Thread: Julian Huxley and the WWF

Julian Huxley and the WWF

The World Wildlife Federation has a lot of appealing faces which are in our face. Lemurs and Koalas reach us as we grow up and become more aware of our planet and our furry friends. I should call this 'The Koala Meme'. From the roar of the Lion we have something important to consider. That lion we know is important in movies and media might be waiting for it's dinner if you accept what this man (Jan Levin) is saying. He is no fool, Esalen Institute has an agenda as I have shown in the thread including them and Eranos. I currently side with the agenda and hope it can take hold before the wireless implants have to be used in order to stop the spread of Holy Wars and holes of many kinds which result when religions make fools willing to bomb us all into a feudal age they admire. "Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds." I believe it was Aldous who said that, and his grandpappy was instrumental in the defeat of Creationism which I see rearing it's ugly head once more. If Ralph Waldo Emerson was the first to say something like "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." - I would be surprised. However he fathered or initiated what has gone on at Esalen and through Aldous's work on spirituality. But he was influenced by Thomas Carlyle and Goethe of the Bavarian Illuminati. You can say Transcendentalism is what it all is even today, but I like the new phrase Ontological Anarchy.

With Emerson as the lynchpin of the Green or environmental movement along with his friend Henry Thoreau we start to have a current picture of what we should all agree has merit. It recognizes our soul and that of every form of life. Here are words from Wikipedia which establish this connection.

"Emerson gradually moved away from the religious and social beliefs of his contemporaries, formulating and expressing the philosophy of Transcendentalism in his 1836 essay, Nature. Following this ground-breaking work, he gave a speech entitled "The American Scholar" in 1837, which Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr. considered to be America's "Intellectual Declaration of Independence".[1]

Emerson wrote most of his important essays as lectures first, then revised them for print. His first two collections of essays Essays: First Series and Essays: Second Series, published respectively in 1841 and 1844—represent the core of his thinking, and include such well-known essays as Self-Reliance, The Over-Soul, Circles, The Poet and Experience. Together with Nature, these essays made the decade from the mid-1830s to the mid-1840s Emerson's most fertile period.

Emerson wrote on a number of subjects, never espousing fixed philosophical tenets, but developing certain ideas such as individuality, freedom, the ability for humankind to realize almost anything, and the relationship between the soul and the surrounding world. Emerson's "nature" was more philosophical than naturalistic: "Philosophically considered, the universe is composed of Nature and the Soul". Emerson is one of several figures who "took a more pantheist or pandeist approach by rejecting views of God as separate from the world."[2]

He remains among the linchpins of the American romantic movement,[3] and his work has greatly influenced the thinkers, writers and poets that have followed him. When asked to sum up his work, he said his central doctrine was "the infinitude of the private man."[4] Emerson is also well known as a mentor and friend of fellow Transcendentalist Henry David Thoreau.[5]"

I can make a strong case for Illuminism or spiritual enlightenment as a much preferable mind control to any religion. It has roots which go far back in humanistic or hermetic reality. Some Gnostics have been Romanized but this group also has Atwill and others on their shows addressing how Rome wrote the Gospels to control and develop a larger Empire. So I assume they know that Gnosis or 'wisdom' has a history much like Mircae Eliade and Eranos Confreres understood - it is Aldous's Perennial Philosophy.

If Jan Irvin is saying what he calls a "bump in the road for freedom" will also be replaced when humanity no longer needs to be managed or 'mind controlled' then I am in agreement with him. But he and I are not the issue. There is a need for individuals who can actually think and keep an open mind. If he thinks that is the present 'norm' he is deluded.

"“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
    Arthur Schopenhauer (1788 – 1860)

This episode is a presentation given by me, my first solo show, titled “Magic Mushrooms and the Psychedelic Revolution: Beginning a New History” – or “The Secret History of Magic Mushrooms” and is being released on Sunday, May 13, 2012.

Today is the 55th anniversary since the publication of the May 13, 1957, Life magazine article, Seeking the Magic Mushroom, published by Gordon Wasson, which is what is largely considered to have launched the psychedelic revolution.

Today we’re going to toss out the last 55 years of academic history regarding the discovery of magic mushrooms, the beginnings of the field of ethnomycology, and this major event in launching the psychedelic revolution; and we’re going to start a new history – one based on truth and verifiable facts rather than legends and myths.

