Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cultural Impacts on Evolving Species

Cultural Impacts on Evolving Species

Carrying on from a now far reaching thread titled Hi iSal we have one of many ideas deserving a new thread - and even a new segment or sub-section of Philosophy and Science. It could even go into Human hybrids like I think the D'Ainu did.

Sal has linked a book by Richerson and Boyd and university studies addressing the American Northerners and Southerners. They propose Lamarckian evolutionary impacts that include our mind affecting our body or what has been called 'qualitative' impacts rather than 'quantitative' changes that focus on Darwin's competitive SURVIVAL of a species. It is not the Nature versus Nurture debate though there is an element of that psychology we could consider. Darwin might think scarcity of resources alters the species who pursues those resources and thus he allows the mutations are teleologically interconnecting the whole harmonic interplay - but he had to stay on track with a part of a larger whole. I think his detractors in religious circles were not always wrong - and there is Intelligent Design but that design in not just ABOVE - it is WITHIN (or Below from the law of the Magi).

It deserves a whole book to deconstruct my sense of discomfort though agreeing with the obvious impact (to me it is obvious) that our energy spent on thinking impacts our mind, body and spirit - there are numerous threads here addressing these revivalist notions which ancients knew better than we grasp today. The threads Shamanism and Consciousness, the Mind/Spirit Machine, Epigenetics, all threads about Harmonics, archetypes, gematria, memes and linguistics (which is far more than languages or semiotics) are involved. Each of these threads could be a chapter in a book. All of it would have to address alchemy - past and present, physical and spiritual as well as intrapersonal integrations like Bhakti, Tantra and Kundalini in Yoga.

"Culture is crucial for understanding human behavior. People acquire beliefs and values from the people around them, and you can’t explain human behavior without taking this reality into account. Murder is more common in the South than in the North. If Nisbett and Cohen are right, this difference can’t be explained in terms of contemporary economics, climate, or any other external factor. Their explanation is that people in the South have acquired a complex set of beliefs and attitudes about personal honor that make them more polite, but also more quick to take offense than people in the North. This complex persists because the beliefs of one generation are learned by the next. This is not an isolated example. We will present several other similar well-studied examples demonstrating that culture plays an important role in human behavior. These are only the tip of the iceberg—a complete scholarly rehearsal of the evidence would try the patience of all but the most dedicated reader. Culturally acquired ideas are crucially important for explaining a wide range of human behavior—opinions, beliefs, and attitudes, habits of thought, language, artistic styles, tools and technology, and social rules and political institutions.

Culture is part of biology. An insult that has trivial effects in a Northerner sets off a cascade of physiological changes in a southern male that prepare him to harm the insulter and cope with the likelihood that the insulter is prepared to retaliate violently. This example is merely one strand in a skein of connections that enmesh culturally acquired information in other aspects of human biology. Much evidence suggests that we have an evolved psychology that shapes what we learn and how we think, and that this in turn influences the kind of beliefs and attitudes that spread and persist. Theories that ignore these connections cannot adequately account for much of human behavior. At the same time, culture and cultural change cannot be understood solely in terms of innate psychology. Culture affects the success and survival of individuals and groups; as a result, some cultural variants spread and others diminish, leading to evolutionary processes that are every bit as real and important as those that shape genetic variation. These culturally evolved environments then affect which genes are favored by natural selection. Over the evolutionary long haul, culture has shaped our innate psychology as much as the other way around."
    Before the above quote they had addressed the herders or Scots/Irish that were the predominant gene stream in the South whereas the more civilized North had English, German and Dutch denizens. I posit if they had gone further north to Cape Breton or Newfoundland they would have observed the Scots/Irish in an more suitable constructed environment where their codes of conduct still retain the OLD CULTURE and Brotherhood.

I would ask them to watch the movie Gangs of New York to see how the cauldron of New York City and political greed made strange bedfellows who DEvolved? I also have noted that Southerners and Maritimers like to fight - in order to become friends. Honour being a good part of a more lawful and ancient system which the English sought to destroy (see my work including Jonathon Swift and the english destruction of land use - Keltic and Iroquoian ownership by the ALL - which lead to the Brutti return to Etruscan regions and the founding of Rome which was later usurped by the Equestrian class and thus an end of SPQR). Damn that parenthesis would take three books to explain!

This thread should not be addressing Darwinian evolutionary theory as much as the psychological impacts of a spiritual continuum (and vice versa) which psychologists like the authors of The Wonder Child addressed. I have covered a lot from that book in the thread The Third Eye which is also included in the W-M blog. Here is some of the thought in that thread which we always have to guard against over-looking or over-emphasizing as we attempt to reduce nature into words. How did the ancients so accurately depict the Thalami - they were advanced medical practitioners with prosthetics and much more - see Ebers Papyrus, Edwin Smith Codex and more.

"It is also very interesting to note that the drawing of the Eye of Horus very much matches the cross section of the mid brain where the thalamus, the pineal and pituitary glands are situated. The pineal gland is often said to be the “third eye” and a centre of spirituality and of spiritual insight, which can be developed in a person.

