Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Earth's Only Hope - Ecumenicism

Earth's Only Hope - Ecumenicism

Dr. Robins' observations are beyond mere intuition, they include an attunement with what Bucky Fuller called Synergetics; there is so much for mankind and modern science to learn about what the shamans and/or Druids knew and created. We are all lulled into a sense of security when we proclaim our science or the five senses provide the fullest inspection available. It is all so wrapped up in the psychology of ego. There was a Harvard study that concluded we only get one third of our wisdom or knowledge through linear logical processes, some years ago. I will return again and again to the eloquence of this MAN, so 'open', that he can see the chasm between the myths of science and the reality of legend. Hopefully we will collectively enable each other to join him across the bridge that fords this chasm. We can overthrow the 'Toilet Philosophy'.

Throughout our total cultural history man has sought to order and make sense out of the chaos that creative integration of energy and consciousness allows. How many times has some small magic or replicability encouraged even the wisest adepts among us to imagine they can control nature? This nature that the ancients knew was God is a powerful and deeply connected force throughout the universe according to the boiled down interpretation of all the things man calls religion or cults. Mircae Eliade is a great scholar who knows all religions and systems on the face of the earth as well as any other soul hereon. He has written numerous books on the subject and like most attendees of the Eranos Conferences I respect him a great deal. Here is a brief insight comparing two of the most creative and adept ways that man has yet developed.

"...both Tantrist and alchemist strive to dominate 'matter'. They do not withdraw from the world as do the ascetic and metaphysician, but dream of conquering it and changing its ontological regime. In short, there is good ground for seeing in the tantric 's‚dhana', and in the work of the alchemist, parallel efforts to free themselves from the laws of Time, to 'decondition' their existence and gain absolute freedom.

The transmutation of metals may be ranged among those 'freedoms' which the alchemist succeeds in enjoying: he intervenes actively in the processes of Nature ('prakrti') and in a sense it could be said that he collaborates in its 'redemption'. (Biblio: This term has not, of course, the same significance as it has in Christian theology.)" (1)
    Roger Bacon was a good alchemist and monk who spent some time in a dungeon for his efforts to bring Christianity out of the Dark Ages and back to Nature ('prakrti'). He is like a lot of adepts in that he chose to dare and be courageous enough to risk his life for the cause of human emancipation. It is known to them all that they could join the paradigm and do very well, if they keep their mouths shut. Ignorance after all, may be bliss - but as the Greek sage did say, it is not blissful to be ignorant. The fullness of bliss comes most when God is harmonizing and things fit the Divine Purpose. That is a very biased way of saying what creative utilization and intelligent design does contemplate, but it is good enough to describe what I hope can occur.

It appears to stupid and simple 'me', that the secrets of science are worth sharing and enabling all mankind with. Through open examination rather than pedagogical pedantry of proselytes, the proletariat might well understand and seek fairness from the priesthoods of greed and power. Time may not be on our side but we can create amazing things if we can garner enough energy and spirit to the common cause of all men in Brotherhood. With just a few trusted people who have the ear of the populace a new ethic could quickly evolve or return. The possibility presented through honesty and a willingness to nurture and negotiate has been the realm of women and thus they became the designated scapegoats of the 'Original Sin'. Our soul innately knows the truth of Brotherhood and the appeals to ego are not more powerful than a soul allowed to speak to the mind, without interpreters who sell fear and salvation.

The soul is very connected to the harmonic interplay of all energy and the earth has vectors and valences as well as vortices of energy. The Gaian scientists like Lovelock were on the right track but he was usurped and marginalization of his concepts resulted. There is a great deal of research ongoing in the realms and chasms Dr. Robins addressed and he may be quite correct to have used the word SECRET in the title of his book.

Some people think things are different now, and that there is a move towards ecumenicism such as the Iesa or Iesus concept wanted in Brotherhood. Here we see the nature of that so-called ecumenicism today.

"I was delighted to hear; recently, that a few hundred representatives of different faiths met during a special United Nations forum in New York called the 'Millennium Peace Summit.' Pleading to stop violence in the name of religion and promote tolerance was one of the main messages that came out of the summit. Great; that effort at unified spirituality is what we need in order to promote world peace.

But only a few days later, the Vatican through its Doctrine of the Faith Office (the CDF), which not so long ago was named the Office of the Inquisition, issued a document (Dominus Iesus) announcing that not all religions, including other Christian denominations, are equal and that only the Roman Catholic Church is the proper church. One step forward, two steps back. Go figure." (2)
    Notes:

1) The Forge and the Crucible, by Mircae Eliade, Univ. of Chicago Press, 1956 by Flammarion, 1978 by Eliade, 2nd Edition, pg.129.

2) Shortcut to Spirituality, mastering the art of inner peace, by Bob Gottfried, Ph. D., Deeper Dimension Publishing, North York, Ontario, Canada, 2004, pg. 43.

Reading The Tao of Physics, Mandelbrot, Schumann Resonance and long ago authors like Fibonacci had me understanding more (but still not a lot) about the Earth Energy Grid two to three decades ago. http://resonance.is/free-video-access/?

It is my opinion that life on Earth is endangered by ignorance and the imposition of falsehoods upon the souls of people. Ecumenicism is something many theologians in committees or in personal conversations say they want. The Catholic Church thinks ecumenicism means burying the hatchet and letting Lutherans back into the fold and even though they no longer formally declare Judaism as a heresy their acts say otherwise. You might think what you are about to read is no longer the position of this ghastly enterprise - but this is what still passes for truth in the dogma of the most horrific institution the world has ever known.

Pope Pius IX wrote, in the 1864 Syllabus of Errors, that:

"Divine revelation is perfect and, therefore, it is not subject to continual and indefinite progress in order to correspond with the progress of human reason.... No man is free to embrace and profess that religion which he believes to be true, guided by the light of reason... The church has the power to define dogmatically the religion of the Catholic Church to be the only true religion...It is necessary even in the present day that the Catholic religion shall be held as the only religion of the state, to the exclusion of all other forms of worship... The civil liberty of every mode of worship, and full power given to all of openly and publically manifesting their opinions and their ideas conduce more easily to corrupt the morals and minds of the people... The Roman Pontiff cannot and ought not to reconcile himself or agree with progress, liberalism and modern civilization."
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-02-2015 at 10:47 AM.

