Thread: John Ruskin

John Ruskin

If you read Professor Quigley about the influence this Oxford Professor had through Cecil Rhodes on our government or shadow government of the present you might be surprised at the depth of his involvement in ecology and even drafting or architecture along with his art. I think you will often find throughout human history that the people who know Nature most intimately are healthier for it, and they draw close to our real god in everything. His mentor was Thomas Carlyle who he wrote a biography on, and Carlyle also affected the Transcendentalists like Emerson. Goethe was a mentor for Carlyle and he was a great critic and artist or Renaissance Man.

Perhaps Henry David Thoreau got the involvement of Nature best (philosophically) of them all, but Whitman as acknowledged by Vivekananda was the greatest of all American Transcendant people. I favor William James in the science element of all these things most spiritual surrounding our recent universities and institutions of higher learning but I would also have to say his student Gertrude Stein had the greatest impact on art and she "Charmed' us all, even if we do not know it.

Wikipedia says this about him (in part of a very long entry).

"In all of his writing, he emphasised the connections between nature, art and society. He also made detailed sketches and paintings of rocks, plants, birds, landscapes, and architectural structures and ornamentation.

He was hugely influential in the latter half of the 19th century, and up to the First World War. After a period of relative decline, his reputation has steadily improved since the 1960s with the publication of numerous academic studies of his work. Today, his ideas and concerns are widely recognised as having anticipated interest in environmentalism, sustainability and craft.

Ruskin first came to widespread attention with the first volume of Modern Painters (1843), an extended essay in defence of the work of J. M. W. Turner in which he argued that the principal role of the artist is "truth to nature". From the 1850s he championed the Pre-Raphaelites who were influenced by his ideas. His work increasingly focused on social and political issues. Unto This Last (1860, 1862) marked the shift in emphasis. In 1869, Ruskin became the first Slade Professor of Fine Art at the University of Oxford, where he established the Ruskin School of Drawing. In 1871, he began his monthly "letters to the workmen and labourers of Great Britain", published under the title Fors Clavigera (1871–1884). In the course of this complex and deeply personal work, he developed the principles underlying his ideal society. As a result, he founded the Guild of St George, an organisation that endures today."

The separation between wisdom schools is not nearly as great as in the disciplines of study we see in public institutions. Our mind conceives in visions more art - FULL than designed, or am I wrong to use the word mind? We have much to grasp in the world around us and inside our soul.

http://connection.ebscohost.com/c/li...ature-metonymy
    Last edited by R_Baird; 02-25-2016 at 12:16 PM.

Being nice is not always appropriate when it comes to telling the truth about what people fool-owe. History may make things seem true and use works like honor and glory but there is another side to these myths of great nations and people.

The Committees of 100 which have been a force in world politics for a long time now, were organized, funded and controlled by Cecil Rhodes and his intellectual descendants. However, this fact came to be, we should know Rhodes was a man under the control of very adept practitioners of occult arts. I cannot prove a connection with the Freemasonic Order of the Golden Circle and other 99 groups but I am near to certain there is such a connection. It is more than just the number 100 (the final member of a 99 group is a demon such as Hitler had Bathomet in the group he was part of - or was influenced by, just as was true of Rhodes - through a vision or remote possession). I do connect the dots in history back to the Bavarian Illuminati of Weishaupt founded by Goethe and even more adept occultists like St. Germain. Then came Carlyle who taught Ruskin who taught Rhodes. I do have the proof of the knowledge used to affect this control or RUN people.

"A similar situation existed in the United States. Colonel Edward Mandell House met Woodrow Wilson in 1911, gained his confidence, controlled President Wilson's administration from 1913-1918, and influenced other world leaders during that era. [5]

Fifteen years later (in 1932) Colonel House met Franklin Delano Roosevelt, gained his confidence, convinced FDR he should expand the power of the federal government, and "was called by some the Hidden Master of the New Deal."

How did Colonel House control President Wilson and President Roosevelt? He was a mystic, and he was deeply involved in the occult. [6]

Colonel House (and other members of the Inquiry) met the members of the Milner Group (Rhodes' secret society) at Versailles, and established the Council on Foreign Relations that controlled the U.S. government until David Rockefeller organized the Trilateral Commission in 1973. [7]"

http://www.newswithviews.com/Monteith/stanley106.htm

Ruskin won a defamation lawsuit with James Whistler (Whistler's Mother fame) that bankrupted Whistler.
    Last edited by R_Baird; 03-01-2016 at 01:56 PM.