Thread: Nihilistic Nonsense and Meta "Super-impositions"

Nihilistic Nonsense and Meta "Super-impositions"

If you circle around and are sitting in a bathtub after eating beans you should remember how many angels fit on the head of a needle or else you too might experience what Schrodinger's cat does like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day. Or you might bite at the bubbles.

We are gaining on those bubbly phantoms with integration of disciplines which once existed under just one banner in the Dark Ages enforcement of ignorance by the Church in Rome. That banner was philosophy and today's seemingly only true philosophers came from science as we find more sense expressed by Kaku an oriental Merlin and Neil de Grasse Tyson the astronomer whiz.

http://www.hedweb.com/nihilfil.htm

If you read the above link for more than an hour and you think it is "whatever" - I agree. Here is a little less convoluted explanation from Stanford.

"2.2 Who am “I”?

“I” am an object, such as the Earth, a cat, etc. “I” is defined at a particular time by a complete (classical) description of the state of my body and of my brain. “I” and “Lev” do not refer to the same things (even though my name is Lev). At the present moment there are many different “Lev”s in different worlds (not more than one in each world), but it is meaningless to say that now there is another “I”. I have a particular, well defined past: I correspond to a particular “Lev” in 2012, but not to a particular “Lev” in the future: I correspond to a multitude of “Lev”s in 2022. In the framework of the MWI it is meaningless to ask: Which Lev in 2022 will I be? I will correspond to them all. Every time I perform a quantum experiment (with several possible results) it only seems to me that I obtain a single definite result. Indeed, Lev who obtains this particular result thinks this way. However, this Lev cannot be identified as the only Lev after the experiment. Lev before the experiment corresponds to all “Lev”s obtaining all possible results.

Although this approach to the concept of personal identity seems somewhat unusual, it is plausible in the light of the critique of personal identity by Parfit 1986. Parfit considers some artificial situations in which a person splits into several copies, and argues that there is no good answer to the question: Which copy is me? He concludes that personal identity is not what matters when I divide. Saunders and Wallace 2008a argue that based on the semantics of Lewis 1986 one can find a meaning for this question. However, in their reply 2008b to Tappenden 2008 they emphasise that their work is not about the nature of ‘I’, but about “serviceability”. Indeed, as it will be explained below, I should behave as if “Which copy is me?” is a legitimate question.

3. Correspondence Between the Formalism and Our Experience

We should not expect to have a detailed and complete explanation of our experience in terms of the wave function of 1033 particles that we and our immediate environment are made of. We just have to be able to draw a basic picture which is free of paradoxes. There are many attempts to provide an explanation of what we see based on the MWI or its variants in Lockwood 1989, Gell-Mann and Hartle 1990, Albert 1992, Saunders 1993, Penrose 1994, Chalmers 1996, Deutsch 1996, Joos et al. 2003, Schlosshauer 2007, Zurek 2009, and Wallace 2012. A sketch of the connection between the wave function of the Universe and our experience follows.

3.1 The Quantum State of a Macroscopic Object

The basis for the correspondence between the quantum state (the wave function) of the Universe and our experience is the description that physicists give in the framework of standard quantum theory for objects composed of elementary particles. Elementary particles of the same kind are identical. Therefore, the essence of an object is the quantum state of its particles and not the particles themselves (see the elaborate discussion in the entry on identity and individuality in quantum theory): one quantum state of a set of elementary particles might be a cat and another state of the same particles might be a small table. Clearly, we cannot now write down an exact wave function of a cat. We know, to a reasonable approximation, the wave function of some elementary particles that constitute a nucleon. The wave function of the electrons and the nucleons that together make up an atom is known with even better precision. The wave functions of molecules (i.e. the wave functions of the ions and electrons out of which molecules are built) are well studied. A lot is known about biological cells, so physicists can write down a rough form of the quantum state of a cell. Out of cells we construct various tissues and then the whole body of a cat or a table. So, let us denote the quantum state constructed in this way |Ψ›OBJECT.

In our construction |Ψ›OBJECT is the quantum state of an object in a definite state and position. According to the definition of a world we have adopted, in each world the cat is in a definite state: either alive or dead. Schrödinger's experiment with the cat leads to a splitting of worlds even before opening the box. Only in the alternative approach is Schrödinger's cat, which is in a superposition of being alive and dead, a member of the (single) centered world of the observer before she opens the sealed box with the cat (the observer perceives directly the facts related to the preparation of the experiment and she deduces that the cat is in a superposition)."

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/qm-manyworlds/
    Last edited by R_Baird; 02-10-2016 at 02:22 PM.

Perhaps the issue of our cat or our mind is not so clear to anyone as of this moment in time (which is not linear). And I thought to look into what a great mathematician and philosopher Bertrand Russell might have added to our dilemma in the Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy which means 'love of knowledge'.

"Russell's paradox represents either of two interrelated logical antinomies. The most commonly discussed form is a contradiction arising in the logic of sets or classes. Some classes (or sets) seem to be members of themselves, while some do not. The class of all classes is itself a class, and so it seems to be in itself. The null or empty class, however, must not be a member of itself. However, suppose that we can form a class of all classes (or sets) that, like the null class, are not included in themselves. The paradox arises from asking the question of whether this class is in itself. It is if and only if it is not. The other form is a contradiction involving properties. Some properties seem to apply to themselves, while others do not. The property of being a property is itself a property, while the property of being a cat is not itself a cat. Consider the property that something has just in case it is a property (like that of being a cat) that does not apply to itself. Does this property apply to itself? Once again, from either assumption, the opposite follows. The paradox was named after Bertrand Russell (1872-1970), who discovered it in 1901."

