Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freemasons and Martinists

Freemasons and Martinists

The Martinists claim a 25,000 year existence and they claim many of the greatest adepts have been their members including St. Germain.

The Freemasons will claim they are many things and started at many times in different places, and there is truth in every claim if you need to have a history to make your story ring true.

In every era they fight and disagree or play ego games between this region and that Lodge or this name for this ritual and so on. When new knowledge comes into the mass awareness their names and rituals will change and it is not new that these things happen as we will see Robert Graves looking back to the mouse cult origins of Apollo worship and his replacing Zeus as a result of the games I am talking about.

From The White Goddess we have him saying a load of truth and giving glimpses into code or wisdom (yes, the two connect). It is hard for me to over-emphasize the importance of his work.

"But even after Alexander the Great had cut the Gordian Knot—an act of far greater moral significance than is generally realized—the ancient language survived purely enough in the secret Mystery-cults of Eleusis, Corinth, Samothrace and elsewhere; and when these were suppressed by the early Christian Emperors it was still taught in the poetic colleges of Ireland and Wales, and in the witch-covens of Western Europe. As a popular religious tradition it all but flickered out at the close of the seventeenth century: and though poetry of a magical quality is still occasionally written, even in industrialized Europe, this always results from an inspired, almost pathological, reversion to the original language—a wild Pentecostal 'speaking with tongues'—rather than from a conscientious study of its grammar and vocabulary.

English poetic education should, really, begin not with the Canterbury Tales, not with the Odyssey, not even with Genesis, but with the Song of Amergin, (1) an ancient Celtic calendar-alphabet, {Ogham} found in several purposely garbled Irish and Welsh variants, which briefly summarizes the prime poetic myth. I have tentatively restored the text as follows:

(Notes: 1 As Shakespeare knew. See Macbeth, IV, i, 25. 12)

I am a stag: of seven tines,
    I am a flood: across a plain,
    I am a wind: on a deep lake,
    I am a tean the Sun lets fall,
    I am a hawk: above the cliff,
    I am a thorn: beneath the nail,
    I am a wonder: among flowers,
    I am a wizard: who but I Sets the cool head aflame with smoke?
    I am a spear: that roars for blood,
    I am a salmon: in a pool,
    I am a lure: from paradise,
    I am a hill: where poets walk,
    I am a boar: ruthless and red,
    I am a breaker: threatening doom,
    I am a tide: that drags to death,
    I am an infant: who but I Peeps from the unhewn dolmen arch ?
    I am the womb: of every holt,
    I am the blaze: on every hill,
    I am the queen: of every hire,
    I am the shield: for every head,
    I am the tomb: of every hope.

It is unfortunate that, despite the strong mythical element in Christianity, 'mythical' has come to mean 'fanciful, absurd, unhistorical'; for fancy piayed a negligible part in the development of the Greek, Latin and Palestinian myths, or of the Celtic myths until the Norman-French trovires worked them up into irresponsible romances of chivalry. They are all grave records of ancient religious customs or events, and reliable enough as history once their language is understood and allowance has been made for errors in transcription, misunderstandings of obsolete ritual, and deliberate changes introduced for moral or political reasons. Some myths of course have survived in a far purer form than others; for example, the Fables of Hyginus, the Library of Apollodorus and the earlier tales of the Welsh Mabinogion make easy reading compared with the deceptively simple chronicles of Genesis, Exodus, Judges and Samuel. Perhaps the greatest difficulty in solving complex mythological problems is that:

Conquering gods their titles take From the foes they captive make,
    and that to know the name of a deity at any given place or period, is far less important than to know the nature of the sacrifices that he or she was then offered. The powers of the gods were continuously being redefined. The Greek god Apollo, for instance, seems to have begun as the Demon of a Mouse-fraternity in pre-Aryan totemistic Europe: he gradually rose in divine rank by force of arms, blackmail and fraud until he became the patron of Music, Poetry and the Arts and finally, in some regions at least, ousted his 'father' Zeus from the Sovereignty of the Universe by identifying himself with Belinus the intellectual God of Light. Jehovah, the God of the Jews, has a still more complex history."

How can we teach the 'speaking in tongue' reversal to Ogham dialects if there is no etheric bank of knowledge called Ein Sof, the Akashic or other similar conceptualizations in language? Is it through that same ether or medium that we can attune to achieve bibliomancy, soul mates, decrees, action-at-a-distance and enhanced horizontal gene transfer now being proven?

For other ancient and pre-historic Keltic calendars see this thread.

http://forum.world-mysteries.com/thr...=3623#post3623
    Last edited by R_Baird; 02-23-2016 at 12:39 AM.

Freemasonry has a large group who are Kabbalists and they do not really know the history of it as far as I am able to determine. People think it is Jewish and yet they did not even have a clue who gave these Jews their language - Hebrew; until the 1990s.

The meaning of God and the potential of your soul can come to you through Qabala. The following explains the cults surrounding a later version of Qabala more accurately than any I have seen. Does that make any of it correct or true? No, it does not. I regard Qabala as knowledge that was maintained by the bards or story-tellers; it began before writing and probably before spoken language.

It does not matter a whole lot if I am right about it being that long ago, too much. What really matters is that Rome re-wrote everything they could not erase from the memory of people in Gnosticism, Christianity and history. Book burning only gets rid of paper, after all. They put themselves in positions of authority and blamed others including those they had created racial slurs and hatreds towards - for what they had done. Yes, the Gospels are Roman propaganda. And you can see they did the same thing to Kabbalah in this quote.

"The word Qabalah (lit. receiving, also "welcoming of God") alludes to a dynamic state of direct communication and mystical union of the individual soul with the Divine. In that sense, it is synonymous with the Sanskrit word Yoga (lit. union with or absorption in the Divine). The word "Qabalah" is often seen transliterated as "Kabbalah" or "Cabala." However, the word begins with a Qof, and not a Kaf, and only has one Beyt, not two. Hence, the Work of the Chariot uses the spelling "Qabalah" in referring to the universal mystical spirituality of the Mystical Qabalah. The spelling "Kabbalah" is generally used to designate the religious-based Jewish Kabbalah of the Pharisaic Rabbinical tradition. The spelling "Cabala" is generally used to designate the Christian Cabala that evolved to portray elements of Roman Catholic dogma as the fulfillment of the Jewish Kabbalah."

The letter "h" is a phonetic sound known as an aspirant and did not exist in most alphabets until recent times.

"The universal mystical spirituality of the children of Abraham is a robust, precious, and little known heritage upon which the fabric of the Judaic, Christian, Islamic, and perhaps even the Tantric religions are woven. In this book, that heritage is called the Mystical Qabalah."

