Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Epigenetics

Epigenetics

My friend Sean, whose comments you will see here on a thread addressing the Singularity, was named Mentor of the Year by people he works with at John's Hopkins and the IBBS. He demonstrates why that is the case in the aforementioned thread. He co-authored (I could say and he said he was proud to do so) my book on Integrating Soul and Science. I think his move to focus on epigenetics rather than his previous specialties of neurophysics and disease (Youngest member of the CDC that he was) is largely due to the discussions we had about eight years ago. You can see heated debates on the thread. Here is the IBBS site.

http://epigenetics.jhu.edu/

http://www.epigenesys.eu/en/in-the-n...arch-in-Europe

"As knowledge of the epigenome grows, we continue to learn more about how the substances we consume and the social situations we inhabit influence the way our genes are expressed. Scientists are already rethinking the way organisms evolve and how traits are passed on from parent to offspring. But at what point will this knowledge begin to change the way we live? At what point will we be able to take a pill and block or unblock the right combination of genes to improve our quality of life?

*While turning off aging and fine-tuning the human genome are pretty awe-inspiring possibilities, epigeneticists are far more interested in discovering ways to treat epigenetic diseases. As some cancers occur due to the deactivation of tumor-suppressing genes, researchers have worked to develop medications that reactivate them. The drug azacitidine, for instance, treats leukemia in this manner. Finding just the right parts of the epigenome to treat, however, can be like finding a needle in a haystack. And once researchers find the areas they want to affect, epigenetic drugs aren't all that specific. They might succeed in blocking or unblocking the genes they wanted to treat, but also affect other genes, resulting in potentially dangerous side effects.

Following the completion of the Human Genome Project, the Human Epigenome Project is currently striving to map the scope of changes that can occur between genome and phenotype. Once finished, however, an epigenomic map could also prove useful in determining which individuals are at risk for certain diseases and encouraging the kind of lifestyle changes that can prevent the wrong genes from switching on or off.

More than future medicines are at stake, however. Epigenetic discoveries also force doctors to reexamine existing drugs. Even azacitidine, the first FDA-approved epigenomic drug, was used previously to treat bone-marrow stem cell disorders. It was only after the discovery of its epigenetic effects that doctors explored its uses in other areas.

Stem cells are also of key interest to epigeneticists. By studying the epigenetic changes that determine how cells develop, it may eventually become possible to dictate what tissue type a stem cell will develop into. For more information on the implications of this, read How Stem Cells Work.

In the meantime, the more we know about epigenetic changes, the more we realize the correlation between our actions and, not only our own lives, but the lives of our children. As we peel away another genetic layer to find out who we are, what other mysteries await us?"

http://science.howstuffworks.com/lif...igenetics4.htm

The plant kingdom has been providing anti-oxidants and flavorful foods that heal in so-called folk medicine for millions of years. In modern epigenetic studies we are learning more about why these plants provide more benefit than most people would have known for all of those years.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4090835/

And you may think I am berserk to claim a connection exists with the soul or spirit, also known as the mind. But that is what I have said ever since I noticed the lymph system is connected with psychic points in my 20s. I could say I told you so. No I will say I told you so. It will be good to see the brain-mapping done at Harvard which shows yogis and mystics in states of esoteric bliss and healing, integrated with consciousness and this study.

"In a stunning discovery that overturns decades of textbook teaching, researchers at the University of Virginia School of Medicine have determined that the brain is directly connected to the immune system by vessels previously thought not to exist.

That such vessels could have escaped detection when the lymphatic system has been so thoroughly mapped throughout the body is surprising on its own, but the true significance of the discovery lies in the effects it could have on the study and treatment of neurological diseases ranging from autism to Alzheimer’s disease to multiple sclerosis.

“Instead of asking, ‘How do we study the immune response of the brain?,’ ‘Why do multiple sclerosis patients have the immune attacks?,’ now we can approach this mechanistically – because the brain is like every other tissue connected to the peripheral immune system through meningeal lymphatic vessels,” said Jonathan Kipnis, a professor in U.Va.’s Department of Neuroscience and director of U.Va.’s Center for Brain Immunology and Glia. “It changes entirely the way we perceive the neuro-immune interaction. We always perceived it before as something esoteric that can’t be studied. But now we can ask mechanistic questions."

