Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cultural Impacts on Evolving Species

http://www.shamanism.com/

And you may think I am berserk to claim a connection exists with the soul or spirit, also known as the mind. But that is what I have said ever since I noticed the lymph system is connected with psychic points in my 20s. I could say I told you so. No I will say I told you so. It will be good to see the brain-mapping done at Harvard which shows yogis and mystics in states of esoteric bliss and healing, integrated with consciousness and this study.

"In a stunning discovery that overturns decades of textbook teaching, researchers at the University of Virginia School of Medicine have determined that the brain is directly connected to the immune system by vessels previously thought not to exist.

That such vessels could have escaped detection when the lymphatic system has been so thoroughly mapped throughout the body is surprising on its own, but the true significance of the discovery lies in the effects it could have on the study and treatment of neurological diseases ranging from autism to Alzheimer’s disease to multiple sclerosis.

“Instead of asking, ‘How do we study the immune response of the brain?,’ ‘Why do multiple sclerosis patients have the immune attacks?,’ now we can approach this mechanistically – because the brain is like every other tissue connected to the peripheral immune system through meningeal lymphatic vessels,” said Jonathan Kipnis, a professor in U.Va.’s Department of Neuroscience and director of U.Va.’s Center for Brain Immunology and Glia. “It changes entirely the way we perceive the neuro-immune interaction. We always perceived it before as something esoteric that can’t be studied. But now we can ask mechanistic questions."

He added, “We believe that for every neurological disease that has an immune component to it, these vessels may play a major role. [It’s] hard to imagine that these vessels would not be involved in a [neurological] disease with an immune component.”

Kevin Lee, who chairs the Department of Neuroscience, described his reaction to the discovery by Kipnis’ lab: “The first time these guys showed me the basic result, I just said one sentence: ‘They’ll have to change the textbooks.’ There has never been a lymphatic system for the central nervous system, and it was very clear from that first singular observation – and they’ve done many studies since then to bolster the finding – that it will fundamentally change the way people look at the central nervous system’s relationship with the immune system.”"
    http://news.virginia.edu/content/res...-immune-system

Robert Anton Wilson told Timothy Leary about Fuller's math with supported what Leary was observing in his research and formulating. It engenders many so-called occult pathways for energy and wisdom (which is an energy or conscious connection thereof) or spirit. Science is getting closer to making these things understandable and useful - maybe even using to too cause the World Mind to do as we (They, more likely) want. Where you find Leary talking about four families of elements existing extra-terrestrially I say you should regard them in a similar way to the Yogic stages of enlightenment which Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs focused on the lower elements or layers of, stages, families and layers being similar.

The minimum number of entry points for a mandala is four and usually it turns into eight which includes the secondary forces. The universal Harmonic mirrored in the Trees of Life have one extra force which is invisible or integrative as you saw in the Enneagram. It is called Kether in the Hebrew or southern Tree. I may be wrong but through spirit or consciousness we can attune to the Kether and more quickly understand all of our learning style's potential such as Howard Gardner of Harvard now has developed. It really does not matter if this is a brain function we can map, because it has already been used. It works! In yoga they say we have seven chakras inside and five outside. I am going to say the five outside ones coalesce into the Third Eye and makes the eight stopping points of the Mudras and Mutras in another language. It is like the clock with your eyes closed for fifteen seconds on each stage until the whole circle is finished and then you look straight up to the Third Eye between your eyes. But that would leave me wondering where the invisible integrative force is in the chakra map which does mirror the neurophysiological charts even though it was understood many millennia ago. Is there a spirit force upon which the body rests - within the DNA? There is more work to bring all these things into science and maybe through science all people will be able to learn what only the highest adepts can do - take their whole body energy into other realms.

"The Law of Octaves was first suggested by Pythagoras in ancient Greece. Having observed that the eight notes of the conventional Occidental musical scale were governed by definite mathematical relationships, Pythagoras proceeded to create a whole cosmology based on 8s. In this octagonal model Pythagoras made numerous mistakes, because he was generalizing from insufficient data. However, his work was the first attempt in history to unify science, mathematics, art and mysticism into one comprehensible system and as such is still influential. Leary, Crowley and Buckminster Fuller have all described themselves as modern Pythagoreans.
    In China, roughly contemporary with Pythagoras, the Taoists built up a cosmology based on the interplay of yang (positive) and yin (negative), which produced the eight trigrams of the I Ching, out of which are generated the 64 hexagrams.

In India, Buddha announced, after his illumination under the Bodhi tree, the Noble Eightfold Path. Patanjali subsequently reduced the science of yoga to eight "limbs" or, as we might say, eight "steps."

The game of chess appeared, somewhere in the East, with a grid based on 8x8 (64) squares.

Kepler discovered the laws of planetary motion serendipitously, while trying to make the planets fit into the Pythagorean octave.

In the 1860s, English chemist John Newland showed that all the chemical elements fall into eight families. Since Pythagorean mysticism was unfashionable at that time, Newland was literally laughed at and rejected by the Royal Chemical Society. In the 1870s, with much more detail than Newland, the Russian chemist Mendeleyev proved once and for all that the elements do, indeed, fall into eight families. His Periodic Table of the Elements, an octave of hauntingly Pythagorean harmony, hangs in every high-school chemistry class today. (The Royal Society later apologized to Newland and gave him a Gold Medal.)

