed by Alexander’s successor in the region, Lysimachus. The suffix ‘Troas’ refers to the Troad, the historical name of the Biga Peninsula in Turkey at the southwest end of the Sea of Marmara not far from Troy. A prominent city in its time perhaps as large as 100 000 residents, Alexandria Troas was refounded as a major Roman administration centre in 12 BC and was even a possible candidate for becoming the new capital of the Roman Empire under Constantine (he, of course, would choose Byzantium). The city remains a titular see of the Catholic Church but fell into decline in the medieval era. Much of the city’s ruins were plundered for building material. Among the ruins still visible there today are an old bath/gymnasium complex and an ancient stadium discovered in the 1970s but not unearthed until 2009."

Alexandria by the Latmus is also a Catholic See to this day, and I would expect many more such proofs of this sort are to be found. It was given back the name it had before it was conquered.

http://basementgeographer.com/the-ma...der-the-great/

Yes, indeed, a tangled web we weave!

And that web crosses cults from Christian or Islam and other myths as well. I am not sure the word Saint applies in Islam but clearly the historical kings are important prophets or fathers in it. The Alexander Romance or Ethiopic scriptures are more relevant to Islam it would appear. There is controversy over who is what character in the Qu'ran as we find en.wikipedia saying this. "Generally, commentators have been of the opinion that Dhul-Qarnayn is actually Alexander the Great. However, some characteristics of Dhul-Qarnain described in the Quran, it has been argued, are not applicable to the historical Alexander. The fact that the Alexander-as-Dhul-Qarnay theory actually refers to the semi-mythical Alexander described in the Alexander Romance makes the connection even more problematic for some Islamic scholars. In recent years some commentators are inclined to believe that Dhul-Qarnain was actually Cyrus The Great, an ancient king of Achaemenid Persia."
    Last edited by R_Baird; 02-09-2016 at 08:30 PM.

http://gnosis.org/naghamm/nhl.html

Stephan Hoeller has these words to say about extreme early polemicists like those employed by Rome. He also correctly characterizes those who seek to point fingers rather than study. He correctly points our the early authors which are often quoting the Gospels could not in all honesty really say Gnostics were heretical because there was no orthodoxy.

"The politicized view of Gnosticism continues to have its adherents, but these are increasingly recruited from the lunatic fringe. Gnostics are still represented as dangerous subversives in pulp magazines and obscure conspiracy pamphlets "exposing" Freemasons, Satanists, and other pests. Meanwhile, respectable conservative thinkers have dropped the Gnostic issue. Some, like scholar and former U.S. Senator S.I. Hayakawa, have subjected Voegelin and his theories to severe criticism and ridicule.

Traditionalist Difficulties

Another sometimes confusing voice comes from writers who are bent on proving that within the existing major religions a secret tradition of gnosis may be found which is not identical to the "heretical" Gnosticism of the early Christian centuries. In his 1947 work The Perennial Philosophy, Aldous Huxley promulgated a kind of gnosis that was in effect a mystery reserved for elites, revealed at the dawn of history and handed down through various religious traditions, where it still maintains itself in spite of its ostensible incompatibility with the official dogmas of those traditions. With this view, Huxley approximated the more radical position held by Traditionalists such as René Guénon and Frithjof Schuon.

Huxley, on the other hand, never passed judgment on anyone who called himself a Gnostic. One could only wish the same could be said of other Traditionalists. Followers of Guénon (who, born a Catholic, converted to Islam in a somewhat untraditional manner) often castigate the early Gnostic teachers in a manner reminiscent of the more extreme ancient polemicists like Irenaeus or Tertullian. The Traditionalists' division of Gnostic writers into "false Gnostics" and "authentic Gnostics" reflects standards that are nothing if not arbitrary; contemporary research indicates that during the first three of four centuries A.D. there was as yet no true orthodoxy and thus no heresy either. Instead, many opinions on religious matters, including gnosis, flourished side by side. Certainly there were disagreements, but to arbitrarily extrapolate standards of falsity and authenticity from these polemics does not seem justified."