He added, “We believe that for every neurological disease that has an immune component to it, these vessels may play a major role. [It’s] hard to imagine that these vessels would not be involved in a [neurological] disease with an immune component.”

Kevin Lee, who chairs the Department of Neuroscience, described his reaction to the discovery by Kipnis’ lab: “The first time these guys showed me the basic result, I just said one sentence: ‘They’ll have to change the textbooks.’ There has never been a lymphatic system for the central nervous system, and it was very clear from that first singular observation – and they’ve done many studies since then to bolster the finding – that it will fundamentally change the way people look at the central nervous system’s relationship with the immune system.”"

http://news.virginia.edu/content/res...-immune-system

The next link addresses research on cancer cells spreading through the lymph system. Suppressing this system which is vital to our health has many consequences.

http://www.ndm.ox.ac.uk/david-jackso...ity-and-cancer
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-26-2015 at 07:39 PM.

'I think therefore I yam' said Snagglepuss and thus began my life of metaphysical inquiry. It is great to see the University of Notre Dame helping to promote the science behind epigenetic alterations which the simple story-tellers and poets (Bards or Bairds) knew so long ago.

"Prof. Peter Middleton explores genetic variation at the borders of science, culture, and metaphysics. He will draw on a recent poem and novel that display a drive to understand genetic information in terms of development and environment that is also evident in biological and medical research into epigenetics. He discusses different molecular biological models of epigenetic change focusing on how both epistemological and cultural consequences of new scientific developments likely to affect body, identity, and culture. He reflects on the uses of folk poetry to articulate hopes and fears about genetic disorders, and how para-literary texts create a backdrop against which literary aesthetics can be understood.

Biographical Sketch

Peter Middleton is the author of the forthcoming book Physics Envy, about American poetry and science in the Cold War due to appear with Chicago UP later in 2015. He is also the author of books on poetry and performance, a co-authored book on memory, and a study of masculinity, as well as essays on modern poetry, and on literature and science, including climate change. He is currently the Secretary of the British Society for Literature and Science. Educated in both the United Kingdom and the United States, he is a Professor of English at the University of Southampton, UK.``

http://reilly.nd.edu/news-and-events...nd-literature/

Many epigeneticists see how consciousness is an major part of what goes on all around us. So too are many physics people learning from the ancients or mystics (Magian alchemists). You can see more about it under Re-Discovering the Mind. This article says physicists have little idea what is going on in universe but there are numerous excellent thinkers in physics who are far ahead of any other humans. I am excited to see what further proof of Gravitational Wave theory may come from astronomy.

"As monumental as the Higgs discovery was — its theorists won the Nobel Prize in Physics the next year — physicists still have very little idea what’s going on in the universe, beyond the stuff we can see, touch, and smell. A big question concerns “dark matter,” what scientists call the stuff that makes up 80 percent of galaxies but that doesn’t interact with light, atoms, and molecules. They know it’s there, but it’s hiding from us.

With the Higgs in hand, finding traces of dark matter is the next big hunt in high-energy physics.

The Standard Model of physics is what scientists consider their working picture of how fundamental particles behave and interact. But it “has some holes in it,” says Verena Martinez Outschoorn, an assistant professor of physics at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. “We know that our worldview, our model, our understanding of particles and their interactions is kind of a subset of a bigger picture,” she says. “We have reason to believe there are other particles out there.”"

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...ooking-for-now
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-26-2015 at 07:45 PM.

My friend Lance Winslow writes these words about the DNA studies and research into our brains and consciousness (s).

DNA, Fiction and Society; How it Affects Thought By Lance Winslow

A book called the Seven Daughters of Eve by Richard Sykes is worthy of a read and talks about what we have learned about the flow of human beings populations through DNA research. Thus it is safe to say that certain members of our species have developed differently and in different ways, meaning the brain also learns differently. As Scientists look at different human brains while doing various tasks and watch which areas light up with energy as it works through these different thoughts and tasks we are finding just how unique and different each mind really is.

