Thread: Carlos Castaneda

Carlos Castaneda

There was a time in my life when I was more impacted by Carlos and Don Juan than any other school of thought. It lasted a few years and prepared me for a lot more.

Did Carlos Castaneda de-materialize or simply mind-fog the paparazzi and journalists who would wait in the building of his publisher to talk and take photos of him? He would duck into a stairwell and people coming up and down in that stairwell who were willing to spend many hours for many months would not see him. Is this connected to dimensional or quantum jumping? Carlos wrote about the Impeccable Warrior which I think is applied Magian Law. Specifically it is just one of the three Magian Laws and the one I have spent studying for over 50 years - Right Thought = Right Action. The following excerpt says shamanism began in Siberia - if they were referring to the Ainu and DNN I would like that but I am certain Eliade would agree with me - it began millions of years before they existed. It also says you can be immortal if you follow their path. I tend to think Carlos was not becoming immortal but he may have become more aware of the collective his consciousness was part of and thus his immortal soul retained an element of personal memory that normal people do not take with them.

""Shaman" is a word with many meanings. A shaman is a seeker of Knowledge who works in alignment with Spirit – not only the knowledge of what we think of as "the real world" but the deeper knowledge traditionally associated with other dimensional planes, and the realm of the Immortal – or, more accurately, the realm of the eternal being. Shamans are found in all cultures, and though the purpose of this site is not to serve as a history of shamanism, it is widely believed that the first shamans came from Siberia, and that the word itself translates loosely to “self-healed madman.” That healing is the process of gathering one’s personal cohesion, and evolving toward Wholeness within the infinite.

The word "Spirit" as it is used here is not intended to convey any extant deity, but instead the always-moving, sentient universe which George Lucas undoubtedly intended when he wrote of "the force" in his Star Wars saga. {Which George said was from Joseph Campbell's work.}

However we label it or attempt to categorize it, there are systems of knowledge which may be gleaned directly from the universe itself through a process called gnosis. Inside all of us is the code, the spirit, if you will, which some mystics have called "the right way to live." I'm not speaking of morality within our human society, for much of what we think of as right and wrong are only agreements within the consensual continuum – and therefore subject to change depending on our culture of the time period in which we live.

For example, here in the western world, we have been taught that monogamy is right and polygamy is wrong – and yet that is only a cultural agreement, with which many other cultures on this earth would strongly disagree. Instead, the right way to live is an inherent, living force which permeates the universe, and communicates with shamans, sorcerers, magicians, warriors, and all seekers of Knowledge directly. It is through that living force that we find our connection to the infinite.

Of course, learning the right way to live is only one small segment of a much larger system of Knowledge. Don Juan, a Yaqui Indian serving as mentor to Carlos Castaneda, called this system of knowledge sorcery, though that is a word much misunderstood and much maligned. Others have called it "applied gnosis." Still others refer to it as "scrying the mind of the gods." No matter what we call it, it is a natural part of our human ability, and though we have been programmed through traditional belief systems to think it doesn't exist, or indoctrinated with the dogma of religions to view this Knowledge as forbidden, the simple truth is that it is the very key to our personal survival beyond death, and it is accessible to any of us willing to make the long and difficult journey of self-Realized evolution.

This is the shaman's journey, for the shaman is someone who has seen the world for what it is, someone who has fallen into its traps and its illusions, only to finally – through will and Intent – heal herself of the madness by embracing and realizing the power of the Whole Self.

To some, shamanism is a calling, a natural instinct. To others, it is embraced by choice and may actually be learned on an intellectual level until such time as it permeates the Self and becomes an intrinsic way of life. Shamanism does not belong exclusively to any culture, and it is not a religious practice in that it does not rely on faith or belief, but instead on direct personal experience and interaction with the realms of Spirit.

Now, with the arrival of quantum mechanics, we know we are not merely insignificant entities watching the universe go by. We are literally part of it through our consciousness, our perceptions, and the very molecules of which we are made. We are co-creators of reality, yet only when we begin to understand the awesome power within ourselves will we be able to evolve beyond our primitive belief systems which enslave us to the dust even though we've had the stars at our fingertips all along.

Within the very fabric of the universe itself – not only around us, but within us, down to a molecular level – there exists a non-local web of information which literally houses all the collective Knowledge of all that has ever been or ever will be. It is that wellspring of information which has been traditionally tapped by mystics, seers and prophets, yet it is available to any of us who are willing to go out on a limb and peer down into the abyss to confront the simple truth that our lives and our entire existence are nothing like what we have been taught to believe.

The quantum shaman, then, is someone who seeks Knowledge from the Olde and the Knew, someone who seeks to Realize their full potential by obliterating the illusions and misconceptions of ordinary life in order to become aware of and empowered through the cohesion of the Whole Self. This is the nature of spiritual evolution – where a single, continuing point-of-view is maintained into eternity.

The quantum shaman is within each of us.