Council on Foreign Relations, R. Gordon Wasson - Chairman

Six years in the making, this episode exposes one of the largest coverups in modern academic history – something that may one day be regarded as large as the Piltdown Hoax. We’re going to reveal how the psychedelic revolution was launched by the CFR, CIA and the elite, and how R. Gordon Wasson, the so called discoverer of magic mushrooms, and the founder of the field of ethnomycology, was himself a government asset, a friend of Edward Bernays – the father of propaganda, and is one of the key figures for launching one of the largest mind control operations in history – information never before revealed until today. And it doesn’t stop there. I’m going to provide information that shows how R. Gordon Wasson may have been one of the key players in the organization of the JFK assassination.

Gordon Wasson nominates George Keenan and John Foster Dulles to the Century Club. Foreign Affairs (CFR) letter head.

The entire transcript of this show is posted for download on the page to this episode on the Gnostic Media website so that you can follow along. Also included in the transcript are 70 endnotes leading to the evidence presented herein.

Download transcript file

Or see this page for the online version: http://www.gnosticmedia.com/SecretHistoryMagicMushroomsProject"

http://www.gnosticmedia.com/turning-...d-control-151/

If you read this thread you will see Esalen and Aldous Huxley are almost friends of mine. There is another thread on just Eranos, and a couple more on Jung which are important as well as those on mind control - numerous. I dare say I am pretty much an expert on these things.

http://forum.world-mysteries.com/thr...nos-and-Esalen
    Last edited by R_Baird; 03-05-2016 at 01:21 PM.

There is a lot to contemplate in what Irvin says above. I did not miss the involvement of Wasson in the banking behemoth of the Rothschilds. I see all manner of conspiracy avenues. That does not mean we do not need a plan, we need to manage our future regardless of ignorance and fools who think the elite are out to get them or the devil makes them do it. I have a very complete history going back step by step for many millennia which details the banking, spying network which is run by those who made the Bible. So I also am not surprised to see Britannica.com has a bio of Julian which would have been better for Irvin to quote in his video. It shows Julian was in British Intelligence and you should read what I say about Mountbatten, Fleming, Crowley and others inside that group. But I would want good people of the highest calibre to be involved in such organizations. Just because these people study the occult and spiritual reality does not make them bad. In some cases they are indeed potentially very bad people as is the case with Crowley and maybe even the most important man of the 20th Century - see thread.

"He developed and headed the biology department at the newly formed Rice University in Houston, Texas, before serving in the British Army Intelligence Corps between 1916 and the end of World War I. He later became professor of zoology at King’s College, London University; served for seven years as secretary to the Zoological Society of London, transforming the zoo at Regent’s Park and being actively involved in the development of that at Whipsnade in Bedfordshire; and became a Fellow of the Royal Society. He is perhaps best known among biologists for coining the term “evolutionary synthesis” to refer to the unification of taxonomy, genetics, and Darwinian theory in the 1940s. He was the first director general of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) in 1946–48. He was knighted in 1958. In 1961 he cofounded the World Wildlife Fund for Nature. A biography The Huxleys by Ronald W. Clark was published in 1968."

So, here we are; Mr. Levin claims to be a Gnostic and it would appear he is upset that Esalen and government are lining up ducks to shoot in the barrel of religion. I can call myself a Gnostic of the Hermetic variety as well, and I have had extensive confrontations with many so-called Gnostics. If he is a Kabbalist type I would not be surprised. I have done enough research to know it is highly unlikely he is fully cognizant of what Gnosticism is. If he was quoting Eliade and Jung rather than pointing fingers at the Huxleys I would probably not feel he is threatened that the government correctly plans for the future of humanity and humanism is the way to do that. Another word for Hermetics is 'secular humanism' and my book on Alchemy: Sages, Peryllats and Humanists speaks to that.

There are a lot of people who exhibit common sense (an all too rare thing) that understand it is what we DO that determines what we are; rather than what we say (!) we believe. Practicing random acts of kindness and sharing would go a lot further than trying to convince others that we know something we are only on the verge of beginning to see. This principle or law is encompassed in the saying of the Magi called 'Right Thought=Right Action'. The practices of Tai Chi and qigong (pronounced 'chee-gong') work with the energy that surrounds us and sustains us and our astral selves. In China it has a prehistoric origin that makes the government want to stamp it out. This is the kind of religion that focuses on personal transformation and healthful interactions with all around us. They say it differs from Yoga or Tai Chi in that it is less complex and requires less focus on breathing. This 'They' is Falun Dafa or Falun Gong. You should have heard about the attacks on it in China and maybe you know it is spreading in America. The Chinese government is trying to extradite the leader back to China. The heresy trials and Inquisitorial approaches of nations are still with us. 'Chhi', 'Qi', 'Pranha' and other names like 'cosmic soup' are really the same thing as what the limbo state and astral energy or auric bodies are made up of.