Our religious leaders sometimes attempt to include science in their rationalizations of faith. If they are Buddhists they are probably right as often as not, the Tao is very scientific according to Capra and others, and you could say Qabala is scientific if you stretch yourself a little. Mostly we have a disconnect and religion is the poorer for it. When religions were in control of all education and claimed total control of science (not so long ago if you read the initial post) it was a very DARK Age. I hope those of us who detest what was done in the name of God will forgive the weak and deceived among us - enough to let them enjoy the benefit of a collective whole and true spirituality.

What happens when psychic surgeons and faith healers heal, like the minister who healed Evander Holyfield who had been barred from boxing? Energy is at work - but how? Is there consciousness in every atomic constituent or only in the god particle or quark, maybe it isn't consciousness in atomic components that healers attune with and it is just their mind. But how do average people heal themselves and their loved ones so often?

"In an interview in 1989 at the Nils Bohr Institute in Copenhagen, where Bohm presented his views, Bohm spoke on his theory of wholeness and the implicate order. The conversation centered around a new worldview that is developing in part of the Western world, one that places more focus on wholeness and process than analysis of separate parts. Bohm explained the basics of the theory of relativity and its more revolutionary offspring, quantum theory. Either theory, if carried out to its extreme, violates every concept on which we base our understanding of reality. Both challenge our notions of our world and ourselves.

He cited evidence from both theories that support a new paradigm of a more interrelated, fluid, and less absolute basis of existence, one in which mind is an active participant. 'Information contributes fundamentally to the qualities of substance.' He discussed forms, fields, superconductivity, wave function and electron behavior. 'Wave function, which operates through form, is closer to life and mind...The electron has a mindlike quality.'" (3)

“All things truly wicked start from innocence.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

“More generally, as I shall repeat in Chapter 8, one of the truly bad effects of religion is that it teaches us that it is a virtue to be satisfied with not understanding.”
    ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

“Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.”
    ― Benjamin Franklin

Is ESP an important point to be proven if we are to see ancient humans in a different light. Many humans had no speech lobes including Neanderthals who developed speech lobes through intermarriage around 150,000 years ago (despite what some journalists say who don't do research and accept whatever a distinguished group says as Gospel).

Not that I regard a word transmission as important as a thought which words often cannot express.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/innova...ach-180952868/

Balancing chhi or qi can cause food to be metabolized properly and more efficiently. It activates chakras in valuable ways which our doctors seem unable to understand - other than thousands of them who support Patch Adams. Norman Cousins cured himself of a life-threatening illness. If you look it up you will see it identified and yet the Cancer Society says it was unknown. Laughter is a worthwhile healing helper and they do acknowledge it has a long history. Of course, people are smart enough to know when they feel better and that has been true since we were animals - just look at your diggie! But I remember reading Norman talking about more than just the release of hormones while he was afflicted. Because we (science) don't understand how it happens does that mean it isn't happening?

http://www.cancer.org/treatment/trea.../humor-therapy

I sincerely hope this link will be accessible for you. It takes a spiritual journey into Kaballah and the southern tradition or Tree of Life. Numerous healers are saying great things about it and I see the Mudras (Mutras in another language) are there - which I have helped people use (Like Gurdjieff) to balance their hemispheres and combat depression, schizophrenia and ADHD etc.

http://www.signlanguageofthesoul.com...angSoul2nd.pdf

Bioprinting of eyes by 2027 is just the tip of the iceberg in human "enhancement" facing our children and society's planners. You will see Google glasses are part of the way Futurescape explains the melding of our minds to their purposes associated with controlling the World Mind. You can be absolutely certain Ray Kurzweil as Google's science guy knows more about it than anyone you will meet.

http://www.gizmag.com/mhox-3d-biopri...71c02-91426461

Kurzweil was on the convention circuit of speakers in 2001 saying things would happen by 2015 rather than 2035 as Bill Joy said would be the time for truly sentient self-replicating robots. Here is more proof that Kurzweil was correct. In fact this takes us way further than what was being discussed then.

But even though Einstein was right about the human mind having limits - soon these limits will be enhanced and possibly even removed through the use of technology combining consciousness and machines. It is even possible the machines will have a soul which might be part of the whole idea or design of what makes consciousness exist.

Much of the Bell curve in technology which powers the transformations taking place (Including Futurescape's presentation of what is happening with the collective mind or World Mind) all depends on further advances in computing speed. Quantum computing will probably make artificial intelligence as fast as the human mind in a small space of machine use - and much greater in uses where there is no cranial limit. It has been used in the huge displays at sports arenas for over a decade, you might also know about the military letting out contracts (Mr. Everitt) in 2000.

"Quantum computing is often considered one of the most logical successors to traditional computing. If pulled off, it could spur innovation across many fields, from sorting through tremendous Big Data stores of unstructured information — which will be key in making discoveries — to designing super materials, new encryption methods, and drug compounds without trial-and-error lab testing.

For all of this to happen, though, someone has to build a working quantum computer. And that hasn’t happened yet, arguably aside from that giant (and controversial) D-Wave machine. We’re a big step closer now, though. IBM researchers, for the first time, have figured out how to detect and measure both bit-flip and phase-flip quantum errors simultaneously. They also outlined a new, square quantum bit circuit design that could scale to much larger dimensions."

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/2...E261D6A44A4889
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-02-2015 at 10:50 AM.

You might think I am some kind of Christian infected apocalypse seer or wanna-be prophet when I say humanity's existence is in great danger. You might say the children of the present deserve to be free from nonsense like nuclear war which never was a threat to humanity living many more millennia, according to Dr. Weaver of the Rockefeller scientific research team and myself. You see the people who can push the button have safe places for themselves and their friends; millions of these people would actually like to start over. People like Ted Turner and others who erected the stones near Atlanta which address their desires think there are so many dangers from extreme individuals and religious fruitcakes that it is unlikely we will survive much longer. They seek a proactive solution! My solution is simple ecumenicism, and it is not a utopian impossibility as some do think.

http://www.theatlantic.com/technolog...nction/253821/

Nik Bostrom and I agree that the future humans are morally as entitled to their existence as are we. In 1984 or thereabouts Henry Kissinger spoke to the Bilderbergs about these threats in Evian, France. George Orwell, the author of '1984' was right. Stephen Hawking, Sir Martin Rees, Bill Joy, Drexler, and numerous other luminaries are on record with their reasoning about our eminent extinction. Each day that passes proves to demonstrate new or more available means for our demise. There are many members of the Judaeo/Christian/Islamic cultus who would spread a virus or access a computer at Cheyenne Mountain to get this ball rolling just for 'fun', or to prove their scripture correct, maybe getting 72 virgins in the bargain with their devils or saints.