It’s as if the Eye of Horus could be a depiction of the thalamus as the eye ball with the corpus callosum the eye brow above and the medulla oblongata (brain stem) and the hypothalamus being the two markings below. If this is what they were drawing but calling it the Eye of Horus, does it suggest they considered the mid brain to be the seat of consciousness or even of divine consciousness or “Horus consciousness”? Horus being a sun god and symbolic of the universal Christ, a spiritual force which a suitably prepared person can merge with."

http://consciousreporter.com/spiritu...ll-seeing-eye/

The extreme cases of denial and brainwashing from science are not done by scientists. Usually it is people who failed in advancing their scientific career who will be found beating a drum of reductivist thinking which reduces life to only that which THEY can easily understand. They seek to empower themselves and assure themselves that no one knows what intuition or consciousness is better than they do. They do not observe and conclude, rather they use direct inference and conclude nothing which they and their forbears have said can be challenged.

Of course the whole idea of this thread will also have sub-sets and precepts which devolve epistemologically past teleologic sense or sensibility.

http://forum.world-mysteries.com/thr...ight=darwinism

Finally for this opening post we have some of what Sal included in the thread Hi iSal. I just noticed a word or phrase after not capitalizing the 's'. Hi Is All. I could make a High universal consciousness discourse out of that - like "to BE or not".

"Now, since begin this train of thought began with Human Origins - Culture - Communication - checked in to see what is happening at the Max Planck Institute.

And read about the recent opening of The Max Planck Institute for Empirical Aesthetics - October 13, 2015 with three Departments, Language and Literature, Music, and Neuroscience

The scientists will be using a variety of research methods and an interdisciplinary approach to investigate the numerous types and nuances of aesthetic pleasure, as well as the role played by individual, social and cultural differences. One of the challenges facing the Institute is to develop and integrate hypotheses, theories and models drawn from widely differing disciplines, particularly from psychology, the traditional poetics of the individual arts, musicology, artistic and literary science, philosophical aesthetics, biology, sociology and the neurosciences. One of their more recent article on this subject, Musical rhythms in the brain - October 26, 2015 discussing the connection between cortical oscillations, speech rhythms, and music
    ."

I did not read all of the research from the Max Planck study of music impacting our brain's development but that was a large part of why the Kelts taught mime, minstrels and oratory (Ogham covers all) at an early age. http://www.mpg.de/9715417/music-in-the-brain
    Last edited by R_Baird; 11-22-2015 at 09:13 AM.

I am almost as excited as Johanson who discovered Lucy long ago. Please seek out Hank Wesselmann who is part of that team for more on how humans can attune to nature and alter their environment. Hank can reach brainwavelength harmonization that allows psychic healers and Yogis tested by the University of Illinois to do amazing things. Johanson sees an Ethiopian jawbone pushing the homop lineage back another half million years to almost the era of his Lucy. National Geographic has Spoors reconstructing homo habilis to show it was not an evolutionary dead end and it's brain is now thought to be near Homo Sapiens - twice the previous calculated size!

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...olduvai-gorge/

Then we have tools in an Asian setting almost as old and I begin thinking Alan Thorne was right about more than one region on Earth where advanced humans developed and maybe even totally separate from Africa. I still have not given up on the Patagonian Land Giant being connected with Goliath and having developed in South Africa from genetic material in Gondwanaland before it split to become South America, as well as Africa, and India etc. That is 25 million years ago. This ties in with separate human lice mutations going back over a million years ago.

This report is an outstanding example of academic culpability in maintaining the fictions of the Cradle of Civilization or Bible Narrative upon which our laws and nations are founded. Language was far more ancient than they say. Even writing alphabets (better than cuneiform and hieroglyphics are millennia earlier). Farming on Crete 5,000 years earlier had Hybrid grain when the Fertile Crescent of the Middle East was still just gathering undeveloped grain.

The only thing advanced or civilized about the Cradle of Civilization is the temerity of academics to continue selling Empire and religious nonsense like Oannes giving all civilized knowledge to Sumer. Oannes is or was a fish-man and alien like the Elohim according to myth-makers making money. I would say Oannes represents the sea people who colonized Sumer out of Dilmun which Sumerian records say they were founded from.

http://www.evoanth.net/2015/07/30/ma...mediterranean/

But the guy making the site has got a most interesting tidbit to consider - humans in Asia with tools dated to 2.4 million years ago!

http://www.evoanth.net/2015/03/27/di...volve-in-asia/

And in line with the Max Planck harmonic insight in the opening post we have recent research showing chimps can create music and move to the beat which some humans cannot even do. The above link also shows chimps used early biface tools and I chortle to think it was just a dozen years ago I said they could build rafts to travel the ocean just by pruning the logs wrapped in vines, which occur naturally. Chimps use sticks as tools to get ants and preen themselves as well as each other. Did those raft borne chimps use sticks to get fish too?

Remember apes make clicking noises that are not unlike dots and dashes of Morse Code or Boulean math our computers work with. What about those clicking noises from porpoises who have five separate sound wavelength communication platforms including one that allows them to communicate across all oceans on Earth to allow pods to keep in contact across 25,000 miles.

That brings us back to the top of this post and Hank getting to the healing energy state faster for longer than psychic healers and the Philippine's psychic surgeons. How - you say? The porpoise energy can help Alzheimer's patients and autistic children focus somehow helping healing. Do they choose to help us as they will do to fend off fisherman who net their brothers as they seek Tuna?

http://forum.world-mysteries.com/thr...ht=bi-location

In many places I have addressed Tesla and Tom Bearden along with how the US and Canada (see Mind-Machine Interfacing article of mine) has worked with people I knew to develop these very things. Of course it is best described in my book on Tesla whose great-great grandniece worked for me in 1981.

Yes, if you actually study and LIVE you do get to know things and people most sheeple are amazed about or think I must be a BS artist.

