Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mandalas, Totems, Emblems and Alphabetaic symbols

Mandalas, Totems, Emblems and Alphabetaic symbols

Memetics and archetypes are common words in the present day, but how few of us focus our inner selves and are able to protect and be engulfed in our true reality? I see Gematria as a related subject and yet, I find it overly prevailed upon with logic. Perhaps the Keys of Solomon or his Ars Goetia captures the realms we seek more wisdom from, I am no expert in them. Adam Mc Lean makes a good start to an extension of what Ogham can still be a pathway to, when MacDari writes about "direct cognition" or others describe as 'direct perception and I call tapping-in or attunement.

"Man achieves the height of Wisdom when all that he does is as self evident as what Nature does." - I Ching

"EMBLEMATIC MEDITATION

by Adam McLean

The stream of mystery wisdom we know as the hermetic tradition, embraces many facets. It has a coherent set of metaphysical ideas that continue to make sense even within the currents of present day scientific thought, a spiritual psychology which recognises the importance of the process of change and transmutation very relevant to the present condition of the human soul, and an elaborate system of symbols which can still speak directly to us, and seem to be a map of archetypes etched into our innermost being. When we begin to look at the material of the hermetic tradition we are quickly struck by the elaborate and beautiful emblematic engravings especially from the late 16th and early 17th centuries, such as those of De Bry, Merian and others, illustrating the works of Robert Fludd, Michael Maier, Mylius, Khunrath, etc, which now seem almost mandatory for inclusion in today's popular books on the 'occult' and related themes....

In my work with the Hermetic Journal and Magnum Opus books, I have focussed especially on these emblems and tried to provide meaningful commentaries rather than using them in a decorative way. I believe these emblems are too important to be dismissed merely as fine examples of symbolic engravings. Indeed, if we work with them with any sensitivity, we will come to recognise that they possess a kind of inner life, a numinous quality. They are not merely symbolic keys to unlock the mysteries of hermeticism, but can be experienced as bearing a kind of living spiritual force that can still work in our souls today if we are prepared to contemplate them in the right way. In this short article I would like to suggest some ways in which we can work sensitively with this material.

Some Suggestions for working with Emblematic Meditation.

First of all it is important to get good examples of these emblems as so often small details in the symbolism will be found to be important. I prefer to work with them as individual emblems each on separate sheets of paper rather than bound up in a book as they are then free of any context or implication of hierarchy or sequence, and can begin to reveal their own internal architecture. The hermetic emblems are often found forming series as with Michelspacher (41, Rosarium (201, Pandora (201, Splendor Solis (221, Mylius (281, Maier Atalata (501, Stolcius Hermetic Garden (160). To begin with we should merely familiarise ourselves with the symbolism of the emblems we have decided to work with, rather than immediately trying to analyse their structure. For until we have fully breathed their complex net of symbols into our souls, initial intellectual analysis usually results merely in our unconsciously projecting our own ideas and preconceptions onto the symbols, rather than allowing them to unfold their being to us. There are quite a few writers who, rushing headlong into an interpretation, reveal their own preconceptions and philosophical outlook rather than truly encountering the inner ground of the emblems they seek to grasp. (A prime example of this is Johannes Fabricius in his book Alchemy : The Medieval Alchemists and their Royal Art, in which many hermetic emblems are beautifully illustrated, but are interpreted only through the authors attachment to a Freudian psychological model, and his text often seems to overwhelm and ignore the essence of the emblems.)

If we are to work with the emblems we should initially be aware that we have to guard ourselves against such projections.

The sheer density, enigmatic, and at times almost surrealistic nature of the symbols on the emblems allows them to echo back almost anything we care to project upon them. However, I believe we have to recognise that they are not merely mirrors in which we can narcissistically reflect our own philosophy and view of the world, but in fact they possess a living spirit that transcends such projections. So with these points in mind, we must begin by trying to build up in ourselves an inner version of the emblem. Beautiful as it may be as fine lines etched on a copper plate and pressed into paper, the essence of an emblem stands outside its particular depiction. Our initial work then involves freeing the content of the emblem from the paper and dissolving it in our soul. Some of us will find copying or redrawing the emblem, and even colouring in its symbols a useful exercise at this stage. As we work in the right way with some series of emblems, we find we are developing a kind of dialogue with the symbols and that slowly they seem to be becoming a part of our inner life. In a sense we are breathing in their essence. This process is best undertaken sporadically in response to our feelings and inspiration, rather than pushed too hard with the kind of discipline we might apply to learning a mass of facts about a subject, in order to write about it or pass some exam. I find that if I place the particular set of emblems I currently wish to work with, on the wall of my study, or just carry them around as a set of cards that I can bring out whenever I Want and spread them on a table or on the floor, then after a few weeks of living with them in this way, even the most elaborate sequences unconsciously, without any stress or pressure, have become woven into my inner world. Indeed, only at the point where we hold its entire complex of symbolism within ourselves, can we begin to work in a creative experiential way with an emblem sequence.

Emblems are flat plates, usually square, rectangular or sometimes circular windows through which we glimpse an elaborate world of symbols. As such we are forced by the format to adopt initially the role of observers at a peep show. It is this format that in fact makes the emblems so powerful. In a sense they are esoterically protected. Profound esoteric exercises have been compressed into these emblems in such a way that they remain entirely harmless to those who are unable to find in themselves the inner resources to work with them and bring them to life, and resurrect them in the activity of their souls. This is not so true of some other methods of transmitting esoteric exercises, such as ritual or group meditations, which can often have an unsettling effect upon the unprepared soul. Rituals used in any public context, outside of a working group of esotericists, should be carefully designed and balanced so as not to unduly disturb any of the participants. The esoteric content of the hermetic emblems are not so restricted because people initially view them from the outside as observers, and consequently intense and powerful esoteric material is found openly displayed and yet simultaneously hidden in these emblems.

An emblem only comes alive, or active esoterically, when one steps through the frame of the picture and becomes a participant and not merely an observer of the symbolic peep show. Just as the emblem steps towards us, freeing itself from the printed page and rebuilding itself in the imaginative pictures of our inner world, so if we are to truly make relationship with it, we in our turn must step into the sphere of action of the emblem.

[At this point I would like perhaps to expand somewhat the concept of an emblem. Although we can identify them as engravings, woodcuts or coloured drawings in manuscripts, in a sense the hermetic allegories found in various texts should be seen as paralleling emblematic material. Indeed, if we contemplate such an allegory in something of the same way suggested for the emblems, then we arrive at the same point where we bear the emblem or allegory living within our being and have to step into the symbolic action to give it life.]