Few who profess to know God will ever come close to s/h/it. This is a good site on the Kabbalah.

http://www.workofthechariot.com/Text...tsTemples.html

If you know a Mason try to have a discussion like this with him, and judge his response. Do not be surprised if you get an offer to join at a degree above 30, I knew far less when they offered me a 32nd degree.

Top Rosicrucians of real Rosicrucian groups (Not Blavatsky ones like AMORC) have called me an alchemist or compared me to those who have that honorific. I am not one - and if you knew what my name means you would know it is enough.

Here is Heraclitus writing about the Logos which you will also find in Buddhism, around the time that the Hebrew Bible was cobbled together. This Logos is in the Bible where you see "In the beginning was the word." All of energy and matter made from it, is built upon harmonic forces (words are harmonic especially when people like Pythagoras who is credited with the Octaves, use them) according to modern String Theory. If Gravitational Wave Theory is the best explanation it will be even more true - metaphysics is winning and people like Aristotle were able to think - despite having made many errors.

"All things come out of the One and the One out of all things. ... I see nothing but Becoming. Be not deceived! It is the fault of your limited outlook and not the fault of the essence of things if you believe that you see firm land anywhere in the ocean of Becoming and Passing. You need names for things, just as if they had a rigid permanence, but the very river in which you bathe a second time is no longer the same one which you entered before. (Heraclitus, 500 B.C.)"

That ONE or "All is within, the universe" or YHVH (The I AM consciousness) and all other ways we allow ourselves to escape reality and our potential purpose (Logos is so defined - see Logotherapy) is very important. It can harmonically converge and templates (see Teilhard de Chardin) can be 'creatively realized' (see Bucky and read his book Critical Path). But we must get closer to understanding it rather than blaming everything on boogeymen or g-ds.

Well, maybe don't lay that out all at once.

Jung can also be used to gain further insight but be careful of any quotes by those who say they take his full understanding to heart and remember the Dag Hammadi finds were Christianized which actually means it was Roman propaganda, and not fully translated in his era. http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/spirituality/jung.htm

" "A parallel form of alchemy also developed in the East, in which the liberation of the 'true man' from within was sought in forms of Indian yoga and Chinese Taoism....

"For as science freed itself of religion in an Age of Enlightenment and work in the laboratory finally shed its arcane symbolisms... so the philosophical side of the work forfeit the creative medium - the living soul - of its projections only to become the inanimate preserve of secret societies such as the Rosicrucians....

"Jung showed that the problem... of the body in general developed in Western alchemy as a compensatory undercurrent to the Christian conflict between the opposites, particularly the moral opposites of good and evil, which ever since the first day of Creation had been rent apart into upper and lower worlds. ... Alchemy represented the search for the divine spark of God's reflection in the darkness of the lower world, under the motto ascribed in antiquity to Hermes Trismegistus; 'as Above, so Below'....

"As the power of faith upheld by the Church waned, it was left to psychology to uncover the source of this sickness in modern man, a sickness and distress which Jung argued can only be cured through greater knowledge and individual experience....

"The opus of alchemy was essentially concerned with the union of opposites....

"The stone, the lumen novum, arising from the conjunction of the reconciled opposites Sol et Luna was personified as the rounded, bisexual Anthropos and proclaimed... the saviour of the macrocosm and counterpart to Christ.... Because the experience of wholeness re-connects the individual with the universal life of the collective unconscious, Jung called the mandala 'a window on eternity', a moment of 'redemption' transcending the ego-personality as the whole transcends the part." 18

Jung on Active Imagination: "Brief Extract from Analytical Psychology : its Theory and Practice The Tavistock Lectures (1935)"

On the nature of tao - From Jung's Collected Works 6 Psychological Types (1921): "This psychological attitude is...an essential condition for obtaining the kingdom of heaven, and this in its turn - all rational interpretations notwithstanding - is the central, irrational symbol whence the redeeming effect comes. The Christian symbol merely has a more social character than the related conceptions of the East....

"According to the central concepts of Taoism, tao is divided into a fundamental pair of opposites, yang and yin. Yang signifies warmth, light, maleness; yin is cold, darkness, femaleness. Yang is also heaven, yin earth. From the yang force arises shen, the celestial portion of the human soul, and from the yin force comes kwei, the earthly part....

"As a microcosm, man is reconciler of the opposites, Heaven, man, and earth form the three chief elements of the world.... Man is a microcosm uniting the world opposites is the equivalent of an irrational symbol that unites the psychological opposites.... The existence of two mutually antagonistic tendencies, both striving to drag man into extreme attitudes and entangle him in the world, whither on the material or spiritual level, sets him at variance with himself and accordingly demands the existence of a counterweight....

"The aim of Taoist ethics, then, is to find deliverance from the cosmic tension of opposites by a return to Tao.""

Unity in Yoga (one definition is union) and joining the yin and yang to get the ONE is a simple way to understanding all religious and philosophical debate. Eliade and Jung had 'words' over this and we have those letters here already.
    Last edited by R_Baird; 03-16-2016 at 12:21 PM.

In what follows you will see many disputes, new names and rites, whole new orders and a load of grandiosity and puffery. The claim that Freemasons have learned how to make a Philosopher's Stone must be another dilution of the meaning of the word or phrase. There are many words for it, many degrees or level and stages including the Elixir of Life, making of the Vitreole, colors green and white etc.

And there are Rosicrucians who certainly think they know what a Stone is who will sell you tickets to their speeches and conferences (Steve Kalec who is only 18 months a member of AMORC and says he has years as a Martinist) or books where they make a 'plant stone' whiten and calcify. Good for him - but what will it achieve? I asked and got no answer and thus started a battle on his site with him censoring what he did not want others to see.

Yes, if you repeat an experiment or dance step or and therapy you get better. So what? I know it helps balance and center the soulful essence or energy and 'chhi', 'qi', 'pranha', 'prajha or Prague where alchemists galore under Rudolf (not the reindeer) hung out, 'pneuma', and your centers of bodily consciounesses called chakras, solar bodies, and no doubt a plethora of other names in many languages where people traveled and learned from each other many millennia ago. This is a wiki intro to a near to or an actual member of an illumine group founded by Pasqually. You will recognize many names but not one is a beginning or first time for the name or word. being used I think.

And then you get people saying they are the re-incarnate adept of myth and fantasy or those who say they talk to g-d, go to Heaven and Hell regularly (Swedenborg) and so on or so forth. No wonder Psychiatrists grew rapidly as a profession once they got going. Some of these people travel a few hundred miles and get welcomed by members who have a vague recollection of hearing their name or meeting them at some convention - and they get to rip off a whole new set of Lodges in a new district or province. In the case of Cagliostro he went through many whole countries.