Nikolai Tesla invented the alternating current generator which unleashed the modern technological revolution after a series of visions in which, among other things, Tesla "saw" that everything in the universe obeys a law of Octaves.

Modern geneticists have found that the DNA-RNA "dialogue"—the molecular information system governing life and evolution—is transmitted by 64 (8x8) codons.

R. Buckminster Fuller, in his Synergetic-Energetic Geometry, which he claims is the "co-ordinate system of the Universe," reduces all phenomena to geometric-energetic constructs based on the tetrahedron (4-sided), the octet truss (8-sided) and the coupler (8-faceted with 24 phases). Fuller argues specifically that the 8-face, 24-phase coupler underlies the 8-fold division of the chemical elements on the Mendeleyev Periodic Table.

In 1973, unaware of Fuller's coupler—which I called to his attention later—Dr. Leary began to divide his 8 circuits into a 24-stage Periodic Table of Evolution (see diagram). Leary also began attempting to correlate this with the Periodic Table of Elements in chemistry.

The eight families of elements are:
    1.Alkalis
    2.Alkalines
    3.Borons
    4.Carbons
    5.Nitrogens
    6.Oxygens
    7.Halogens
    8.Noble Gases
    The first four families, Leary argues, are terrestrial; that is, they are heavy and tend to fall to Earth. The second four families are extraterrestrial; that is, they tend to float off into space. Similarly, he says, the first four circuits of the nervous system are terrestrial; their function is to control survival and reproduction at the bottom of the 4,000-mile gravity well in which we presently live. The second four circuits, then, are extraterrestrial; they will come into full play only when we live normally in zero-gravity—in free space."

http://deoxy.org/eoctave.htm
    Last edited by R_Baird; 03-19-2016 at 10:38 PM.

The mind is not alone in our body or our soul. Put that in your pipe for an hour or two and then consider what your spirit and experiences are part and parcel of. Is the collective mind something you can attune with as you make love? What effect will that have on the genes you are sharing and passing on to our future society? This is the realm of social engineering about to make waves, perhaps.

Stress effects are genetically passed from generation to generation. If this experiential type of data is transferred through our genes - imagine how much like a computer chip our brains truly are? Or is this like Horizontal gene transfer in lesser life forms which I think occurs in all life forms and explains what we have called intuition? I have written about occult genetic information transfer for decades, and I see many current science proofs are in line with what I wrote. The most important one being the lymph system which I connected with psychic points charts and chakras as a teenager, now proven to exist in the brain as of 2015, at the University of Virginia (Kevin Lee).

I say we can heal ourselves and if we learn to address this properly as we grow up it will make our offspring more adept at many things. St. Germain set up schools in Vienna to accentuate these abilities and he never aged a day according to Voltaire - in the 50 years he knew him. That does not mean he was immortal as some fraudsters are out there selling.

There are possible ways to ensure this does not happen if we make love only when we have been stress free, perhaps. Does this mean aggression in our kinks or ways of making love is not good? Would gestation in gravity free environments for a few hours a week help? When does the information get embedded?

"A father’s stress may directly affect his son’s health.

In mice, males exposed to repeated psychological stress developed high blood sugar — and so did their unstressed male offspring, researchers report online February 18 in Cell Metabolism. Stress appeared to alter chemical tags on the DNA in a male’s sperm. These epigenetic tweaks were then passed onto male pups, which produced higher levels of blood sugar-generating proteins in their livers than mice sired by unstressed fathers. If the frazzled fathers received daily doses of a drug that blocked stress hormones before mating, their sons’ increased blood sugar was mostly prevented, the team found.

The results call for further exploration of how a father’s experiences or actions — for example, smoking or exposure to toxins — may impact his children’s health, the scientists say."

https://www.sciencenews.org/blog/sci...pic&context=87

" Positive liberty is the possibility of acting — or the fact of acting — in such a way as to take control of one's life and realize one's fundamental purposes."

The fundamental purpose of every conscious soul ultimately becomes filling their life (lives if you want to see your role in something collective) with meaning such as RIGHT thought = Right Action. This became the crux of Frankl's work based on his time in Nazi concentration camps and known as Logotherapy. The book is small but powerful medicine - Man's Search for Meaning. I like to think all religions would agree this is Divine Providence but that might require some special motivation like taxing them to get them to agree their scriptures should be interpreted that way, rather than encouraging wars and misogyny or racism.

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/li...tive-negative/

Manly Hall has given many learned people a lot to think about and yet it would appear most academics involved in linguistics have little or no awareness of his excellent scholarship. We need to crack all codes in symbology before we can honestly say we know what technology and wisdom the ancients had. The language of the birds or BRDs is one of the most ancient systems which I think evolved into the Hermetic Green Languages used by the likes of Goethe (Founder of a Jesuit short term Illuminized group most people ramble on about as if it is all there was.), Thomas Carlyle in Sartor Restartus, Jonathan Swift and many more. In my work on Shakespeare I uncovered Francis Bacon using code to claim the works of his friend William whose work he published. It took about 50 years for some people to decipher it and now there are many who think it means Bacon wrote Shakespeare. Such is the way of ignorant ego among pretenders to knowledge. As Hugo knew, Shakespeare also wrote in hermetic code.