We have to transform our emblem from a flat plate into a three-dimensional landscape of symbols within which we can stand. At this stage it will be found useful to begin meditating on the symbolic content of the emblem. Say we have chosen to work with a particular series of emblems and have reached the point where we have their symbolic content living within us. Occasionally, without necessarily any great preparation or ritual, we can slip into a visualisation of the emblems as windows upon a landscape of symbols, one after another in the order in which they were originally depicted. The first few occasions we might fail to get through the sequence without tiring, however, this doesn't matter and we should just repeat this short exercise say once a day for a week or so. After a few sessions, this exercise should become more and more tedious as we are able to easily recall before our inner gaze each emblem in turn, and a point will be reached when we find our seeming good progress is disturbed (in a way in which it wasn't earlier) by symbols shifting around and getting muddled, even though we know quite well where each of the symbols ought to be the tableau. Unless we have had any indication in the meantime through warning dreams or intuitions, this is the point where we step decisively into the space of the emblem. Now our meditations should become more."
    Last edited by R_Baird; 03-17-2016 at 07:47 PM.

I have put this post in many places because I think it shows how far you can go with at - one - ment.

A modern scholar by the name of Daniel Matt provides us with this description of the process. There are forms of meditation in every culture and concept of man and his relationship with the soul. Many of them have little to do with symbols or intellectual processes such as Mr. Matt provides in what follows. This particular ritual is contentious to some because it mentions the feminine aspect that is incorporated into the ancient knowledge of the Sphinx and was obliterated for many millennia by the Jehovah promoters who wanted men to dominate. The Shekinah were once female goddesses in the Judaic religious complex. Our 'feminine' soul, can open doors to major insights beyond the intellectual or social conventions. I think our god is 'within" and when we get outside our self we are "within" more of the SELF and maybe in time we are even aware of more than that, I do not have the discipline to differentiate the layers there.

"UNSHEATHING THE SOUL

PREPARE to meet your God. Prepare to devote your heart. Purify your body and select a special place where no one else in the world can hear your voice. Be totally alone. Sit in one spot in the room or the loft, and do not reveal your secret to anyone. If you can, do this by day, even for a little while, but the best way is to do it at night {Melatonin production increases at night-thus 'night-worker' is the meaning of melatonin.}. As you prepare to speak with your Creator, to seek the revelation of his power, be careful to empty your mind of all mundane vanities. Wrap yourself in your 'tallit' and put 'tefillin' on your head so that you will be filled with the awe of Shekhinah, who is with you at this moment. Wear clean garments, all white if you can. All this helps immensely in focussing your awe and love. If it is night, light many candles until your eyes shine brightly.

Then take hold of ink, pen and tablet. Realize that you are about to serve your God in joy. Begin to combine letters, a few or many, permuting and revolving them {This would be good training for people early in life and getting to know new languages.} rapidly until your mind warms up. Delight in how they move and in what you generate by revolving them. When you feel within that your mind is very, very warm from combining the letters and that through the combination you understand new things that you have not attained by human tradition nor discovered on your own through mental reflection, then you are ready to receive the abundant flow, and the abundance flows upon you, arousing you again and again.

Now turn your thoughts to visualizing the Name and its supernal angels, imagining them as if they were human beings standing or sitting around you, with you in the middle like a messenger about to be sent on a royal mission, waiting to hear about it from their lips, either from the king himself or from one of his ministers. Having imagined {N.B.} this vividly, prepare your mind and heart to understand the many things about to be conveyed to you by the letters being contemplated within you. Meditate on them as a whole and in all their detail, like one to whom a parable, a riddle, or a dream is being told, or like one perusing a book of wisdom, pondering a passage beyond his grasp. Interpret what you hear in an uplifting manner, approximating it as best you can {Chant}. Based on what you understand of it, evaluate yourself and others. All this will happen after you fling the tablet from your hands and the pen from your fingers, or after they fall by themselves due to the intensity of your thoughts.

Realize that the stronger the mental flow, the weaker become your limbs and organs. Your entire body will begin to tremble violently. You will think that you are about to die because your soul, overjoyed at what she {N.B.} has attained, will depart from your body. Consciously choose death over life, knowing that such death affects only the body and that thereby the soul lives eternally. Then you will know that you are capable of receiving the flow. If you then wish to honor the glorious NAME by serving it with the life of body and soul, hide your face, fear to gaze at God, and come no closer, like Moses at the burning bush. Return to the physical dimension, rise, eat and drink a little, inhale a fragrant aroma. Return your spirit to its sheath until another time. Rejoice in what you have, and know that God loves you.” (1)

Visualizing the colours of the light and breathing from Yogic disciplines is a much more commonly thought of meditation. There are as many ways to meditate as there are trees in the forest. Each one is different if only by the fact of each person being different.

The White Goddess by Robert Graves is second only to The Golden Bough in my estimation, when seeking the major memes and icons in our cultures. It is available for free on line. Memes are more than just designs - they include a whole energy from all who participate both knowingly and unwittingly.

He makes a good point about totemic clan symbology evolving into competitive battles between adherents who sought to make their god more powerful than any other g_d. Such battles continue with ever-present drum beats and ludicrous assertions to the present.

"Conquering gods their titles take
    From the foes they captive make,
    and that to know the name of a deity at any given place or period, is far less important than to know the nature of the sacrifices that he or she was then offered. The powers of the gods were continuously being redefined. The Greek god Apollo, for instance, seems to have begun as the Demon of a Mouse-fraternity in pre-Aryan totemistic Europe: he gradually rose in divine rank by force of arms, blackmail and fraud until he became the patron of Music, Poetry and the Arts and finally, in some regions at least, ousted his 'father' Zeus from the Sovereignty of the Universe by identifying himself with Belinus the intellectual God of Light. Jehovah, the God of the Jews, has a still more complex history."

Belinus, the Keltoi g_d Bel, and the Phoenician Ba'al of Ba'albek (The city of Ba'al) goes back a long time. Maybe before the Giza monuments. When there were no vowels in many scripts these gods all are one as is Byblos in many areas including the Tower of Babel and the Bible.
    Last edited by R_Baird; 03-03-2016 at 10:24 AM.

R. A. S. Macalister was a top English archy/anthro linguist early in the 20th C.. He was in the camp which said Ogham came after Rome but learned more as time went by and it was seen all over the Americas. I recall him allowing a date around 1200 BCE before he died. But if you look at the variety of scripts and usages you can see there was a long time developing. It became Runes and is said to be from whence the I Ching began according to some (Including me). If you browse for Tiffinaugh you won't find it - but a top linguist who was part of the team who broke the Mayan Code says it is early Ogham and on the Peterborough Petroglyphs which document a 4th millennium BCE visit there by Woden-Lithi. His name is David Kelley, Professor Emeritus of the University of Alberta. I believe Tiffinaugh was a Libya region variation and you will see it in this compendium of Ogham scripts. https://www.google.ca/search?q=ogham...Q&ved=0CDgQ7Ak

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._A._Stewart_Macalister

Druidic University:

Long before there was a Rome or Eternal City there was a Druidic University near Rennes-le-Chateau. Just as we saw Oxford University was built at the same location the Pheryllts (Druidic Alchemists like the Cabiri discussed by Lewis Spence) had a university you will find many locations sacred to the Kelts are usurped by Rome/Bruttii. Chartrés is one of the most intriguing of these sites. Rome made it a custom to build on the old cultures roads and churches or other sacred sites starting with Constantine and Heliopolis. I highly recommend Fulcanelli's Les Mysteres des Cathedrales if you can find it and if you are able to intuit code. Here is a little wisdom from a man who mentions Fulcanelli. The language of the region Saunière grew up in is in fact 'of Occamy' or Alchemy. It is Langue D'Oc (camy) or Languedoc. In fact the whole region is sometimes called by this name. When he mentions the Language of the Birds he is addressing the Bardic Troubadours of the Hibernian system. It is BRD and my last name.