The benefits of looking inward for growth and purpose are much better than trying to get someone else to believe as you do. In his foreword to 'The Tibetan Book of the Dead' with an Introduction by Lama Anagarika Govinda, Carl Jung made some excellent points. He says that we are visualizing these energies and spiritual dimensions according to our prevailing ethnic and cultural idioms. If we believe in Shiva or Jesus, Mohammed or Cernunnos then when we encounter the energy that relates to these cultural images, that is what our mind translates to our conscious brain. Science can prove the neurophysiological nature of these assertions now. It surely would cut a huge swath through a lot of ecclesiastical structure if everyone was to know we are all affected by the same 'gods' with simply different stories and names. Ecumenicism is not (as the Catholic Cardinal Biffi would like) just a dialogue between Christian denominations. It is a 'Brotherhood of Man' initiative that all of us must endeavour to bring to fruition. We are endeavoring to find the best way to show how the 'his'-story has stolen this once common perception that Falun Gong harkens back to. History has taken us away from our soulful connection. The growth of man's culture seems headed towards more of what is called connectivity or 'Critical Mass' through shared archetypes but the manipulation of thought and development of counter-archetypes is causing a lot of confusion.

Northrop Frye addresses this growth that Jung studied in this brief excerpt.

"Jung believes, however, that the ordinary medical analogies of diagnosis, treatment, and cure are not adequate for the psychologist. The physical body nearly always matures in about twenty years, but in most people the psyche remains largely undeveloped throughout life, though it possesses within it a force of growth toward the 'individuation' which is its peculiar maturity {I posit Jung understood 'PURPOSE' in the same way Viktor E. Frankl did in what became Logotherapy. Jung understood that 'individuation' is aligned with all the forces and powers making each of us more whole when we know the 'one'-ness.}. This growing force within the psyche is what Jung, in contrast to Freud, means by libido, {Freud was an ego conflicted individual who never understood the sensual drive to achieve 'one'-ness.} and, being a biological force, it behaves teleologically, just as an acorn behaves as though intended to become an oak tree. When a psychologist tries to help a neurotic, he is helping release the power of growth, and he ought to realize that any 'cure' is only one stage in the process he has started going." (2)
    Is Bonsai and Feng Shui not very much the extreme of ecological insight? A study of Alan Watts and his Zen which was fostered by Eranos and the Campbells will also shed light on 'wisdom' acquisition from NATURE! Levin needs to study 'individuation' before talking individuality.
    Last edited by R_Baird; 03-05-2016 at 01:42 PM.

I have yet to find a Gnostic who understands their own history. The Patriarch of the Essene Templars (Thomas Mor) came close and I see Nazarenes now using what I told him and he agreed was right about their roots. Yes, the Gnostics are connected with Pythagoras the Druid, Therapeutae Essenes, Theraveda Buddhists, Qabalists and alchemists. But the plethora of cults and hawkers of enlightenment from these sources makes me sputter and choke. I greatly prefer that they do some original thinking and add something to what they are plagiarizing and I see this is what Aldous, Joseph Campbell and friends have done. I do not like the CIA use of NLP or NPL and other occult knowledge anymore than Levin. I am very sensitive about religious backlash to growth in 'gnosis'.

Icons, relics, artistic representations of the Heavenly Host, crosses and people dangling on them, blackboards and pulpits are symbols and hypnotic triggers. I have it on the authority of hypnotic stage performers who I have quoted as well as a United Church minister who married some friends of mine, he is an unusual member of this ecclesiasty. All of those things are symbolic and triggers for hypnotic transfer of information or NLP (NPL or whatever). Christianity has more gods than any other religion even if you think Laddio, Daddio and Spook are supreme deities that differ from others which Christianity stole those concepts from.