"The arcana of the ancient Mysteries were never revealed to the profane except through the media of symbols. Symbolism fulfilled the dual office of concealing the sacred truths from the uninitiated and revealing them to those qualified to understand the symbols. Forms are the symbols of formless divine principles; symbolism is the language of Nature. With reverence the wise pierce the veil and with clearer vision contemplate the reality; but the ignorant, unable to distinguish between the false and the true, behold a universe of symbols. It may well be said of Nature--the Great Mother--that she is ever tracing strange characters upon the surface of things, but only to her eldest and wisest sons as a reward for their faith and devotion does she reveal the cryptic alphabet which is the key to the import of these tracings.

The temples of the ancient Mysteries evolved their own sacred languages, known only to their initiates and never spoken save in the sanctuary. The illumined priests considered it sacrilege to discuss the sacred truths of the higher worlds or the divine verities of eternal Nature in the same tongue as that used by the vulgar for wrangling and dissension. A sacred science must needs be couched in a sacred language. Secret alphabets also were invented, and whenever the secrets of the wise were committed to writing, characters meaningless to the uninformed were employed. Such forms of writing were called sacred or Hermetic alphabets. Some--such as the famous angelic writing--are still retained in the higher degrees of Masonry.

Secret alphabets were not entirely satisfactory, however, for although they rendered unintelligible the true nature of the writings, their very presence disclosed the fact of concealed information--which the priests also sought to conceal. Through patience or persecution, the keys to these alphabets were eventually acquired and the contents of the documents revealed to the unworthy. This necessitated employment of more subtle methods for concealing the divine truths. The result was the appearance of cryptic systems of writing designed to conceal the presence of both the message and the cryptogram. Having thus devised a method of transmitting their secrets to posterity, the illuminati encouraged the circulation of certain documents specially prepared through incorporating into them ciphers containing the deepest secrets of mysticism and philosophy. Thus medieval philosophers disseminated their theories throughout Europe without evoking suspicion, since volumes containing these cryptograms could be subjected to the closest scrutiny without revealing the presence of the hidden message."
    http://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/sta/sta42.htm
    Last edited by R_Baird; 04-18-2016 at 01:04 PM. Reason: add content

There are many links to lymph system science and microbiological science efforts to grasp the impacts of the new brain paradigm evolving which Sal has placed in the thread Hi iSal. This is my response to many things we are discussing there.

Dear Sal

Many things to say.

Some questions first.

1. A life size homunculus - did I miss how that could be?

2. Should we differentiate all these little people? I do not see the Cherokee myths of little people fitting with the dwarf people (Hobbit type perhaps) Fell found in graves in Kentucky. Yes, the way legends go the size could be exaggerated but up to the knee? I think a leprechaun is more of a vision or non-material, perhaps dimensional.

3. But what with all this science I have predicted in the connections of psychic points and lymph system - also the neuro map for the whole body to chakra maps of many millennia ago - it is possible that some of us have far more soulful advancement and almost a different brain - see Dyslexia to Indigo Child and Einstein's brain. My lady was a bit of a little person herself and there were many psychic things between us - for years after we were not together as well. So was my Ogham mentor a little person (as well as a Commando in WWII). We (three) never got together but I imagine it would have been a real trip! I am going to say they could de-materialize almost as much as my lady in the de-materialization thread (and a reason I want to go to SE Asia includes what she learned there as well as her hubby who was a Rishi). I had an effect on the Cherokee lady and my Ogham mentor that would have given them the energy they would have used innately - I am guessing. There are many other psychic vampire type experiences I have had with people - I could recount.

4. Thus I have proposed that St. Germain set up schools in Vienna to teach how to get genetic information transfer Now it will be a frosty Friday in Hell before I imagine one of the hard sciences wanting to discuss this with me - but the Psychical Research Foundation party I went to - included people who did indeed enjoy my developing insights on the matter. I have learned a lot since then - and forgot almost as much probably.

5. There is so much we will learn and so much I love to see coming to pass - sometimes I am near to hysterical. Can we develop this thread on evolving human potential to the point of usefulness or making the machines which incorporate Suggestopaedia and free energy?

You say something that begs that question - and I do not mind if the words mind/brain and spirit are enjoined - even with soul - but it will help if we can define the new and evolving nature of the meaning of these words. I would say brain and mind are physical and spirit and soul are layers of consciousness which also includes extra-dimensional grokking.

In the last post(s) discussing the continuous research connecting the brain to the lymphatic system clearly demonstrates exciting developments within the functions of our body and brain. Yet, the question remains where does our mind fit into the equation. Is the mind equivalent to the brain or is it connected to a soul? Furthermore does a cultural belief effect or have an affect on ones progressive evolution correlating with a body/mind connection?
    Then you include the Vietnam cultural milieu and I remember seeing their exhibit at the San Francisco (near the Bridge in the park) show around 1996 in October I think. I was with my last wife - a boat person therefrom. The language of that region in the millennium before Christ was the same as the Denhe and Basque with some speakers of it in Central America. The French designed the new language or alphabet around the 17th Century. Theraveda Buddhism connects to the Essenes and Pythagoras. Therapeutae went past mere 'humors' which only superficially cover the ways of energy - see Ayurveda and such. I hope to see the festival in Phuket, Thailand with the people on fire - walking down the street! Tony Robbins and others only scratch the surface of what goes on - and I almost want to return with my mind (personality) intact to see what happens in forty years or so(assuming humans still exist).