What follows has many places where clicking on the embedded information will provide good food for thought. I will create a separate thread for this whole expose which includes an author I respect named Acharya S. She is a doctor of divinity with a sound questioning regimen.

https://edwardmd.wordpress.com/2013/...d-its-origins/

One of those links includes Semiramis where the immaculate conception myth originated. Note the word Perdurabo if you want to know just how much Crowley borrowed from his Christian roots.

http://perdurabo10.tripod.com/id563.html
    Last edited by R_Baird; 03-24-2016 at 05:39 AM.

It might be of interest to read a book from the middle of the 19th Century which has so much Bible Narrative that one who does not know the nature of propaganda should read it. I especially like the part where a prince of Nebuchadnezzar's era is thrown in jail and becomes the lover of the King of Judah who he does not let out of jail when he becomes king. I doubt the king concocted this story, who do you think would want to portray a Persian as heartless, homosexual and worse, as well as the Jews?

https://books.google.ca/books?id=A2Y...ans%22&f=false

Personally I do not know which myth is more enigmatic or unexplainable. Is it how people have been fed lies about some recent couple of humans in a rather unforgiving place who meet up with a god in some place, that this god rapes or otherwise forces his progeny upon the poor souls who are struggling to eat an apple of knowledge and get a grip on the snake - or that later we have this same book of begatting bringing forth new monsters from other planets we were not told existed until a few years ago. What flat earth or hollow earth kind of thinking is this? I guess I prefer the story in Enoch with those Elohim, because at least you can find some useful insight to your soul in it. Oh, I forgot it is censored.

If you need to spend time thinking about the complexities of these lies - there are ample ways for you to get brainwashed. People spend their lives studying how to get more converts to their cults. They use every means at their disposal - including nations and laws. You won't soon find these studious types carrying the gun or sword, they use their sword for more pleasant and safe pastimes. But if you believe them you can get the 72 virgins - if they leave any for you. As you read what is provided in the next link you should heed their warning about desecrating sacred words and letters, but it is OK for them to use you as sword or cannon fodder. Is the name a clue to some Bear (Bereishit) droppings? Here is what they say about how you must treat their asswipe.

"The text on this page contains sacred literature. Please do not deface or discard."

http://www.chabad.org/parshah/torahr...o/aid/7781/p/5

I find it especially repulsive that you can get a Ph. D. in Philosophy for addressing Augustine in a conventional manner.

He had been a follower of Mani and if he had not sold out we might never have been subjected to such deceit and terror. Mani wanted ecumenicism!

“For the thing itself which is now called the Christian religion, was known to the ancients, and was not wanting at any time from the beginning of the human race until the time that Christ came in the flesh, from whence the true religion, that had existed previously, began to be called Christian, and this in our day is the Christian religion, not as having been wanting in former times, but as having in later times received the name”. - Saint Augustine
    Last edited by R_Baird; 03-29-2016 at 05:12 AM.

More prattle with the brother who seeks Salvation due to bad acts he committed - many against myself and due to the money or manna god.

I guess I did the archetype Freudian slip on the Girard to Guenon thing .

I had just spent eight hours talking with a man who started out asserting some wrong he would not back up and continued to slip and slide on every topic he claimed expertise in.

His position on firewalking which he claims to have done and strongest logic was that fractals separate the foot from the lava and there is levitation involved. To which I said sacred geometry and galactic fractals are not connected and neither do I accept it to be levitation.

So Guenon is a philosopher in the Grail tradition involved in articles with Eliade and more the sort I study - archetypes and myth being almost one and the same when there were no languages. This being another of last night's tiring comments and getting to where he like Locke might even accept that no consciousness exists in animals. He did get the God and religion or DOG thing rather well.