Here is a small part of what Tom describes at Cheniere.org.

" The potential peaceful implications of Tesla waves are also enormous. By utilizing the "time squeeze" effect, one can get antigravity, materialization and dematerialization, transmutation, and mindboggling medical benefits. One can also get subluminal and superluminal communication, see through the earth and through the ocean, etc. The new view of phi-field also provides a unified field theory, higher orders of reality, and a new super-relativity, but detailing these possibilities must wait for another book.

With two cerebral brain halves, the human being also has a Tesla scalar interferometer between his ears. And since the brain and nervous system processes avalanche discharges, it can produce (and detect) scalar Tesla waves to at least a limited degree. Thus a human can sometimes produce anomalous spatiotemporal effects at a distance and through time. This provides an exact mechanism for psychokinesis, levitation, psychic healing, telepathy, precognition, postcognition, remote viewing, etc. It also provides a reason why an individual can detect a "stick" on a radionics or Hieronymus machine (which processes scalar waves), when ordinary detectors detect nothing."
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-01-2015 at 12:42 PM.

I like to re-energize myself with an occasional retrospective of the fight waged by Teilhard de Chardin. In the following we have a fool attacking a humanistic genius - and why does that happen?

"By: Dr. J. P. Hubert

Moral Relativism and Utilitarianism are the reigning (immoral) philosophies in the developed West. Most of our public policy dilemmas are either directly or indirectly related to the widespread acceptance of these post-Enlightenment constructs. Some of the blame for our current predicament can be laid at the feet of Fr. Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, a Jesuit Priest who attempted to institute a “New Religion” by combining Darwinian evolution with his unorthodox view of Theism.

As Wolfgang Smith has written, Teilhard de Chardin intended to start a New Religion.[1] He made it quite clear on several occasions. In a letter to Leontine Zanta he wrote: “As you already know, what dominates my interest and my preoccupations is the effort to establish in myself and to spread around a new religion (you may call it a better Christianity) in which the personal God ceases to be the great Neolithic proprietor of former times, in order to become the soul of the world; our religious and cultural stage calls for this.”[2] Dietrich von Hildebrand and Wolfgang Smith trace much of the heterodoxy of the second Vatican Conciliar process to the circulation of Teilhardian conceptions of science[3] (especially with respect to biological evolution) and derivatively, Teilhard’s view of religion. Teilhard seems to have made the transformism[4] of biological evolution palatable to certain Catholic Theologians who wished to embrace what they perceived as modern evolutionary science. Traditionally, the entire notion had been thought heretical particularly as concerned the biological evolution of human beings. Through his New Religion, Teilhard gave a patina of legitimacy to the entire concept of evolution by theorizing the existence of “point Omega” which ultimately he identified with Jesus Christ.

It appears that many Catholic Theologians were duped by failing to differentiate the actual facts of biological science from the prevailing naturalistic philosophy (metaphysical naturalism) which as a result of the assertions of leading biologists, was virtually inseparable from it.[5] This made them “ripe” for Teilhard’s proposed incorporation of Evolution into “Christianity.” Teilhard’s New Religion was therefore very much on the minds of some of the participants of the Council, some explicitly and some only implicitly. One might say that the “flavor” was in the air. Unfortunately, no systematic refutation of Teilhard’s theory was available in 1962 prior to the commencing of Vatican II. Wolfgang Smith’s work which accomplished same became available only in 1988.

In a sense then, when Pope John XXIII called for “aggiornamento”, (whether recognized at the time or not), not only was he opening the windows of the Traditional Catholic Church to the world but to what Teilhard had been promulgating as the New Religion as well. It is the latter effect that has produced the post-Conciliar disaster’s with which most Catholics are all too familiar. Unfortunately, Teilhard’s heretical New Religion has been embraced either in part or in whole by several generations of post-conciliar Catholics given that Teilhard’s spurious notions have never been formally repudiated.[6] Teilhardism effectively destroyed the Creation tenet of orthodox Catholicism, the Fall from Grace and with it the concept of Original Sin, the atoning death of Christ on the Cross and thereby the entire Salvation/Redemption tenet based as it is on Christ’s crucifixion and literal bodily resurrection."
    http://amaiceducation.blog.com/2011/...xtraordinaire/

I like to think Chardin was involved with hoaxing the British academic community in the Piltdown Man affair. There are only a few people who could have done it - the other likely suspect is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Chardin called for a "Conspiracy of Love" and he knew Love was more than a NEED.

http://forum.world-mysteries.com/thr...=4002#post4002

I wrote these words in the thread Darwinism Evolving but I have been championing this general cause since I was arguing Is God Dead at the age of four.

I like what this team of researchers are doing but I disagree that tool use is exclusive to hominids because chimpanzees use sticks to get at ants in hills the ants build. Chimps also use ropes to swing through trees, don't they? Higher apes will also use sound by beating on logs and trees. I am nearly certain they climbed aboard logs or amalgams of logs and vines (ropes) which float and began long voyages, at first unintentionally. What about otters using rocks to break open the shells of clams? I might even argue that selecting a special clump of trees wrapped in vines and picking away at the loose stuff was building a raft or home. Their preening is a highly intuitive act and social function but don't they preen other things like they do us or other animalia? Cats and dogs sure do, and cats will build homes by chewing on boxes etc. I recall a dog friend of mine who built a lair out of sticks and limbs.