Vincent Bridges is on the right track as he knows the Green Languages and the Language of the Birds which was originally BRD in vowel less script and symbols that became language or alphabets. Thomas Carlyle and his Cant is there too. Here is what Mr. Bridges says which ties Jesus into the forum of adept Hibernians or Gaedhils.

"It was also the "green language" of the Freemasons ('All the Initiates expressed themselves in cant,' Fulcanelli reminds us) who built the art gothique of the cathedrals. Ultimately the "art cot," or the "art of light," is derived from the Language of the Birds, which seems to be a sort of Ur-language taught by both Jesus and the ancients. It is also mentioned in the Sufi text, entitled "The Conference of the Birds," by Attar the Chemist. In de Tassey's French translation of this work, which Fulcanelli references, the "conference" of the title is translated as "language." De Tassey goes on to explain the complex linguistic metaphor beneath the simple fable. Fulcanelli uses the same method to decode the alchemical meaning of the cathedrals." (3)

You will find the above quote in the following. Who said it first is immaterial to me, I probably have it properly referenced in my books like From OM to Ogham (and reversed).

"Language of Light - "Language of the Birds"

The Language of the Birds, known as the Green Language or the Language of the Gods, embraces Kabbalah, Astrology, Alchemy and Tarot. Its grammar is symbolism, holographic symbolism, when properly understood. The language of the birds was considered a secret and perfect language and the key to perfect knowledge. It assists with the ascension of human consciousness in the alchemy of time Thoth, the Egyptian Bird Headed God, scripted the languages of our reality, to be viewed as symbolic messages through the ages, and finally brought to light at the end of the cycles of time.

Fulcanelli, a Twentieth century alchemist and philosopher, in his masterpiece ‘The Mystery of the Cathedrals’, published in Paris in 1926, was a master of the Green Language itself, and a master of the subjects usually hidden within it. Fulcanelli tells us, the key to unraveling the greater mystery of alchemy lies in an understanding of what he calls the "phonetic law" of the "spoken cabala," or the "Language of the Birds.” "What unsuspected marvels we should find, if we knew how to dissect words, to strip them of their barks and liberate the spirit, the divine light, which is within” - The Mystery of the Cathedrals – Fulcanelli

It was also the language of the Freemasons ("All the Initiates expressed themselves in cant," Fulcanelli reminds us). The language/art of light, is derived from the Language of the Birds, which seems to be a sort of Ur-language taught by both Jesus and the ancients. (The history of the word 'Cant' is seen to originally have referred to the chanting of friars). Characteristics of Cant are found in a few local dialects such as Picard, Provencal and the language of the Gypsies.

Fulcanelli tells us that "Language, is the instrument of the spirit, has a life of its own - even though it is only a reflection of the universal Idea." This Gnostic meta-linguistic mysticism is the core it seems of illumination itself."

The Magi of Lake Urmin and the Altaic long before them have left a tradition many people know only a little about and yet crave or collect.

I am referring to the so-called Persian rugs, which are totemic and mandalic and obviously symbolic. I should also point the reader to the Enneagram and Gurdjieff threads.

http://www.claremontrug.com/antique-...ugs/symbology/
    Last edited by R_Baird; 03-03-2016 at 02:20 PM.

cont'd

"Greek and Coptic writings in Alexandria, The Old Testament scrolls, even the early teachings of Clement of Alexandria and throughout most Oriental Literature, reveal references to systems of measurement, systems of vibration and systems of Light Consciousness.

Birds played an important role in Indo-European religion, from the Renaissance, {The name of India is Bharat which is also BRD as I have explained in detail.} it was the inspiration for some magical priori languages, in particular musical languages. The Whistled Language is based on natural languages used in some cultures, which are sometimes also referred to ‘The language of the birds’. The language of birds in Greek mythology may be attained by magical means. Democritus, Anaximander, Apollonius of Tyana, Tiresias, Melampus and Aesopus were all said to have understood the birds.

In Celtic mythology, birds usually represent prophetic knowledge or bloodshed (especially crows). Aboriginal Tribes of Australia had Bunjil the eagle and Waa the crow alternating throughout the tribes as their tribal symbol. The symbolic meaning of the Raven in Native American Indian lore describes the raven as a creature of metamorphosis, and symbolizes change/transformation. The Raven is the Native American bearer of magic, and a harbinger of messages from the cosmos. Messages that are beyond space and time are nestled in the midnight wings of the Raven and come to only those within the tribe who are worthy of the knowledge.

The concept is also known from many folk tales (including Welsh, Russian, German, Estonian, Greek), where usually the protagonist is granted the gift of understanding the language of the birds either by some magical transformation, or as a reward for some good deed by the king of birds.

In Sufism, the language of birds is a mystical language of angels. In the Talmud (Louis Ginzberg, Legends of the Bible, 1909), Solomon's proverbial wisdom was due to his being granted understanding of the language of birds by God.

In Egyptian Arabic, hieroglyphic writing is called "the alphabet of the birds".

In Ancient Egyptian itself, the hieroglyphic form of writing was given the name medu-netjer ("words of the gods" or "divine language").

The ancient Incas called it the Court Language, which according to them it was the key to the double science, sacred and profane. {Search for Aymara and the kuipus here.}

Middle Ages called the Gay Science/Knowledge known as the 'Language of the Gods'

Geometric Patterns and DNA

Both the writings of Thoth and Enoch suggest this “Language of Light", the harmonic science of the ancients, could actually affect DNA. {Connect with Munck, Sanderson and Cathie, also the pentagon dodecahedron and Earth Energy Grid.}

Thanks to the work of modern molecular biologists Fritz-Albert Popp and Mae-Wan Ho, we now know that DNA emits a weak form of coherent light that works like a communication system between cells and even between larger organisms. In this regard, the art of light is indeed the instrument of the spirit. It is nothing less than the mechanical framework so to speak, allowing the ‘Mind’ to exist in the universe. The Language of Light emitted and received by the DNA may be the original of all languages, the ultimate language of initiation. - Bioelectrodynamics & Biocommunication – Mae-Wan Ho,& Fritz Albert Popp

The work of anthropologist Jeremy Narby, states the Ur-language of light is a "forest television" of images in which "DNA is a snaked shaped master of transformation that lives in water and is both extremely long and small, single and double. Just like the cosmic serpent, the one who has the skin of the dragon, or has become one with the cosmic serpent of DNA, can understand this symbolic language of light. - The Cosmic Serpent – DNA & The Origins of Knowledge {A major meme or archetype might even have been a machine like the Caduceus or Manna Machine. We have whole threads developing this potential. search for Pavlita generators}

The use of cymatics proves to us that every different vibration/frequency has its own geometric pattern. The word Cymatics derives from the Greek 'kuma' meaning 'billow' or 'wave,' to describe the periodic effects that sound and vibration have on matter.

