Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Earth's Only Hope - Ecumenicism

Yes, I am pretty foolish and I still harbor illusions that humanity might awaken from the thrall or trance that grips the throat of all life on the planet we call home; like a seizure-struck lamb suckling on it's mother's teat. In point of fact that lamb will grow up to be even more emboldened in it's certitude of ignorance as it often will try to share the stupid nature of it's sand box scriptures. But as stupid as I am - and perhaps because I am so stupid, I will continue to have hope even if I have zero faith in what my soul cries for - Brotherhood and honesty! For you see - I too derive perverse pleasure from the Scriptures and interpretations of those who wax eloquent about what others in their cult have written. The fact that they have successfully sold many very different perspectives as the word of the Great Pumpkin, big boogeyman or monotheistic trio with all manner of gods, angels, saints and relics to worship; doesn't diminish the fervor of each cult's sheep. When their god created them he quite obviously forgot to put the grey matter in the big sphere on top rather than the one these sheep sit on. There is one aspect of intellect they all excel at; abuse! They can abuse their mothers and sisters by the authority of their mighty omnipotent masters in Rome or from the desert sands where sentient life is hard to find. If you are standing near one of these excellent people of great faith you might want to put your hand over your wallet or posterior regions.

Not to suggest that a Christian knows what is important about any cult member they share their Scriptures with - but you get some unvarnished insights when they speak about each other. I provide them a service when I spread their good word in the following complete book.

"" Mohammed began with descriptions of natural objects, of judgment, of heaven and hell, impassioned, fragmentary utterances, mostly in brief sentences; he went on to dogmatic assertions, historical statements from Jewish and Christian sources, missionary appeals and persuasions; and he ended with the dictatorial commands of a legislator and warrior. "He who at Mecca is the admonisher and persuader, at Medina is the legislator and the warrior, who dictates obedience and uses other weapons than the pen of the poet and the scribe. When business pressed, as at Medina, poetry makes way for prose,170 and although touches of the poetical element occasionally break forth, and he has to defend himself up to a very late period against the charge of being merely a poet, yet this is rarely the case in the Medina Suras; and we are startled by finding obedience to God and the Apostle, God’s gifts and the Apostle’s, God’s pleasure and the Apostle’s, spoken of in the same breath, and epithets, and attributes, applied to Allah, openly applied to Mohammed, as in Sura IX."171

The materials of the Koran, as far as they are not productions of the author’s own imagination, were derived from the floating traditions of Arabia and Syria, from rabbinical Judaism, and a corrupt Christianity, and adjusted to his purposes. Mohammed had, in his travels, come in contact with professors of different religions, and on his first journey with camel-drivers he fell in with a Nestorian monk of Bostra, who goes by different names (Bohari, Bahyra, Sergius, George), and welcomed the youthful prophet with a presage of his future greatness.172 His wife Chadijah and her cousin Waraka (a reputed convert to Christianity, or more probably a Jew) are said to have been well acquainted with the sacred books of the Jews and the Christians. The Koran, especially in the earlier Suras, speaks often and highly of the Scriptures; calls them "the Book of God," "the Word of God," "the Tourât" (Thora, the Pentateuch), "the Gospel" (Ynyil), and describes the Jews and Christians as "the people of the Book," or "of the Scripture," or "of the Gospel." It finds in the Scriptures prophecies of Mohammed and his success, and contains narratives of the fall of Adam and Eve, Noah and the Deluge, Abraham and Lot, the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, Moses and Joseph, John the Baptist, the Virgin Mary and Jesus, sometimes in the words of the Bible, but mostly distorted and interspersed with rabbinical and apocryphal fables.173 It is quite probable that portions of the Bible were read to Mohammed; but it is very improbable that he read it himself; for according to the prevailing Moslem tradition he could not read at all, and there were no Arabic translations before the Mohammedan conquests, which spread the Arabic language in the conquered countries. Besides, if he had read the Bible with any degree of care, he could not have made such egregious blunders."

http://www.isom.vnsalvation.com/Reso...20590-1073.PDF

When I began asking questions I saw so much more to learn. I enjoy that still. But I do not need my ZEN and now I am free to take the PATH. I could advise the young 'grasshopper' about very little except to open his eyes much less than his ears (to people).