Girard is the scapegoating origin in conflicts leading to religion you wrote something you had to put on a stick and it disappeared but might have in hard form and if it includes the understandings of mimetics (not mime but in the brain is a copy function somewhat)I think is wrapped into memetics or memes which symbols, myths, NLP (Chomsky developed and used by the CIA) - or depth psychology used in the ancient language schools written about by Mac Dari - I might find some interest.

Let me make it clear - I am not a person who accepts wishful thinking as REASON and there is an explanation in science for all things even though the more you know the further you are away from KNOWing anything for certain as Socrates made clear. I do not accept all Catholic Saints as mystics. Nor suicide as an act thereof as Simone Weil might have experienced - though mystical fasting such as she did will result in experience which can be confirmed as a tap in or mystical experience - perhaps similar to hallucinations.

I do not believe she said she was a good historian but I quoted her from A Letter to the Priest making it clear she knew cultures galore prior to the Roman usurpation of a cultus you seem to favor, were well aware - and I recently found Augustine saying much the same. I differ greatly from your Unitarian interpretations though I prefer them as closer to pre-Roman as Arias argued against the Sins and Salvation control systems implemented in the heaven con game John Paul II admitted was a "Heinous act" among many.

My brother will say he is a Catholic Yogi Simone Weil reborn Unitarian, Chinmaya and a hundred other things - if it gets him some free food, it is not a case of not having money. He will almost never do any research on what actual religious scholars say. He will talk as if science is a theory or as if he is a mystic. He certainly is mysterious and hard to figure out. I say being mystical or having a ritual driven hallucination does not make a person a mystic. I could list many mystics who had to hide in the bowels of despotic groups during Dark Ages and continuing repression.

He even recently dared to question if a true mystic named Teilhard de Chardin said what he said about a perfect thought or the Omega Point. Teilhard was a trained scientist unlike my engineer brother who really only knows how to make trouble or confusion and most discouragingly is now teaching his drivel to classes of kids as a substitute teacher. I do not know that I would not rather have a born again Baptist spouting their nonsense to the citizens of tomorrow.

The current Pope favors bringing back Teilhard's thoughts and Vatican II but probably the majority of prelates favor expunging him from their history.
    Last edited by R_Baird; 06-13-2016 at 10:53 PM.

Here is another direct from the mouth of my brother Russ who took five years to visualize the colours as he went to one of Yogananda's appointed adepts who he still says is his spiritual guide (Roy Eugene Davis). It is not a fault of Roy that my brother was (still is) ego bound and obsessed with material things. I went to a Shrine Auditorium in Oklahoma City and corrected one of the other Yogananda appointees - who also took us through the colors that night - I saw them all. My correction drew the only unscripted spontaneous applause that night.

Friends

On Sunday, the biographical movie on Swami Chinmaya was shown at the Chinmaya Mission in Niagara Falls. His successor, Tejomayanda, will be speaking there this weekend as it has become very important among the 500 centres worldwide.

I was saddened to read your report, Roy, on the inadequacies of a similar movie on Yogananda, entitled Awake. On a Quest is the Chinmaya movie title, and apparently it was made entirely by devotees. Their enthusiasm made them appear to be professional actors. I was especially surprised that they could find ones that looked so much like Sivananda and Tapovan. His successor played himself.

Sivananda was approached by the atheist journalist, Balan, Menon of Chennai not long after he was left for dead by British torturers while he was a freedom fighter and hunted fugitive, Chennai Menon.

The wise answers of Sivananda are the high point of the movie, for me. That he sent him to Tapovan for instruction, and how he got there, are reminiscent of Yogananda's quest in the Himalayas for a guru. Tapovan was one of the five brother disciples, Vishnudevananda (Montreal), Venkatesa (South Africa and Mauritius), Satchidananda (USA founder of Yogaville) and (?) of whom I have a group photo. That it would be possible for anyone to learn in the rigourous rule Tapovan set out, is amazing.

This movie is well worth watching, and very inspiring. I can't remember many spiritual movies bringing me to tears.

om shanti shanti,

Russell/Viveka Das
    Last edited by R_Baird; 06-14-2016 at 12:42 PM.