I have lots to connect the worldwide travels through SE Asia to Central America in earlier times too.

But back to the Cherokee - they are Iroquoian white blood and connected to Poverty Point, Phoenicians and all those names for the travellers. There was a major highway connecting the area of Atlanta today to the mound people of the Hopewell area. The Mayan and Olmec left evidence and artifacts all over the whole of the Southern US. See the thread on the Atl-atl weapon system.

The neurosciences have been held back in large part due to an understandable focus on physical proof. When it comes to physical proof we have far better insights due to fMRI, SPECT, PET and other brain imaging technology. I used to think false memory technology would find a use in our justice system but it appears lawyers and the overall Empire of moral turpitude will not allow it. Maybe politicians do not want to be hooked up and shown for what they are. I wish I was joking or maybe I should say humour often has an element of insight that logic does not.

Would it surprise me (now that we have psychic points chart proof of a physical connection between the brain and the already obvious chakras, and lymph systems) to see better diagnostic data or scientific insight by bombardment of our brain with ethereal or psychic energy? We have the God Helmet and newer technologies to connect people to the World Mind according to what you see in the threads on Futurescape and Persinger's god helmet. Will CERN offer up the means to explore inner space in our most sacred connection through the god particle research?

"It is essential to interpret a mutation's effect within a well-characterized neural system; mutations can be used to define gene function only when the mutation has an effect on a system whose constituents form a serial causal chain, such as the molecular components of a signal transduction pathway. Typically, however, genetic mutations with a cognitive and behavioural phenotype are characterized by specific effects on different systems whose inter-relationships are unknown. Genetic approaches are currently limited to exploring neuronal function; it is not yet clear whether they will throw light on how neuronal connections give rise to cognitive processes. We need a much greater integration of different levels of understanding of cognition in order to exploit the genetic discoveries. In short, a rapprochement between molecular and systems neuroscience is required."
    http://brain.oxfordjournals.org/content/122/11/2015

Massage, what food we eat, how we think and so many things of our culture including dancing, singing and laughter affect our genes just as Masaro Emotu demonstrated by playing music to water as it freezes. Every form in every symbol focuses energy and there are more "forms" and designs inside our genes than you can shake a (a caduceus includes the helical genes which also are serpents or dragons which ancients may have used to clone humans according to Genesis of the Grail Kings) stick at.

The Aether is being used in ways beyond what Ingo Swann did as part of the Government black ops budgets. It can be used in conjunction with the Earth Energy Grid that Persinger (Dr. of Geophysics) uses. I know this is a fact.

http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/Davidson.pdf

Further thought from the above treatise dovetails with much of what I have written here about mind control.

"Dr. Thelma Moss at UCLA determined the brainwave patterns for
    various emotional and physical states. These patterns, recorded on a
    chart recorder in two dimensions, can be projected into a subject to
    produce a desired effect. The projected pattern is again three
    dimensional and thus a structured Shape. Dr. Michael Persinger has
    found that thoughts occur in the brain as three dimensional forms, which
    are reduced by instrumentation to two dimensional patterns.
    The Egyptian god Thoth was keeper of the Words of Power, used to
    produce controlled phenomena when spoken with the correct intonation
    and pronunciation. In the case of Isis healing her child of a fatal
    scorpion bite, the use of a specific word of power caused the poison to
    be expelled from the body and the lifeforce to return. Other legends and
    myths also refer to the use of such words of power. The words of power
    produced a three dimensional pattern which would resonate with the
    aether to produce a desired effect or reality in matter or energy.
    Edward Leedskalnin, builder of the famous Coral Castle in Homestead,
    Florida claimed he had rediscovered how the Egyptians built the
    pyramids. We must take him seriously because he left the entire castle
    as a physical proof of his ability to move large stones without the use of
    equipment. Neighbors said he 'sang' to the stones, but there was never
    an eyewitness to testify to this technique. Perhaps he discovered the
    words of power that could be used to produce an aether and gravity
    deflection pattern leading to levitation.

One of the greatest problems with Shape Power at its current stage, is
    the lack of instrumentation that can directly detect quantified changes in
    aether."
    http://forum.world-mysteries.com/thr...=3126#post3126
    Last edited by R_Baird; 11-25-2015 at 08:43 PM.

I think we are at a nexus and sense the perfection of means in academia is forthcoming as the psychic brain research (Lymph system proof) combines with the afterlife research of Kubler-Ross (Moody, Vivekananda Society included Campbell and Krishnamurti etc.) combines with Thelma Moss mentioned above - in mind control inclusive of god helmets and Futurescape. Jean Houston and those ladies just mentioned all go together in time and place - I suspect in more ways as well. I see Gregory Bateson as your Troubadour like Jung and Campbell are to me. I think they are all in line with Teilhard de Chardin and other truly Illuminized thought. Sifting out the weeds of discord in some people's impressions of what Enlightenment is and who are truly Illuminati is very difficult - at least for me.