Her name is Sophie.
    Last edited by R_Baird; 11-21-2015 at 12:09 PM.

If it is true that knowledge is power and that power corrupts when few are in possession of it - is it any surprise that there is a disconnect of immense proportions in our society? The near vacuum in the region between adepthood or wisdom and the hoi polloi or commonly held belief or civic morality varies from region to cultural region but the breath of the disconnect or vacuum stays pretty similar. Of course there are distinctions or hierarchies which have been fostered and the role of specialized knowledge has become synarchy instead of anarchy or democracy. The use and abuse of words like anarchy or liberal and conservative in political venues from communist to Nazi or fascist makes it somewhat difficult for a poor wordsmith like myself to capture the immensity of our malaise or full out ignorance which the Gnostics say is the Original Sin. Sin, and evil are words worth deconstruction and my nieces once told me 'sin' is self-inflicted nonsense - my oldest brother is a fine example of it. The spiritual milieu or ether of energy which surrounds us has what early adepts or shamans over two million years ago sought to make sense of - and tried to convey that 'sense' to others long before language as we know it, developed . Specialized jargon, anaphora religious terminologies and metaphors or analogies, story tellers and troubadours, or outright political liars and ecclesiasties of feudal Dark Age deceit still remain from the beginnings of Empire and the needed management of people.

The stages of language development and timing thereof is a large philosophic debate which hard scientists studying the human physiology are focussing on to the extent that some people say we only recently had the speech lobes to be able to talk and therefore language or communication did not exist. I heartily contest that myopic and cultural bias which was truly 'evil' when John Locke developed a Scale of Nature with a 'tabula rasa' saying no consciousness could be existent without language. That Scale of Nature put the English WASP at the top of the charts and black man down with the Hottentot that some thought had come into existence from the interbreeding of an orangutan and human. In his early life Thomas Jefferson held this revolting concept that still pervailed (a word I will leave here even though it was a typo, because a pervert prevails would not be acceptable linguistic usage) - and in my own lifetime some people have proposed similar unscientific viewpoints. It is said Neanderthal only developed speech lobes about 150,000 years ago and we now know they interbred with other hominids. But they had a larger brain and I think were entirely able to consciously apprehend nature and reality as well as share it through a variety of communication forms - signing became one origin of Ogham, ESP another. The Sumatran Gibbon or Bonobos in Africa have language as do porpoises and some day we may even learn to speak with our 'diggies' who certainly understand words like 'walk'. Kanzai, and Koko could teach John Locke a lot.

There is 'of course' no such thing as evil demons to the extent some religions have built the pantheon and I consider Gods to have a rather recent origin of an anthropomorphed psychological 'easy answer' and political 'social engineering' Genesis. I did not need Francis Fukayama in his book The End of History and The Last Man to confirm or confess "all absolute religions have been tools for social engineers" like himself. He deserved his promotion from the US Department in charge of Policy to the shadow governing ethos or construct and Rand Corporation role in that Shadow Government which has devolved or evolved from various Illuminized (Gnosis translates as wisdom or 'enlightenment' not Salvation as Romanism foisted or injected into a cult similar to Christian Gospel lies now called Caesar's Messiah by some scholars) efforts including the advent of organized religion about 600 BCE. Even Confucianism and Buddhism which have no God are found coming out of the woodwork at this particular point in time. The title of my first book Diverse Druids gives some idea of earlier origins before 600 BCE. But I do not think it (What one language calls Druidry) was as much a religion as it was a scientific shared Brotherhood with transparent and freely available access to higher layers of study - if a person wished to study! Before the time of Caesar it was a 25 year course of study and included Bairds, Ovates and Druids as well as vascerri (priests), pheryllts (scientists or alchemists like Merlin), bards or kapnobatai like Orpheus and later Pythagoras, all starting with mimes, minstrels and jesters who might become orators and language experts before moving into more specialized realms of study as they showed merit and had interest.

That brings me to the first area we would have to stipulate to or agree upon if we were to debate the origins of Gnostic or Hermetic thought. Was mankind conscious and able to communicate 2 million years ago - after he had developed tools greater than those we know apes used.

It reminds me of a comment by a Mr. Tulip on a Biblical Interpretation site I was recently revolted by as they ridiculed any attempt to deconstruct the Biblical early writings as mere Phoenician or Keltoi mythology as the Father of Biblical Archaeology asserted from his lofty professorship at Johns Hopkins. Mr. Tulip and I agree Acharya S has done good work penetrating the ethos of Empire and I supported her contention when she, I and Vincent Bridges discussed the Language of the BRDs (my last name therein) about a dozen years ago. Here is my response to him just before leaving the austere company of Mr. Hindley et al.

Dear Mr. Tulip

Hurray - some actual thought in the wilderness!

I remain of the view that this patronising attitude towards analysis of pagan parallels is evidence of mental blockages towards simple evidence. The reasons for such blockages are complex. A key part of it is the failure to understand the role of Gnostic spirituality, and how Gnosticism was an old movement based on links between Judaism and other cultures. These links are denied point blank by the “nuts” premise of this thread which Godfrey and Huller and now Hindley have rather crassly supported.
    http://forum.world-mysteries.com/thr...-Magic-and-Zen
    Last edited by R_Baird; 11-21-2015 at 10:20 AM.