I do not think we cannot feed many more people, I am aware of replicator technologies and nanobots. I know the latter can solve the pollution threats whenever our leaders want to end those threats. Don't put me in the over-population camp with Frank Fenner and others. And as any reader of my work knows I do not think ET is a threat like so many good Christians who buy into the elitist inspired 'chosen ones' who are demi-gods or actual Elohim etc. There is no Goff or limit to how many get to go to some mythical place called Heaven with all the boogeymen that Pope John Paul II admitted his predecessors created. But these are the dangerous types who threaten extinction of our race and many other beautiful lifeforms with the Hell they offer to create. And that Pope said both Heaven and Hell are here on Earth when we act in heinous ways to each other.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...explosion.html

The very concept of ecumenicism is foreign to most people as is the true nature of freedom. Both ends of the snake in the Oroborous come together and make an infinite sign of no beginning or end. In the Bible you hear "I am the Alpha and Omega, I am (YHVH) the beginning and the end. I AM that which was and that which will BE."

Freedom from, and freedom to
    We`re often caught between the two
    If I may and if I might
    Can I really BE this night

You are you and we are free
    To reach and help each other BE
    If the union does not exist
    Some people always raise a fist

The reality of the collective existence is well expressed in the words of Jean-Paul Sartre. He said `Love is absent space`. But we are often told it is not polite to discuss so many important things and such discourse is offensive if a person is not trained to really think or delve deeply within themself. It can be true and it can be false, simultaneously. The Rule of Complementarity says a great truth has an opposite which is also true; while a simple truth has an opposite which is merely false. This reality blows the mind of people who need black and white answers and yet it is their consciousness which is built `on weak and shifting sand` when they assert their faith is strong. In ancient Egypt the concept of Abraxas shows how there is no black or white but rather a circle or continuum from good to bad or correct to wrong. If you cannot argue either side of the issue or at least demonstrate you understand what the other person says where will a solution come from. (Ignorance!)

Many philosophical debates hover and flutter around dualistic deceits and get no advancement towards a truth or perfect potential such as Divine Providence or Nirvana contemplates. Should we expect our religions to give up the jargon and incessant referral to out-dated dogma in order to find commonality and Brotherhood. If some people need to act out and be superior in their own mind while seeking approval it is not a crime. But when laws and structured norms make basic freedoms into what society says is against the culture how can we allow abuses to continue, as in the case of the treatment of women.

"For Sartre, the human being is pure existence... One must define humanity anew out of the nothingness of an empty freedom.... that is open to everything."

https://books.google.ca/books?id=mct...tre%22&f=false
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-02-2015 at 10:46 AM.

If you were a true researcher of history and philosophy you would see all religions are started by the same people or tell the same stories for codifying laws and managing people. As Arthur C. Clarke said "religion was a necessary evil, but was so much evil necessary". Can society today get on the same page and address real issues that keep us away from Divine Providential creative potential or the work of G-d (YHVH, Cali, Krishna, Buddha, dog or cat). Is it possible to get past the need to feel superior to our neighbors due to our own insecurities?

Over a hundred years ago Robert Ingersoll wrote Some Mistakes of Moses. He knew something fishy was rotting in places other than Denmark and you should too. The Laws of Moses are behind the religions making wars and committing acts of terrorism but also they form a meme or archetype infecting every aspect of our lives and laws.There are many other dead authors whose work can be found at the following site - no doubt there are issues with trolls bugging them - so you have to agree to not be such an idiot before searching for these great books.

http://infidels.org/library/historical/

In this treatise we see an interplay between Buddhism and Christianity. I see it differently and say the Hebrew Bible started long before Buddhism but I will say Hinduism and what became Christianity start around the same time. When they say the Therapeutae of Pythagoras got a lot from Buddhist missionaries I will say that is possible but I can demonstrate Hinduism got it's start from the same place or system that originated Magianism which I connect to Pythagoras and his Druidic teacher Abaris (trans, Rabbi or 'teacher'). Arjuna in the sacred texts of India (Bharat = Baird) comes from the north. The Indian scholars are correct to refute academic colonial propaganda saying it was the 1500 BCE era and that it was at least two millennia before that. The Puranas document well over 100,000 years of civilized people and I think we are far from knowing the true origin of any religion in this period.

I think I identify far earlier origins and the refinement of knowledge and a Phoenician trading empire with a need to get order among colonies and a frequent re-taking of dominant roles in the management of those colonies when necessary over at least four thousand years BCE.

"Trade between East and West is of great antiquity. Cuneiform tablets as early as 2400 BC describe shipments of cotton cloth, spices, oil, grains, and such exotic items as peacocks from the Indus Valley region to the Middle East. We can be certain that the silk and spice routes carried more than trade goods. An Oxyrhynchus papyrus fragment from Egypt even contains a passage in a South Indian language.

Long before the word 'missionary' came to be synonymous with Christianity, Buddhist monks ('dharma-bhanakas') were traipsing across Asia. From the Buddhist heartland on the Ganges, notions of the sacred accompanied the spice and incense. Travelling the trade routes they spread their doctrines all the way from Khotan in central Asia to Antioch and Alexandria in the west.

One such visit is documented in 20 BC in Athens. A Buddhist philosopher, Zarmarus, part of an embassy from India, made a doctrinal point by setting himself alight. His tomb became a tourist attraction and is mentioned by several historians.

Clearly, the evangelists of Buddha were committed to their cause. Is it simply coincidence that the hero of the Buddhist tale is just a tad similar to the Christian superman? In both the story of the Buddha and the story of Jesus we read of a mystic or holy man, travelling from village to village. Each lives off the hospitality of the people and gets into trouble with the ruling elite by ignoring social status and taking food and refuge from prostitutes.