Sal posts many excellent links in the thread Hi iSal.

How this thread evolves in relation to human potential ... IDK ... although your mention of Jean Houston (not sure which thread) led to her blog post back in 2011 - Culture and Human Capacities (It is a live link at the other thread.)

Part of my work has been to study, collect, and apply a portion of the inventory of human capacities as they have developed around the world under different environmental and social conditions. How Africans walk and think and celebrate spirit, how the Chinese teach and study and paint, how Inuit people experience vivid three dimensional inner imagery, how the Balinese learn to perform any manner of artistic endeavor so rapidly and with such high craft, how a tribe along the Amazon raises happy and non-neurotic children, why certain children in India raised amidst traditional music develop extraordinary skill in mathematics–these are capacities no longer limited to place and culture. In this new world of hybrid vigor, all these potentials once nurtured in separate societies are now available to the entire family of humankind.

In this time of much change and the compounding of complexity, we need to use capacities that we never knew we had–or ones rarely used or even lost, perhaps, since childhood or the childhood of the race. We might refer to these capacities as evolutionary accelerators. They serve to propel us from beneath the surface crust of sleepy consciousness and our own human nature and biology. They serve, too, to help us get beyond the shuttering of our local cultural trance so as to have the courage and capacity to nurture the forms of the possible human and the possible society. For there is no question but that we are patterned and coded with potentials few of which we ever learn to use. It is as if we had in our body and mind a vast orchestral range of a million keys, and we have learned to play but a small fraction. The journey to discover what these missing keys are and how they can be used is what my life is all about.

I have tried to bring this model to schools throughout the world with varying success. In Asian countries which were once part of the Raj, one must first lift the prison gates of nineteenth-century British education (which the Brits themselves have long abandoned). I have tried to convince both teachers and government administrators that the old medium is no longer adequate to the new messages beaming at us from the world and time. Now, in the new millennium, we can no longer be educated for the year 1926 or earlier. Yes, we must continue to learn to read and write and cipher, but we also need to embrace an education for liberating the ability to imagine, to dream, and to expand the limits of the possible. We require education at its edges, education that guides us through the munificence of our capacities and inspires us to become stewards of this most critical time in human history. My life has been a search for the education that would nurture this goal and make it happen. And the places where I learn the most about how to do this is in other cultures.

In studying culture, I discover that yes there are basic things you must look at for it is culture that probably defines our humanness, that defines who and what we are and what we care for. It is culture that mediates the cosmos to the community, that mediates the cosmos to the brain, to the soul, to the very depths of who and what we are. Culture–that is, art, religion, poetry, dance, cooking, education, myth, spirituality, games, styles of dress, rituals of passage, sexual preferences, rituals of passage, science, play, courtship, sports, music, language, ways of defining work, storytelling, gesture (as well as inner gesture), and recreation. It is all of these that mediate the great patterns of archetypal evolutionary charge to the human social grid of reality. Cultures are the organs and enzymes of the body of society.

Where there is a culture there is always an open moment, there is always the availability of ourselves to be coded and gifted from the Deep World. How often have you listened to a piece of music, done a dance, stood in awe before a sculpture, and felt the Deep World available to you? Without the grid of culture in society we would have no availability to the Depths, or very little. Where culture is trivialized or leveled, then little can come through unless we go beyond culture into absolute silence and deep listening to the cosmic culture and its music and messages.

Cyberneticists were all the rage on the management convention circuit in the 70s. Dennis Waitley said we could program our brain in a Garbage In - Garbage Out manner. Now we are seeing we can also affect our brain evolution and cultures have done this for millennia. Can you say Genetic Information transfer - which I have championed more than any author I know. It was 1979 or thereabouts when I attended a pricey seminar at the Hyatt Hotel in Yorkville (It might have been named the Four Seasons or something else - the hotels sell each other properties as if they were going out of business sometimes.). The main speaker was a Miami Dolphins football coach (not the head coach) - and yes, sports psychology has taken quickly to all new methodologies.

These modern researchers are now struggling with a name or words to express themselves. Look to mysticism - it is there.

"The meme is an evolutionary replicator, defined as information copied from person to person by imitation. I suggest that taking memes into account may provide a better understanding of human evolution in the following way. Memes appeared in human evolution when our ancestors became capable of imitation. From this time on two replicators, memes and genes, coevolved. Successful memes changed the selective environment, favouring genes for the ability to copy them. I have called this process memetic drive. Meme-gene coevolution produced a big brain that is especially good at copying certain kinds of memes. This is an example of the more general process in which a replicator and its replication machinery evolve together. The human brain has been designed not just for the benefit of human genes, but for the replication of memes. It is a selective imitation device.

Some problems of definition are discussed and suggestions made for future research.

The concept of the meme was first proposed by Dawkins (1976) and since that time has been used in discussions of (among other things) evolutionary theory, human consciousness, religions, myths and mind viruses (e.g. Dennett 1991, 1995, Dawkins 1993, Brodie 1996, Lynch 1996). I believe, however, that the theory of memes has a more fundamental role to play in our understanding of human nature. I suggest that it can give us a new understanding of how and why the human brain evolved, and why humans differ in important ways from all other species. In outline my hypothesis is as follows.