Yet as we learn more about the brain we indeed add more questions to our studies. Why does man need to think. Why does mankind feel the need to share these thoughts and concepts in their writings? It appears that the flow of thought may be the single most important part of life. The process of thought is probably the single most important part of human life. 'I think therefore, I am.' Are you, is that it? So what is it with this large complex body? Is it to serve the brain? Or is the brain to serve the body? With these questions and the philosophers of prior periods and the writers and thinkers of today we can all agree that thought is one of the most important parts of self and of human life, if not the only true important part of life.

Then why do we allow thought to be controlled by religion, governments, other men? If we study the dialogues of Plato, Galileo, Copernicus, etc. we see that man has often muffled thought and that often fiction is the only way to allow for truth or thought. So we therefore live in a world with a history of imprisoning dissenting or disagreeing views. But for mankind to move forward we need to stop this and allow free thought. As we see modern day people of deep thought attempt to bring forth their discoveries and enlightenment, we see them doing so by way of fictional works. We see great thoughts in our movies, novels, stories; why should we have to hide truths in fairy tales. Why can't we know to graduate to the next level without such forced barriers? Think about it?"

THE LOGOS

I have often used purpose therapy (along with Gestalt or Zen) in my efforts to help those who struggle with the alienating societal effects and outcomes from bad parenting and poor educational environments. I almost always discuss the simple choices made by Frankl in his concentration camp experiences. I give more credit to the University of Wisconsin than I do to Vienna as this Wikipedia article does. Vienna has influences that psychiatrists do not talk about (Other than Rhawn Joseph) and Frankl is more humane and human than most of them. It is good enough and well worth reading.

I can even say that I enjoyed drilling down into the word Noetic (See thread on the Institute of Noetic Sciences) and then seeing a discussion of alchemical principles derived from Bards like Hesiod. Of course they did not explain Bards or point out Socrates, Aristotle and Plato were alchemists. They did make reference to some "eclectic" cosmogonies that affected "Medieval" people. Here is a little of what this drilling lead to.

"In Aristotle's influential works, the term was carefully distinguished from sense perception, imagination and reason, although these terms are closely inter-related. The term was apparently already singled out by earlier philosophers such as Parmenides, whose works are largely lost. In post-Aristotelian discussions, the exact boundaries between perception, understanding of perception, and reasoning have not always agreed with the definitions of Aristotle, even though his terminology remains influential.

In the Aristotelian scheme, nous is the basic understanding or awareness which allows human beings to think rationally. For Aristotle, this was distinct from the processing of sensory perception, including the use of imagination and memory, which other animals can do. This therefore connects discussion of nous, to discussion of how the human mind sets definitions in a consistent and communicable way, and whether people must be born with some innate potential to understand the same universal categories the same logical ways. Deriving from this it was also sometimes argued, especially in classical and medieval philosophy, that the individual nous must require help of a spiritual and divine type. By this type of account, it came to be argued that the human understanding (nous) somehow stems from this cosmic nous, which is however not just a recipient of order, but a creator of it. Such explanations were influential in the development of medieval accounts of God, the immortality of the soul, and even the motions of the stars, in Europe, North Africa and the Middle East, amongst both eclectic philosophers and authors representing all the major faiths of their times."

I say you will find the root of epigenetics and modern science beginning to learn metaphysics is the true REALITY in our ordered environment in this. I also say the reason Erikson was made an outcast in Psychology after having been it's top guru; is because he learned the truer meanings in The Logos or spirituality. Tesla's whole life is credit to it's Harmonic (In the beginning was the WORD) or Divine Providential Purpose. In a list of the 20th Centuries leading psychological influences

http://psychology.about.com/od/histo...chologists.htm you will still find Erikson at number seven as well as the thoroughly trashed Skinner at the top of that list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logotherapy
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-26-2015 at 07:50 PM.

You may also know of Phi or the Nautilus shell which nature designed and ancients learned from. It is in the Great Pyramid along with many etheric concepts being studied by epigenetics.

Forms are well known for their ability to focus energy. It is more than mere amplification such as occurs in a magnifying glass. It creates order such as a trapezoid room does in helping maintain brain firing balance for a schizophrenic. Is it useful to think of these forms like the two perfect tetrahedral in the Great Pyramid even though we really don't have the science of why or how the Pyramid used energy and distributed it as fully understood as we should? There is a whole lot we can learn from the following author.