"Jean-Baptiste Willermoz (July 10, 1730 – May 29, 1824) was a French Freemason and Martinist who played an important role in the establishment of various systems of Masonic high-degrees in his time in both France and Germany.

Biography[edit]

Jean-Baptiste Willermoz was born on 10 July 1730 in Lyon. He was the oldest of 12 children. He lived mainly in Lyon. He was the brother of Pierre-Jacques Willermoz, a physician and chemist who also worked on the Encyclopédie of Diderot and D'Alembert.

He was a manufacturer in silk and silver at Rue des Quatre-Chapeaux, and as a volunteer director of charities, he played an important role in the European freemasonry of his time. As such he was initiated at the age of 20 and became Venerable Master of his lodge at 23.[1]

As a mystic, passionate about the secret nature of initiation, he contributed to the creation of the Regular Grand Lodge of Masters in Lyon and became its Grand Master in 1761. The Grand Lodge practised the seven Masonic high-degrees of the time, and added an eighth named "Scottish Grand Master, Knights of the Sword and the Rose-Croix." Willermoz founded in this setting, in 1763, together with his brother Pierre-Jacques, a lodge entitled "Sovereign Chapter of Knights of the Black Eagle Rose-Cross" which was devoted to alchemical research [1]

He was admitted to first grade in the Order of the Elus Cohens {DNA research recently showed a fairly substantial number of Cohens today are Levites or the Priesthood of Israel in the times of the Bible they and their friends wrote and gave each other monopolies like usury in that dogma.} at Versailles in 1767 personally by Martinez de Pasqually on the recommendation of Bacon of Chivalerie and the Marquis de Lusignan. In May 1768 he was admitted to the Réaux-Croix. In 1772 he corresponded with the Strasbourg lodge of the Strict Observance. After the death of Martinez de Pasqually in September 1774, he engaged with his friend and Cohen-brother Louis-Claude de Saint-Martin to write a comprehensive review of the doctrine of the Elus Cohens, in the form of lessons, called "the Lessons of Lyon" to be held from 7 January 1774 to 23 October 1776. He said in a letter of 1780 to the Prince of Hesse that he was given the rank of Réau-Croix in the Order of Martinez Pasqually.[1] {He was also a founder of the illumine Society of Avignon and that ties in with the Cathars who were ecumenical and included people like Sufis, Jews, Magi, Buddhists and any person seeking wisdom.}

In the 1770s, he came into contact with Baron von Hund and the German Order of the Order of Strict Observance which he joined in 1773 with the chivalric name Eques ab Eremo and Chancellor of the Chapter of Lyons. In 1774 he set up Strict Observance's Lyon lodge, La Bienfaisance, and became chancellor of its new province, the directory of Auvergne. It was under his leadership that the "Convent of Gaul, Lyon was held in 1778 that recognized the degrees of Profès and Grands Profès and constituted the Beneficent Knights of the Holy City(CBCS)[1] . Willermoz introduced also at the Convention of Lyon the Régime Ecossais Rectifié (Rectified Scottish Rite), which combined Templar Freemasonry with the religious ceremonial of the Elect Coëns.

In 1782, Willermoz wrote that there are three kinds of alchemical freemasons:
    Those who think that the purpose of Masonry is to make the Philosopher's Stone.
    Those who search for the Panacea.
    Those who search for the Science of Great Work by which man would find the wisdom and practices of early Christianity (to which he himself subscribed)[1]

Owing to disagreements within the Rite of Strict Observance, Willermoz organized in July 1782 the convent of Wilhelmsbad where 33 delegates attended in Europe and saw to the creation of the Rectified Scottish Rite There he defended the place of Martinist currents in the rite, through the delegacy of Joseph de Maistre who sent his famous Memorandum to the Duke of Brunswick,.[1] This was not supported by the other delegates.

Very reserved towards Cagliostro, he thought, after several conversations with him, that he did not promote an "orthodox" Christianity in his eyes. He therefore urged members of the Knights Beneficent not to give any credence to him, nor to the lodge he founded in 1785 in Paris, the first mother-lodge of the Egyptian rite, whose name was "the Wisdom Triumphant".[2]

Worried about the eventual outbreak of the Revolution, he hid in Ain, in a house belonging to his brother Pierre-Jacques, taking with him his extensive Masonic archive.[1]

He was later appointed General of the Department of the Rhone by the Prime Consul on 1 June 1800, an office he held for 15 years. He resumed his Masonic activities with a resurgence of the CBCS in 1804, and dedicated himself to this end until his death (in Lyon) at age 94 on 29 May 1824.[1]"
    Last edited by R_Baird; 02-23-2016 at 12:47 PM.

Should I do a thread titled Morals and Dogma to show the Anderson's Constitutions and Pike's work co-operating or dancing to a larger purpose or tune? Maybe that will be needed and maybe the thread will be titled The Hibernians or Soc Ros or Robert the Bruce.

In the many millennia since humanity learned a love of knowledge and tested it till it became wisdom, people have claimed greater truths that they knew more than the man over the mountain or across the body of water that kept people apart long enough so that they became less important in each other's lives.

The opposite also was and is true. When they felt uncertain or saw the 'others' were thriving they blamed it on gods and forces they could not control. Over time there became an idea that these gods needed interpreters and so began a major deceit and cause of the destructions borne through hatred of our fellow man.

Alongside the priests and those who started believing their leaders were people who understood a better philosophy must exist and they found people in the next clan who shared their perspectives and wanted to build upon those shared efforts and thoughts. But when times were tough and no common enemy of their families and clans or tribes were present there were places in this world that saw the green-eyed monster of jealousy contribute to even greater dissonance and became hatred guided by the interpreters and those appointed by the interposition of those who spoke for the embodiment of our collective soul and wisdom.

It is my perception that this occurred a long time ago - over 100,000 years and maybe some groups had refined systems of governance as much as 200,000 or more years ago. It varied in places on this Earth as the climates changed and people had to move and find new places to live during major changes in the environment. In places where the climate changes never included Ice Ages with Glaciers, or had easy access to food and less need of shelter, there was far less threat from nature (gods).

But after a major cataclysm when a meteor broke through the crust of the Earth and volcanos and earthquakes spewed massive amounts of dust into the atmosphere. Worldwide tidal waves and a millennia of nuclear winter which gradually subsided caused an end to most social co-operation. This occurred in the area we can see parts of the meteor fell into the ground and caused little lakes and ponds across the Carolinas. The crust breach was in what we call the Bermuda Triangle as well there were nearby (Caribbean, for example) fault lines moving enough for massive drops of urban centers below the water.