I guess this thread is more than a person could grok in a week with no time out for work or sleep. I know it is most unfair for me to expect normal professor types to grasp that which they strenuously DENY in fear that new students like myself will alter the paradigm that pays them for me-too thinking or supporting the existing paradigm.

http://www.lightparty.com/Peace/MiracleInTheVoid.html

I met Blue Harary at the Psychical Research Foundation over 40 years ago. He was working on the early stages of what we hear so much about today but which is a very ancient investigatory technique including Remote Viewing. How much is objective and how much is subjective or run through the cultural rose-coloured glasses I cannot say. An older woman who was a top Remote Viewer with Ingo Swann impressed me about these things and with her wisdom a little over a decade ago. I know natives who dream what will happen before the hunt or dance to make it happen ( Carlton Coons was a top anthropologist saying these things.) probably had much more focussed cultural influence and power than any of us today exhibit.

http://www.multidimensionalman.com/M..._Universe.html

And for those who watched The Da Vinci Code and wondered when the Rose Lines were situated through Paris or if they are connected to Karnac in Egypt which was built after Carnac in Brittany - you might want to read this book.

Review

“It’s a true art to travel beyond the veil and bring back coherent information for the rest of us to learn from and that will help us in our personal search for higher states of consciousness” (Rhasya Poe, Lotus Guide, July 2011)

“Chris Hardy is one of the most intrepid explorers of the frontiers of consciousness. The Sacred Network provides its readers with a blueprint for their development both as individuals and as members of the human species.” (Stanley Krippner, Ph.D., professor of psychology, Saybrook University, and coauthor of Personal Myth)

“A scientist mind meets a visionary sage in author Chris Hardy. She foresees our individual souls weaving networks that will connect all over the world. One of the most creative and original books of our times.” (Allan Combs, professor of transformative studies, California Institute of Integral Studies, and coed)

“Few among us are willing to follow our thoughts and intuitions until they bloom with discovery. Chris Hardy has devoted her life to finding out what lies beyond the veil and bringing it back to us so that we might share in her vision. The Sacred Network is nothing less than fascinating.” (Linda Dennard, Ph.D., associate professor of Political Science and Public Administration at Auburn U)

“Chris Hardy has been exploring the complex relationship between mind and matter over her entire career as a researcher and consciousness explorer. Now, with The Sacred Network, she’s provided the definitive work on ley lines and other physical locations of power and their relationship to the psyche.” (Robin Robertson, Ph.D., clinical psychologist, associate professor at the California Institute of In)

About the Author

Chris H. Hardy, Ph.D., a former researcher at Psychophysical Research Laboratories in Princeton, has spent many years investigating psi capacities, altered states of consciousness, and the mind at large. She has authored 17 published books, including Networks of Meaning. She lives in France.
    Last edited by R_Baird; 11-21-2015 at 12:14 PM.

http://thenightshirt.com/

There are many dimensions and alternatives in a field including varying energy bandwidths. Tesla wrote about non-force info packets and his groupie of more recent times named Thomas Bearden says he got energy from a vacuum. Erwin Lazslo and the ISS group along with Puthoff and many others can confuse the hell out of each other and anyone who doesn't know mathematics it seems. Bruce Cathie's Harmonic of Light and a thousand talking heads from Sanderson to Campbell make me wonder who knows anything. I love talking with advanced mathematicians about concepts for hours, physicists, applied or electrical, philosophers and psychics, yogis and more. They all converge and occasionally it seems something could be agreed upon.

In a research group set up to explore my work about twelve years ago there was a woman who lived on her farm in Texarkana area who had been a top 'viewer' for Ingo. At one point she said about five of us should all live in her farm so we might get something working. I figured if six different learning styles or personalities got together a sort of super consciousness would emanate or coagulate joining the group. Howard Gardner has since added a couple of learning styles to his model. I thought we had those different learning styles but testing that would have helped.

In Nightshirt above we see: "
    It is an example, in fact, of the arbitrary connection between words and things that forms the basis of structural linguistics—the signifier bears no necessary connection to the signified; linguistic meaning is a function of how signifiers relate to each other, as in a vast grid system, not how they relate to actual things in the real world. We are thus able to use words grammatically correctly even before we know what they refer to; the way they connect in our minds to actual things depends instead on associative linkages, built up and reinforced across early life (and later) experience (I’ll return to this below)."
    Then I consider the opposite of each claim or statement including the assertion that structure is needed in communication or that the 'real' world is not really 'real' but instead a conventional paradigm accepted through foolish consistency (Huxley). Here I would have to explain Bohr's Rule of Complimentarity and Bucky's 'creative realization' or Teilhard's Templates. The discourse would wax and wane eloquent and obtuse and finally absurdity would bring agreement. The linear-logical mindset would know the spatial creative opposite better and so on. The "associative linkages" mentioned in Nightshirt would be a fact accepted without ego.

The Grid as mentioned would expand mere Semiotic masturbation into a Cosmic Thought Field (See A Thread here on World Mind, I think) and then become grounded by the mechanical mindset of the hands on doer or plodding personality. Tesla's Earth and Air as conductor and capacitor would have it's information carrier bandwidth activated. The buzz of each person's pineal gland (with the crystal radio receiver therein) would allow a collective Third Eye (See Thread). In Nightshirt they say:
    "psi was commonly (albeit not universally) assumed to work somehow on the model of telegraphic or radio transmission."
    Manifesting Reality might take a month of loving union to this cause and Sartre's statement "Love is absent space.' would be there in every individual's dreams. Maybe a folding of Space would unite like minded energies across and throughout the Earth Energy Grid and then the Template would MANIFEST = reality. The "actual things in the real world" mentioned in Nightshirt would creatively develop a separate or co-ordinating conjunction and one mind with all types and approaches would become more possible.