"By Jerry W. Decker www.keelynet.com
    PO Box 111786
    Carrollton, TX 75011

There are fields of study which are relatively unknown to the general public. Though 'Pyramid Power' is well known, few have pursued it to other geometric forms and the phenomena which can be produced by understanding what is happening. Some of the key early researchers into Shape Power and the more specific Pyramid Power include Pavlita {See my article on Pavlita Generators.}, Belizal, Turenne, Drbal and Flanagan. Practical Aether Engineering is accomplished in nature by the use of various geometric forms and patterns as witnessed in the Fibonacci series, fractals, tiles, cones and tetrahedral shapes. Entomologist Phil Callahan has shown how insects and some plants use geometric shapes to collect and transmit electromagnetic and acoustic waves. When one understands that Aether, being the basic substrate of the universe, can be interferred with to such a degree as to produce all manner of energy and matter aggregations, it follows that everything is a result of Aether Engineering to various degrees.

Dan Davidson has been on the cutting edge of the aether engineering field for most of his adult life. In our many discussions and information exchanges over the years, I have found Dan to be one of the most reliable, consistent and serious investigators I've had the privilege to know. Few people have Dan's natural ability to cut to the chase and look for what is practical in the alternative science fields, as opposed to those who prefer to promote phenomena as unknowable mysteries or unproven claims. It takes not only a great amount of dedication and perseverance, but also a considerable investment of personal time and money to make a difference. I have found that Dan puts his money and time where his mouth is and actually does the experiments to refute or validate claims.

One other key gift that I have found Dan to possess is his openness to use other than mechanistic approaches in the study of alternative science. For instance, in some cases, Metaphysics is just as valid a tool as is the use of hardware and it is a rare gift indeed to be able and willing to fill in those missing gaps by using information derived from such sources.

As far as I'm concerned, it is irrelevant as to the information sources that lead to a new technology, only that it works as claimed and can be replicated by others and put into practical use by everyone.

When you read Shape Power, you should keep in mind that Dan is describing a form of aether engineering in its early stages. Recent and current events lend ever greater credence to the idea that long dead civilizations understood these aether principles and used them in their everyday lives. I believe that what you will read in Shape Power is a description of what will eventually lead to radical new technologies. The essence of how geometric patterns can influence energy flows is exactly the same as how antennas and other resonating structures work. Since everything resonates and establishes an information and energy transfer between two or more resonant bodies, then a two dimensional pattern can precisely resonate to a three dimensional structure.

Just as a microwave horn or an antenna collects or transmits wave energy, so too can geometric patterns be used to collect, transmit or modulate surrounding energy fields, including aether. 17th century Cymatics researcher Ernst Chaldni found that vibrating waveplates would allow you to actually see sound waves as a two dimensional image. Hans Jenny discovered how to expand these two dimensional images into three dimensional."

http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/Davidson.pdf

A one time correspondent of mine named Gary Buchanan (The Andean Explorer's Club and a priestly person I now refuse dialogue with.) is building and selling Cymatics-based machines for use in Chiropractry. Two years or less ago he asked me to refer people with experience building things to him.
    Last edited by R_Baird; 03-07-2016 at 12:34 PM.

Do you think that modern humans are as good as shamans from over a hundred thousand years ago who lived in nature and attuned with it far more than we do?

http://www.i-sis.org.uk/How_mind_cha...meditation.php

The following quote from the above link would seem to provide a possible genetic science might have developed through sex of a spiritually attuned people (Bhakti or Nyaya etc.).

"The first study that used gene expression profiles to probe the effects of meditative practices was small but in-depth. The neutrophils (one kind of white blood cells) of 5 Asian Qigong practitioners were compared with 6 healthy Asian controls [3]. The Qigong group had practiced for at least a year consisting of a cognitive component in addition to exercise that lasted 1 to 2 h daily. Gene expression profiles were examined with microarrays for about 12 000 genes. Among them 250 genes were consistently different between the Qigong and the control groups with 132 down-regulated and 118 up regulated. Among the differentially expressed genes, the down-regulated include genes related to the ubiquitin degradation pathway (for breaking down proteins), as well as genes encoding ribosomal proteins. Cellular stress response genes were generally down regulated in Qigong practitioners compared with controls, but the expression of two heat shock proteins were increased. Expression of genes related to immunity was also increased in the Qigong groups, such as interferon gamma (IFN-g) and IFN-related and IFN-regulated genes (involved in fighting viral infections). In an in vitro assay, the neutrophils from Qigong practitioners had increased bacteriocidal activity. Furthermore, the lifespan of normal neutrophils was increased while that of inflammatory neutrophils was decreased through apoptosis.