The holographic symbols of the Language of Light is said to alter the memory substrate of Language, affecting the psychological, neurological, biochemical and cosmological levels of thought attunement. It is known as an instant communication with the infinite mind, using ideographic and pictographic cybernetics. The holographics connect multiple centres of growth with a parent symbol, therefore the brain must be trained to handle complex ideographs and pictographs through a unique Light process which co ordinates all the Chakra centres to the coupling of sound and colour indexes. The light geometry changes the brains perceptual apparatus and centres the body. - JJ Hurtak (The Keys of Enoch)

Herbert Fröhlich was a theoretical physicist in the field of solid state physics and the father of superconductivity theory. Here he describes how the coherent vibrations would actually work. - Fröhlich, H., Coherent electric vibrations in biological systems and the cancer problem.

“An assembly of cells, as in a tissue or organ, will have certain collective frequencies that regulate important processes, such as cell division. Normally these control frequencies will be very stable. If, for some reason, a cell shifts its frequency, entraining signals from neighboring cells will tend to reinstall the correct frequency. However, if a sufficient number of cells get out-of-step, the strength of the system's collective vibrations can decrease to the point where stability is lost. Loss of coherence can lead to disease or disorder.”"

http://www.ancientwisdomoftheancesto...e-of-the-birds

Jung can also be used to gain further insight but be careful of any quotes by those who say they take his full understanding to heart and remember the Dag Hammadi finds were Christianized which actually means it was Roman propaganda, and not fully translated in his era. http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/spirituality/jung.htm

" "A parallel form of alchemy also developed in the East, in which the liberation of the 'true man' from within was sought in forms of Indian yoga and Chinese Taoism....

"For as science freed itself of religion in an Age of Enlightenment and work in the laboratory finally shed its arcane symbolisms... so the philosophical side of the work forfeit the creative medium - the living soul - of its projections only to become the inanimate preserve of secret societies such as the Rosicrucians....

"Jung showed that the problem... of the body in general developed in Western alchemy as a compensatory undercurrent to the Christian conflict between the opposites, particularly the moral opposites of good and evil, which ever since the first day of Creation had been rent apart into upper and lower worlds. ... Alchemy represented the search for the divine spark of God's reflection in the darkness of the lower world, under the motto ascribed in antiquity to Hermes Trismegistus; 'as Above, so Below'....

"As the power of faith upheld by the Church waned, it was left to psychology to uncover the source of this sickness in modern man, a sickness and distress which Jung argued can only be cured through greater knowledge and individual experience....

"The opus of alchemy was essentially concerned with the union of opposites....

"The stone, the lumen novum, arising from the conjunction of the reconciled opposites Sol et Luna was personified as the rounded, bisexual Anthropos and proclaimed... the saviour of the macrocosm and counterpart to Christ.... Because the experience of wholeness re-connects the individual with the universal life of the collective unconscious, Jung called the mandala 'a window on eternity', a moment of 'redemption' transcending the ego-personality as the whole transcends the part." 18

Jung on Active Imagination: "Brief Extract from Analytical Psychology : its Theory and Practice The Tavistock Lectures (1935)"

On the nature of tao - From Jung's Collected Works 6 Psychological Types (1921): "This psychological attitude is...an essential condition for obtaining the kingdom of heaven, and this in its turn - all rational interpretations notwithstanding - is the central, irrational symbol whence the redeeming effect comes. The Christian symbol merely has a more social character than the related conceptions of the East....

"According to the central concepts of Taoism, tao is divided into a fundamental pair of opposites, yang and yin. Yang signifies warmth, light, maleness; yin is cold, darkness, femaleness. Yang is also heaven, yin earth. From the yang force arises shen, the celestial portion of the human soul, and from the yin force comes kwei, the earthly part....

"As a microcosm, man is reconciler of the opposites, Heaven, man, and earth form the three chief elements of the world.... Man is a microcosm uniting the world opposites is the equivalent of an irrational symbol that unites the psychological opposites.... The existence of two mutually antagonistic tendencies, both striving to drag man into extreme attitudes and entangle him in the world, whither on the material or spiritual level, sets him at variance with himself and accordingly demands the existence of a counterweight....

"The aim of Taoist ethics, then, is to find deliverance from the cosmic tension of opposites by a return to Tao.""

Unity in Yoga (one definition is union) and joining the yin and yang to get the ONE is a simple way to understanding all religious and philosophical debate. Eliade and Jung had 'words' over this and we have those letters here already.
    Last edited by R_Baird; 03-16-2016 at 12:11 PM.

THE FUTHARK:

We all can easily see the power of logos and symbols like the cross or Swastika. These symbols were built and designed to focus power and we will develop the understanding of the mandalas a little more shortly. I have presented information about how the soul is impacted by Kabalistic means in an excerpt called ‘Unsheathing the Soul’ from Daniel Matt’s work that may seem hard to believe for the uninitiated and when he says it allows the seeker to see and feel the god force it surely seems wrong to many hard skeptical people. Runes are derived from Ogham and there are some scholarly papers that state this fact. I believe Ogham was mathematical and derived or designed to build archetypes in the energy that surrounds us.

"The oldest and most often used form of the runes is the collection of 24 Germanic rune-staves that is called the 'Elder Futhark'. This collection of signs defines an imaginative world inhabited from Paleolithic times until well into the 17th century. As late as 1700, people were burned for using them.

The 24 signs are arranged in three families, or 'aett' (pluarl aettir'), of eight signs each.
    The sequence of signs in each 'aett' is significant, and each is ruled over by a particular
    spirit: 'Freya' and 'Frey', goddess and god of fertility, love and increase; 'Heimdall', the
    Watcher and keeper of the Rainbow Bridge to the Heavens; and 'Tyr', war-leader and
    spirit of the Just. Each rune is a symbolic storehouse and a magical talisman with a field
    of meanings that connects objects, creatures, feelings, experiences, spirits, and archetypal
    processes. They are seen as a description of the inner structure of reality. Their movement
    in a particular situation articulates the way 'Wyrd', fate, is weaving our lives.

