Thread: Prophets and Seers: Edgar Cayce

Prophets and Seers: Edgar Cayce

Every year, tens of thousands of people from all over the world become interested in the life work of Edgar Cayce. Throughout his life, he displayed one of the most remarkable psychic talents of all time.

For forty-three years of his adult life, Edgar Cayce demonstrated the uncanny ability to put himself into some kind of self-induced sleep state by lying down on a couch, closing his eyes, and folding his hands over his stomach. This state of relaxation and meditation enabled him to place his mind in contact with all time and space. From this state he could respond to diverse questions. His responses to these questions came to be called "readings" and contain insights so valuable that even to this day individuals have found practical help for everything from maintaining a well-balanced diet and improving human relationships to overcoming life-threatening illnesses and experiencing a closer walk with God.

Is there any explanation of his abilities?

We all have such abilities hidden deep within our minds (fiery intelligence). If one cultivates this ability and seeks this knowledge it can be theirs. I have meditated for many hours on one subject and have been rewarded with a euphoric experience that manifests as a blue-white light held within my mind's eye. In that flash that lasts less than a picosecond I have seen the answer to my quest/s. It seems to be an instantaneous gift of all knowledge surrounding the answer/s. There are times when that same flash contains visuals that also amplify the responses. We have magnificent abilities but we have been educated out of their proper utilization by a life curriculum that stresses selfishness and hate over our primary objectives of learning and seeking coherency or Love of one another as we would love ourselves, for we are indeed each other. As the cells make up our bodies so are we made up of the All. If we teach ourselves by study and meditation we can amplify to levels not unlike the "Sleeping Prophet".

Azalea Guest
    As a very, very strong empath, sometimes, you DON'T want to develop everything! Truth. There are 2 aspects of empathy that scare me to death, because I do not believe ANY HUMAN should have certain capabilities.

These two are healing & manipulation of objects. Healing hurts - all the time if you take this on to yourself. I had to learn to ignore, and basically, shut it down. Not easy. Manipulation, though, is even harder. It's a powerful feeling to KNOW you can manipulate things -especially technologies. Humans were not supposed to have this turned on in their brain, but I think that God, sometimes, lets certain people have that ESP thing going on.

I can manipulate stoplights when I want to do it. But, I also have put doors in my mind to turn it off whenever it wants to do it. So, it has become haphazard. But, that type of power is far too dangerous for a mere mortal.

Cayce? Well, he obviously had vivid dreams, as do I. Mine, on the other hand, always seem to come true, and most of them have to do with the 4 elements - over the last few years, volcanoes enmasse. I dreamed of Mt St Helens 2 years before it ever blew up. Always the same dream. Always vivid. Once it blew, no more dreams about that one. I had a couple of dreams a couple of months ago. Volcanoes blew up around the world. And, many others over the last 30 years on volcanoe's alone. Not one has not come true. But, my biggest problem is that although I can see if it is land-based or on an island surrounded by water, I cannot tell anyone where it will happen. Only that it will.

I do have one other trait most unusual in an empath...Waking visions - this is when the element of fire always appears. I have to a lot of alone time, even though I am an extrovert. Being around people overwhelms me with their feelings, and even though I can mute it, it's hard to turn it totally off. Sometimes, I succeed, but that is few and far between.

You are awakening to yourself — know thy self. Thoth has much to whisper to you. I have known this of you for eons. It is good but remember to read the post I put up at AR to Richard. It is important.

Siouxie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester View Post
    We all have such abilities hidden deep within our minds (fiery intelligence). If one cultivates this ability and seeks this knowledge it can be theirs. I have meditated for many hours on one subject and have been rewarded with a euphoric experience that manifests as a blue-white light held within my mind's eye. In that flash that lasts less than a picosecond I have seen the answer to my quest/s. It seems to be an instantaneous gift of all knowledge surrounding the answer/s. There are times when that same flash contains visuals that also amplify the responses. We have magnificent abilities but we have been educated out of their proper utilization by a life curriculum that stresses selfishness and hate over our primary objectives of learning and seeking coherency or Love of one another as we would love ourselves, for we are indeed each other. As the cells make up our bodies so are we made up of the All. If we teach ourselves by study and meditation we can amplify to levels not unlike the "Sleeping Prophet".

I could not agree more. It is only in the past couple of years that I have began to come across people with a similar thinking to my own. I used to second guess myself constantly. One day I would feel so sure of myself & my non mainstream thoughts & beliefs, because I felt that experience was my proof. Other days I would feel as though I were nothing but foolish because the majority of the world treated anyone who expressed opinions that I related to, as non-sensical.

Since then I have met people who treat the so-called "extraordinary" as simply; the forgotten ordinary. I don't believe we should shut out certain "abilities", I feel the problem lies with the fact that we have little control over them. We are supposed to use our abilities, not allow them to become unexercised so that they become almost dorment in the majority & possibly extinct.
    There is a great stigma that must be removed & it will be with time. as George Bernard Shaw said "All Great Truths Begin as Blasphemies".

Amplified Thought

It seems we are finally attracting the entities who exhibit and practice the higher art of meditation and what some call prayer. Our minds are expansive and I can create a universe in my head (actually my brain is but a physical lens on Timelessness). We can tap into this means if we align our minds properly. Each and every human has this ability, but we do not use it. I am so glad some of you have come forth to amplify our discussions. I am expecting things to get very deep here in the coming durations and if we try hard enough some amazing discussions could present some very meaningful paradigms.

Cheers to us all.

I know this is a somewhat dated thread...this is my first post to the forum, too, btw...HELLO all...but I have great regard for Edgar Cayce and his work.

I want to say something about abilities and tapping into that which was perhaps held just out of our reach (as humanity) for several thousand years...once we submit to the master...which is LOVE...we will be restored...in our abilities both psychic and mystic...this includes the ability to literally shape our environments in a much more immediate fashion than is currently allowed...by that, I mean literally and directly controlling and managing the physical aspect (shadow/hologram) with the spiritual aspect (heart/mind/soul).

When love is the energetic power source from which all ideation originates, then assisting others in healing (because no on can actually heal another but rather assist and facilitate the efforts of another toward healing themselves) is not damaging or hurtful in any way...and empathy becomes compassion that is far more useful as a support/shoulder/hand to hold than empathy's tendency to be drawn into the emotions of another rather than joining and sharing the same vibrational energy that the emotion arises from...in each of us respectively.

A predominant idea from the readings of Edgar Cayce is "Thoughts are things," as well as "Mind is the builder, your life is the result."
    Often he asked the question of "Would you make your life a miracle or a crime??"

Until love purifies our vision so that we can *see* these things and how our thoughts truly do manifest...this principle will continue in its very slow fashion, for sure...one must be patient without expectations..at least it helps but who can be patient until they've had to wait for quite some time...for anything?
    It is our inability to command matter that keeps us safe spiritually until we are no longer teenagers in the metaphysical realm.

If that makes sense....I tend to ramble and I apologize...things are much harder to put into words than they used to be! A good sign, imo.

You must know by now your article goes to the bitty-gritty of the subject. Your clarity leaves me wanting to know more.
    Last edited by crispincross; 06-02-2014 at 05:48 AM.