Immortality itself is within our grasp."

http://www.quantumshaman.com/html/whoistheshaman.htm
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-18-2015 at 08:41 AM.

ANTHROPOLOGY:

There are so many examples of forced 'direct inference' theorization rather than 'observation and conclusion' to fit all facts in every area of science. Anthropologists in Polynesia kept telling the native people that they came from S. E. Asia despite the native assertions that they came from South America or even the Nootka/Haida nation of the Pacific Northwest. Thor Heyerdahl proved the natives were correct. The lack of willingness to accept that humans were inventive and ingenious enough to create rafts is nearly funny. There is botanical proof that Hawaii's vegetation is not all indigenous and came from the Caroline Islands of 1500 miles away. A cable TV documentary showed how the rites of the Caroline Islanders involve a bailing kind of movement and they established that as long ago as 150,000 BC these islanders traveled to Hawaii on huge rafts with outriggers. The jungles' vines and logs would make a raft in even the earliest times of hominid development.

The anthropologists as a whole are more open-minded despite having made many judgement errors that conventional thinking and the funding process have contributed to in a big way. We are constantly finding the facts and opinions of what academia calls mavericks are able to enlighten the past in all disciplines of anthropology and archaeology. Gimbutas and Campbell have followed a long line of independent thought from Humboldt and Hawkes through Petrie and Marshack. In the end they have brought mythology to the foreground through the use of techniques like the space photos and now we have solid state chemistry and genetics to blaze new trails. There is still a lot of small-minded provincial 'pissing-contests' between the differing disciplines but there are a lot of exciting things being achieved. The cases of researchers spending up to twenty years working and living with natives, who tell them what they want to hear because they are gracious and kind, are numerous. (6) The value systems of our researchers who want to position themselves and the Euro-Centric financial backers as more civilized are rife in the annals of what some say is far from a science.

When a native group being held under academic scrutiny and subject to logical linear mindsets actually is able to educate the 'experts' about their culture it is the exception. Often such things are not funded because the data doesn't 'fit' the prevailing literature. Carlos Castaneda was an anthropologist from UCLA who made a major breakthrough on his own. Even his debunkers have to admit he has brought a great deal of insight to the field as a whole. Dr. Wayne Dyer owes a great deal of the thought involved in his You'll See it, When You Believe It! to the work of Carlos Castaneda and his Toltec mentor Don Juan. It is possible that all of our research into human behavior has more to learn than we think we already know. That might mean we are wrong about many key things. One of the most obvious things that our cultural bias foists upon the data is the relative importance we place on intellect rather than spirit.

When the University of Virginia found the lymph system which is connected to both psychic points and chakras is now scientifically proven to connect with the brain in 2015 it was a great day for sensitive people who have had to endure the barbs of barbarians who insist there is no such thing as ESP or no way to prove it. The head of the project noted it would mean all the textbooks will have to be changed - and I look forward to a few apologies, but won't hold my breath.
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-23-2015 at 07:59 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysbHreGrSYc

A new book by Carlos was something I looked forward to as I learned how to learn and activate aspects of learning beyond the normal waking state logical paradigm. I miss the excitement!

"In this book Carlos recapitulates the lessons of all his earlier books, subsuming the various techniques under the "position of the assemblage point." What he learned from Don Juan Matus in the early books that dealt with drug trips on mescaline and Jimpson Weed, he learns again as movements and shifts of his assemblage point. The variety of altered states of consciousness that Carlos was whiplashed into and out of so abruptly by Don Juan and Don Gennaro were the results of masterful manipulations of his assemblage point by these two trickster sorcerers.

Don Juan explains the assemblage point as a visible vortex of energy, a convergence of the visible lines of force that form a luminous egg around a living being. The location of the point where the lines assemble is determined by and determines a person's world. A Quaker would have a different position of his assemblage than a Methodist would, a football player a different position than a librarian, etc. Each set of beliefs we hold determine our assemblage point. A change in belief systems can move our assemblage point, and a change induced in our assemblage point can drastically alter our world in time, space, and belief systems.

Don Juan and friends had moved Carlos' assemblage point many times throughout the adventures chronicled by Carlos in his earlier books. They usually adjusted his assemblage point by striking him on the shoulder blades. Carlos would immediately enter an altered state and sometimes a completely different world. In this book Don Juan teaches his pupil how to move his own assemblage point for fun and profit . . . and terror. Terror is an ever present element in Don Juan's teaching forays with Carlos, and the reader is never sure whether the danger to Carlos was ever as real and life-threatening as Don Juan said it was. After all, Carlos does survive every one of them, and he is obviously convinced that the dangers to him are real.

The art of dreaming per Don Juan begins with seeing your hands in your dreams. This is usually the first step offered in any book on "lucid dreaming." In my first few efforts at following Don Juan's instruction, I did not notice my hands while I was dreaming, but a curious thing happened afterwards: in remembering my dreams, I saw my hands during the dreams.