Because the runes did not go through the fixation of meaning associated with imperial
    culture {N.B.} and the development of a universal compass {Propaganda and religious
    oppression.}, their fields of meaning remain fluid and individual. Old texts and traditions,
    written much later than the signs themselves, give sets of associations, but the intuition
    still has free play. This is one of the reasons for their modern rediscovery. {Use of
    divinatory or free associative insight allows psychic talent to blossom.}

For the runes are more than a way of sending secret messages. They exist in the
    middle of a group of 'pagan' practices that includes weaving spells, speaking with the
    dead, and travelling in the spirit. They were inscribed on objects to give them power and
    potency, used to curse enemies, and seen as doorways to identification with a pagan god.
    They would be used to examine the life-path of a newborn child or to determine the path
    a tribe would follow. The cultures that used the runes put a high value on women and the
    power of the goddess. Wise women and runemasters used these signs to understand what
    the gods wanted; to see and change the shape of coming events." (3)

When they say Paleolithic they could mean from pre-Homo Sapiens era but I would say Ogham as a sign language fits that bill and Runes probably tie in with Le Placard baton of Marshack or it's minimum age of 16,000 BCE. El Coco or ogun (like ogam) could have been the earliest Ogham divinatory too. It is white colored pieces of coconut or any dark stone or object thrown or cast and then read by the hierophant or shaman.

"All things come out of the one and the one out of all things." - Heraclitus

From the ancient Qabala or Verbal Tradition beginning before mankind spoke anything different than his animal cousins we have insights into the forces and elementals connections of these forces. You can see the way we use these forces in healing or in our spiritual relationship and ways we gain wisdom throughout time. Time itself is still an unknown to our sciences but this too may prove the ancients have been correct. http://members.tripod.com/~lil_feathers/chwheel.htm

Theology has devised numerous methods to warp and weave the nature of reality into Trinitarian constructs far removed from the Triune Nature of Man. How does one put their mind around a ‘one god’ with ‘Laddio, Daddio and Spook’? Notice the definite lack
    of Taoist or feminine content in this Monotheism. In the pantheon of a religion that says there should be no graven images the production of icons and relics or Saints (demi- gods), or all the cherubim and angels seems a little busy and full of superstition to me.
    Some day maybe someone will be able to explain how it is even as monotheistic as the pagan ideals, which represent nature and its forces. Amun was part of the Sphinx and is a primary or one god confluence of force. Aten is little different and a refinement of that
    theme. Ahken –‘aten’ may have been Moses/Nefertiti and all the other roles he played as he sought power on both sides of the issues while initiating male domination in the pantheon headed by Jehovah rather than the dual gender YHVH. Aton and Atonement or
    at-one-ment is more my style of viewing things. What a web of deceit this all has been! Is man really the highest form of life on earth? I wonder about the wolf and its ethics of family orientation and then I see wolf-like behaviour in cronyistic elites.

When we eat we can also honor our temple or body and make love with every energy we bring into our self. Deepak tries hard to communicate to us, what we can be. It is a whole greater than the self and yet known within and the SELF. http://www.chopra.com/our-services/ayurveda
    Last edited by R_Baird; 03-27-2016 at 07:58 AM.

I could put many posts from the Ogham and Aymara thread here, but I will try not to duplicate as much as possible or link to other threads.

See more under thread Robert Graves.

From The White Goddess we have him saying a load of truth and giving glimpses into code or wisdom (yes, the two connect). It is hard for me to over-emphasize the importance of his work. Each animal or insect can be a totem and source for wisdom from Nature (god).

"But even after Alexander the Great had cut the Gordian Knot—an act of far greater moral significance than is generally realized—the ancient language survived purely enough in the secret Mystery-cults of Eleusis, Corinth, Samothrace and elsewhere; and when these were suppressed by the early Christian Emperors it was still taught in the poetic colleges of Ireland and Wales, and in the witch-covens of Western Europe. As a popular religious tradition it all but flickered out at the close of the seventeenth century: and though poetry of a magical quality is still occasionally written, even in industrialized Europe, this always results from an inspired, almost pathological, reversion to the original language—a wild Pentecostal 'speaking with tongues'—rather than from a conscientious study of its grammar and vocabulary.

English poetic education should, really, begin not with the Canterbury Tales, not with the Odyssey, not even with Genesis, but with the Song of Amergin, (1) an ancient Celtic calendar-alphabet, {Ogham} found in several purposely garbled Irish and Welsh variants, which briefly summarizes the prime poetic myth. I have tentatively restored the text as follows:

(Notes: 1 As Shakespeare knew. See Macbeth, IV, i, 25. 12)

I am a stag: of seven tines,
    I am a flood: across a plain,
    I am a wind: on a deep lake,
    I am a tean the Sun lets fall,
    I am a hawk: above the cliff,
    I am a thorn: beneath the nail,
    I am a wonder: among flowers,
    I am a wizard: who but I Sets the cool head aflame with smoke?
    I am a spear: that roars for blood,
    I am a salmon: in a pool,
    I am a lure: from paradise,
    I am a hill: where poets walk,
    I am a boar: ruthless and red,
    I am a breaker: threatening doom,
    I am a tide: that drags to death,
    I am an infant: who but I Peeps from the unhewn dolmen arch ?
    I am the womb: of every holt,
    I am the blaze: on every hill, I am the queen: of every hire,
    I am the shield: for every head,
    I am the tomb: of every hope.

It is unfortunate that, despite the strong mythical element in Christianity, 'mythical' has come to mean 'fanciful, absurd, unhistorical'; for fancy piayed a negligible part in the development of the Greek, Latin and Palestinian myths, or of the Celtic myths until the Norman-French trovires worked them up into irresponsible romances of chivalry. They are all grave records of ancient religious customs or events, and reliable enough as history once their language is understood and allowance has been made for errors in transcription, misunderstandings of obsolete ritual, and deliberate changes introduced for moral or political reasons. Some myths of course have survived in a far purer form than others; for example, the Fables of Hyginus, the Library of Apollodorus and the earlier tales of the Welsh Mabinogion make easy reading compared with the deceptively simple chronicles of Genesis, Exodus, Judges and Samuel. Perhaps the greatest difficulty in solving complex mythological problems is that:

Conquering gods their titles take
    From the foes they captive make,
    and that to know the name of a deity at any given place or period, is far less important than to know the nature of the sacrifices that he or she was then offered. The powers of the gods were continuously being redefined. The Greek god Apollo, for instance, seems to have begun as the Demon of a Mouse-fraternity in pre-Aryan totemistic Europe: he gradually rose in divine rank by force of arms, blackmail and fraud until he became the patron of Music, Poetry and the Arts and finally, in some regions at least, ousted his 'father' Zeus from the Sovereignty of the Universe by identifying himself with Belinus the intellectual God of Light. Jehovah, the God of the Jews, has a still more complex history."

Would that we could teach this tap-in he suggests which allows speaking in tongues and synchronous exchanges with the Akashic. I believe I have often had this tap-in during bibliomantic and other 'tripping'. Today's research on horizontal gene transfer gives me great hope.