It would now be possible to send actual words via machinery (I can provide a link to the science doing this today.) into the group or individuals in the group. A manager mixing and multiplexing the energy might allow what Futurescape says they are about to develop - control of the World Mind.

Usually I am posting links back to this site for those who might want to learn a thing or three. In this case I am posting back to another site and a convo with a person named Dissection Stalker who contacted me after he was banned for the umpteenth time but had re-joined with a new name (also not the first time). I would guess he was again banned and a watch put on for his IP addy or other tools he had used (He is a computer nerd).

The conversation is far-reaching and it will make any reply to this thread redundant if we are to explore the totality of cultural impacts on evolution including recent cultural idioms like Futurescape and NLP or MKUltra - but I welcome any attempt to integrate it or these things. God what a nest of links and thought is involved in any effort to understand anything! No wonder Professors and universities are so focussed and courses never get past the superficial concepts that people in earlier eras thought out and made into dogma. Ironic and sarcastic are words that only partially describe what I really feel. But that is easy for me to say - I never lost my childlike Joy of Learning.

http://www.theparacast.com/forum/thr...d.16431/page-2

Another area of consideration we are circumlocuting about is alchemy and I did a book on that (or three) which is still available in a somewhat jumbled way on the web at docslide - for free. I just found it by typing in hermetic in quotes and homonunclus as I have been known to miss-spell our little friend. Here is a little of it.

CHAPTER ONE: What is alchemy and Who were (are) They?

ALCHEMY’S ORIGINS:
    "Hermes Trismegistus
    "THE SOURCES OF ALCHEMY AMONG THE ARABS
    Gnostics:
    TUNDRA 'TULKUS':
    A plea for the appreciation of shamans:

CHAPTER TWO: Sundry Sages:

Gurdjieff:
    LEONARDO DA VINCI:
    Abaris the Druid:
    GIORDANO BRUNO:
    Sir Isaac Newton:
    CARL JUNG:
    Crazy Horse:

CHAPTER THREE: Hitler, Napoleon and Vienna:

“WILHELM REICH AND THE PHOENIX PROJECT
    Jung, Freud, von Neumann, and Hitler back to St. Germain:
    PAGAN PROGENY:
    Findhorn and Fairies:
    TESLA, RHODES AND NAPOLEON:
    Neumann Was More Than a Dreamer:

CHAPTER FOUR: The Dragons and My Stele:

Sir Laurence Gardner:
    MY STELE:

CHAPTER FIVE: The Philosopher’s Stone:

MIND OVER MATTER – PROVEN:
    Reichean Orgone Energy:
    THE CORAL CASTLE:
    Chemical Bonding and Formation of Elements:
    BLACK BUDGET:
    The ‘Great Work’:

CHAPTER SIX: Cosmogony of The Spheres and Elementals:

The Afterlife:
    NEANDERTHAL TO THE NOOSPHERE:
    Hermetic Planes Of Existence:
    {ELEMENTALS}:

CHAPTER SEVEN: Humanists and Governing Through Power:

SEMIOTICS:
    The Three Magian Laws:
    THE FUTHARK:
    Mandalas and More:
    TAO TE CHING:

CHAPTER EIGHT: Megaliths and The Graven Image:

The Secret Language of Stone:
    THE GRAVEN IMAGE

CHAPTER NINE: What is Neolithic?:

TECHNOLOGY AIDS OUR RE-DISCOVERIES:
    Adept Cells and Traders:
    The Enduring Impact of the Bible Narrative:
    MORE ANCIENT ROOTS:
    Potlatch and Peryllats, and a Plethora of Possibilities:
    FREEDOM FROM…. or… FREEDOM TO?
    ALIENS TEACHING HUMANS?
    Craning Our Necks to See the Neolithic Racial Mixing of Crania:

CHAPTER TEN: The ‘Travelers’:

PHOENICIANS:
    Tippecanoe and Timbuktu:

CHAPTER ELEVEN: FROM THE INTENSE TO THE INCREDIBLE!

And from another thread here.

http://forum.world-mysteries.com/thr...g-an-Alchemist
    Last edited by R_Baird; 11-21-2015 at 04:18 PM.

There is so much for all religions to agree upon! The main participants in our wars all work from the same cultural beginning and use the same scriptures and prophets or myths.

There are far deeper similarities which have value and might enable Brotherhood and a removal of 'fence posts' and other ways we have been managed and separated from each other, our money and most importantly our soulful existence.

I am not convinced there is a conscious entity who watches over us. Although I do see Intelligent Design I think science and thinking by human or other sentient processes is where it comes from. Those sentient processes in nature include elementals and spiritual forces - I will agree when I am particularly 'airy-fairy' or less linear logical in my 'processes'. All points of view entertain and enlighten my path.

A modern scholar by the name of Daniel Matt provides us with this description of the process in his book The Essential Kabbalah. There are forms of meditation in every culture and concept of man and his relationship with the soul. Many of them have little to do with symbols or intellectual processes such as Mr. Matt provides in what follows. This particular ritual is contentious to some because it mentions the feminine aspect that is incorporated into the ancient knowledge of the Sphinx and was obliterated for many millennia by the Jehovah promoters who wanted men to dominate. The Shekhinah were once female goddesses in the Judaic religious complex. Our 'feminine' soul, can open doors to major insights beyond the intellectual or social conventions.