Is it just possible that the miracles ascribed to Jesus merely mimic the tricks practised by the 'holy men' in India?

Alexander and Asoka

Alexander (336-323 BC) carried Greek civilization to the east. Cities along the trade route – Merv, Bactra, Taxila etc. – became Greek military colonies. The Indian province in the north west – Gandhara – had been a Persian satrap before the arrival of the Greeks and here, in the 2nd century BC, Greek kingdoms with a distinctive Graeco-Bactrian culture emerged.

But the flow of culture was two way – for example, the Greeks adopted the Indian war elephant and a great deal of speculative Indian thinking. Greek philosophers, like Anaxarchus and Pyrrho, had been in the train of Alexander and had mixed with the Indian gymnosophists or 'naked philosophers.' Even the more ancient Pythagoreans may have been influenced by Indian ideas – vegetarianism, communal property and the 'transmigration of souls.'

After their conquest of the Indus valley the Greeks never again returned to the simple pantheon of their Olympian gods – and founded their first school of Skepticism (see Flintoff, E. (1980), 'Pyrrho and India', Phronesis 25: 88-108.).

At the time of Alexander, the Magadha empire had dominated the middle and upper Ganges but Alexander never got that far. Yet into the vacuum created by Alexander's departure, and bringing east and west closer together, moved Chandragupta (Sandracottus to the Greeks), founder of the Mauryan empire. He conquered Magadha, and also the Greek kingdoms of the north west and much of northern India. His empire included the northern province of Kosala, where a Hindu reformer Gautama Siddhartha (aka "Shakyammuni Buddha") began advocating his 'Middle Path' between greed and asceticism.

Siddhartha's philosophising had little consequence during his own lifetime but in 270 BC, the grandson of Chandragupta, Asoka, ascended the Mauryan throne. Initially a ruthless imperialist he seems – like Marcus Aurelius – to have spent his later life in soul-searching and pondering the afterlife.

In an action that anticipated Constantine's religious revolution five hundred years later, Asoka adopted Buddhism as a unifying and pacifying ideology for his vast empire and propagated it's doctrines with all the usual zeal of a new convert.

Judging by his still extant edicts, inscribed on rocks and stone pillars to be found everywhere from Afghanistan to south India, Asoka sought further 'conquest' beyond his frontiers by dispatching Buddhist missionaries in all directions – "Conquest by Dhamma". Carved in stone is Asoka's urging of Forgiveness:

"The killing, death or deportation of a hundredth, or even a thousandth part of those who died during the conquest of Kalinga now pains Beloved-of-the-Gods. Now Beloved-of-the-Gods thinks that even those who do wrong should be forgiven where forgiveness is possible."

By this stage the Buddha's words of wisdom had been codified into a number of "sutras", propagated by a growing number of rival sects."

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/buddha.html
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-05-2015 at 01:05 PM.

Vedanta's God is within all or as Jung said about William James's "nichts als" - 'nothing but' - the universal mind and union, James impressed Carl Jung. That is a loose interpretation that takes us to Yoga and an ecumenical society Vivekananda, Krishnamurti, Joseph Campbell, Mircae Eliade and Carl Jung had in their extended family. James is the father of the Pragmatic philosophical school of thought which seeks for what works rather than trying to prove things through direct inference and forcing ideas upon events which get in the way of real observation.

I see the influence of the likes of Yogananda, William James and other members of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, which is connected to the Illuminati of Goethe to Carlyle and Emerson. Clearly Alfred North Whitehead and Bertrand Russell were charmed by the thought of James who preceded them at Harvard. Some people see it as a close relationship with God, I see it as a close relationship with 'all that is' within the universe. That includes every individual who is part of a design that harmonizes and creates. They crossed paths with Chardin, and the Charmed Circle of Gertrude Stein, which brought intellectual emancipation and insight galore to Paris where art and ideas ran amuk existentially and beyond. Maybe it is only how they influenced me but let me put some articles and links here which include many other luminaries.

"Annie Besant, a British Theosophist and a conference delegate, described Vivekananda's impact, writing that he was "a striking figure, clad in yellow and orange, shining like the sun of India in the midst of the heavy atmosphere of Chicago…a lion head, piercing eyes, mobile lips, movements swift and abrupt." The Parliament, she said, was "enraptured; the huge multitude hung upon his words." When he was done, the convocation rose again and cheered him even more thunderously. Another delegate described "scores of women walking over the benches to get near to him," prompting one wag to crack wise that if the 30-year-old Vivekananda "can resist that onslaught, [he is] indeed a god."

"No doubt the vast majority of those present hardly knew why they had been so powerfully moved," Christopher Isherwood wrote a half century later, surmising that a "strange kind of subconscious telepathy" had infected the hall, beginning with Vivekananda's first words, which have resonated, for some, long after. Asked about the origins of "My Sweet Lord," George Harrison replied that "the song really came from Swami Vivekananda, who said, 'If there is a God, we must see him. And if there is a soul, we must perceive it.' "

The teachings of Vedanta are rooted in the Vedas, ancient scriptures going back several thousand years that also inform Buddhism, Hinduism and Jainism. The Vedic texts of the Upanishads enshrine a core belief that God is within and without—that the divine is everywhere. The Bhagavad Gita (Song of God) is another sacred text or gospel, whereas Hinduism is actually a coinage popularized by Vivekananda to describe a faith of diverse and myriad beliefs."

http://<br /> <br /> http://www.wsj....05581227233656

Annie Besant; is one of a very few women who was a Mason, brought Krishnamurti to this same height of reverence. The Masonic Society of Chicago soon after this event which brought Vivekananda to the apex of religious thought; if you think of religion as spiritual and more than mere dogma; published a set of small books by Yogi Ramacharaka. One of those books is The Upanishads in his interpretation. I learned much more reading these excellent little books or pamphlets than I did reading the Hindu, Buddhist and Lamaistic texts even when they were faithfully translated. I continue to quote this one article by the Wall Street Journal, so you will see Bucke's great friend Walt Whitman was indeed what Bucke said he was in his book Cosmic Consciousness which we have already addressed made a huge impact on me. For many decades people called me The Cosmic Kid until I was no longer a kid.