I can say I want to know what he sees with so little of the war, and the wages I have paid in the war to be all I can BE! I can hope he will ask why I was so stupid when he hears me recount so many things.
    Last edited by R_Baird; 04-07-2016 at 08:07 AM.

This is a very good thread and there are many more quotes from wise people who should be heard from. I will try to build an on-line school for all ages and all people of any and all religions to share and learn. Each university or website that offers questions or signs up to have their top people teach for and against what I say about history and science could get more class participation and the courses would be targeted to getting people to ask questions which might help in Psychological healing and parenting as well.

Paine - “One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.”

Ingersoll - “Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith! Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge!”

Voltaire - “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”

Whitman - “I like the scientific spirit—the holding off, the being sure but not too sure, the willingness to surrender ideas when the evidence is against them: this is ultimately fine—it always keeps the way beyond open—always gives life, thought, affection, the whole man, a chance to try over again after a mistake—after a wrong guess.”

Edison - "Moral teaching is the thing we need most in this world, and many of these men could be great moral teachers if they would but give their whole time to it, and to scientific search for the rock-bottom truth, instead of wasting it upon expounding theories of theology which are not in the first place firmly based. What we need is search for fundamentals, not reiteration of traditions born in days when men knew even less than we do now."

Camus - “Men are never convinced of your reasons, of your sincerity, of the seriousness of your sufferings, except by your death. So long as you are alive, your case is doubtful; you have a right only to their skepticism.”

Jefferson -

“If we could believe that he [Jesus] really countenanced the follies, the falsehoods, and the charlatanism which his biographers [Gospels] father on him, and admit the misconstructions, interpolations, and theorizations of the fathers of the early, and the fanatics of the latter ages, the conclusion would be irresistible by every sound mind that he was an impostor... We find in the writings of his biographers matter of two distinct descriptions. First, a groundwork of vulgar ignorance, of things impossible, of superstitions, fanaticisms and fabrications... That sect [Jews] had presented for the object of their worship, a being of terrific character, cruel, vindictive, capricious and unjust... Jesus had to walk on the perilous confines of reason and religion: and a step to right or left might place him within the gripe of the priests of the superstition, a blood thirsty race, as cruel and remorseless as the being whom they represented as the family God of Abraham, of Isaac and of Jacob, and the local God of Israel. They were constantly laying snares, too, to entangle him in the web of the law... That Jesus did not mean to impose himself on mankind as the son of God, physically speaking, I have been convinced by the writings of men more learned than myself in that lore."
    [Letter to William Short, 4 August, 1820]” I suspect this Short is the son or grandson of a man who was sent from England to teach him Newton's alchemy for one year when Thomas was at William and Mary.

Ingersoll - “Not one of the orthodox ministers dare preach what he thinks if he knows a majority of his congregation think otherwise. He knows that every member of his church stands guard over his brain with a creed, like a club, in his hand. He knows that he is not expected to search after the truth, but that he is employed to defend the creed. Every pulpit is a pillory, in which stands a hired culprit, defending the justice of his own imprisonment.”

Any one of the above quotes could be the masthead of an on-line university and forum associated with other websites and even some degree courses. I doubt a major institution will allow an open consideration of any government or religious agenda - which is needed if true ecumenicism will begin to grow; but I will try to foster such a course. I think there are many places who could make money by offering such investigations of the "WOO" including cults. I think psychologists might ask or requires such participation once they see how their clients benefit from asking the tough questions about their obsessions.

There are esoteric online universities who might be open to debating with me, and get courses they already have to participate. I am not going to do this for free, but I do not need the money, it seems the only way to truly get people involved will require I make money. So I will be putting my efforts into articles for pay, and forums for serious students.