It may appear that some people are intentionally obtuse for the casual observer who needs sound bytes and has focus issues. Usually the simplest explanations will be the best insight and those who have to engage in nihilistic absurd relating are not worth reading. However, that being said, there are times when absurdities bear fruit and challenge the mind to accept what intuition brings forward.

Many people have told me that I am a New Age guru selling nonsense. Those people are usually teacher types or people who listen to those who are not researchers or true scientists. I have always found the further up I go in the food chain that there are people with more knowledge, wisdom and an open mind. Of course, I am biased and no doubt people who I get no (And know) place in a discussion with, will probably sometimes have actual scientific knowledge.

The EPR study or agreement with Einstein was part of why I have found physics people to like my metaphysical inquiry process.

"In 1935, Einstein, Podolsky, and Rosen (EPR) published an important paper in which they claimed that the whole formalism of quantum mechanics together with what they called a “Reality Criterion” imply that quantum mechanics cannot be complete. That is, there must exist some elements of reality that are not described by quantum mechanics. They concluded that there must be a more complete description of physical reality involving some hidden variables that can characterize the state of affairs in the world in more detail than the quantum mechanical state. This conclusion leads to paradoxical results.

As Bell proved in 1964, under some further but quite plausible assumptions, this conclusion that there are hidden variables implies that, in some spin-correlation experiments, the measured quantum mechanical probabilities should satisfy particular inequalities (Bell-type inequalities). The paradox consists in the fact that quantum probabilities do not satisfy these inequalities. And this paradoxical fact has been confirmed by several laboratory experiments since the 1970s.

Some researchers have interpreted this result as showing that quantum mechanics is telling us nature is non-local, that is, that particles can affect each other across great distances in a time too brief for the effect to have been due to ordinary causal interaction. Others object to this interpretation, and the problem is still open and hotly debated among both physicists and philosophers. It has motivated a wide range of research from the most fundamental quantum mechanical experiments through foundations of probability theory to the theory of stochastic causality as well as the metaphysics of free will."

Gravitational Wave Theory promises to raise Metaphysics to acceptance as the true reality.
    Last edited by R_Baird; 02-12-2016 at 11:21 AM.

This link arrived to an e-book I should or could have written, but it might be a little better than I could have produced without some computer expertise and graphic design input. Ask and you shall receive!

There are (of course) many threads this link gives input to.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8I...w?pref=2&pli=1

"Individuation

The human psyche is a living ecosystem of flowing psychic energy and is conceived as a bipolar system embracing a series of opposites, eg anima / animus, light / dark, conscious /unconscious. These opposites create a tension, which is the source of psychic energy that needs to flow unimpeded to create a smooth flowing dynamic system. If this flow is impeded when one of the opposing forces is repressed an unresolved tension grows in the psyche. This creates disease within the individual and also in society in general.

In today's civilization the vast majority of people are dominated by the unconscious so that disowned modes of behavior and thought are unconsciously acted out in terms of dogmatic thinking and inflexible attitudes towards religion, sex and human interaction in general with plans for globalization based on fear, control and scarcity. These projections are sustained by adhering to blame and victim-consciousness rather than looking within and healing their own personal hologram.

The number of successfully individuated or self-realized people is remarkably few and is one of the main walls of the matrix. Things that prevent individuation include - lack of community; people in separation, focus on materialism, lack of introspection / meditation, overuse of medication to maintain egoic consciousness and lack of teenage rites of passage or initiations so that the process is often delayed until later in life when the neuroanatomy is less able to undergo structural change.

Psychiatric Drug Facts - http://breggin.com

Psychiatry: An industry video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qs9TLTvYFs

Bruce Levine - http://brucelevine.net/

Is Psychiatry a Scam - http://youtu.be/AG1VHpsgUcY - (http://www.rossinst.com/)"

DNA - Gateway to Scalar Energy based Healing - http://thehealinguniverse.com/dna_physics.html

1. DNA emits and absorbs light (information) : Low-level light emissions are a common property of all living cells with up to 100 photons of light emitted every second for every square centimeter of area - equivalent to the intensity of a candle at a distance of about 10 kilometers. DNA is the source of this photon emission.

6. DNA produces wormholes in space:

Wormholes are tunnel connections between different areas in our time-space universe and between our time-space universe and parallel universes, through which information can be transmitted outside of the constraints of space and time. DNA can cause magnetized wormholes in vacuum space. These wormholes are microscopic equivalents of the Einstein-Rosen bridges that appear in the vicinity of black holes. Quantum tunnels (which are similar in concept to wormholes) enable objects to pass through barriers that are impassable according to Newton’s classical laws of physics.

DNA accesses information via these wormholes, passing it to 'consciousness', so enabling one to gain access to information that is outside one’s knowledge base. {I call this dimensional contact and genetic information transfer of a very high level.} This process is known as hypercommunication. Inspiration, intuition, telepathy, and channeling are manifestations of activated hypercommunication.

In nature there are many examples of hypercommunication...