"Vivekananda's genius was to simplify Vedantic thought to a few accessible teachings that Westerners found irresistible. God was not the capricious tyrant in the heavens avowed by Bible-thumpers, but rather a power that resided in the human heart. "Each soul is potentially divine," he promised. "The goal is to manifest that divinity within by controlling nature, external and internal." And to close the deal for the fence-sitters, he punched up Vedanta's embrace of other faiths and their prophets. Christ and Buddha were incarnations of the divine, he said, no less than Krishna and his own teacher, Ramakrishna.

‘'He is the most brilliant wise man,' Leo Tolstoy waxed. 'It is doubtful another man has ever risen above this selfless, spiritual meditation.'’

Although Vivekananda was a Western-educated intellectual of encyclopedic erudition, "the descendant of 50 generations of lawyers," as he would say, Ramakrishna was for all intents and purposes illiterate. Born Gadadhar Chattopadhyay, Ramakrishna had not an iota of interest in schooling beyond the study of scripture and prayer. Fortunately, that amply met the job requirements of his post as a priest at the Dakshineswar Kali Temple. According to numerous firsthand, contemporaneous accounts, Ramakrishna—who is revered as a saint in much of India and as an avatar by many—spent a good deal of his short life in samadhi, or an ecstatic state. On a daily basis, sitting or standing, he was often observed slipping into a transported state that he described as "God consciousness," existing with neither food nor sleep. He died in 1886 at age 50.

Though Ramakrishna spoke in a village idiom, invoking homespun local parables, word about the "Bengali saint" spread through the chattering classes of India in the 1870s like a monsoon. Many who flocked to him—and declared him a divine incarnation—were educated as lawyers, doctors and engineers and were often the graduates of British-run Christian schools. His closest and most influential disciple, however, was Vivekananda (born Narendranath Datta in 1863 to an affluent family), whom he charged with carrying the message of Vedanta to the world.

Certainly, a smattering of Eastern thought had already traveled to the West before Vivekananda's arrival in the U.S. In the 1820s, Ralph Waldo Emerson had snared a copy of the Bhagavad Gita and found himself enchanted. "I owed a magnificent day to the Bhagavad Gita," Emerson wrote in his journal in 1831. The Gita would inform his Transcendentalist essays, in which he wrote of the "Over-Soul," that part of the individual that is one with the universe—invoking the Vedantic precepts of the Atman and Brahman. (In a tidy historical twist, one of Emerson's relatives, Ellen Waldo, became a devotee of Vivekananda, and faithfully transcribed the dictated text of his first book, "Raja Yoga," in 1895.)

Emerson's student and fellow Transcendentalist, Henry David Thoreau, would study Indian thought even more avidly and crafted his own practice—living as a secular monk, as it were, by Walden Pond. In 1875, Walt Whitman was given a copy of the Gita as a Christmas gift, and it is heard unmistakably in "Leaves of Grass" in lines such as "I pass death with the dying and birth with the new-wash'd babe, and am not contained between my hat and my boots." Though the two never met, Vivekananda hailed Whitman as "the Sannyasin of America.""
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-05-2015 at 01:12 PM.

Because I do not see the Buddhists as the first [proselytes selling a new thought or their particular brand of thought I keep going back past Mt. Meru where their Hindu origins originate from. I go back to nearby Ainu and the DNN - and I go back past the Puranas. More important to people today is how science is going into the future and seeing the past.

You and I both will probably never get inside the jargon which follows and yet something makes sense in it. I am wondering if the "cosmic microwave background" it mentions; is what eluded Michael Faraday and Crookes, or if they knew it; but merely could not prove it given the technological limitations of their era.

In my study of Yoga and the Tao I have seen and sensed what the ancients knew and which we now are coming close to proving. Yogananda's small book called The Science of Religion is a necessary read for any ecumenicist or person seeking for truth which is not in any one system or religion but rather in every one of them. Based on ancient teachings and eternal realities, Yogananda explains that the whole physical universe, including man, is surrounded by, and made of cosmic energy. We can, through the act of our will, release tension that blocks the energy flow to our body and mind, and draw on this infinite storehouse of life-force all around us. That life-force or Pranha and chhi (qi and other words in varied languages) allows pneumatology and Therapeutae since Pythagoras and the DNN if not before, to perform miracles.

"Inflationary gravitational waves in the effective field theory of modified gravity

Antonio De Felice, Shinji Tsujikawa

(Submitted on 3 Nov 2014 (v1), last revised 12 May 2015 (this version, v2))

In the approach of the effective field theory of modified gravity, we derive the second-order action and the equation of motion for tensor perturbations on the flat isotropic cosmological background. This analysis accommodates a wide range of gravitational theories including Horndeski theories, its generalization, and the theories with spatial derivatives higher than second order (e.g., Horava-Lifshitz gravity). We obtain the inflationary power spectrum of tensor modes by taking into account corrections induced by higher-order spatial derivatives and slow-roll corrections to the de Sitter background. We also show that the leading-order spectrum in concrete modified gravitational theories can be mapped on to that in General Relativity under a disformal transformation. Our general formula will be useful to constrain inflationary models from the future precise measurement of the B-mode polarization in the cosmic microwave background."

http://arxiv.org/abs/1411.0736

We are still limited by our insufficient technology but soon we will have a better idea of what humans have struggled to explain throughout time. Metaphysics is a realm which philosophy eschewed in favor of a science that felt it was able to grasp all of what we saw - that science was definitely wrong as we now know. Relativity was a quantum leap through curved space but gravitational wave theory is taking us way back to shamanistic or alchemical attunements.

"The Big Bang: When the Universe was very young it underwent a period of very rapid expansion. Tiny fluctuations in spacetime would have been greatly stretched during this period and could still exist today as a background of gravitational waves. This could be detected by studying the polarisation patterns in the cosmic microwave background (CMB). With current instruments it is unlikely, but not impossible that we shall be able to measure the background. However, a positive detection would allow us to better understand the mechanism that drove early inflation of the Universe and probe extremely high energy physics. The gravitational wave background would allow us to see right back to the Big Bang, much further than we can see using EM radiation."
    Can we hope to grasp how thought impacts the formation of water crystals such as Masaro Emotu demonstrated? Will our probing of space and it's vastness bring us to an understanding of what is within each molecule interacting with consciousness smaller than the god particle?

