Thread: New Sun temple found in Bulgaria

Dude Guest

New Sun temple found in Bulgaria

They've found a Temple in Bulgaria. The same city where they've found a 8000-year old skeleton, I think. Sadly, there are no pictures of it (the temple) yet... at least I didn't find any.

Siouxie Guest

Hi Dude,

This is amazing! Its made my week at least & pictures are finally now available. Some people were expecting something far more magnificent, but it is important to remember that it was dug OUT of tonnes of rock, not erected above the ground like other sites such as stone henge & yes Dude, you are correct. It was discovered beside Ohoden, which is where the "First" European was discovered.

(The photograph wont work, so follow the link below. If you do not trust, you can find out the full URL by entering the below address into the tinyurl webite)

I would love to hear people's theories on the connection between the different Megaliths around the world.
    Last edited by Siouxie; 01-12-2011 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Broken link

Big Bend Natl. Park
    Is it safe to consider Bulgarian archaeology at present? They seem to be disregarded at present since they tend to sculpt these sites to fit the need, at least I have read such.

Isabel Guest
    Thanks a bunch for sharing the link to the information and the link to the photos, it is so exsiting to find out information of this kind!

youtube mp3 converter
    how to download music from YouTube

very good article really superb

Oildale, Kern, California, USA, 93308
    I thought sun temples are found only in India. India is famous for many amazing sun temples, I know that sun temple also tells the time based on the sunlight of sun. But the pictures posted in your article does not give any signs of sunlight watch. Please give us more information and pictures of Sun Temple.
    Last edited by jamesdcorner11; 11-29-2012 at 02:37 AM.
    James D Corner

Professional Archaeologist.

Oildale, Kern, California, USA, 93308.

Any connection with sun worship or Heliopolitanism is a sun temple. You will find the sun god Lugh Long Arm or a variation (Per its guardian Rod Schmidt) near you at Inyo in Bishop California. There is a thread here to connect you to Inyo.

Here is a henge calendar from 10,000 to 12,000 years ago. Such things are not uncommon and most will have been destroyed by the ravages of time.

Marshack's accurate lunar calendar on an antler greatly pre-dates these things. See thread Pre-Neolithic Calendars.

New Dawn Magazine brings us another great article which touches on all so many threads.

Secret Mysteries of the Sun Revealed

From 1209-1249 one of the worst genocides in history was conducted against the Cathars, a heretical sect in southern France. Pope Innocent III, promising gold and indulgences (the remission of punishment due for sins) in exchange for the blood of the Cathars, sent 30,000 crusaders into France to massacre the Cathars and their supporters.

The Cathars were hunted, tortured, burned at the stake and savagely murdered by the Church’s hired killers. Estimates place the total number of Cathars and sympathisers murdered between 300,000 and 1,000,000 men, women and children. Throughout this bloodbath, an amazing phenomenon was witnessed. The Cathars did not express fear, anger or pain, but only bliss, despite the most horrendous atrocities committed against them. What were they on?

According to William Henry in Mary Magdalene: The Illuminator, it was a psychoactive substance produced by the brain – the Cathars had learned the techniques necessary to produce it from the secret teachings of Jesus. It was called Christos (anointing oil) by the Essenes, who passed on their secrets to Jesus from Moses, who had obtained them in Egypt from descendants of the banished Atonite priests of Akhenaton.

These teachings involve the power of the sun and the power of the spoken word and constitute what I call “the mysteries of the sun.” They were part of the Egyptian, Babylonian and Greek mysteries, and the Gnostic teachings of the early Christians and secret societies. They have been given to every culture by great adepts as means of enlightening the minds of the people and freeing them from the darkness of ignorance and superstition.

In this article, I will briefly examine the life and teachings of the founders of various mystery schools in the Middle East and Mediterranean area from the Pharaoh Thutmose III to Omraam Mikhail Aivanhov. There were other mystery schools in India, China, Peru and elsewhere, but the ones I have chosen represent a continuity that spanned millennia and formed the spiritual roots of the Judeo-Christian heritage.

The story of the mysteries of the sun is as old as mankind and as new as the latest scientific breakthrough. In 1882, Ignatius Donnelly published Atlantis: The Antediluvian World. In this book, he argued convincingly that Atlantis had established colonies in Peru, Egypt and elsewhere and that the mythologies and mysteries of these peoples represented the original religion of the Atlanteans, which was a form of sun worship.