Because Pythagoras was a Druid and other Druids before him were into Gnosis it is reasonable to assume Rome targeted Gnostic teaching to make it (like Christianity) a tool for their propaganda. The fact that many Greeks were mandating the demise of women and their rights makes me wonder if Plato really went along by his own volition - his ancestor Solon had resisted this many centuries before. We need to look closely at every single thing Rome called a heresy, it will usually (at least) be something good and important to our growth and humanity.

For other ancient Keltic calendars - refer to this thread.

http://forum.world-mysteries.com/thr...=3623#post3623
    Last edited by R_Baird; 03-03-2016 at 11:20 AM.

Of course with a title like this we have to delve deeper into meaning behind symbols and the forces associated with the meaning. In other words we are dealing in the esoteric wellspring or Qabala. You therefore should also read the thread on the Ha Qabala and Ein Sof.
    The following link starts out with Crowley and says Moses de Leon wrote the Zohar as if he did not fake a great deal of the tradition. So I put the link here advisedly. It is historically inaccurate as are many things written without new evidences of man's far greater antiquity and erudition.

http://hermetic.com/casa_del_campo/i...to_qabalah.pdf

There are so many people into Kabbalah and the Tree of Life who have so much to learn and take the little they get as if it were 'all that is'. They are limited because many academics (Despite what I just posted from Wikipedia confirming what I say about all languages of the Mediterranean including Hebrew come from Phoenician, see Phoenician colonies thread.) do not know who the originators of the knowledge are and what their history is. Yes, Qabala may pre-date white people and that has not been something insecure white people wanted to let the lesser races know. Of course, if the lesser races know more than the white people what we have is a load of issues being maintained in 'K' and 'C' balahs. The link that follows is right about symbolism and it was even more true when man only had pictographs on stone stelae and dolmens or the placement of megaliths with their energy wells built in. (Check out the piezo-electric qualities therein.)

"Symbolism is fundamental to all aspects of the Tree of Life. In this regard, it is essential to realize that a symbol can often provide a much greater wealth of information than any amount of writing or language can. In truth, a picture is worth a thousand or more words. Accordingly, all the more effective versions of the Tree of Life include the Hebrew alphabet letters, plus Tarot, Astrology, and other symbolic interpretations."

http://www.halexandria.org/dward001.htm

Hyperbole is not needed when real insight is evident, but all these people calling something by names like the "Holy of Holies" are sheep or those seeking to shear sheep. That does not mean the original symbols in the 'libraries in stone' did not include the whole range of hyperbole to simplicity. Learning how myths are made and history deceives is explored by Robert B=Graves who I have selected excerpts from in the Phoenician Colonies thread today.

http://www.ahalmaas.com/contemplatio...es-is-ultimate
    Last edited by R_Baird; 03-03-2016 at 09:43 PM.

Here we have words about reality as an ultimate destination in truth from a new guru who compares many old gurus and yet does not know the old gurus based their knowledge mostly upon the efforts of people seeking dominion over people who had to destroy older knowledge systems and discredit those original studies.

"However, many of us rest in the comfort of believing all spirituality and spiritual teachings lead to the same place and aspire to the same awakening. A few decades ago what was referred to as the Perennial Philosophy was in vogue. It is the view that all spiritual teachings are about the same truth and aspire to the same realization. They differ in approach or methodology, but ultimately they lead to the same place. This philosophical view has been mostly forgotten, basically discredited due to deeper studies and fuller immersion in the various paths. It is clear, within contemporary spiritual discourse and/or for the seasoned practitioner, that each tradition is unique; not only different in its approach and methodology, but holds a different metaphysical view and aspires towards its own perspective of spiritual completion.

Because of the plethora of spiritual teachings nowadays, one of the vexing questions that confronts spiritual practitioners is what the true nature of reality is, what the ultimate or absolute truth is. The view of what the ultimate truth of reality is determines not only the territory of the path but also methodology and attitudes. So, is there really an ultimate truth to reality? And if there is, do all teachings agree on what it is, or at least agree but conceptualize it differently? The latter is the view of the perennial philosophy that has been discredited. Let’s take a tour around the spiritual universe to find out how much agreement and difference there is between the various spiritual teachings.

Let’s start with the Eastern teachings, for they tend to conceptualize spiritual maturity as the realization of the ultimate truth. Western teachings might conceptualize ultimate truth but they do not necessarily view the spiritual quest as the realization of such ultimate or absolute truth. We’ll begin in India, where many of the major ancient traditions originated. Most Indian teachings view reality to have an ultimate or final truth, and its realization is tantamount to enlightenment or final realization. Advaita Vedanta, for instance, thinks of liberation as the realization of pure consciousness. Advaita Vedanta has many sub schools. Some believe this pure consciousness is Satchitananda, truth/being-consciousness/awareness-bliss/happiness, all facets of the same ultimate ground. Some think of it as Brahman, a silent witness beyond the world and uninvolved with it. Most of these schools, such as that of Shankara, view the world as illusion or illusory, and the individual soul as a convenient fiction that the ultimate requires for it to experience enlightenment. But some schools of Vedanta, as that of Jnanadeva, think of the world not as an illusion, but as the expression of the love of the absolute. Some of the Vedantic schools view the ultimate as simply the act of perceiving, so it is not as static as Shankara or Atmananda had held. But even with the Vedantic schools that believe in pure consciousness or Brahman as the ultimate, there are differences. Atmananda believes in pure consciousness that is the nature and ground of all things, a consciousness that never ceases. Nisargadatta Maharaj held the absolute as the source of awareness, a truth that does not reflect on itself, and that if it looks at itself it simply ceases being aware. Ramana Maharshi called the absolute the Self, as an unchanging peace and stillness. It is true there might be only small differences between these, but it is possible to recognize that they are experientially different, with a different feel, unique attitudes and various degrees of value and development of heart.

When we go to Kashimir Shaivism, the absolute is Shiva, an unchanging static stillness. However, the world manifestation is due to its inseparability from Shakti, his eternal consort that is the dynamic creative dimension that is constantly creating the world. Is Shiva the same as Brahman? And are these the same as Satchitananda? Some will answer with the affirmative, but we need to study deeply and immerse ourselves in the practices of the respective traditions for us to experience reality and enlightenment as different and unique to each. The situation gets even more interesting when we get to the Krishnavites, who believe that Krishna is the ultimate, and even though his light is the ground of the universe – as in Satchitananda- he is ultimately a person, a divine personage whose beauty and radiance eclipses the majesty of Brahman or the glory of Satchitananda.