Everything changed in human evolution when imitation first appeared because imitation let loose a new replicator, the meme. Since that time, two replicators have been driving human evolution, not one. This is why humans have such big brains, and why they alone produce and understand grammatical language, sing, dance, wear clothes and have complex cumulative cultures. Unlike other brains, human brains had to solve the problem of choosing which memes to imitate. In other words they have been designed for selective imitation.

This is a strong claim and the purpose of this paper is first to explain and defend it, second to explore the implications of evolution operating on two replicators, and third to suggest how some of the proposals might be tested. One implication is that we have underestimated the importance of imitation.
    The new replicator

The essence of all evolutionary processes is that they involve some kind of information that is copied with variation and selection. As Darwin (1859) first pointed out, if you have creatures that vary, and if there is selection so that only some of those creatures survive, and if the survivors pass on to their offspring whatever it was that helped them survive, then those offspring must, on average, be better adapted to the environment in which that selection took place than their parents were. It is the inevitability of this process that makes it such a powerful explanatory tool. If you have the three requisites - variation, selection and heredity, then you must get evolution. This is why Dennett calls the process the evolutionary algorithm. It is a mindless procedure which produces "Design out of Chaos without the aid of Mind" (Dennett 1995, p 50).

This algorithm depends on something being copied, and Dawkins calls this the replicator. A replicator can therefore be defined as any unit of information which is copied with variations or errors, and whose nature influences its own probability of replication (Dawkins 1976). Alternatively we can think of it as information that undergoes the evolutionary algorithm (Dennett 1995) or that is subject to blind variation with selective retention (Campbell 1960), or as an entity that passes on its structure largely intact in successive replications (Hull, 1988).

The most familiar replicator is the gene. In biological systems genes are packaged in complex ways inside larger structures, such as organisms. Dawkins therefore contrasted the genes as replicators with the vehicles that carry them around and influence their survival. Hull prefers the term interactors for those entities that interact as cohesive wholes with their environments and cause replication to be differential (Hull 1988). In either case selection may take place at the level of the organism (and arguably at other levels) but the replicator is the information that is copied reasonably intact through successive replications and is the ultimate beneficiary of the evolutionary process."
    http://www.susanblackmore.co.uk/Articles/cas01.html

Along with a God particle we now have a god gene according to Dean Hamer. Some authors like Ted Chu in Human Purpose and Transhuman Potential: A Cosmic Vision of Our Future Evolution are recommending we look back to mystics just as Morowitz did in my oft-quoted Re-Discovering the Mind.
    Last edited by R_Baird; 11-30-2015 at 02:03 PM.

A good way to develop attunement and empathy is mimicking a dog or cat in their sounds and behaviour until you can just look at the animal and utter the essence of what you know about it - with a new cat or dog even. The essence of the OTHER is their 'aspect' in some disciplines. In Yoga a soft-focus can come to exist in which you are ready for what you imagined in your dreams or dream work including lucid dreams - and portalling. I do wish them well in simplifying their research to gain that connection.

I am sorry to say Stanford using the NLP designation as if it is Natural Language reeks of something rotten - in more than just Denmark and when I see Susan Blackmore inventing vMemes or "temes" I almost vomit. The idea of balancing your learning attitude or "aspect" is old - so old it existed before language. YHVH or the I AM consciousness is just as old.

"Susan Black*more is dedicated to under*stand*ing the sci*en*tific nature of con*scious*ness. Her latest work cen*ters on the exis*tence of memes — little bits of knowl*edge, lore, habit that seem to spread them*selves using human brains as mere car*ri*ers. She’s explor*ing the exis*tence of a new class of meme, spread by human tech*nol*ogy. It’s temporarily named the “teme.”

If ‘Memes’ are ideas, habits, atti*tudes, knowl*edge … ‘vMemes’ are their con*tainer, the way we think about Memes. These vMemes are the foun*da*tion of our val*ues, what we hold true, impor*tant, which we are not con*scious about, and which drive ALL our actions and thoughts.

To learn more, dis*cover your and other people’s vMemes, under*stand what deeply moti*vates peo*ple, and improve com*muni*cat*ion and there*fore effec*tive*ness, reg*is*ter for the ‘Think*ing Styles’ week end course (which includes 3 online assess*ments, free if you sign up before the dead*line). Click HERE and select “Think*ing Styles” course in the sched*ule of work*shops. This course is a must if you work with peo*ple (coach, HR man*age*ment, trainer, recruiter, educator…)"

- See more at: http://www.themastermindsgroup.com/b...ness/#more-814

The stars showed up in the cut and paste because they imbed some triggering NLP I guess. I removed some to leave those I think I can SEE. Temporal - ly would have worked too. I moved the star in com*muni*cation to leave the muni of munificence - guess why. I put the cat in just because of my introduction to aspects through something I have done especially well with black cats.
    Last edited by R_Baird; 11-30-2015 at 07:50 PM.

In this article we have the call for a new physics which can explain all so many psychic things - maybe soon I will be sought out by agencies interested in learning something - NAH!

There are many places I would love to add this to - and will under Cultural Effects on Evolving Species. I wish I could just add it to my books too.

The above examples all refer to quantum teleportation, and given that we are all made up of atoms, it lends belief to the possibility that one day we will be able to teleport full physical objects, but some studies, at the highest levels of government, suggest that it’s already been done.