History - Integrated and Worldwide

To Whom it May Concern:

The specialization of educational academics has made a mockery of true knowledge or wisdom acquisition in my opinion. It seems so in the view of many Nobel Laureates. You can hear it from the likes of Kaku and Professor Morowitz of Yale in his 1980 article from Psychology Today called Re-discovering the Mind. I used that article in my Master's Organizational Behavior class that I was put in charge of, when the Professor was sick. What follows is what I am sending to Harvard, obviously, I can address similar emails to other regions as well. I would also integrate the Transcendentalist to Puranas schools which Emerson and Vivekananda, Jung, Eliade and many others offer insights to, and wisdom can be gleaned all over the world. Hopefully when people know about our common wisdom. Wisdom connects us in Brotherhood and it will force racism and indifference or extremist ideology into a lesser role than it has in our Westphalian Order. Divine Rights or occult divine rites all deserve inspection so we can know Manifest Destiny for what it is.

Cell Diffusion History:

Most people have heard about botanists like Heyerdahl or Oceanographers like Barraclough Fell who made waves and have now been proven more correct than those who ridiculed them. DNA and archaeology including new technologies has put the stake in the old me-too thinkers. Zelia Nuttall of Harvard's Peabody Museum and William James, Howard Zinn, Bucky Fuller or Alfred North Whitehead and many others from Harvard are sources of reference for true thinkers.

But still there are few or no doctoral programs in Phoenician studies or esoteric shamanism even. During the time I was writing my nearly 90 books telling the true nature of human cultural evolution I was gifted with the Dawson Library of the ESOP on CD. But I found hundreds of top scholars to choose facts from to prove what DNA now confirms - 'De' Ainu known as DN or DNN to Homer are a large part of our collective growth. Yes, Martin Bernal has covered some of this in courses at Cornell or Rutgers from his book Black Athena but I dare say I have a more thorough worldwide focus.

Co-operative Educational Programs through the Internet

Some degree programs are being offered through leading institutions like Harvard (Professor Nagy) or far less authoritative places selling New Age woo to gullible seekers for answers who have learned the normal educational programs are either deceitful or plain ignorant. Kaku calls many teacher types - "Know nothing scientists". I propose to answer questions or debate so-called scholars and make a more reasoned approach to educating people. I hope you will look seriously into having courses tie in to what I offer.

I am sure the students will appreciate seeing the professor has no clothes when he says this fact or that is 'anomalous' or unfounded. There are so many co-incidences which are not explained in our history. It is no wonder students are not in awe of the people who cannot explain (or differ with experts) how the Pyramids were built, where the Ostrogoths disappeared to, why the Druids and their books or language was proscribed (ETC., etc,).
    Last edited by R_Baird; 04-16-2016 at 07:39 AM.

Transparency in Government, Media and Religion

The most important part of any course where reading is involved or people are sharing their thoughts has to start with stipulating the weaknesses of learned knowledge and the need for questioning one's beliefs. Here is a central part of the problem historians or truth seekers face. This one example covers almost all of history.

Do you believe what you read in the paper today? Which side of the event do you believe? Is either one correct? When you look back on the event a month later after reading more accounts does your opinion of the first accounts change?

The following link mentions Hecateus was the first to use the word 'keltoi' in 500 BCE. I doubt that for many reasons including the word Celt is a roman epithet to diminish the 'kelts' and earlier cultures they stole and fought from and with. When was the first time 'Celt' was used to describe a people rather than the hammered tool made from early alloying caused in fires like those set to cause rock to break and release gold or gems? That is called Spalling and it was probably used before Dolni Vestonici double kiln technology and ceramic making in 27,000 BCE. Hammered tool - in case you do not know, is synonymous with a drunken lout. That is the kind of history that survived Empire and was still being written by Hume in the era of Gibbon who wrote the definitive book on Rome. That is what books used in schools still pass along as fact.