"Phase transitions: As the Universe evolves from its early state it goes through a number of phase transitions which can be associated with symmetry breaking or decoupling of forces. These transitions can create lead to several different types of gravitational radiation. As an analogy, imagine cooling water so that it begins to form ice. This is a phase transition too. Ice begins to form as small crystals that grow outwards. The same can happen in the Universe, small pockets undergo the transition and these expand out as a bubble. For certain types of transitions, gravitational waves would be emitted when bubbles collide. In other cases, topological defects are created following the transition. The analogy would be when two crystals of ice grow together, but their structures are not quite aligned, so that that there is a clear boundary, a defect or domain wall. For spacetime, two examples of topological defects are cosmic strings and domain walls; the former are 1D strings of cosmic length, whereas domain walls are 2D. Such defects are expected to be rare as they have been diluted in space by the expansion of the Universe. However, they have a unique gravitational wave signal, which should make them easy to identify. Such a detection would be an exciting discovery of exotic physics"
    http://www.ast.cam.ac.uk/research/co...tational.waves
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-05-2015 at 01:19 PM.

Our government destroys our cultural heritage, but remember they do worse things in every area of human endeavour. They should be stopping war, and it's religious indoctrination, - they should be educating for a new technological age wherein menial and advanced labour is done by robots - they should stop the war on women and tax churches into the Dark Ages they caused - they should help us, help our selves and SELF collective!

"When I was in graduate school, I used to take Biblical text study courses. Studying Torah (Bible) is another very detailed word-based discipline. Every word is thought to be significant, and we would often debate why one word may have been chosen over another, and read about what the great Rabbinic commentators' thoughts were about these choices. Detailed text study gave me a profound respect for the process of choosing words carefully.

When I learned Reiki, I became fascinated with the studies of Masaro Emotu. He determined that words have energy. Positive energy and negative energy are emitted by spoken and written words. The words absorb the intention in which they are spoken or written and emit that energy to others, water, or where the words are directed. Emotu's experiments with water are truly inspiring. Some of them involved writing the word "Peace" on a piece of paper and affixing it to a container of water, and writing the words "You Fool" on another piece of paper affixed to a different container of water. The water came from the same original source. After a few hours, droplets of the water were quickly frozen and examined under a microscope. The water with the word "Peace" had grown beautiful detailed crystals. The water with the words "You Fool" had disjointed, chaotic pieces of broken crystals, and a muddy appearance."

http://reikiawakening.blogspot.ca/20...-of-words.html

Alice Langholt is a multi-disciplinarian and healer whose words have more meaning than most scientists and academics will want to give credit for. She also uses Kundalini Reiki and no hands approaches - which means a mere thought is all we need to assist each other.

It is so sad that we pay drug pushers to abuse us and butchers to cut open our bodies. So many healers are not only more capable and disciplined they actually prevent further harm. There is a place for modern medicine but Dr. Zoltan Rona (Search for him and Daniel Matt as well as Emotu - here, to get more about all these matters.) gets it right when he says our vaunted modern medicine "is a blip" on the history of the healing arts.

The battle of importance you will not hear about in your news sources except when you are getting fed something warm and gooey is education of your soul. When did it start to be politically incorrect to discuss sex, religion and politics? Was it when the more intuitive among our species were made chattel during the time of Hammurabi, or was it when it was made law by the Catholic Empire in 397 AD? The war certainly was won by the hegemonists at the time they killed the Cathari.

Despite talking a good game and cutting back on teaching the Bible in school we are not making much progress. Will it be a different story when we get more benefit of technology?

"I. The Story of Mr. Porter

Public education is a political battlefield on which both teachers and children are at risk, especially children who live on the margins of our society. As I try to understand how teachers can protect their own integrity amid these dangers—so they can help protect the integrity of children, and of education itself—I return time and again to the memoirs of a man who grew up in Harlem during the 1920’s and 30’s.

He writes about the hardships of being a child in that time and place, about the poverty and despair that surrounded his young life, about the price that he and his community paid for the racism of American society. But he also writes about sources of light that illumined his future in the midst of what he calls “dark times”. Several public school teachers are at the top of his list, most notably…

…the never-to-be-forgotten Mr. Porter, my black math teacher, who soon gave up any attempt to teach me math. I had been born, apparently, with some kind of deformity that resulted in a total inability to count. From arithmetic to geometry, I never passed a single test. Porter took his failure very well and compensated for it by helping me run the school magazine. He assigned me a story about Harlem for this magazine, a story that he insisted demanded serious research. Porter took me downtown to the main branch of the public library at Forty-second Street and waited for me while I began my research. He was very proud of the story I eventually turned in. But I was so terrified that afternoon that I vomited all over his shoes in the subway.

The teachers I am talking about accepted my limits. I could begin to accept them without shame. I could trust them when they suggested the possibilities open to me…

I was an exceedingly shy, withdrawn, and uneasy student. Yet my teachers somehow made me believe that I could learn. And when I could scarcely see for myself any future at all, my teachers told me that the future was mine. 1

Those lines (not least, the feisty assertion that “Porter took his failure very well…”), speak deeply to me about the theme of this issue: teaching in ways “that enhance the human condition and advance social justice.” Those lines fill me with gratitude for all the Mr. Porter-like teachers who serve in American classrooms today. And they make me wonder how we can educate even more teachers of the sort Mr. Porter was.I feel certain that Mr. Porter knew mathematics well. I feel certain that Mr. Porter taught many students how to do math. But Mr. Porter’s self-definition as a teacher was not confined to his job description. He never stopped asking the most important question a teacher can ask: who is this child, and how can I nurture his or her gifts?We owe Mr. Porter a great debt of gratitude for these qualities of his heart and soul. For the student he guided toward writing was none other than the young James Baldwin, who went on to become one of the greatest writers of any time and any place.

II. Spirituality in Education

As James Baldwin tells it, the story of Mr. Porter contains no spiritual language. But it is, I believe, a story about spirituality in public education. “Spirituality” is an elusive word with a variety of definitions—some compelling, some wifty, some downright dangerous. The definition I have found most helpful is simply this: spirituality is the eternal human yearning to be connected with something larger than our own egos."
    http://www.couragerenewal.org/parker...eart-and-soul/
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-05-2015 at 01:22 PM.