There are different categories of teleportation. Again, the two examples I used above are refereed to as quantum teleportation. Another type of teleportation is psychic, which is the conveyance of persons or inanimate objects by psychic means.

“It became known to myself, along with several colleagues both inside and outside of government, that anomalous teleportation has been scientifically investigated and separately documented by the Department of Defense.” (3) – Eric Davis, Ph.D, FBIS

A paper published in the Peoples Republic of China (PRC) in September 1981, in the journal Ziran Zazhi (Nature Journal) tilted “Some Experiments on the Transfer of Objects Performed by Unusual Abilities of the Human Body” (Shuhuang et al., 1981) reported that ‘gifted children,’ were able to cause the teleportation of small, physical objects from one place to another. Objects included watches, horseflies, other insects, radio micro-transmitters, photosensitive paper and more. The participants never touched the objects beforehand. The experiments were done under both blind and double-blind conditions, and the researches involved came from various colleges and sectors of the Department of Defense.(3) This is an exceptional case, because it was deemed necessary that an unclassified Intelligence Information Report be prepared for public viewing.

More research was done by the Aerospace Medicine Engineering Institute in Beijing, in July of 1990. It was published in the Chinese Journal of Somatic Science (Kongzhi et al., 1990: Jinggen et al., 1990; Banghui; 1990). This study reported several experiments involving high speed photography video taping, which was able to capture the transfer of test specimens like nuts, matches, nails, pills and more through the walls of sealed paper envelopes, sealed glass bottles and tubes, sealed plastic film canisters and more without the walls of any of these containers being breached. All of these experiments reported using gifted children and adults to cause the teleportation of various materials.(3)

In all of the examples, it was reported that the test specimens remained in their original state after teleportation, including the insects.

“The Chinese papers are all extremely interesting and very well written, and they show photographs and schematic diagrams of the various experimental setups. The experimental protocols were explained in lengthy detail, and through data and thorough data and statistical analysis were presented in the results.”
    (3) Eric Davis, Ph.D, FBIS

The experiments showed that:
    •Different research groups designed different experimental methods, used gifted psychics, different sealed containers and test specimens that were to be teleported
    •Time required for teleportation of the test specimens through various barriers was anywhere from a fraction of a second to several minutes, it didn’t matter which test specimen was used.
    •The high-speed photography/videotaping recorded test specimens melding or blending with the walls of sealed containers, and then simply disappear from inside the container only to reappear at another location.
    •The Radio Micro-transmitter used as a test specimen changed in frequency dramatically during teleportation, researchers concluded that this indicated that the specimen was “nonexistent,” or in another altered physical state during teleportation. The frequency of the transmission were stable before and after teleportation
    •The experimental results were all repeatable
    •The conditions for fraud and sleight of hand were totally eliminated, and multiple outside witnesses (technical and military-intelligence experts) were present at all times

Obviously, the scientists could not offer an explanation to explain the results.

“Some researchers state that it is necessary to invoke a new physics, which somehow unifies the human consciousness (i.e., physics of consciousness) with quantum and spacetime physics, in order to understand psychic teleportation and related PK phenomena. The researchers were amazed by their repeated results, and were barely able to fathom the altered “state of being” that test specimens underwent during teleportation.” (3) – Eric Davis, Ph.D, FBIS

This was the conclusion given by Eric W. Davis, in the same report cited throughout this article, done for the United States Air Force, at their research lab which was approved for public release3)

“The results of the Chinese Teleportation experiments can simply be explained as a human consciousness phenomenon that somehow acts to move or rotate test specimens through a 4th spacial dimension, so that specimens are able to penetrate the solid walls/barriers of their containers without physically breaching them.” – Eric Davis, Ph.D, FBIS {See book by Richard Bach)

This is just another example of many that demonstrate the validity of consciousness, and the many different influences it can have on our physical material world.

Related CE Articles:

Shocking Discoveries Made: Studies Confirm The Reality Of Remote Viewing

Psychokinesis: Another Example Of How Consciousness And Reality Are Intertwined

The Illusion Of Matter: Our Physical Reality Really Isn’t Physical At All

Mind Over Matter: Princeton & Russian Scientist Reveal The Secrets Of Human Aura & Intentions

If Thoughts Can Do This To Water – Imagine What They Can Do To Us

The Star Gate Project: Did the US Government Really Shut It Down?
    All of the above articles also fit here in many places - Emotu and RV are well covered already. Got to wonder what size of crow the skeptics like Shermer are eating.

http://www.collective-evolution.com/...on-to-another/

Just because we can use words to describe people who say they follow a certain path does not mean they are truly on that path or even that they care even a little about what that path entails.

http://www.williamjames.com/History/SHAMANS.htm

Psychedelics - Ayahuasca Explorations

In the following blog we see people who may know something even though they spell psychedelic wrong. I think the first person makes a good point about people (Hancock, McKenna, Icke) ripping off and losing the real benefit of the culture the sacred potion comes from. I know Don Juan used mescaline to take Carlos away from his materialistic focus but stopped drug use thereafter. I trust Aldous Huxley did not go far off the deep end. I certainly think these drugs have helped humanity see things and do things that did enhance their lives throughout human evolution.