He wrote, “The religion of the Atlanteans, as Plato tells us, was pure and simple; they made no regular sacrifices but fruits and flowers; they worshipped the sun. In Peru a single deity was worshipped, and the sun, his most glorious work, was honoured as his representative. Quetzalcoatl, the founder of the Aztecs, condemned all sacrifice but that of fruits and flowers. [We can see how far the Aztec religion degenerated over the centuries to the low point of human sacrifice by the time of the Conquest.] The first religion of Egypt also was pure and simple; its sacrifices were fruits and flowers; temples were erected to the sun, Ra, throughout Egypt. In Peru the great festival of the sun was called Ra-mi.”

Between pre-dynastic Egypt and the eighteenth dynasty, the “pure and simple” solar religion of Egypt became very corrupt and complicated. There were several sun gods and a whole host of minor gods. The priesthood was rich and powerful and the people depended on them for magic amulets, praying to the gods on their behalf and giving them a proper elaborate send-off into the afterlife. Fruits and flowers were no longer fitting sacrifices; animals took their place.

Enter Pharaoh Thutmose III. A younger son of Amenhotep I, he owed his rule to the intervention of the priesthood of Amen-Ra who, in a religious ritual invoking the will of Amen-Ra, appointed him pharaoh, even though he was not in line for the succession. Thutmose realised that the priesthood was becoming too powerful and sought to curb their power by outwardly paying obeisance to Amen-*Ra, but secretly worshipping Aton and supporting a separate priesthood of Aton at Heliopolis who were loyal to the throne.

Under his rule, Thutmose III permitted the common people to indulge in all their fanciful beliefs and superstition such as magic amulets. He believed that a gradual change in the existing religious beliefs could be more easily and permanently accomplished by establishing a secret mystery school, the students of which would put into practice higher standards. He wanted to gradually infuse into Egyptian religion from the top down those mysteries, myths and rites that would raise the people to a higher understanding and morality.

Thus, in 1489 BCE he founded a secret mystery school, the Order of the Rose Cross, which the Rosicrucians claim descent from and which still exists today. Members of this mystery school were called the Therapeutea, meaning “physicians of the soul.” The sungazing Essene sect of Alexandria later adopted this name and the rosy-cross symbol.

William Henry, in The Healing Sun Code, linked the rosy-cross and the Rosicrucian secrets with the “rising of the Healing Sun, the source of life and wisdom.” I recently talked to a woman who studied Egyptology for 25 years and knew about Thutmose III and the Rosicrucians. She told me that she once knew a Rosicrucian lady, who every time she felt ill would face the sun and do a special breathing exercise in which she would breath in the fire of the sun to burn impurities in her body. She lived to be very old. This technique was part of the secret teachings of the Rosicrucians, which they were very careful not to reveal to the uninitiated.

Another technique used by Thutmose III and members of his order was the use of healing rods while sungazing (see Figure 1). These were copper and zinc tubes that contained hardened coal and magnetite respectively. They were reintroduced to the world by the Russian mystic Count Stefan Colonn Walewski, who was a member of a sungazing mystery school in the Caucasian Mountains. They amplify the current that passes through the body between the sun and earth while sungazing, enhancing meditation and quickening healing and the development of psychic powers.

Thutmose III’s son and grandson continued with the mystery school and the cult of Aton, but it wasn’t until his great grandson, Akhenaton, took the throne that things came to a head."
    Last edited by R_Baird; 03-07-2015 at 01:54 PM.

I do wonder if anyone reads all these words I put before them. Here is just another of the excellent articles or stories from a long time ago. Qabala was the Verbal Tradition kept by poets or Bards (my last name - Baird, and Bharat in India).

We know where the Nag Hammadi codices were hidden, but not who put them there, or why. (On my notion that they may have been connected with the temple of Hathor at Dendera, a stone's throw from Hag Hammadi, see When the Mysteries Died.) We have no idea where the originals may have been written and stored, but the Royal Library of Alexandria is one possibility. There is some artifactual and architectural evidence that Gnostic sects were established around the Mediterranean basin, including Palestine, close to the Dead Sea encampment of the Zaddikim. The "originals" could have originated in hundreds of places.

Beyond the question of textual origins for surviving Gnostic documents looms the larger question of the origins of the Gnostics themselves? Scholars today ignore this problem as insoluble, and unworthy of their time. Their only take interest in the Coptic materials as they reveal something about the origins of Christianity, not Gnosticism. No serious scholar considers the content of Gnostic teachings and Mystery School instruction as such to be worthy of discussion. This disregarding attitude extends to the cultural, historical, and geographical origins of the Gnostic movement.