Many people say archetypes or symbols have little application in their thought processes. They think they came to believe what they believe through some great intellectual process unique to themself I guess. Some will say they got it all from God or another lie and fraud. Those people need serious introspection if not incarceration.

"Memetics is the study of ideas and concepts viewed as "living" organisms, capable of reproduction and evolution in an "Ideosphere" (similar to the Biosphere) consisting of the collective of human minds. Memes reproduce by spreading to new hosts, who will spread them further (typical examples are jokes, catchphrases or politicial ideas).

At present memetics is somewhat controversial. Partly this is due to misunderstandings about what it means, leading to claims that it excludes human free will, creativity and progress, and that it is bad science. This will likely change in time, as the field matures."

http://www.aleph.se/Trans/Cultural/Memetics/

The Phoenician or Irish Cultural Age (according to Masonic linguist Conor MacDari) language schools understood the magic of words and symbols better than we do today. The Phoenicians (trans. followers of the Irish King Finn and his Fianna) are the mythological Atlanteans and much more from myth is attributable to them. The Father of Biblical Archaeology says the Bible is a Phoenician literary legacy. All the languages of the Mediterranean came from the Phoenicians and I draw a connection to Peru and other places in the thread Ogham and Aymara. The Red-Headed League of Megalith Builders are Phoenicians and it now seems possible that the DNN (Sidhe) or Ainu did genetic interbreeding with Denisovan Man and Neanderthal to make those red-heads.

In this site and link you will see how the myth begins and more evidence of what I say.

"THE ISLAND OF ATLANTIS was a mythical realm of the far West which was sunk beneath the ocean by the gods to punish the people for their immorality.

The name "Atlanteans" was also given by the Greeks to the Phoenician colonies along the Barbary Coast of North Africa (i.e. around Mount Atlas). Diodorus Siculus describes their Titan-mythology and wars with the Libyan Amazones. Plato may have the same nation in mind, since he names the second Atlantian king Gadeiros after a famous Phoenician colony near the Straits of Gibraltar."

http://www.theoi.com/Phylos/Atlantes.html

Mottos are powerful communicators and memory aides. I could say brainwashing triggers and memes. The motto of all governing bodies and ecclesiasties should be 'say one thing, do the other'. In the lobby of the CIA you have what some say is their motto, I say it is more than that. It is a shared lie showing earlier liars as what they are. Here is a brief descriptive note about that saying, You can look into the Dulles and Bush family Skull and Bones Christians if you wish.

"and a bas-relief of Allen Dulles, who was CIA Director for nine years.

Etched into the wall of the original building's main lobby is a biblical verse which also characterizes the intelligence mission in a free society. It reads:

""And ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.""
    John VIII-XXXII "

And if Transcendentalists are to include the Illuminatus Goethe who introduced this art to Carlyle and thus Ruskin (To Cecil Rhodes) we are at a convergence of the Perennial Philosophic impulse. It was borne in the Logos and Harmonic therein according to my interpretation of Tesla who brought us the technological means to implant thoughts in our minds soon (Omega Stations like Pine Gap satellites and Cheyenne Mountain near where he demonstrated his wireless energy associated with the Earth Energy Grid).

In all the neo-hermetic appropriation of the same philosophies throughout the last two millennia we must keep racist ideology uppermost if we are to actually be humanists or secular humanists in the Jeffersonian mode. Yes, Bey, Wilson and Mc Kenna as well as Aldous are just neo-alchemists despite some who say they are alchemists in the case of Huxley and Terrance McKenna.

Jean Lafitte was a pirate and alchemist or hermeticist (AKA humanist). Bey needs to stay closer to his childhood fantasies perhaps. Lafitte funded Marx and Engels on the way to attempting a true communism. All we can apparently hope for is that Esalen or some similar organization will be capable of making mankind free of religion and mind control as Lafitte intended. But the word Marxism is not going to be useful to that end. Communism never existed in any nation but it too is a useless word now.

"Marxism and Secular Humanism: An Excavation and Reappraisal

Edwin A. Roberts

Introduction

The special issue of Nature, Society and Thought (NST), “Religion and Freethought” (volume 9, no. 2 [1996]), is a commendable contribution to a dialogue long overdue within progressive intellectual circles. As a longtime active member of the skeptical and secular humanist community, on the one hand, and at the same time a proponent of dialectics and historical materialism on the other, I have often been frustrated by the lack of engagement between the two traditions. In my experience, a general disrespect exists among secularists for Marxism, which often is dismissed as a dogmatic or outmoded belief system similar to religion.1 I have also witnessed a general disinterest on the part of Marxists for secularism, which often is seen as providing nothing new or interesting to their own perspectives. In many ways both of these attitudes are the result of misunderstandings about what these two traditions actually stand for, and I believe that a more active dialogue between the two schools is necessary.2 As a first step in this direction, the contributions in the NST special issue are quite encouraging.