It isn't just the Catholic Church who radicalizes any talk of a real one God. All Christian denominations can be found promoting more divisiveness and further spreading of their vile Gospels which were created by Rome and Empire to blame Jews for 'killing our Saviour'! 'Save your' money rather than donate to groups like this.

http://www.firstthings.com/blogs/fir...m-is-necessary

Perhaps this author has as much difficulty with English as he does with thinking and yet maybe he is right. Maybe I am wrong (Like Roger Bacon quoted herein.) and I do believe Roger was also hoping some day man would stop fighting and trying to force others to see god as they do.

"Roger Bacon (died 1294): There shall arise a…priest to reform the Church. The Greeks will return (to the Church)…there will be one fold, one shepherd (Culleton, The Prophets and Our Times, p. 149)."

Maybe Pope John Paul II was wrong to say there was no Heaven or Hell except what people do to each other here on Earth. This author believes in a devil, anti-Christ and proselytizing by any means possible. I would appear to be on the side of the Virgin Mary.

"All religions are equal before God…In God there are no divisions or religions; it is you in the world that created divisions…God directs all denominations as a king directs his subjects…It is you who are divided on the earth. The Muslims and the Orthodox, like the Catholics, are equal before my Son and before me, for you are all my children. (Ferrara C. Setting the Record Straight. The Fatima Crusader, 98, Spring 2011, pp. 19-20)

Now, while God is no respecter of persons (Acts 10:34), no real Christian believes all religions are equal before God–there is one true faith (Ephesians 4:5). But this “wonder”, that many believe in, apparently made such a proclamation."

http://www.cogwriter.com/news/prophe...ear-ecumenism/

Of course, I am not wrong to think each person who proselytizes is doing so due to their ego needs; and the long term Roman Empire-building agenda which brainwashed them by "appeals to base human urges" (Il Principe)

http://www.religion-religions.com/ht...n=Christianity

What we need is a system which can help people - not alienate them against their soul, their fellow man, their creative potential to have purpose. We had an 'extended family' before Empire. We can plan for success and not get taken down all so many garden paths.

Jesus said: "If your leaders say to you, 'Look, the kingdom is in heaven, then the birds of heaven will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is inside you and it is outside you. When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will understand that you are the children of the living father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you dwell in poverty, and you are poverty.’” (From The Gospel of Thomas found in Dag Hammadi in the postwar period.)

“Do not put yourself in front of your Self.” – Mayan saying.

"All of us are born for a reason, but all of us don't discover why. Success in life has nothing to do with what you gain in life or accomplish for yourself. It's what you do for others." - Danny Thomas

"I'm sorry, but I don't want to be an emperor. That's not my business. I don't want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone if possible - Jew, Gentile - black man - white." - Charlie Chaplin, born the same year as Hitler.

"The other shape, If shape it might be call'd, that shape had none, Distinguishable in member, joint, or limb; Or substance might be call'd that shadow seem'd; For each seem'd either; black it stood as night, Fierce as ten furies, terrible as Hell, And shook a dreadful dart; what seem'd his head The likeness of a kingly crown had on. Satan was now at hand; and from his seat The monster, moving onward, came as fast With horrid strides; Hell trembled as he strode."
    -- John Milton

“Reality is a shared Hallucination.” – Howard Bloom

"I have had dreams, and I have had nightmares. I overcame the nightmares because of my dreams." - Dr. Jonas Salk Discovered The First Vaccine Against Polio

“Fear not, nor be dismayed at the appearance that is darkness, at the disguise that is evil, at the empty cloak that is death, for you have picked these for your challenges. They are the stones on which you choose to whet the keen edge of your spirit. Know that ever about you stands the reality of love, and each moment you have the power to transform your world by what you have learned.” – One by Richard Bach who is the son of Marcus Bach and the erudite knowledge which came therefrom is in all of his books.

"Every Cause has its Effect; every Effect has its Cause; everything happens according to Law; Chance is but a name for Law not recognized; there are many planes of causation, but nothing escapes the Law." - The Kybalion

“What things soever ye desire, when ye pray believe that ye received them, and ye shall have them.” – Mark 11: 24 quoting Jesus see also Psalms 82: 6 and John 10: 34

Speaking at the meeting of the IMF in the year 2000, Vaclav Havel emphasised that the “the crucial task is to fundamentally strengthen a system of universally shared moral standards that will make it impossible, on a truly global scale, for the various rules to be time and again circumvented with still more ingenuity than had gone into their invention.”

“Art is a dialogue we have always carried out with the unknown. We have come to distinguish the contours of the unknown through the unconscious, through religion and magic and we may soon begin to understand such totally modern emotions as the feeling that we belong to the future, that our civilization is the sum of others.” – Andre Malraux.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule. - H.L. Mencken

"The clergy converted the simple teachings of Jesus into an engine for enslaving mankind and adulterated by artificial constructions into a contrivance to filch wealth and power to themselves...these clergy, in fact, constitute the real Anti-Christ.” – Thomas Jefferson

As this author says (somewhat tongue in cheek) all books of the Bible and this cult are corrupt. Savior = save your ($$)

http://www.truthcontest.com/insights...s-dogma/#page2

Aristotle referred to happiness as the most we can achieve. Demons and gods were interchangeable in the time of Homer when people had far less institutionalized manipulation of their thoughts and soulful understandings. If mankind doesn't get these hallucinations or CONstructs out of the ether and away from the dreams that ordinary people can be affected by - will mankind ever shake the hold of cults and religion? The supposed quote from Jesus in the above link is what Futurescape says machines can allow us to do now. We can "manifest" reality or "creatively realize" what occurs. The people controlling the machines will have more power than all the priests of antiquity.
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-26-2015 at 09:43 AM.

ALBERT EINSTEIN: - "I am satisfied with the Mysteries of life."

"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."

"The human mind is not capable of grasping the Universe. We are like a little child entering a huge library. The walls are covered to the ceilings with books in many different tongues. The child knows that someone must have written these books. It does not know who or how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. But the child notes a definite plan in the arrangement of the books---a mysterious order which it does not comprehend, but only dimly suspects."

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity."