If the letters from just one of the sacerdotal Phoenician alphabets based on far earlier symbols on libraries in stone (see my book Neolithic Libraries) can Kabbalistically cause wisdom to descend upon a simple adherent of a system they seldom grasp - what was possible for real adepts?

"UNSHEATHING THE SOUL PREPARE to meet your God. Prepare to devote your heart. Purify your body and select a special place where no one else in the world can hear your voice. Be totally alone. Sit in one spot in the room or the loft, and do not reveal your secret to anyone. If you can, do this by day, even for a little while, but the best way is to do it at night {Melatonin production increases at night-thus 'night-worker' is the meaning of melatonin.}. As you prepare to speak with your Creator, to seek the revelation of his power, be careful to empty your mind of all mundane vanities. Wrap yourself in your 'tallit' and put 'tefillin' on your head so that you will be filled with the awe of Shekhinah, who is with you at this moment. Wear clean garments, all white if you can. All this helps immensely in focussing your awe and love. If it is night, light many candles until your eyes shine brightly.

Then take hold of ink, pen and tablet. Realize that you are about to serve your God in joy. Begin to combine letters, a few or many, permuting and revolving them {This would be good training for people early in life and getting to know new languages.} rapidly until your mind warms up. Delight in how they move and in what you generate by revolving them. When you feel within that your mind is very, very warm from combining the letters and that through the combination you understand new things that you have not attained by human tradition nor discovered on your own through mental reflection, then you are ready to receive the abundant flow, and the abundance flows upon you, arousing you again and again.

Now turn your thoughts to visualizing the Name and its supernal angels, imagining them as if they were human beings standing or sitting around you, with you in the middle like a messenger about to be sent on a royal mission, waiting to hear about it from their lips, either from the king himself or from one of his ministers. Having imagined {N.B.} this vividly, prepare your mind and heart to understand the many things about to be conveyed to you by the letters being contemplated within you. Meditate on them as a whole and in all their detail, like one to whom a parable, a riddle, or a dream is being told, or like one perusing a book of wisdom, pondering a passage beyond his grasp. Interpret what you hear in an uplifting manner, approximating it as best you can {Chant}. Based on what you understand of it, evaluate yourself and others. All this will happen after you fling the tablet from your hands and the pen from your fingers, or after they fall by themselves due to the intensity of your thoughts.

Realize that the stronger the mental flow, the weaker become your limbs and organs. Your entire body will begin to tremble violently. You will think that you are about to die because your soul, overjoyed at what she {N.B.} has attained, will depart from your body. Consciously choose death over life, knowing that such death affects only the body and that thereby the soul lives eternally. Then you will know that you are capable of receiving the flow. If you then wish to honor the glorious NAME by serving it with the life of body and soul, hide your face, fear to gaze at God, and come no closer, like Moses at the burning bush. Return to the physical dimension, rise, eat and drink a little, inhale a fragrant aroma. Return your spirit to its sheath until another time. Rejoice in what you have, and know that God loves you.” (1)

Visualizing the colours of the light and breathing from Yogic disciplines is a much more commonly thought of meditation. There are as many ways to meditate as there are trees in the forest. Each one is different if only by the fact of each person being different.
    Last edited by R_Baird; 11-21-2015 at 02:29 PM.

Those who try to define or somehow limit spirituality end up ignoring its nature and those who accept it blindly assign it virtues beyond its purpose. It is not just religion or metaphysical science which concerns mankind as we try to make sense of our present and future potential to address the ethics and technologies that could allow real growth and movement away from our history of destructive acts that develop warfare rather than our total potential as life on Earth. Here is a case in point dealing with history and the cultural contact that took place in pre-Columbian times with the Americas. It is my response to someone who thinks you can tell a whole new history in a few threads who also has not read many of the excerpts much less any of my books.

'Science has found Roman and Etruscan settlements in America and many other cultures too. It is reported in the original writings of the first missionaries and it is in modern archaeology. There were Basque speaking communities in Central America found in the last century and Rongorongo of Ilavarta and Easter Island was there too.

No, in fact the problem is rather what Lord Renfrew has said. History has been shown to be a pack of lies. Lord Renfrew, Disney Professor of Archaeology at Cambridge University states:

"Archaeologists all over the world have realized that much of prehistory, as written in the existing textbooks, is inadequate. Some is quite simply wrong. What has come as a considerable shock, a development hardly foreseeable just a few years ago, is that prehistory, as we have learnt it is based upon several assumptions which can no longer be accepted as valid.."

I have both personal expertise and actual hands-on experience in Central America as well as the original languages which fieldworkers have found most insightful. My prognostications are always proven correct as new evidence comes forward (Hobbit, Bonobos - being two in the last year which further add to the Portuguese baby that is a crossbreed hominid) and there are examples of this in most sciences.

But what has served the 'social engineers' well is that they can say things like 'What is the peer reviewed opinion'? When there are no funds going to Phoenician Doctoral programs and no integrators of all science through all the world over all of history it is hard to have any peers.

Or they can point to another era and time and say something to bamboozle the student who sees the person speaking knows that era and people very well. But all these people or races and nations are not real history but rather a record of what politics and religion (social engineering) has done to separate people from their 'brothers'.