As the person talks about the context of the culture I think that includes spiritual guides and attunements passed down with the nature around them. A visitor would take a long time to get that as much as might be necessary and excess drug use would not help. It probably is a genetic transfer of information just as the monkey babies who were taken to an area they had never been in Japan but they knew where the food was left by humans because their parents had known it. More to the point - I would only trust the outcome if hard factual evidence was gleaned or located - and I do not think it is the case with Hancock, Icke or Mc Kenna. LSD is the best cure for alcoholism and it was stupid to stop using it for what it was designed for.

For the locals with a focus on these rituals and associated dancing etc - major difference and growth potential such as you see the old man in Australia moving the fire to John Glenn passing overhead in Mercury or the movie The Right Stuff. The adepts who learn the old ways can do what Crocodile Dundee did with the Water Buffalo in his path - this I am certain about as I am with affecting the wind and rain for Druids like St. Columba. In short I am not 100 % certain Hancock is not learning and getting some valid insights to past or very distant anthropological knowledge. I have experienced bibliomantic things of a similar and amazing sort. I am not the MOST gifted person who ever did these things. I have never used anything more than marijuana - but some of it was cured with LSD or opiates etc. I really did not heighten my insight by their use.

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index...c=4585.55;wap2

Now you may think genetic info transfer such as the schools set up by St. Germain in Vienna which I have written about in some of my books (Including those on Hitler) is pure poppycock. I know there is this kind of thing in my life.

Here is research which explains it genetically, but you have to combine what I said above - they are just starting to find out these things (like the lymph system to brain and psychic points as well as chakra stuff I have reported). I am not kidding - I know more about this stuff than the people spending billions of bucks on it.

"The research published in the open access journal Genome Biology focuses on the use of horizontal gene transfer, the transfer of genes between organisms living in the same environment.

'This is the first study to show how widely horizontal gene transfer (HGT) occurs in animals, including humans, giving rise to tens or hundreds of active 'foreign' genes,' said lead author Alastair Crisp from the University of Cambridge.

'Surprisingly, far from being a rare occurrence, it appears that HGT has contributed to the evolution of many, perhaps all, animals and that the process is ongoing, meaning that we may need to re-evaluate how we think about evolution.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...#ixzz3ugc10efc "

Imagine the use of gene transfer technology when we know how to enhance the soul or brain uses, or even just the specific gene that allowed Einstein's brain to be larger!

http://www.nature.com/mt/journal/v15.../6300278a.html
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-18-2015 at 10:57 AM.

So we have evidence of mind-body connections and some attunement to plants affecting gene structure at some level - scientifically. How about going beyond the cultural or mental aspect of energy affecting and being enhanced through the Harmonic ether - with machines or sound and light?

From molecular cell engineering to biologically inspired engineering

DE Ingber - Cellular and Molecular Bioengineering, 2008 - Springer

... The emerging area of Synthetic Biology provides ways to engineer complex gene circuits that ...
    Ingber DE The riddle of morphogenesis: a question of solution chemistry or molecular cell
    engineering? ... Cellular harmonic information transfer through a tissue tensegrity-matrix system ...

Cited by 6 Related articles All 10 versions Cite Save
    http://link.springer.com/article/10....0006-x#/page-1

I was only able to read a little of this but it does seem to be on the right track even though limiting current approaches to medical applications and device development. It does briefly mention a role for nature - which is what I think must become a more significant part on the mix at some point. The complex gene circuitry could be akin to bio-ram in self-replicating robot work started in the late 1990s. Spinach chlorophyll receptors had reached the whole circuit state in 2006 or thereabouts. But I am really trying to focus non a more human future and not the transhuman one Hillis and Bostrom imagine or are engineering.

Can epigenetic stressors include focused thought or meditational attunement. We are assured this is the case in many genetic and psychological areas of study. We are on the verge of being able to know how to change our physical structure just as Michael Valentine Smith did in the classic Robert Heinlein book 'Stranger in a Strange Land'.

"Even at this early stage in the study of human genes, research findings are beginning to reveal the scope of the issues that lie ahead. Long-held distinctions between the effects of genes (nature) and the environment (nurture) can be viewed in new ways. Both genetics and environmental factors may influence the same biological substrates; accumulating evidence suggests, for example, that the adverse impact of environmental stressors can be reversed by pharmacological manipulations. Researchers have discovered that learning gives rise to long-term memory, leading to changes in the expression of genes and structural alteration of the brain—in short, that the activity of genes themselves can be influenced by environmental factors."

http://www.columbia.edu/cu/alumni/Ma...Mysteries.html

"Human animal embryos are being created to test drug therapies and manufacture body parts or chemicals to sell on the market. Because these bizarre GMO creatures are not 'human', there are no laws around their development or use. Anything goes. Theoretically, an animal/human could be created to be a hybrid sex slave for humans, with no rights, and available for 'ownership, patenting, and wholesale production.

REUTERS; SCIENTISTS WANT DEBATE AROUND ANIMALS MADE FROM HUMAN GENES

"Do most of us care if we make a mouse whose blood cells or liver are human? Probably not," he said. "But if it can speak? If it can think? Or if it is conscious in a human way? Then we're in a completely different ballpark."
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-24-2015 at 04:44 PM.