Two important articles are Norm R. Allen Jr.’s critical intervention into the important topic of religion and Black intellectuals and Lotz and Gold’s discussion of religion and the new physics (1996). As an African American, I appreciate Allen’s comments on Stephen Carter and Louis Farrakhan, which are insightful and long overdue in this context. Also commendable is his sharp analysis of the vacuity and confusion in the theology espoused by many Black intellectuals. Lotz and Gold’s review essay on the new “God-seeking” in cosmology and physics is important because it deals with an issue of pressing concern to many skeptics and humanists irrationalism within science itself. Their essay helps to show that such irrationalism cannot be fought simply by reference to extreme doubt or pure empiricism. Lotz and Gold make a good case for the claim that only a critical methodology like dialectics can enlighten us on how contradictory patterns of stability and disequilibrium can coexist in nature without encouraging irrationalist speculation. The most important essay in the collection is “The Challenge of Explanation” by Fred Whitehead (1996). It is stimulating, informed, and thoughtful on many levels, and sets a tone indicative of the direction I believe this debate should take. As an attempt to establish a firm groundwork for a Marxist engagement with the issue of religion and freethought, however, his discussion is lacking or incomplete, I believe, in crucial areas. I propose to continue this discussion by addressing some of the important weaknesses, points of contention, and possible areas of convergence existing between Marxism and secular humanism.

In what follows, I shall excavate much valuable but largely forgotten or overlooked material concerning this issue, and reappraise the chances of developing a better understanding among adherents of both schools. Four areas need greater investigation in order to advance our understanding of the relationship between Marxism and secular humanism. The first is the critical analysis of scientific explanations of religious phenomena. The second is a more through evaluation of specifically Marxist studies and critiques of religion. The third concerns the clarification of the role atheism plays in understanding the ontological, epistemological, and historical status of religion. The fourth is the reevaluation of the history of humanist and Marxist encounters, with a focus on the reasons why a convergence between these two essentially progressive intellectual trends has, to this point, proved so illusive."

http://www.autodidactproject.org/oth...sm-roberts.pdf

We must evaluate the extent of lies from all quarters if we are to evaluate the Huxley's. Obviously by the very fact that they were related to THE Huxley in the Huxley-Wilberforce debates which put Christianity on the defensive to an extent it had to drop the creationist argument in most places and even consider the Pope might not be infallible and other lesser adaptations it waffles about such as Vatican II.

I can assure you Stanford Research Institute is totally into mind control of any and all kinds. I have raised concerns about Esalen having this kind of involvement in social engineering. Aldous and others at Esalen provided what I consider to be a leading edge breeding ground for the ecumenical wisdom all religions must eventually get behind or life on Earth is in grave danger of an Armageddon type event that many lifeforms will not recover from.

That does not mean I like Tavistock's involvement in the World Health Organization founding and support for drug pushing psychiatrists who do not study chemistry enough to know the damage done - especially when used in concert with any other form of natural and unnatural chemicals. I can tell you much of what you will read in the link that follows is true. That does not mean I agree with any of it's conclusions or fear-mongering. The Church of Scientology through Crowley and Jack Parsons is part of what happened, The kids who shot up the movie theatre in Colorado a few years ago were the children of a SRI mind control scientists who might even have used his own as guinea pigs (Not as bad as what B. F. Skinner did probably). The occult has lots of uses inside Churches other than Scientology as I have proven in many places so waving that flag around as if some devil is at work does not make any sense for me.