What had been a savannah in the northern parts of Africa (for one example but central Asia had a similar change) started to become a desert or the process of change was abruptly accelerated. But the climate in more northern regions had become unlivable except near the Gulf Stream perhaps. Whoever survived had moved to the warmer regions and they had lots of land or room and it was a welcome sight to see other humans. Saber-cats and common natural threats made tribal allegiance a necessity and a move to urban dwelling was occurring even before the great cataclysm as we know in Anatolia and mountains nearby as well as what we have only glimpsed at the bottom of the Black Sea.

It became necessary to re-build the numbers of each clan and all of humanity. Many areas saw women as baby-factories and created harems, equality was threatened and serious social changes occurred we are still suffering through, because people who had to spend their life with children as the main purpose in their existence let men get away with being children. I am kidding, a little. The men amused themselves in fraternal groups and activities. They even began to believe women were less able to see the gods and natural forces we call gods or other names. This is the backdrop for the Masons and Martinists, Brahmins and later Maharajahs etc.

I do not think the names matter so much until religions started becoming more powerful than the clans and the Brotherhood thereof. Let us say around the time when the megaliths stopped being built is a good time to say the Masons who built these megaliths like we see on the Giza Plateau had a formal beginning. Let us say their battles with the priesthoods saw a rise and a fall from the battles over a millennia or two. Some need for re-constituting various Brotherhoods like The Great White Brotherhood of Master Craftsmen occurred in the second millennia BCE. There were also grave-robbers, pirates and assassins who formed something similar to guilds and professional lobbies.

But the wise men and shamanic communities that people like Gurdjieff tell us still maintained their knowledge through all of these upheavals seem to have become involved from time to time as they grew their power at the expense of others. These elite families who some of their historians like to say they have a complete history for are saying they are Martinists. They are also important family units with names like Stuart or the kin of Benjamin and sons of Mile (Milesians, Brutti etc.). These people go forth and continue creating children with women who they are not married to, and we get in-fighting and squabbles between first born son of the first wife and so on.

Did all of the fraternal organizations come together at any point? Maybe a lot of them had to when the elites created massive Empires like Greece and Rome or Britain. The same families built nations and still had knowledge of their cousins who they enjoyed jousting and little war games with until the beginning of the 20th C. You can say their corporate entities still enjoy these jousts and trysts. Did they make plans on a larger scale at some points in history? I say they always had plans and yearly meetings and there is ample evidence of it since the Trojan War.

They cull their own members who do not have a value to contribute or who are their bastards sons throughout time as well. But they did make a serious attempt to make sense of all the nonsense at the meetings which lead to the Treaty of Westphalia in the 17th C. AD. There were still some families who felt they were better and their nations more deserving even though they recognized the others also had the Divine Rights of Kings still. Into this maelstrom came the Enlightenment after the Renaissance had beaten back the Dark Ages. Both the Renaissance and Enlightenment had been fostered by the elite of the elite families. The de Medicis and their Alumbrados outreach which began the Jesuits after a failed attempt to do too much too fast in places like Avignon during the 12th C. and two centuries thereabouts, are important. They adopted a son of the Hessian branch of their family and his name is St. Germain.

It is a lot more complex with many guilds and associations in all parts of the realm. I am focussing on what grew into the Masons mostly and you can see some higher plans called Illuminati (Illumine and Alumbrados) as well. After the Revolutions in France and the Americas were over we saw Albert Pike create a compendium of laws and writings which the Anderson (see my story of them and a daughter or two - see also the Constitutions) family also did in the Emerald Isles. Yes, all of what you read so far, is just preamble to his important compilation or editing of Morals and Dogma. You might notice Pike is Scottish Rite and Andersons are Scots, and guess there is a higher group or two.

Here is a little from the first degree or Apprentice level.

"Intellect is to the people and the people's Force, what the slender needle of the compass is to the ship--its soul, always counselling the huge mass of wood and iron, and always pointing to the north. To attack the citadels built up on all sides against the human race by superstitions, despotisms, and prejudices, the Force must have a brain and a law. Then its deeds of daring produce permanent results, and there is real progress. Then there are sublime conquests. Thought is a force, and philosophy should be an energy, finding its aim and its effects in the amelioration of mankind. The two great motors are Truth and Love. When all these Forces are combined, and guided by the Intellect, and regulated by the RULE of Right, and Justice, and of combined and systematic movement and effort, the great revolution prepared for by the ages will begin to march. The POWER of the Deity Himself is in equilibrium with His WISDOM. Hence the only results are HARMONY."

Yes, I know you have some swamp land to sell me. I know most people also know how the Hegelian Dialectic of "say one thing and do another" traps low level people with BELIEFS into the net and corrals for eating and shearing ops or Black Ops in militaristic ventures which General Smedley Butler confessed to having done in the time shortly after Morals and Dogma saw the light.

I put this here in the Gurdjieff thread because of the words 'Truth and Love' as we have explored their use as words and abuses thereof in this thread. I will also put it under the thread Freemasons and Martinists. I am debating with myself about creating a thread called Morals and Dogma. The various Illuminati threads also need it - including the Swedenborg thread, but you can read them or not as you choose.

There are people who say Pike created the New World Order because of a dream or vision. That is easy to do and lots of people have had these grandiose visions because some of the visions (like Jung's) are actual tap-ins to the 'future possible' which is like your grammar terms past pluperfect or whatever. Sometimes there are people who project these visions and energies they know another person will believe and act upon. Which case is at work with Pike? Is the fact that he has a statue in Washington even though he was a Confederate officer of some import or meaning? Does the fact Jefferson Davis has a middle name "Benjamin" mean anything? Look into where he was buried in France. Then consider why a respected northerner named Robert E. Lee also has a statue in Washington and look into his ancestor Robert the Bruce. All co-incidences or all nonsense from my fevered mind, no doubt. Let me assure you Pike was not the creator of a New World Order, and the Order is very old. Same thing goes for his Illuminati and other friends therein.

In the case of Pike's vision it might well have been a lie by a Cardinal Rodriguez. Why (?), to blame some other players for things his group intended to bring about or foster. The same can be said about Hitler but not, I think, those of Napoleon in the Great Pyramid or Cecil Rhodes in what became Rhodesia.