A second study was particularly interesting. It evaluated gene expression changes triggered by the ‘relaxation response’ (RR), characterized by decreased oxygen consumption, increased exhaled nitric oxide and reduced psychological distress [4]. The practices were quite diverse, ranging from vipassana or insight meditation, mantra meditation, and transcendental meditation, to breath focus, Kripalu or Kundalini yoga, and repetitive prayer. The study included 19 long-term (average 9.4 years of practice) RR practitioners (group M) and 20 healthy controls tested at baseline (group N1) who underwent 8 weeks of training in guided relaxation techniques and tested again (group N2). Peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC, all blood cells having a round nucleus) were isolated and global transcriptome (totality of transcripts) profiles were determined using microarrays that could probe 47 000 genes and gene variants.

A total of 2 209 genes were differentially expressed between Group M and N1: 1 275 up and 945 down-regulated. Between Groups M and N2, 1 504 genes were differentially expressed: 774 up- and 730 down-regulated. Between N1 and N2, 1 562 genes were differentially expressed: 874 up- and 687 down-regulated. Interestingly, 595 genes were differentially expressed specifically in Group M, suggesting that long term practitioners of RR gives a distinct expression profile. Similarly, 428 genes were shared between the short and long term RR groups (N2 and M), but not with the controls N1 group. The type of genes differentially expressed suggested to the authors that gene expression changes in the M and N2 groups might indicate a greater capacity to respond to oxidative stress and associated detrimental effects. And it matters little which RR technique is practised.

The third study investigated changes in gene expression by Sudarshan Kriya (a kind of yoga) and associated practice [5]. It included 42 practitioners and 42 healthy normal controls. RNA was isolated from PBMC and subjected to Reverse Transcription –PCR analysis with a focus on genes involved in oxidative stress, DNA damage, cell cycle control, aging and apoptosis. In parallel, the blood drawn was assayed for glutathione peroxidase, superoxide dismutase, and glutathione levels. Consistent with a previous study, glutathione peroxidase and superoxide dismutase activities and glutathione levels were higher in practitioners compared with controls. Consistent with those findings, glutathione S-transferase mRNA was also significantly higher in practitioners compared with controls. Although not statistically significant, similar increases were found in the antioxidant genes Cu-Zn and Mn SOD (superoxide dismutase), glutathione perioxidase, and catalase. In addition, expression of the anti-apoptotic gene COX-2 and stress response gene HSP-70 were significantly increased in the practitioners. Thus the authors suggested that the meditative practice might result in a better antioxidant status, at least in part, by changes in the expression of the relevant genes, which may translate to better response to environmental stress.

All three studies suggest that yogi meditative practice give rise to gene expression changes consistent with improved response to environmental stress: improved survival of immune cells, improved antioxidant status "
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-28-2015 at 08:26 AM.

I hope mankind can plan for the impact of having a lot more hair on old farts like me who live longer.

"Researchers in Japan have found that human aging may be able to be delayed or even reversed, at least at the most basic level of human cell lines. In the process, the scientists from the University of Tsukuba also found that regulation of two genes is related to how we age.

The new findings challenge one of the current popular theories of aging, that lays the blame for humans' inevitable downhill slide with mutations that accumulate in our mitochondrial DNA over time. Mitochondrion are sometimes likened to a cellular "furnace" that produces energy through cellular respiration. Damage to the mitochondrial DNA results in changes or mutations in the DNA sequence that build up and are associated with familiar signs of aging like hair loss, osteoporosis and, of course, reduced lifespan.

So goes the theory, at least. But the Tsukuba researchers suggest that something else may be going on within our cells. Their research indicates that the issue may not be that mitochondrial DNA become damaged, but rather that genes get turned "off" or "on" over time. Most intriguing, the team led by Professor Jun-Ichi Hayashi was able to flip the switches on a few genes back to their youthful position, effectively reversing the aging process.