The situation gets even more interesting when we move to Buddhism, which also originated in India. For Buddhism, the Hindu emphasis on Brahman, Shiva or Satchitananda is delusionary, for they all assume an eternally existing and unchanging substratum. For Buddhism, the ultimate truth is Sunyata, the emptiness of inherent existence to anything. So there is no inherently eternally existing substrate, whether it is consciousness or Brahman. So the Buddhists will tend to refer to the Hindu conceptions as eternalist, substantia list or essentialist. Many of their masters and philosophers, like the famous Nagarjuna, believed they refuted such metaphysical views, and that emptiness is the only assurance of a final enlightenment. However, the Buddhist themselves do not agree on the status of ultimate truth. The Theravada school posits it as anatma, the emptiness of individual self, and Mahayana as Sunyata, the emptiness of all phenomena. But even in Mahayana Buddhism, there is no agreement on what the ultimate or absolute truth is. There are basically two trends, with a debate that goes on till the present time, as we see it in the various Tibetan Vajrayana schools. There is the Rangtong school that posits emptiness itself as the ultimate, and the Shentong school that posits empty awareness as the ultimate. One might think that since for the Shentong school, as in the case of Mahamudra and Dzogchen, where the ultimate is the expanse of empty awareness, it is pretty close to the Rangtong view of emptiness as the ultimate. But in reality, the debate has not settled yet, and the schism in the Tibetan schools has had a rancorous history. The fact is that experientially they are different ways of knowing reality. When the ultimate is emptiness we see everything as characterized by the absence of inherent existence; as the absence of being, and everything simply manifests wedded to its emptiness. There is no ground besides the insight and perception that nothing exists in the conventional sense. It is an amazing and freeing awakening. But when we experience the ultimate as empty awareness, we are aware of an infinite expanse, radiant and transparent. Its radiance is the manifestation of all phenomena as the same appearance. So, there is a ground, whether called Dharmakaya or empty awareness. When emptiness is the ultimate there is really no ground, there is nothing that is, whether characterized by emptiness or not.

This is one reason that some of the followers of Rangtong Buddhism accuse Dzogchen as not being Buddhist, for it smacks of eternalism, similar to Vedanta. In fact, it is similar to some forms of Vedanta, the main distinguishing feature is the emphasis on emptiness, the awareness of which seen as necessary for enlightenment. Vedanta does not have this requirement even though some of its schools recognize emptiness as spaciousness; and Vedanta, as in the case of Ramana Maharshi, tends to think of Buddhism as nihilistic.

This is actually not the end of the differences within Buddhism. The difference between the Rangtong and Shentong orientation has to do with the view of Buddha nature, whether it is emptiness or empty awareness. But when we go to Zen, things start to sound even more different. For example, we have the well-known teaching of Dogen, the founder of the Japanese Soto Zen school, that Buddha nature is no other than impermanence. This is a profound difference from both Rangtong and Shentong, for it involves how Buddha nature combines time with timelessness, this way giving a view of time missing in other Buddhist schools.

Taoism also posits an ultimate, even though not as distinct as Buddhism or Vedanta. Tao is referred to as the way, and different schools of Taoism define it somewhat differently, with similarities and differences to Vedanta and Buddhism.

When we come to the West, most of mystical schools posit an ultimate truth. Kabbhala has Ein Sof, Christianity the father or the Trinity, and Sufism Allah or the divine essence. They tend to be similar in their metaphysical definition of the ultimate, but the similarity is mostly that it is unknowable and beyond the world of phenomena. But there are significant differences as well. For Christian mysticism, to claim being the Father will be considered heresy, and for Kabbhala it is forbidden to even think of knowing Ein Sof, let alone realizing it. However, most of them do not equate spiritual maturity with the realization of such ultimate. They are united in viewing the spiritual goal as nearness to the ultimate, or sometimes union with it, that does not claim becoming it as the Eastern teachings tend to do. They differ in many ways from each other, each claiming to have the correct view of God or the ultimate."

http://www.ahalmaas.com/contemplatio...es-is-ultimate

I repeat again.

Hyperbole is not needed when real insight is evident, but all these people calling something by names like the "Holy of Holies" are sheep or those seeking to shear sheep. That does not mean the original symbols in the 'libraries in stone' did not include the whole range of hyperbole to simplicity.

Icons, relics, artistic representations of the Heavenly Host, crosses and people dangling on them, blackboards and pulpits are symbols and hypnotic triggers. I have it on the authority of hypnotic stage performers who I have quoted as well as a United Church minister who married some friends of mine, he is an unusual member of this ecclesiasty. All of those things are symbolic and triggers for hypnotic transfer of information or NLP (NPL or whatever). Christianity has more gods than any other religion even if you think Laddio, Daddio and Spook are supreme deities that differ from others which Christianity stole those concepts from.

Many people say archetypes or symbols have little application in their thought processes. They think they came to believe what they believe through some great intellectual process unique to themself I guess. Some will say they got it all from God or another lie and fraud. Those people need serious introspection if not incarceration.

"Memetics is the study of ideas and concepts viewed as "living" organisms, capable of reproduction and evolution in an "Ideosphere" (similar to the Biosphere) consisting of the collective of human minds. Memes reproduce by spreading to new hosts, who will spread them further (typical examples are jokes, catchphrases or politicial ideas).

At present memetics is somewhat controversial. Partly this is due to misunderstandings about what it means, leading to claims that it excludes human free will, creativity and progress, and that it is bad science. This will likely change in time, as the field matures."

http://www.aleph.se/Trans/Cultural/Memetics/

The Phoenician or Irish Cultural Age (according to Masonic linguist Conor MacDari) language schools understood the magic of words and symbols better than we do today. The Phoenicians (trans. followers of the Irish King Finn and his Fianna) are the mythological Atlanteans and much more from myth is attributable to them. The Father of Biblical Archaeology says the Bible is a Phoenician literary legacy. All the languages of the Mediterranean came from the Phoenicians and I draw a connection to Peru and other places in the thread Ogham and Aymara. The Red-Headed League of Megalith Builders are Phoenicians and it now seems possible that the DNN (Sidhe) or Ainu did genetic interbreeding with Denisovan Man and Neanderthal to make those red-heads.

In this site and link you will see how the myth begins and more evidence of what I say.

"THE ISLAND OF ATLANTIS was a mythical realm of the far West which was sunk beneath the ocean by the gods to punish the people for their immorality.

The name "Atlanteans" was also given by the Greeks to the Phoenician colonies along the Barbary Coast of North Africa (i.e. around Mount Atlas). Diodorus Siculus describes their Titan-mythology and wars with the Libyan Amazones. Plato may have the same nation in mind, since he names the second Atlantian king Gadeiros after a famous Phoenician colony near the Straits of Gibraltar."

http://www.theoi.com/Phylos/Atlantes.html

Mottos are powerful communicators and memory aides. I could say brainwashing triggers and memes. The motto of all governing bodies and ecclesiasties should be 'say one thing, do the other'. In the lobby of the CIA you have what some say is their motto, I say it is more than that. It is a shared lie showing earlier liars as what they are. Here is a brief descriptive note about that saying, You can look into the Dulles and Bush family Skull and Bones Christians if you wish.

"and a bas-relief of Allen Dulles, who was CIA Director for nine years.