"Pike's Letter to Mazzini

It is a commonly believed fallacy that for a short time, the Pike letter to Mazzini was on display in the British Museum Library in London, and it was copied by William Guy Carr, former Intelligence Officer in the Royal Canadian Navy. The British Library has confirmed in writing to me that such a document has never been in their possession. Furthermore, in Carr's book, Satan, Prince of this World, {Sure, "the debil made 'em do it."} Carr includes the following footnote:

"The Keeper of Manuscripts recently informed the author that this letter is NOT catalogued in the British Museum Library. It seems strange that a man of Cardinal Rodriguez's knowledge should have said that it WAS in 1925". [quote]

It appears that Carr learned about this letter from Cardinal Caro y Rodriguez of Santiago, Chile, who wrote The Mystery of Freemasonry Unveiled.

To date, no conclusive proof exists to show that this letter was ever written. Nevertheless, the letter is widely quoted and the topic of much discussion.

Following are apparently extracts of the letter, showing how Three World Wars have been planned for many generations.

"The First World War must be brought about in order to permit the Illuminati to overthrow the power of the Czars in Russia and of making that country a fortress of atheistic Communism. The divergences caused by the "agentur" (agents) of the Illuminati between the British and Germanic Empires will be used to foment this war. At the end of the war, Communism will be built and used in order to destroy the other governments and in order to weaken the religions." 2

Students of history will recognize that the political alliances of England on one side and Germany on the other, forged between 1871 and 1898 by Otto von Bismarck, co-conspirator of Albert Pike, were instrumental in bringing about the First World War. {Bismarck was astute and he knew the hand of the Rothschilds in this.}

"The Second World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences between the Fascists and the political Zionists. This war must be brought about so that Nazism is destroyed and that the political Zionism be strong enough to institute a sovereign state of Israel in Palestine. During the Second World War, International Communism must become strong enough in order to balance Christendom, which would be then restrained and held in check until the time when we would need it for the final social cataclysm." 3

After this Second World War, Communism was made strong enough to begin taking over weaker governments. In 1945, at the Potsdam Conference between Truman, Churchill, and Stalin, a large portion of Europe was simply handed over to Russia, and on the other side of the world, the aftermath of the war with Japan helped to sweep the tide of Communism into China.

(Readers who argue that the terms Nazism and Zionism were not known in 1871 should remember that the Illuminati invented both these movements. In addition, Communism as an ideology, and as a coined phrase, originates in France during the Revolution. In 1785, Restif coined the phrase four years before revolution broke out. Restif and Babeuf, in turn, were influenced by Rousseau - as was the most famous conspirator of them all, Adam Weishaupt.) {Famous yes, and therefore not the decision maker. Other groups including the Illumine of Benedictine monks like Pernety and even this Mazzini or later P2 etc., are also just window dressing.}

"The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the "agentur" of the "Illuminati" between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion…We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time." 4

Since the terrorist attacks of Sept 11, 2001, world events, and in particular in the Middle East, show a growing unrest and instability between Modern Zionism and the Arabic World. This is completely in line with the call for a Third World War to be fought between the two, and their allies on both sides. This Third World War is still to come, and recent events show us that it is not far off."

http://www.threeworldwars.com/albert-pike2.htm

They forgot the Cold War including Korea and Vietnam and you could also say another World War I will call WWIV called the War on Terra by Bushes and shrubs.
    Last edited by R_Baird; 02-23-2016 at 10:59 AM.

In evaluating the claims of the Martinists I find a Martin family has a legacy in the Americas and ties to Masonic Lodges in Ireland with my ancestor Myles Keogh. I can see it connected to William of Orange and many other directions all very mysterious including the notorious Black Prince. Martinez de las Casas Pasqually has used other spelling and names, including perhaps the noted historian who might be a relative.

I have no good reason to believe they existed before this Martinez and his lying followers who write about themselves as great adepts.

I can explain how (like Lafitte and Columbus) he is of Cathar Jew heritage who are Sephardim. They also went to Portugal with the reformed Templars called the Knights of Christ, while others went to be with Robert the Bruce and fought beside him while he also created a Rose Croix type group called the Societas Rosicruciana en Anglia.

Wikipedia gets the history pretty close, as I see it.

"Martinez de Pasqually, whose biography is continually being researched, due to the lack of documentation, appears in the history of French freemasonry in 1754.[citation needed]

His exact date and place of birth, as well as his true nationality is unknown. Some[who?] say he was of Jewish descent, without being able to establish this with certainty.

He is also believed[by whom?] to have been a Portuguese citizen by some. In 1772 Pasqually went to collect an inheritance in the island of Hispaniola. Grainville, one of his fervent disciples, came from the Caribbean. In any case, at the time he went to Saint Domingue, the French colony which was soon to become Haiti, he was traveling back and forth to a French colony and Spanish colony, not a Portuguese holding. He died within two years and appears to have influenced early mystic groups in the Caribbean. Others[who?] again claim he was born in Grenoble. In reality, we know nothing with certainty of his origin. His activities before 1760 are also poorly understood. This is largely due to the fact that he used several different names and signatures on official documents during his lifetime.

Elus Cohens[edit]

For twenty years, spanning from 1754 to 1774, the year of his death, Pasqually worked ceaselessly to establish and promote his Ordre des Chevaliers Maçons Élus Coëns de l'Univers.

In 1754 he founded the Chapter of Scottish Judges in Montpellier.

In 1761, he became affiliated with the lodge La Française in Bordeaux and founded a Cohen Temple there.

In 1764 La Française was reorganized by him as Française Élue Écossaise to indicate that it now had a Chapter of superior degrees.

In 1766 the directors of the Masonic province of Bordeaux declared that they were abolishing all constitutions relating to higher grades apart from the first three (Regular Blue- or St. John's degrees of: Apprentice, Fellowcraft and Master). As a result, all the works of the Chapter were suspended. This same year Martinez travelled to Paris and found a new and explicit Elus Cohen-temple together with Bacon de Chivalerie, Jean-Baptiste Willermoz, Fauger d'Ignéacourt, the Count of Lusignan, Henri de Loos, Grainville, and several others that were to play important parts in the history the Order.

In 1767, he established the Sovereign Tribunal who would direct the whole Order of the Elus Coens.

In 1768 he met with Louis-Claude de Saint-Martin. The personality and teachings of Pasqually made a deep and lasting impression on Saint-Martin. Conversely, Pasqually himself was influenced by Saint-Martin who decided to leave his military career in 1771 and become the personal secretary of Martinez, replacing Abbe Pierre Fournié. From this period the notable development of the rituals of the order starts and Pasqually's drafting of his magnum opus, the Treatise on the Reintegration of Beings, the main doctrinal foundation of the Martinist theosophy and theurgy.

In 1772 Martinez, embarked on a trip to Santo Domingo to receive an inheritance, and subsequently died there in 1774. Thereafter, the Order disintegrates.