The researchers came to this conclusion by comparing the function level of the mitochondria in fibroblast cell lines from children under 12 years of age to those of elderly people between 80 and 97. As expected, the older cells had reduced cellular respiration, but the older cells did not show more DNA damage than those from children. This discovery led the team to propose that the reduced cellular function is tied to epigenetic regulation, changes that alter the physical structure of DNA without affecting the DNA sequence itself, causing genes to be turned on or off. Unlike mutations that damage that sequence, as in the other, aforementioned theory of aging, epigenetic changes could possibly be reversed by genetically reprogramming cells to an embryonic stem cell-like state, effectively turning back the clock on aging.

For a broad comparison, imagine that a power surge hits your home's electrical system. If not properly wired, irreversible damage or even fire may result. However, imagine another home in which the same surge trips a switch in this home's circuit breaker box. Simply flipping that breaker back to the "on" position should make it operate as good as new. In essence, the Tsukuba team is proposing that our DNA may not become fried with age as previously thought, but rather simply requires someone to access its genetic breaker box to reverse aging.

To test the theory, the researchers found two genes associated with mitochondrial function and essentially experimented with turning them on or off. In doing so, they were able to create defects or restore cellular respiration. These two genes regulate glycine, an amino acid, production in mitochondria, and in one of the more promising findings, a 97-year-old cell line saw its cellular respiration restored after the addition of glycine for 10 days.

The researchers' findings were published this month in the journal Scientific Reports.

Whether or not this process could be a potential fountain of youth for humans and not just human fibroblast cell lines still remains to be seen, with much more testing required. However, if the theory holds, glycine supplements could one day become a powerful tool for life extension."

Here is a post from a friend with extensive knowledge of nutrition.

Well, I stand corrected when I said there was little to nothing available in regards to Glycine and anti aging. Not true. I just checked a little more closely and discovered a bunch of references. Specifically (among other actions) glycine helps in the production of HGH especially if taken prior to exercise, and we know that HGH is important within the field of anti aging.

Glycine also is very important to skin and muscle, which the heart is mostly composed of. Further reading shows me I was howerver right about it being taken in combination, in this case with other amino acids. It also increases the production of creatine which is also important in preventing tissue breakdown.

I also found something interesting about whey being important in anti aging because of the whey (no pun intended) that it protects your telomeres. I say interesting because I didn't know that. In fact I was under the impression that whey powder as a protein supplement was actually a "dirty" source of protein as its almost always sourced as a bi product of cheese making.

But again I was wrong. It is sourced most often from the making of cheese but in fact is considered a complete protein and contains all 9 essential amino acids and is low in lactose content.

So I learnt something important.

Buy and eat whey, whey whey more often, and in whey whey larger quantities!

I also came across some pretty detailed and funky information about the consumption of raw range fed eggs. No downside and extremely powerful as one of the top anti aging foods to eat regularly. Weird, and here I been eating fewer eggs, and only cooked. They even specifically said they were good for the heart.

Fuck, and here I thought I knew just about everything I needed to know about food and diet.... Grrrrrrrrrr!

I need some clones to keep up with the learning of shit...

http://www.gizmag.com/reversal-of-ag...d5d2c-91426461

Can epigenetic stressors include focused thought or meditational attunement. We are assured this is the case in many genetic and psychological areas of study. We are on the verge of being able to know how to change our physical structure just as Michael Valentine Smith did in the classic Robert Heinlein book 'Stranger in a Strange Land'.

"Even at this early stage in the study of human genes, research findings are beginning to reveal the scope of the issues that lie ahead. Long-held distinctions between the effects of genes (nature) and the environment (nurture) can be viewed in new ways. Both genetics and environmental factors may influence the same biological substrates; accumulating evidence suggests, for example, that the adverse impact of environmental stressors can be reversed by pharmacological manipulations. Researchers have discovered that learning gives rise to long-term memory, leading to changes in the expression of genes and structural alteration of the brain—in short, that the activity of genes themselves can be influenced by environmental factors."
    http://www.columbia.edu/cu/alumni/Ma...Mysteries.html
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-28-2015 at 08:30 AM.