The Art of Dreaming is the crowning achievement of the works of Carlos and a tour de force. It is the most important and intriguing of all his works because of the meta-light it sheds on all the others."

http://www.doyletics.com/_arj1/artofdre.htm
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-18-2015 at 08:37 AM.

Just because we can use words to describe people who say they follow a certain path does not mean they are truly on that path or even that they care even a little about what that path entails.

http://www.williamjames.com/History/SHAMANS.htm

Psychedelics - Ayahuasca Explorations

In the following blog we see people who may know something even though they spell psychedelic wrong. I think the first person makes a good point about people (Hancock, McKenna, Icke) ripping off and losing the real benefit of the culture the sacred potion comes from. I know Don Juan used mescaline to take Carlos away from his materialistic focus but stopped drug use thereafter. I trust Aldous Huxley did not go far off the deep end. I certainly think these drugs have helped humanity see things and do things that did enhance their lives throughout human evolution.

As the person talks about the context of the culture I think that includes spiritual guides and attunements passed down with the nature around them. A visitor would take a long time to get that as much as might be necessary and excess drug use would not help. It probably is a genetic transfer of information just as the monkey babies who were taken to an area they had never been in Japan but they knew where the food was left by humans because their parents had known it. More to the point - I would only trust the outcome if hard factual evidence was gleaned or located - and I do not think it is the case with Hancock, Icke or Mc Kenna. LSD is the best cure for alcoholism and it was stupid to stop using it for what it was designed for.

For the locals with a focus on these rituals and associated dancing etc - major difference and growth potential such as you see the old man in Australia moving the fire to John Glenn passing overhead in Mercury or the movie The Right Stuff. The adepts who learn the old ways can do what Crocodile Dundee did with the Water Buffalo in his path - this I am certain about as I am with affecting the wind and rain for Druids like St. Columba. In short I am not 100 % certain Hancock is not learning and getting some valid insights to past or very distant anthropological knowledge. I have experienced bibliomantic things of a similar and amazing sort. I am not the MOST gifted person who ever did these things. I have never used anything more than marijuana - but some of it was cured with LSD or opiates etc. I really did not heighten my insight by their use.

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index...c=4585.55;wap2

Now you may think genetic info transfer such as the schools set up by St. Germain in Vienna which I have written about in some of my books (Including those on Hitler) is pure poppycock. I know there is this kind of thing in my life.

Here is research which explains it genetically, but you have to combine what I said above - they are just starting to find out these things (like the lymph system to brain and psychic points as well as chakra stuff I have reported). I am not kidding - I know more about this stuff than the people spending billions of bucks on it.

"The research published in the open access journal Genome Biology focuses on the use of horizontal gene transfer, the transfer of genes between organisms living in the same environment.

'This is the first study to show how widely horizontal gene transfer (HGT) occurs in animals, including humans, giving rise to tens or hundreds of active 'foreign' genes,' said lead author Alastair Crisp from the University of Cambridge.

'Surprisingly, far from being a rare occurrence, it appears that HGT has contributed to the evolution of many, perhaps all, animals and that the process is ongoing, meaning that we may need to re-evaluate how we think about evolution.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...#ixzz3ugc10efc "

In my oldest brother's assignment or course addressing Simone Weil he says she understands the detachment required in being an Impeccable Warrior and that a Vedantist Professor will be there to lead one small group and explain it. He says it is central to the Vedantist path.

I say he knows little about the Impeccable Warrior - though maybe as much as the Quantum Jumping people. I would hesitate to say even Carlos knows it as well as he could. Don Juan is definitely a great teacher and if my brother thinks they know these things - he is deluded - which is what Weil was saying ego causes.

Here is my reply to his assertions - he did thank me for what I quoted from her about the detachment required for true wisdom.

Have you read Castaneda? I think Dan Millman and Wayne Dyer both regard the Impeccable Warrior concept as something monumental. I say it includes Right Thought = Right Action. It is far more than mere beauty and the words you say Weil says it is. If you include the phrase "He who is Least Selfish is most SELFish" in your speech or coursework and "To BE or NOT to be", you will cause thinking - and that is no simple matter. It might even make a difference.

I will say it has roots in the Keltic Creed which says NO FEAR (of anything above or below - and combines two Magian Laws - of only THREE) so you could say it has something to do with Unitarianism as much as Christianity was Magian - and such an argument can be made.

That argument has not been made by Weil and it takes many books for me and Carlos. Carlos goes further in describing the rituals he experienced in order to get to what is now being touted as Quantum Jumping. Whole new techniques are not likely in that rip off that includes Silva Mind Control. Perhaps rip-off is a little too strong a phrase.

If your Professor the Vedantist is a person who knows why Lahiri Mahasaya has Sarman for his middle name and can describe the gymnosophist dances and Gurdjieffian connections then I suppose you will be able to say you got somewhere.