In 1776, the Coens Temples of La Rochelle, Marseilles, and Libourne fall into the grasp of the Grand Lodge of France.

In 1777, the rites are no longer in operation and institutional use, except from some circles in Paris, Versailles and Eu.

Finally, in 1781, Sebastien Las Casas, third and last 'Grand Sovereign' of the Elus Cohens (successor of Caignet de Lester, who died in 1778) ordered the closure of the eight remaining temples that still recognize his authority. Neither Las Casas nor Caignet played a very important role in the orders development.

Despite the official closure, the Elus Coens continued to both practice theurgy, and to conduct initiations. On the other hand, the theosophical teaching of Martinez was not lost, in masonry, it spreads even long after the death of the leader through the Masonic system established by Willermoz shortly after death his master.

Besides Willermoz and Saint-Martin, the last known personal disciple of Martinez was Abbe Pierre Fournié. It was around 1768 that he met the teacher who would make him turn around his life completely, and of whom would be employed as secretary. Initiated as an Elus Coën, the tonsured cleric Fournié resides mainly in Bordeaux, where he mediates the correspondences between different members of the Order.

In 1776, Louis-Claude de Saint-Martin is quoted as describing him as an Elus Cohen exceptionally favored in supernatural manifestations; the source is Fournié himself in his own work What we've been, what we are and what we become (1802), in fear of saying too much. At the time of the revolution Fournié emigrated to England, where he remained until his death, and in this period, from 1818 to 1821, he befriends the Theosophist of Munich Franz von Baader.

The structure of the Elus Cohens[edit]

This doctrine, he intended for an elite chosen from the ranks of his contemporary masons, and gathered under the banner of the 'Elus Coens' (Elect Priests). Quickly this order gained quite the reputation in French masonic circles, but the theurgic operations remained reserved for the higher degrees. Martinez did not, to a greater extent, graft his system solely on freemasonry. Until 1761, it is to be located in Montpellier, Paris, Lyons, Bordeaux, Marseilles, and Avignon.

In 1761 he built a special temple in Avignon, where he resided himself until 1766. At that time, the Order of the Elect Coens is worked as a high-degree system superimposed on the Blue Lodges: The first class has three symbolic degrees, and that of 'maître parfait élu', then the grades Coens proper: apprentice Coën, fellowcraft Coën, and master Coën, Grand Master Coën or Grand Architect, Chevalier d'Orient or Knight Zorobabel, Commandeur d'Orient or Commander Zorobabel, and finally the last degree, the supreme consecration of Reaux Croix.

In 1768, Jean-Baptiste Willermoz is ordained Reau-Croix by Bacon Chivalerie. Louis-Claude de Saint-Martin commenced the system in 1765, rising quickly to Commander of the Orient. The years 1769 and 1770 saw the Coen-groups multiply extensively in France. In 1772, Saint-Martin was ordained Reau-Croix.

Recent discoveries on Pasqually's ancestry[edit]

According to the researches of George C. and the elements discovered by Michele Friot and Nahon, namely a certificate of Catholicism (published in Bulletin de la Société Martines de Pasqually, Bordeaux) and the letters from Martinez regarding the Guers affair, neither Martinez nor his father could be Jewish. The third reason is that at the time, Jews were not accepted as Freemasons in France. {As if they would know.} These facts disprove the hypothesis proposed by the late Martinist-scholar Robert Amadou who proposed that Martinez was a Spanish Jew (Louis-Claude de Saint-Martin et le Martinisme, Paris, Éditions Le Griffon d'or, 1946).

The theory of Martinez being Portuguese is also contested: The fact that Martinez traveled to Santo Domingo to receive an inheritance, does not support the theory of Portugal as his ethnic background. The island of St. Domingo (Hispaniola) was never under Portuguese rule, seeing that the French settlers, the 'Frères de la Côte Français' seized control over areas gradually abandoned by the Spaniards.

In a word, the western part was under French sovereignty and that of the Spaniards was located to the east. (Henri Bernard Catus May 27, 2009). The place of residence for Martinez, namely Leogane and Port-au-Prince, was French and occupied by the regiment of Foix, the same military operation from which Saint-Martin himself was recruited.

The wife of Martinez is believed to come from the very rich French settlers of the island; Collas de Mauvignié originally from Gornac near Bordeaux. Martines married Collas Angelique Marguerite, daughter of Anselm Collas on August 27, 1767 at Gornac.

However, if Martinez spoke French very well, he wrote very badly. His son, according to a police report, spoke Spanish very well. The hypothesis of a Spanish origin should therefore be retained. Research done in Grenoble by G.C. on all civil records on marriage certificates shows that Martinez is not registered in Grenoble. But it is possible that children born in the military forces at the time were not recorded in parish registers. Grenoble keeps track of a document stating that Captain Pasqually was stationed there, but it may be a namesake at the recovery of bodies of troops from Spain and used in the French army.

De Grainville was one of the most loyal of secretaries of Martinez, and also attained the degree of Reaux-Croix. He was born June 21, 1728, in the island of Bourbon (now Reunion Island), a native of Normandy (historical archives of the Army Château de Vincennes Paris). He ended his military career in 1780 with the rank of lieutenant colonel.

Doctrine[edit]

continuing from Wikipedia

"The doctrine of Martinez is described as a key to any eschatological cosmology. God, the primordial Unity, had a desire to emanate beings from his own nature, but Lucifer, who wanted to exercise his own creative power, fell victim to his own faults. In his fall, which included his followers, he found himself trapped within an area designated by God to serve as their prison. God sent man, in an androgynous body and endowed with glorious powers, to keep Lucifer's rebels at bay and work towards their reconciliation. Adam prevaricated himself and fell into the very prison he was to contain, becoming a physical and mortal being, and was so thus forced to try to save both himself and the original creation. It can be done via inner perfection with the help of Christ, but also by the theurgic operations that Martinez taught to the men of desire he found worthy of receiving his initiation. {In short anyone stupid enough or rich enough to be if use.}

Through these rites, the disciple is to enter into relations with angelic entities that appear in the operations as passes. These are to appear mostly in the form of characters or hieroglyphs of spirits invoked by the operator, as proofs that he is on the proper way of reintegration.

Legacy[edit]

After World War 2 Robert Ambelain created a new "Martinist Order of the Élus Cohen" as a revival of the Order of Pasqually. This was officially closed, as publicly announced in the martinist magazine L'Initiation, in 1964.

However, several strains of martinist-orders have continued to operate the Elus Cohens in succession of the Ambelain resurgence.