The blog here at W-M has an excellent and comprehensive analysis of the kind of thing Erwin Laszlo and others have been doing to follow up on Teilhard and harmonics in general. I highly recommend it.

http://blog.world-mysteries.com/scie...-of-evolution/

When we soon are able to personalize our genetic nutritional needs including changes in metabolism of a daily nature, will you change what you eat?

""Epigenetics is unraveling a continuous cross talk between our genetic profile and the environment. Indeed, genome is much more “flexible” than previously thought and such flexibility underscores the relevance of “good eating” for maintenance of good health. Future nutritionists will have to face the challenge of elucidating the mechanism of nutrition-induced epigenetic changes during pre and post-natal life, to optimize nutritional interventions in a “personalized” perspective.” Genes & Nutrition

"Traditionally, we understand that individual phenotypes result primarily from inherited genetic variants together with environmental exposures. However, many studies showed that a remarkable variety of factors including environmental agents, parental behaviors, maternal physiology, xenobiotics, nutritional supplements and others lead to epigenetic changes that can be transmitted to subsequent generations without continued exposure. Recent discoveries show transgenerational epistasis and transgenerational genetic effects where genetic factors in one generation affect phenotypes in subsequent generation without inheritance of the genetic variant in the parents. Together these discoveries implicate a key signaling pathway, chromatin remodeling, methylation, RNA editing and micro-RNA biology. This exceptional mode of inheritance complicates the search for disease genes and represents perhaps an adaptation to transmit useful gene expression profiles from one generation to the next.” Human Molecular Genetics

In four weeks, a high-glucose diet was found to shut down the gene that creates digestive enzymes. Food wouldn’t move through the digestive tract, and it couldn’t be absorbed.” Molecular Biology Reports. 2010 Apr; 37(4):1867-1874. Note this is a great example of epigenetics in action, simply avoid the sugar and your epigenome will not be rearranged negatively

"Some genetic activity can be altered beneficially by diet and lifestyle. Excess blood glucose causes unfavorable gene expression that can lead to excess insulin production, sustained activation of inflammatory pathways, and increased risk of developing disease complications. Genetic and other insulin-regulating signals can be turned “down or off” when exposed chronically to high glucose levels. Low blood glucose provides the benefit of activating hTERT (human telomerase reverse transcriptase) an enzyme that keeps telomeres from shortening when cells divide. Maintaining low glucose levels has been shown to extend the life span of healthy cells. "

Glucose And Your Genes

"You can control many genes that control disease risk as well as length of life - just by managing your glucose (blood sugar) levels." How Glucose controls life and death Note this is a great example of epigenetics in action, simply avoid the sugar and your epigenome will not be rearranged negatively."

http://healthyprotocols.com/2_epigenetics.htm
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-28-2015 at 08:33 AM.

The twelve main energy vortexes including the Great Pyramid of Iesa have many smaller center points or nodes. You can think of a corollary in your own body - the chakras and psychic points chart which mirrors the lymph system. Epigeneticists may make a further breakthrough in this integrative insight soon. The twelve plates in the Dodecahedron are part of the ancient earth computer.

Beyond the Dragon Project proof of energy varying and dovetailing with astronomical or astrological events and megaliths being part of a computer type of information matrix - we now have Gaia Theory developed by James Lovelock and Lynn Margulis and others including Hawkins who work on Crop Circles I have covered - here. It is more than just some Green initiative and Bucky Fuller saw how consciousness in even the marble under a sculptors tools can be worked with.

"The Gaia Hypothesis finds its roots in longstanding insights regarding a living planet. For example, Scofield in Scientists Debate Gaia explores over two dozen expressions of the concept of a living Earth in Western natural philosophy, including animism, hylozism, psyche, pneuma, pantheism, sympatheia, anima mundi, and world soul (Scientists Debate Gaia, 2004, p. 157 - See inset). Many affirm that indigenous and traditional cultures feature intact connections and patterns with a living earth focusing on wisdom and intuition (Golley, p. 35; Scofeld, 2004, p. 157) at a nexus point of knowledge, practice, and belief (Berkes, p. 163). These insights, scientific and cultural, parallel and harmonize with more ancient indigenous and earth-based insight regarding the living nature of the planet. See also Ecospirituality and Ecophilosophy forms of Gaian Methods for further exploration of these concepts.

