Thread: Radioactive Waste heating our Oceans

Radioactive Waste heating our Oceans

Of course there are many reasons to be concerned about radioactive waste. Maybe you will be lucky enough to have new technology address your children's mutations before they are born.

Cactus Dome in the Pacific is leaking radioactive material into the Pacific and affecting the water temperature which might soon melt the glaciers. The atomic testing in the French Polynesian Islands is not going away. Like the Energizer bunny it keeps on giving or going. There is nothing being done to stop the release of methane and nitrous oxide from the Tundra which alone can raise the water level enough to cause most humanity to have to move (Where?). I saw a TV show with a scientist talking about this occurring in this present decade.

"Lots of good thinking here. Maybe some day the US will admit they went the radioactive route for military reasons - rather than Thorium. Maybe the US is responsible along with their allies like Canada whose Chalk River site offered my father a job after the war and his time in Nuremberg.

Ufology said something which adds to a larger issue than Fukashima.

internationally approved nuclear waste dump site ( I responded wherever that is ).

One such site was built while I lived in Vegas. They built it in Yucca Mountain. After the LA earthquake centered near Lake Arrowhead the foundation of my house had a crack. Yucca Mountain is closer to LA. The whole area has many fault lines, The different kind of earthquake that hit LA more directly and caused more damage due to underground cross currents of energy (I forget the terminology for this kind of earthquake.) was measured at less energy on the Richter Scale. It has less effect on me in Vegas than the above noted one. I was in the house when this one hit and it shook my house a little - Vegas is over 150 miles away.

Having discussed how to get rid of Nuclear waste most of my life, I know there is no easy answer. It was said by some in this thread that containers can be used. Be careful about that if you live near Utah where nerve gas canisters are eroding. I have suggested sending such things by spacecraft into our sun, but how does one get it close enough to combust without disintegrating and polluting a large area of our solar system. Maybe one of you people who talk to the Watchers can get them to help."

http://www.theparacast.com/forum/thr...e-earth.13805/
    Last edited by R_Baird; 11-27-2015 at 04:35 PM.

We will have a solution to getting rid of radioactive waste in 2050 if we survive that long. The Japanese are building a space elevator some 78 km. into space and a platform there can take cannisters of waste to direct into the sun, by attaching little guided motors due to zero gravity it should be cost effective and little risk. Too much risk firing rockets from Earth.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...month.html

"Environmental activist Erin Brockovich has accused U.S. authorities of lying about how much toxic wastewater spilled from a Colorado mine and fouled rivers in three Western states.

Brockovich, made famous by the Oscar-winning movie in which she was portrayed by Julia Roberts, sensationally claimed 'millions and millions of gallons' was spilt.

Her allegation came during a visit to the nation's largest American Indian reservation, where she saw the damage and met with Navajo Nation leaders and farmers affected by last month's spill."

The movie Thunderheart tells a lot of these things. Kilmer was dynamite in it.
    Last edited by R_Baird; 11-27-2015 at 04:36 PM.

http://www.theparacast.com/forum/thr...e-earth.13805/

Kaku is always interesting and usually worth listening to and researching further.

Chernobyl is finally being cleaned up??! I guess the international community was hoping Russia or some actual responsible party would take care of it. A storage facility is not a real solution, just a newer Band-Aid.

"April 20, 2016

The plant is derelict. After the No. 4 reactor exploded in the early-morning hours of April 26, 1986, its other reactors were gradually taken out of service and the sprawling complex hasn't produced a watt of electricity since 2000. Just a few hundred meters (yards) away from the hulk, hundreds of workers labor to construct a vast and remarkable structure that is to be the first step in removing the tons of radioactive waste that remain.

The 2-billion-euro ($2.3 billion) New Safe Confinement project, funded by international donations and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, is a race against time — though, unsettlingly, how much time can't be known. After the explosion and the fire that spewed a cloud of fallout over much of northern Europe, Soviet workers constructed a so-called sarcophagus over the reactor building, a concrete and steel structure aimed at keeping waste from escaping into the atmosphere.

The rush-job construction, completed in just five months, was designed to last only about 30 years and has shown signs of serious deterioration. When the new structure, which resembles a 30-story Quonset hut, is finished, it is to be slowly moved on rails over the sarcophagus and reactor building. After that, robotic machinery inside the structure will begin dismantling the sarcophagus and the destroyed reactor and gather up the wastes to be transported to a nearby storage facility. Under current plans, that process is expected to begin in 2017."

http://www.mail.com/int/business/eco...2-stage-mmm1-1
    Last edited by R_Baird; 04-20-2016 at 03:56 AM.