Today the Elus Cohens is mainly worked in two different manners, one in the fashion of Robert Ambelain, heavily influenced by his own Gnostic Church, the rite of Memphis-Misraim and his personal take on the kabbalah.

There also exists another manner of operation, where Pasqually's original system is practiced more in tune with the intents of the system as it were in the 1770s, where neo-gnostic tendencies and kabbalah is removed, in favor of the original doctrines. In France one such circle is supposed [by whom?] to exist, but not in public.

Officially, Ordre Reaux Croix is working the Elus Cohens in a similar manner, and also including women, as Pasqually himself did on two occasions."

Although there are many Martinist websites I chose this one with the name ancient in it. My perspective is they all lay claim to being conduits to more ancient knowledge and yet, they have no history they want to expose because they know history is a pack of lies being proven wrong all the time. Maybe in time they will concoct more elaborate schemes and designs - give them time and their history will catch up as they get chronovisors or actually make a Philosopher's Stone. Don't they realize the Church gets away with having prophecies and histories of magnificence and deceit which get proven wrong all the time? Maybe I should start an order. Whatever! I hope you enjoy them talking about all the liars in all religions.

"Our primary Goal is to bring you information about Martinism and about our particular Order - The Ancient Martinist Order.

We feel that the times are changing and that the hour has arrived to change a little bit the position of our Order, giving a bit more information about us...

For centuries, the visible and invisible schools of mysteries had the privilege and the power to access an ancient source of knowledge and to give to very few the access to it. It was then necessary to pass several tests in order to prove, to him and to all those who were already Initiates, his true interior and external force; his true will and his strongest perseverance.

If the candidate passed all those tests, he would be in a condition to be received among the enlightened ones.

Those tests, those proofs and those sworn and professed commitments, associated with the presence of the sacred forces invoked by the group, especially by the one who would establish the link between the visible and the invisible (transforming an act of pure theater in a sacred ritual), was and still is, named: Initiation.

We must try to understand this word in a sacred sense. It as nothing to do with the belonging to a club or to a social or financial elite. It is something different, more high, more elevated. It is a need, a calling to serve, to serve All. It is the will to cooperate in the project of the Creator.

We see, every day, hundreds of people being cheated in false traditions, huge superstitions, false religions;

We see, every day, people trying to find a Way to their lives and going into paths that will not even give them hope.

We see, every day, injustice growing and true honor falling into disgrace. The evil being put on an altar and the Divine being criticized and destroyed, buried and stepped on.

We see, every day, the rise of movements of the new age, only making big plans composed of teachings not apprehended, using strange words to describe simple things, and making jokes about the Sacred, giving workshops about esoterism, and using that word to sell, sell and sell...

True esoterism cannot be sold. It is conquered. Slowly! In a process in which each person develops his own true Self, in order to achieve a higher comprehension of the reality of the world that surrounds us.

A flower is not only a vegetable. It has life, colors, perfumes. It reacts to external stimuli like the Sun and the rain. It is... Unique. Like the plant, each one of us is unique. Each one of us as life, color, perfume. But more than that... Each one of is, as a divine spark, unique, but linked to all the other sparks. Like every little grain of sand or every little drop of water belongs to the planet earth; so thus we also belong to only one reality. All this must be truly comprehended In a full-scale manner, and not just in a limited way.

There is much to be done and little time to do it. The time is now! Not yesterday, and certainly not tomorrow.

In Martinism, we can only give for free what you have received for free. The Truth. Not a truth... THE Truth!

If that is your true desire, and believe me, it is not a easy one, please fell free to contact us. You can use the above link/e-mail in the menu, or send a e-mail to the chancellery at: [email protected]

We hope with this website that your heart be awakened. We hope that you open yourself to the knowledge of our Order and the true desire of its Tradition.

We hope one day you find your way in the Work of the Grand Design. May your steps conduct you to the Sacred Spring, the Source of all Life.

Yours before the Sacred Flambeaux,

The Chancellor of the Order,

Sâr Christophorus"

http://www.ancientmartinistorder.org/welcome.html
    Last edited by R_Baird; 02-23-2016 at 12:16 PM.

They try to connect themselves with a Catholic Saint of the 4th C. AD which A. E. Waite points out is not their man with the name Saint-Martin. Any person wanting to found an order and fleece sheeple who had the name Hey-soos or Moses would like that kind of thinking. It will not fly except where the flies are so numerous the sky is darkened and no one can read, if they were ever taught. Their Rosicrucian brethren have a better history but they have also reached back and picked up names out of the past, and fabricated their history. So they are kinder than I am to these fakirs. I have a real problem with them even using the word Hermetics in their website. You will see some of this was picked up by Blavatsky and thus we get AMORC and less than truthful alchemist wanna-bes.

"Arthur Edward Waite on Saint-Martin and a possible affiliated organization at Saint-Martin's time, in his book "a new Encyclopaedia of Freemasonry" Waite presents the following information: Waite explains there's been a Saint-Martin (circa 316-397 A.D.), who was Bishop of Tours in 371, on which a masonic rite was based about 1770, the rite carried the name of "Ecossais Rectifie de Saint-Martin". The rite arose at the time at the "Lodge -or- Chapter of St.Theodore of Metz". But, as Waite explains, the rite was based on the christian legend of Saint-Martin, who was Bishop of Tours in the 4th century A.D., and not on Louis Claude de S.M.

Dr.Edouard Blitz, General Delegate of the Supreme Council of the Martinist Order in the U.S.A. and successor of Antoine Pont's E.'.C.'., also refers to the "Rectified Rite of Saint Martin" in the 'official' Martinist manual he wrote. The manual was called 'Ritual and Monitor of the M:::O:::', and was published on April 2, 1896. According to Blitz, the rite was established by Saint-Martin himself in 1767.

"The system of De Pasqually's Elus Cohen underwent a transformation by Saint-Martin, and became the rectified Rite in 10 Degrees, classified in 2 Temples", thus Blitz. In 1782 Martin's Rite was introduced in Germany, according to Blitz. The 10 degrees were transformed into 7 Degrees and the rite was known in Germany as "Reformed Ecossism".

Papus, Chaboseau and the 'Ordre Martiniste'

As stated before, it has probably never been the intention of Louis Claude de Saint-Martin to found an actual order, but the continuation of the S.I. Initiation transmitted from person to person would finally lead to the foundation of one of the most prolific esoteric organizations of the western world, the ORDE MARTINISTE or in English, THE MARTINIST ORDER.