"What I see in Nature is a magnificent structure that we can comprehend only very imperfectly, and that must fill a thinking person with a feeling of "humility." This is a genuinely religious feeling that has nothing to do with mysticism"

"The finest emotion of which we are capable is the mystic emotion. Herein lies the germ of all art and all true science. Anyone to whom this feeling is alien, who is no longer capable of wonderment and lives in a state of fear is a dead man. To know that what is impenetrable for us really exists and manifests itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty, whose gross forms alone are intelligible to our poor faculties -- this knowledge, this feeling ... that is the core of the true religious sentiment. In this sense, and in this sense alone, I rank myself among profoundly religious men."

Einstein saw there were people who sought to say he was religious in sense of being what they personally thought was God and he had to set them straight. Unfortunately many people have their memories tarnished by people succeeding in this propaganda that co-opts good people. He was a great man and fought most of his life for an end to standing armies. Despite the advances since his death he still makes sense in many areas of thinking including that for which he became most famous. I think this last simple quote by him says a lot.

"Two things inspire me to awe -- the starry heavens above and the moral universe within."

"Einstein died in 1955. He is best known for the theory of relativity, which states that time, mass and length all change according to velocity. Space and time are a unified continuum, which curves in the presence of mass.

The last three decades of his life were devoted to the search for a field theory which would unify gravitation and electro-magnetism.

Einstein always said that he was a deeply religious man, and his religion informed his science. He rejected the conventional image of God as a personal being, concerned about our individual lives, judging us when we die, intervening in the laws he himself had created to cause miracles, answer prayers and so on. Einstein did not believe in a soul separate from the body, nor in an afterlife of any kind.

But he was certainly a pantheist. He did regard the ordered cosmos with the same kind of feeling that believers have for their God. To some extent this was a simple awe at the impenetrable mystery of sheer being. Einstein also had an urge to lose individuality and to experience the universe as a whole.

But he was also struck by the radiant beauty, the harmony, the structure of the universe as it was accessible to reason and science. In describing these factors he sometimes uses the word God, and sometimes refers to a divine reason, spirit or intelligence. He never suggests that this reason or spirit transcends the world - so in that sense he is a clear pantheist and not a panentheist. However, this reason is to some extent anthropomorphic, and to some extent involves Einstein in a contradiction.

His religious thinking was not systematic, so he never ironed out this discrepancy. But it seems likely that he believed in a God who was identical to the universe - similar to the God of Spinoza. A God whose rational nature was expressed in the universe, or a God who was identified with the universe and its laws taken together. His own scientific search for the laws of this universe was a deeply religious quest.

Einstein's attachment to what he once called `the grandeur of reason incarnate' led him into the longest battle and the greatest failure of his life. He was implacably opposed to Niels Bohr's interpretation of quantum physics. Bohr believed that matter was fundamentally indeterminate, and our knowledge of it limited to probabilities.

Einstein's comment, "God does not play dice," became notorious. The phrase uses the present tense, not the past. This suggests that Einstein was probably not referring to the fact that a creator God would not in the beginning have created a universe in which chance reigned supreme. Rather he may have meant that as God or reason incarnate, the universe could not be governed by chance alone." (1)

He also said these most insightful yet unfortunate words of truth.

"How is it possible that this culture-loving era could be so monstrously amoral? More and more I come to value charity and love of one's fellow being above everything else... all our lauded technological progress - our very civilization - is like an axe in the hand of the pathological criminal."
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-05-2015 at 01:31 PM.

Ecumenicism requires laws to be enforced against any party regardless of so-called separation of church and state. In India they made a law many decades ago that said young women could not be thrown on the funeral pyre of the old fart that bought them for an ox or part thereof. It still is a Hindu tradition. We need to change immigration laws and re-educate parents or all of our society.

"“Our women are precious to us.” That is the typical Muslim response when asked about the treatment of women in Islam. Women are covered from head-to-toe because they are so “precious,” and in the West, domestic abuse is higher in the Muslim enclaves than in the neighborhoods of the natives because women in Islam are “valued so highly.” Female genital mutilation is apparently another way to demonstrate how women are treated like queens by their Muslim families, and getting flogged or even beheaded for getting raped also proves how special women are in the “religion of peace.”

Honor killings are another wonderful example of the treatment of women in Islam. Recently in Pakistan, a man and his two accomplices killed his sister for allegedly having “illicit relations” with a neighbor. In another Pakistani case, a woman, her aunt and cousin were all killed in an honor killing because the woman left her husband to marry another man. The other two women helped her, and the jirga, assembly of tribal elders, decided that they must be killed. No, it wasn’t madness or a crime of passion but an official decision made by what is essentially the governing group there because women are “precious” in Islam."

http://chersonandmolschky.com/2013/1...t-women-islam/

I don't even want to type what I think about humans when I consider how we went to war to protect the Kuwaiti Royals who are allowed to murder their maids who they abuse all the time.

https://books.google.ca/books?id=PEk...sia%22&f=false

Then there is this about Chinese culture (or lack thereof).

Professor Gu replied by saying:

”Having concubines is out of a husband’s love and care to his wife. Man is as if a teapot and woman is as if a tea cup: A teapot with 4 tea cups can make a set, but a tea cup with 4 teapots cannot”.
    Virginia Woolf said, “My greatest adventure was undoubtedly Proust. What is there left to write after that?” Who are you to argue with Virginia Woolf?

You may have seen the movie WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF yet not remember anything she wrote, so here is a sample of her great insight on nations.

"Therefore if you insist upon fighting to protect me, or ‘our' country, let it be understood, soberly and rationally between us, that you are fighting to gratify a sex instinct which I cannot share; to procure benefits which I have not shared and probably will not share; but not to gratify my instincts, or to protect myself or my country, ‘For', the outsider will say, ‘in fact, as a woman, I have no country, As a woman I want no country. As a woman my country is the whole world.' And if, when reason has had its say, still some obstinate emotion remains, some love of England dropped into a child's ear by the cawing of rooks in an elm tree, by the splash of waves on a beach, or by English voices murmuring nursery rhymes, this drop of pure, if irrational, emotion she will serve her to give to England first what she desires of peace and freedom for the whole world." (3)

I would love to live to see the day we have religious taxes {Graduated from small to massive.} for churches who do not follow reasonable laws and make an effort to help society deal with the problems those churches have created. This is an outreach that has value in this regard.

http://www.healthpolicyinitiative.co...oolkit_acc.pdf
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-05-2015 at 01:34 PM.