The Gaia Hypothesis is a collaborative brainchild of chemist James Lovelock and microbiologist Lynn Margulis and depicts the Earth system as a living, self-regulating, meta-organism continuing optimal life conditions through complex planetary controls. A novel-to-me point of the Gaia Hypothesis is that if a scientist were to imagine what conditions on the Earth would be expected simply due to its planetary size, composition, and distance from the Sun (etc.), the scientist would expect to find a dead, lifeless planet without the temperature, moisture, and other conditions (including those optimum for complex life) found on Gaia - Earth.

Lovelock's Gaia: The Practical Science of Planetary Medicine (2000) offers fabulous visual examples and visualizations for the "geophysiology" that Lovelock explores as part of the fleshing out of the Gaia Hypothesis. His extended metaphor for the Earth as having a physiology includes later chapters on "The People Plague," fever as a metaphor for global warming, and exfoliation as a metaphor for deforestation. Lynn Margulis's radical visionary insight of symbiosis as the central gyre for evolution has, over the past twenty years, brought endosymbiosis and symbiogenesis from an unaccepted fringe theory to evolutionary doctrine. For Margulis, symbiogenesis (not mutation) is the source of innovation in evolutionary change (2006). She has uncovered how mitochondria and chloroplasts demonstrate that collaboration rather than (neo-Darwinian) competition drive evolution. Her early work on eukaryotic evolution demonstrating global regulatory mechanisms was pivotal in the Gaia Hypothesis (2002). Margulis advocates for collaborations with biology, chemistry and other fields in order to pursue the truth about the complex self-regulatory emergent property of the planet as alive (2006).Therefore Gaia Hypothesis research methods are at their heart inter- and transdisciplinary."

http://www.earthregenerative.org/gai...ypothesis.html
    Last edited by R_Baird; 11-23-2015 at 11:14 AM.

YES!!! Genes not injections of deadly toxins. And this will be the way for other cancers I think.

"In the United States, where colorectal cancer is the third most common cancer in men and in women (or second most common combined across both sexes), diagnoses for the disease numbered over 135,000 people in 2011.

It's highly prevalent, but current treatments at the advanced stages are toxic and ineffective. The researchers noted, however, that 80 to 90 percent of colorectal tumors contain the same gene mutation. They sought to reverse that mutation to see what would happen."

http://www.gizmag.com/gene-reactivat...215e0-91426461
    Last edited by R_Baird; 04-21-2016 at 08:20 AM.

It is easy to see how interconnected good thought becomes when I look at the way I have changed this letter or e-mail discourse with my older brother. Brotherhood would grow if we understood our human evolutionary reality - and that evolution will grow as we understand Brotherhood. This connectedness or Harmony which heals our mind, body and soul - is the root of epigenetics, positive thinking and decrees or TEMPLATES.

Here is an e-mail response to my older brother who made note of the fact that I have been posing these thoughts most of my life and yet no great acclaim has come my way.

There are many ways thought gets transmitted to the brain - and current human evolution theory is moving to the ideas I have been promoting (Others like Teilhard de Chardin - an anthropologist and catholic priest - see Teilhardism) for as long as I can remember. When Sartre said "Love is absent space" I say he understood Brotherhood (Fraternite) best of all - and that Brotherhood of Iesa (translates as Jesus, Heysoos, Iesoos etc) is what all religions need to foster. Teilhard called for a "conspiracy of Love".

I am satisfied with how the mind has started to recover from materialism. Our future is still bleak if we do not use that mind to form the templates ('perfect' though by one person - said Teilhard; imagine if more than one person actually started understanding). See Re-discovering the Mind which I used teaching a lesson in my Masters program Org Behaviour class in 1981.

You have heard about the saying "We are spiritual beings having a brief illusory material experience." That was a very old concept he revived.

Further to the above you might want to consider how often the "illusory" experience is highlighted in our media including the schools.

What kind of crazy is it that supports such ideology when there are far better methods available (see thread We Can Change the World)? When Malcolm Muggeridge said Jesus would be institutionalized today - he was making a good point. That is true whether or not there ever was an actual Jesus person rather than the titles Jesus and Chriost which have been around for a great deal longer than our falsified Empire history supporting our screwed up laws. The people who put words in the mouths of Prophets do so for PROFIT!