"The high priest for Britain's Opium War was Aldous Huxley, the grandson of Thomas H. Huxley, a founder of the Rhodes Roundtable group and a lifelong collaborator of Arnold Toynbee. Toynbee himself sat on the RIIA council for nearly fifty years, headed the Research Division of British intelligence throughout World War II, and served as wartime briefing officer of Prime Minister Winston Churchill. Toynbee's "theory" of history, expounded in his twenty-volume History of Western civilization, was that its determining culture has always been the rise and decline of grand imperial dynasties. At the very point that these dynasties—the "thousand year Reich" of the Egyptian pharaohs, the Roman Empire, and the British Empire—succeed in imposing their rule over the entire face of the earth, they tend to decline. Toynbee argued that this decline could be abated if the ruling oligarchy (like that of the British Roundtable) would devote itself to the recruitment and training of an ever-expanding priesthood dedicated to the principles of imperial rule.3

Trained at Toynbee's Oxford, Aldous Huxley was one of the initiates in the "Children of the Sun," a Dionysian cult comprised of the children of Britain's Roundtable elite.4 Among the other initiates were T.S. Eliot, W.H. Auden, Sir Oswald Mosley, and D.H. Lawrence, Huxley's homosexual lover. It was Huxley, furthermore, who would launch the legal battle in the 1950s to have Lawrence's pornographic novel Lady Chatterley's Lover allowed into the United States on the ground that it was a misunderstood "work of art."5

Aldous Huxley, along with his brother Julian, was tutored at Oxford by H.G. Wells, the head of British foreign intelligence during World War I and the spiritual grandfather of the Aquarian Conspiracy. Ferguson accurately sees the counterculture as the realization of what Wells called The Open Conspiracy: Blue Prints for a World Revolution. The "Open Conspiracy," Wells wrote, "will appear first, I believe, as a conscious organization of intelligent and quite possibly in some cases, wealthy men, as a movement having distinct social and political aims, confessedly ignoring most of the existing apparatus of political control, or using it only as an incidental implement in the stages, a mere movement of a number of people in a certain direction who will presently discover with a sort of surprise the common object toward which they are all moving . . . In all sorts of ways they will be influencing and controlling the apparatus of the ostensible government." 6

What Ferguson left out is that Wells called his conspiracy a "one-world brain" which would function as "a police of the mind." Such books as the Open Conspiracy were for the priesthood itself. But Wells's popular writings (Time Machine, The Island of Dr. Moreau, and so forth), and those of his proteges Aldous Huxley (Brave New World) and George Orwell (1984 and Animal Farm), were written as "mass appeal" organizing documents on behalf of one-world order. Only in the United States are these "science fiction classics" taught in grade school as attacks against fascism.

Under Wells's tutelage, Huxley was first introduced to Aleister Crowley. Crowley was a product of the cultist circle that developed in Britain from the 1860s under the guiding influence of Edward Bulwer-Lytton—who, it will be recalled, was the colonial minister under Lord Palmerston during the Second Opium War. In 1886, Crowley, William Butler Yeats, and several other Bulwer-Lytton proteges formed the Isis-Urania Temple of Hermetic Students of the Golden Dawn. This Isis Cult was organized around the 1877 manuscript Isis Unveiled by Madame Helena Blavatsky, in which the Russian occultist called for the British aristocracy to organize itself into an Isis priesthood.7

The subversive Isis Urania Order of the Golden Dawn is today an international drug ring said to be controlled by the Canadian multi-millionaire, Maurice Strong, who is also a top operative for British Intelligence.

In 1937, Huxley was sent to the United States, where he remained throughout the period of World War II. Through a Los Angeles contact, Jacob Zeitlin, Huxley and pederast Christopher Isherwood were employed as script writers for MGM, Warner Brothers, and Walt Disney Studios. Hollywood was already dominated by organized crime elements bankrolled and controlled through London. Joseph Kennedy was the frontman for a British consortium that created RKO studios, and "Bugsy" Siegel, the West Coast boss of the Lansky syndicate, was heavily involved in Warner Brothers and MGM.

Huxley founded a nest of Isis cults in southern California and in San Francisco, that consisted exclusively of several hundred deranged worshipers of Isis and other cult gods. Isherwood, during the California period, translated and propagated a number of ancient Zen Buddhist documents, inspiring Zen-mystical cults along the way.8

In effect, Huxley and Isherwood (joined soon afterwards by Thomas Mann and his daughter Elisabeth Mann Borghese) laid the foundations during the late 1930s and the 1940s for the later LSD culture, by recruiting a core of "initiates" into the Isis cults that Huxley's mentors, Bulwer-Lytton, Blavatsky, and Crowley, had constituted while stationed in India."

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/aquarian.htm
    Last edited by R_Baird; 03-12-2016 at 12:37 AM.