Thus I have had to have a complete picture or framework going back to the first white people and even how they might have come into being. Some of the pre-white people ideas are very speculative but I think I have done that framework of real history and the elite families who managed it. But no one (or four) books can put the picture together and thus pundits (often paid by 'social engineers') can say he refers to his other books for more on the point and avoids the issue. But I have to target certain issues and not the issue they might raise at that point in that particular book.'

I have older evidences of cross-breeding now - but do not forget academics were laughing at me about saying it for most of my life.

Next up is National Geo saying they have pinpointed when humans first mated with Neanderthals. It is good that they are finally admitting it happened but to say they have the first? NONsense and ego!!!!! I am certainly part Neanderthal and after I wrote these things DNA researchers are saying 3-5% of all European DNA is Neanderthal.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2...x-neanderthals
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...nce-discovery/
    Last edited by R_Baird; 12-30-2015 at 11:12 AM.

Here is an e-mail response to my older brother who made note of the fact that I have been posing these thoughts most of my life and yet no great acclaim has come my way.

There are many ways thought gets transmitted to the brain - and current human evolution theory is moving to the ideas I have been promoting (Others like Teilhard de Chardin - an anthropologist and catholic priest - see Teilhardism) for as long as I can remember.

I am satisfied with how the mind has started to recover from materialism. Our future is still bleak if we do not use that mind to form the templates ('perfect' though by one person - said Teilhard; imagine if more than one person actually started understanding). See Re-discovering the Mind which I used teaching a lesson in my Masters program Org Behaviour class in 1981.

You have heard about the saying "We are spiritual beings having a brief illusory material experience." That was a very old concept he revived.

Further to the above you might want to consider how often the "illusory" experience is highlighted in our media including the schools.

What kind of crazy is it that supports such ideology when there are far better methods available (see thread We Can Change the World)? When Malcolm Muggeridge said Jesus would be institutionalized today - he was making a good point. That is true whether or not there ever was an actual Jesus person rather than the titles Jesus and Chriost which have been around for a great deal longer than our falsified Empire history supporting our screwed up laws. The people who put words in the mouths of Prophets do so for PROFIT!

Adding more - I find all things I write have a certain through-line - soul or the harmonic convergence of what Jung called the COLLECTIVE.

The twelve main energy vortexes including the Great Pyramid of Iesa have many smaller center points or nodes. You can think of a corollary in your own body - the chakras and psychic points chart which mirrors the lymph system. Epigeneticists may make a further breakthrough in this integrative insight soon. The twelve plates in the Dodecahedron are part of the ancient earth computer.

Beyond the Dragon Project proof of energy varying and dovetailing with astronomical or astrological events and megaliths being part of a computer type of information matrix - we now have Gaia Theory developed by James Lovelock and Lynn Margulis and others including Hawkins who work on Crop Circles I have covered - here. It is more than just some Green initiative and Bucky Fuller saw how consciousness in even the marble under a sculptors tools can be worked with.

"The Gaia Hypothesis finds its roots in longstanding insights regarding a living planet. For example, Scofield in Scientists Debate Gaia explores over two dozen expressions of the concept of a living Earth in Western natural philosophy, including animism, hylozism, psyche, pneuma, pantheism, sympatheia, anima mundi, and world soul (Scientists Debate Gaia, 2004, p. 157 - See inset). Many affirm that indigenous and traditional cultures feature intact connections and patterns with a living earth focusing on wisdom and intuition (Golley, p. 35; Scofeld, 2004, p. 157) at a nexus point of knowledge, practice, and belief (Berkes, p. 163). These insights, scientific and cultural, parallel and harmonize with more ancient indigenous and earth-based insight regarding the living nature of the planet. See also Ecospirituality and Ecophilosophy forms of Gaian Methods for further exploration of these concepts.

The Gaia Hypothesis is a collaborative brainchild of chemist James Lovelock and microbiologist Lynn Margulis and depicts the Earth system as a living, self-regulating, meta-organism continuing optimal life conditions through complex planetary controls. A novel-to-me point of the Gaia Hypothesis is that if a scientist were to imagine what conditions on the Earth would be expected simply due to its planetary size, composition, and distance from the Sun (etc.), the scientist would expect to find a dead, lifeless planet without the temperature, moisture, and other conditions (including those optimum for complex life) found on Gaia - Earth.

Lovelock's Gaia: The Practical Science of Planetary Medicine (2000) offers fabulous visual examples and visualizations for the "geophysiology" that Lovelock explores as part of the fleshing out of the Gaia Hypothesis. His extended metaphor for the Earth as having a physiology includes later chapters on "The People Plague," fever as a metaphor for global warming, and exfoliation as a metaphor for deforestation. Lynn Margulis's radical visionary insight of symbiosis as the central gyre for evolution has, over the past twenty years, brought endosymbiosis and symbiogenesis from an unaccepted fringe theory to evolutionary doctrine. For Margulis, symbiogenesis (not mutation) is the source of innovation in evolutionary change (2006). She has uncovered how mitochondria and chloroplasts demonstrate that collaboration rather than (neo-Darwinian) competition drive evolution. Her early work on eukaryotic evolution demonstrating global regulatory mechanisms was pivotal in the Gaia Hypothesis (2002). Margulis advocates for collaborations with biology, chemistry and other fields in order to pursue the truth about the complex self-regulatory emergent property of the planet as alive (2006).Therefore Gaia Hypothesis research methods are at their heart inter- and transdisciplinary."

http://www.earthregenerative.org/gai...ypothesis.html
    Last edited by R_Baird; 11-23-2015 at 11:17 AM.