It was P. Gaëtan Leymarie ( 1817 - 1901 ), publisher of the periodical 'La Revue Spirite', who arranged a meeting in Paris between Gérard Anaclet Encausse (07/13/1865 - 10/25/1916 ) aka Papus, and Pierre-Augustin Chaboseau (06/17/1868 - 01/21/1946). Leymarie was a disciple of Allen Kardec (Leon Revail) . Kardec had published in 1857 "Le Livre des Esprits", after which Kardec became a household name in the world of Spiritism ( Kardec is important mostly for his codification of the doctrine of spiritual progress through reincarnation, a doctrine which influenced Blavatsky in her Theosophical writings).

Both students of medical science, Papus and Chaboseau discovered that they both had received the S.I.-Martinist Initiation. In 1888 Papus and Chaboseau exchanged Initiations to consolidate their lines of succession. Gerard Encausse (Papus) had received his 'Initiation' from Henri Dellage, a few weeks before Delaage's death in 1882. Pierre-Augustin Chaboseau was initiated in 1886, at the age of twenty, by his aunt Amelie de Boise-Montmart."

http://www.hermetics.org/Martinism.html
    Last edited by R_Baird; 02-23-2016 at 12:44 PM.

Back again to Pike and Morals et Dogma we have what I consider a confession about the myths and lies built up around their Lodges and the paraphernalia therein. It addresses their deities, their venerated Temple of Solomon and much more, pay close attention when you see "said to be".

"The ORNAMENTS of a Lodge are said to be "the Mosaic Pavement, the Indented Tessel, and the Blazing Star." The Mosaic Pavement, chequered in squares or lozenges, is said to represent the ground-floor of King Solomon's Temple; and the Indented Tessel "that beautiful tesselated border which surrounded it." The Blazing Star in the centre is said to be "an emblem of Divine Providence, and commemorative of the star which appeared to guide the wise men of the East to the place of our Saviour's nativity." But "there was no stone seen" within the Temple. The walls were covered with planks of cedar, and the floor was covered with planks of fir. There is no evidence that there was such a pavement or floor in the Temple, or such a bordering. In England, anciently, the Tracing-Board was surrounded with an indented border; and it is only in America that such a border is put around the Mosaic pavement. The tesseræ, indeed, are the squares or lozenges of the pavement. In England, also, "the indented or denticulated border" is called "tesselated," because it has four "tassels," said to represent Temperance, Fortitude, Prudence, and Justice. It was termed the Indented Trassel; but this is a misuse of words. It is a tesserated pavement, with an indented border round it.

The pavement, alternately black and white, symbolizes, whether so intended or not, the Good and Evil Principles of the Egyptian and Persian creed. It is the warfare of Michael and Satan, of the Gods and Titans, of Balder and Lok; between light and shadow, which is darkness; Day and Night; Freedom and Despotism; Religious Liberty and the Arbitrary Dogmas of a Church that thinks for its votaries, and whose Pontiff claims to be infallible, and the decretals of its Councils to constitute a gospel.

The edges of this pavement, if in lozenges, will necessarily be indented or denticulated, toothed like a saw; and to complete and finish it a bordering is necessary. It is completed by tassels as ornaments at the corners. If these and the bordering have any symbolic meaning, it is fanciful and arbitrary."
    Last edited by R_Baird; 02-23-2016 at 01:03 PM.

The Illumine and Society of Avignon which I think are connected to the Cathars who the Templars definitely fought beside until the cause was hopeless and their leader Jacques de Molay was slow roasted on a spit for hours until his head exploded; would like to know the Cathars have some recognition in Masonry today.

No doubt there are people who think I am possessed by a Cathar demon or deluded about what I say about Illuminized people like Goethe. In Symbolical Masonry - an important Masonic book by Haywood we have these words in support of what I say.

"Symbolical Masonry, by H.L. Haywood, [1923], at sacred-texts.com

CHAPTER V

THE HOODWINK

I

"Where were you prepared?" The answer made to that question opens for our vision a way into one of the secrets of Freemasonry. We must prepare ourselves in order to receive any teaching whatsoever, for we see only, as Goethe has expressed it, "that which we carry in our hearts." For this reason many of the Ancient Mysteries insisted on a long period of preparation, as do many churches to-day. For the same reason the Masonic lodge should see to it that the candidate is as fully prepared in mind as he is in body before he is given admittance to the door. In some parts of Europe, I have been told, an experienced Master Mason is appointed sponsor, or godfather, to a candidate; and lodges of instruction are held in which the petitioner is taught something of the history and principles of the Order. Surely this is a wise custom! Many a man—you yourself, perhaps, were one, as was I—has stepped into the First Degree without the slightest inkling of what "it was all about," with the consequence that he has been too bewildered to know whether to laugh or to cry. And how often it happens that a candidate passes from one degree to another as rapidly as he can learn the lectures, moving all the while in too great haste to comprehend the simplest rudiments of the great ideas and teachings that are dramatically presented to him moment after moment! To be "prepared in the heart" means that within one's own mind and feelings he is experiencing the meaning of that which he does and sees; if a candidate is hustled along too rapidly to be able to have any such understanding of the degrees, how can it be said that he is duly and truly prepared to be a Master Mason?

The Ritual itself is wise in these connections because it recognises the fact that a man must be prepared in the heart as well as in the preparation room. Except a man's mood be right, except his will be in the appropriate attitude, except he act from true motives, and in a reverent prayerful frame of mind, the "work" will be to him as meaningless as an old wives’ tale. It is necessary that every lodge arrange to prepare the candidate's mind by previous instruction; and it is equally necessary that it build about the preparation room a wall of secrecy and sanctity in order to ward off the jest or careless word that may lead a candidate to approach the door in light or flippant mood.

Being in Masonic ignorance, a seeker after light, and a representative of the natural untaught man, it is fitting that the candidate be made to walk in darkness by wearing the hoodwink which Mackey has well described as "a symbol of secrecy, silence, darkness, in which the mysteries of our art should be preserved from the unhallowed gaze of the profane." The use of the blindfold goes far back among secret societies, even to the Ancient Mysteries, in which the candidate was usually made to enter the sanctuary with eyes covered.

The Cathari, whom Innocent III tried so hard to annihilate, and who were at bottom Christian mystics, {And ecumenicists who knew who Yeshua was and how racism and other guises of dogma are wrong.} were accustomed to call those seeking initiation into their mysteries "hoodwinked slaves," implying that the eyes of the soul were still blind in ignorance and lust. Our own use of the device is in harmony with these old customs and ideas. The purpose of the hoodwink is not to conceal something from the candidate, for it has another significance: it symbolises the fact that the candidate is yet in darkness, like the babe lying in its mother's womb. Being in darkness the candidate is expected to prepare his inmost mind for those revelations that will be made to him after the hoodwink is removed."