Though the following says we have many ancient historians and geographers and books they wrote - they do not. The works of Poseidonius are quoted by others and I think his originals were too instructive about the origins of actual inventions and culture so they had to be destroyed. His work is quoted by Herodotus who was ridiculed for writing fictions (now proven by archaeology - Amazons and Sybaris are examples). Then there is the usual matter of journalists writing things to appease or please their masters or employers. The Senchus Mor told the history of the Kelts for 25,000 years and thus it was a primary target for elimination and doctoring by the likes of St. Patrick who we have proof did just that. Strabo wrote that the Kelts of Iberia had a 7500 year written history. Roma and Greece were not even glints in the eyes of the Phoenician Keltoi in this era.

"The Celts of the distant north have not yet taken to writing, but we have many accounts of people who have been to their lands or who have talked to people who have. The Carthaginian Himilcar was one of the first people to leave an account of the area. Hecataeus of Miletus (c 500B.C.), an early geographer and writer, was the first to use the term "Keltoi". His works are quoted by the later Herodotus (c. 450 B.C.). Pytheas of Massalia (4th century B.C.) spoke of an island called Brettanike. He travelled there and possibly beyond around 310 - 306 B.C. Theopompus' 4th century B.C. account of Philip II of Macedon includes his contacts with the Keltoi. Hieronymus of Cardia and Phylarchus, both of the 3rd century B.C., wrote about the customs of the Keltoi. Marinus wrote about the Keltoi in the 1st century B.C. Poseidonius' first-hand account of Gaul in the 1st century B.C. is much quoted by Diodorus Siculus (1st century B.C.), and Strabo (25 A.D.). There is also a copy of a Greek inscription in Upper Egypt (185 B.C.) that tells how some mercenaries with Greek names caught a fox or jackal. From the inscription it is obvious that the mercenaries were, in fact, Keltoi."

http://www.peiraeuspubliclibrary.com/history.html

And the hits just keep on coming! History is a web of lies where people call other people ignorant or unable to write or travel, or even think and be conscious (John Locke and the Pope during the heathen invasion of paradise). But the people before the second millennium BCE in this report traveled and traded in the whole area from Egypt to Denmark.

"After taking a new look at a pair of ancient cobalt beads, archaeologists now believe these Bronze Age artifacts may have been manufactured in the same workshop as the blue glass on King Tut’s death mask.

If that’s the case, an extensive trade network likely ran from ancient Denmark to Egypt and Mesopotamia around 3,400 years ago, the researchers say.

For the research, an international team of Danish and French archaeologists used a technique called plasma-mass spectrometry to analyze the chemical composition of 23 glass beads dating back to between 1400 and 1100 B.C. The set of beads was unearthed from Danish graves in the late 19th century.

The analysis revealed that two cobalt beads in the set contained the same trace elements as glass made in Egypt around the same time, which suggests they came from the same region. In fact, the researchers say the new discovery is the first Egyptian cobalt glass that has been found outside the Mediterranean area."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6323680.html

Maybe it is the first called Egyptian but Merovingian glass was archaeologically unearthed at Glastonbury.
    Last edited by R_Baird; 04-17-2016 at 09:09 AM.

* man created gods so he could lord it over those who were stupid enough to think the man who created the gods (LORD, ALLAH etc.) had the right picture and spoke for those many gods (saints and so on)
    • these people later made divine kings who paid them homage or he and his family were invariably in a position to interpret what his self made god wanted
    • sometimes they were both Lord and Master - such as the Caliphs and Popes of a Holy EMPIRE

Then we get to corporate immortals with rights like the Divine Kings - see Rerum Novarum. Manifest Destiny is a concept made into many laws all designed to keep people worshipping rather than creating good productive laws of co-operation and ecumenicism.

The above is a response to a person saying only man can rule himself and not nations. But he also says God made it this way.