Etched into the wall of the original building's main lobby is a biblical verse which also characterizes the intelligence mission in a free society. It reads:

""And ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.""
    John VIII-XXXII "

Paul Devereux and Cognitive Archaeology is useful in understanding our past and how our cognitive processes are affected.

http://www.siloam.net/members.aol.co...te/jse0113.htm
    Last edited by R_Baird; 03-09-2016 at 09:58 AM.

Cruciform (crucifix form) gold discs from Ireland have amazed some Tzadik researchers. I too am amazed, because people still say metal working was a Bronze Age (or any other Age) invention. As you now know Dolni Vestonici has proof of metal-working going back almost 30,000 years. It involved a kiln inside another kiln which was still being used to make special swords for Vikings in medieval times.

Spalling was used to remove metals in Lake Superior's numerous (over 7,000) mines which I am confident go back before the last Ice Age. Spalling involves setting a fire near a rock and splitting it. When you have a cave, a fire and wind you have a very powerful smelter. Of course these techniques were kept secret and made those who had the secret into very powerful people. The legend of Excalibur is this old even though the first sword may only have been an alloy like bronze. I have learned a great deal from Bairds and Troubadours or other archaeomythology as they tell their stories.

http://www.museum.ie/en/exhibition/g...f-68edb8e21a96

In the era of Melchizedek I think you could say the Zadokites and Tzadik are one and the same. It always amazes me how a little linguistic knowledge unlocks such amazing history. In short the Hasidim are the Zadokites or zealots from the family of Jesus or Merovingian complex. Mare is a word meaning Sea in languages including Latin. Again we remove the vowels and get to see the Sea people or derivation of the title Pelasgi which all Pharaohs had. Some Pharaohs had ships entombed with them and archaeology brought these to light (fortunately). They were Phoenician designs and look like Viking ships, of course the Vikings are from millennia later. The Sea People were the holders of secrets like Copper Keels (See Thread) windlasses and torquetums or Tanawa. (See thread addressing what was found in the West Irian caves near Indonesia where we have last year's amazing proof extending man's culture way WAY back to more than a half million years.) What level of consciousness exists in our biological etheric energy such as used in Tai Chi? Is nature able to give us ways to achieve great things without our full comprehension? Did the ancients have to know why their astrolabes worked?

The Tzadik do not know their own origins because languages like Ogham have been proscribed and lied about since Rome put bounties on the heads of Druids. This was done by three different Roman Emperors but few academics seek to understand the implications. A Tzadik or 'righteous one' in Hasidic Kabbalah or Kabbalistic study is a devoted person who some think is near to god. They allow people to think they are gods when ego moves them.

The crucifix or cross is a very old representation or symbol. It is a mandala of the simplest sort with the four primary forces converging in the center. In modern Catholicism you see it used as protection when people cross themselves. The Tzadik are remnants of the arch-tectons (from whence comes the word architect) who built the Great Pyramid of Iesa. Perhaps it would be more correct to say the architects referred to in the Septuagint (A Greek Bible) are the family of Jesus and Joseph and the Tzadik aspire to understand the sacrosanct or secret knowledge thereof.

They are a most studious fellowship to be certain. The following comment on the crosses includes Crichton Miller who I came across at the site of and for Philip Gardiner who I invited to come to World-Mysteries and who has expert articles here. Crichton showed many uses in sea-going for ancient Irish (Keltoi) designs. It also mentions these designs were found all over the Bronze Age Americas just as Barry Fell proved (Search for him to see numerous threads). Philip Gardiner authored The Shining Ones which is Heliopolitan research, I have placed a link to another book by Philip which includes a review by me of his work. The Leo person is the mentor or teacher of this Reve (Rabbi) as in Abaris (See thread).

"This circle containing a cross is obviously a very simple symbol but is found everywhere. The Egyptians used it to denote a city but as you will see it has many other meanings. An Emin variation and symbol was a triangle containing a cross.

The sun cross, also known as the wheel cross, Odin's cross, or Woden's cross, a cross inside a circle, is a common symbol in artifacts of the Americas and Prehistoric Europe, particularly during the Neolithic to Bronze Age periods. {Peterborough is a site tied in with Avebury Plain and where Barry Fell translated the story of Woden-Lithi coming to mine Lake Superior's unique ores. David Kelley is a top linguist who supports Fell's assertions and translation through Ogham or a version known as Tiffinaugh which is a Libyan script - Libya was all of Africa including Egypt where Gaedhils later seen as Vikings re-located during glacial times that forced their moving. Linear A and B are important linguistic origins from the Phoenicians you can learn about coming from Old European near Dolni Vestonici as documented in Language of the Goddess by Gimbutas.}

Crossed circles scratched on stones have been recovered from Paleolithic cave sites in the Pyrenees.

At the Callanish Stones in the Outer Hebrides, the most famous megalithic site in Scotland, {I have seen Callanish dated to 9,000 years ago.} crossing avenues of standing stones extend from a circle. Scratched into stone or painted on pottery, as on that of the Samara culture, the crossed-circle symbol appears in such diverse areas as the Pyrenees, Anatolia, Mesopotamia, the Iranian plateau, and the cities of Mohenjo-daro and Harappa in the Indus River valley. {The Druids may originate here according to Peter Berresford Ellis, I say Bharat means Baird and it is the name of this whole region we call India. We Bairds are northern folk but traveled all the World so you can locate our homeland in many places. Yes, there is something to be learned in the name of the modern society which I deplore, called OBOD.}

A theory on the origins of the Celtic Cross was published in 2001 by author and researcher, Crichton E M Miller. This theory, purports the Celtic cross is a pre Christian symbol and represents an instrument of simple design capable of keeping time by observing the motions of the stars and planets.

In the prehistoric religion of Bronze Age Europe, crosses in circles appear frequently on artifacts identified as cult items, for example the "miniature standard" with an amber inlay that shows a cross shape when held against the light, dating to the Nordic Bronze Age, held at the National Museum of Denmark, Copenhagen. The Bronze Age symbol has also been connected with the spoked chariot wheel, which at the time was four-spoked (compare the Linear B ideogram 243 "wheel" ) This technological innovation, invented by the late Proto-Indo-Europeans reached Europe in the mid-2nd millennium BC. In the context of a culture that celebrated the Sun chariot, it may also have had a "solar" connotation.

Wheel pendants dating to the second half of the 2nd millennium BC, found in Zürich, are held at the Swiss National Museum. Variants include a six-spoked wheel, a central empty circle, and a second circle with twelve spokes surrounding one of four spokes.

Ornamental pins, found in Switzerland, date to the first half of the 2nd millennium BC; their circular heads are incised with crosses.

The wheel appears as a solar motif in Celtic mythology, presumably associated with Taranis, e.g. on the Gundestrup cauldron, and at an altar to the sun god at Lypiatt, Gloucestershire.

It has been claimed, but also denied, that the Celtic cross was originated by combining the sun cross with the plain Christian cross. See Celtic cross.

cont'd