It was not always so, however. A hundred years ago, half a century before the Nag Hammadi find, scholars working on the Berlin, Askew and Ahkmin codices, and the paraphrases of Gnostic teaching found in the polemics of the Church Fathers (that is, the dossier of the prosecution), took a deep interest in the pre-Christian origins of the movement. When Doresse published The Secret Books of the Egyptian Gnostics in 1958, there was still some debate over where the Gnostic movement originated. Amazingly, Doresse, a Catholic archeologist who was overtly hostile to the Gnostics, was the only post-Nag Hammadi scholar to cite what the Gnostics themselves had to say about the sources of their movement.

And thereby hangs a long and tangled tale.

The tale leads from Ephesus eastward past Hattusash, cold citadel of of the Hittites, and deep into Asia Minor: first to Harran, the bustling crossroads where Abraham arrived on the last leg of his exile from Ur in the Chaldees, then on to Ctesiphon, fabled for the soft heaps of amber in its marketplace, and into Parthia, home of the greatest archers in the world, past the scattered encampments of the Sabaeans, star-gazers who read in mystic trance the secrets of the thirteen heavenly Aeons, then deeper into Asia, beyond Nineveh, rich in courtesans, and beyond Hecbatana, smoke-filled city of a hundred gates, turning north toward the rugged Elbruz Mountains, and mounting to the high plain before Mount Hermon, the White Mountain of Seir, not far from the glittering, gunmetal blue of the Caspian Sea.

In plain English it leads to Azerbaijan, on the border of northwestern Iran. There, bounded to the north by the Araxes River, a high plateau fed by Lake Urmia marks the geographic matrix of the Gnostic movement. Doresse wrote: “There we find legends anterior to Gnosticism — those, for instance, which attributed a sacred character to Mount Hermon, the supposed residence of the Children of Seth at the beginning of human existence (p. 255).

Once the homeland of the Gnostic movement is located geographically (black diamond, upper center of map), a remarkable fact comes to light: the Urmian Plateau was the hidden navel of ancient cultures in Mesopotamia, aligned to the Fertile Crescent and symmetrically uniting the Near and Far East with the Mediterranean. See enlarged view of map for more details.

Star Wisdom

“Children of Seth” is the legendary name that Gnostics assigned to a sacred lineage of phosters, or revealers. The name Seth occurs in the Bible, in Genesis 4:25: “And Adam knew his wife again, and she bore a son, and called his name Seth. For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Adam slew.” Significantly, this is the only time it occurs. Seth belongs to “another seed,” a lineage set apart from the Judeo-Christian narrative of “sacred history.” From the inception of their story, Gnostics are situated outside the conventional narrative of Western spiritual life.

By the Sethians' own account, a tradition of secret knowledge concerning divine matters was transmitted from remote times by a succession of men and women who had mastered the illuminist method, Gnosis. The Revealers were an elite corps operating within a unique cultural and spiritual complex that emerged in prehistoric Iran: the Magian Order (MAY-gee-un). German scholars such as Gustav Widengren, Richard Reitzenstein, and M. H. Schraeder, who are largely ignored today, delved deeply into the prehistoric roots of Iranian religion known as Zurvan. This is the germ of the doctrine of cosmic duality attributed to the Persian prophet, Zoroaster, and spread throughout the world by the members of his religious order, the Magi. Reitzenstein in particular intuited that Gnostic ideas were influenced by Persian duality, or Zurvanism, but he was unable to work out how. No one since his time has done any better. The investigation is complicated by the remoteness of Iranian religion, dating to the 6th millennium BCE.

Persian duality is the great enigma in the history of religions. So far no scholar in the world, not even Mircea Eliade, has cracked the Zoroastrian nut.

Zarathustra is said to have been older than Plato by 6,000 years. He learned universal wisdom from the Good Spirit, that is the excellent understanding. His name translated into Greek, Astrothutes, means “star-worshipper" (Plato Prehistorian, p. 211).

In his elegant little book on the Gnostics, Jacques Lacarriere asserts that Gnosis was a path of illumination based upon ancient star-wisdom. The Jewish historian Josephus says that the Children of Seth were widely revered as celestial seers who “discovered the sciences of the heavenly bodies and their patterns” (Antiquities, I.68-72). All through the Near East and into Europa, the astronomer-priests of the Magian Order was known in late times as "Chaldeans," a rather misleading nickname. This term is a derivation of the Sumerian Kasdim, related to the Hebrew Chesed (a sepiroth of the Tree of Life) and Chassidim, "the pious," an ultra-conservative sect linked to the Zaddikim. The tendency of Biblical editing is to conflate Chaldean motifs with the Magian Order, conferring legitimacy on the patriarchs by way of association. Abraham's father, Terah, was a priest of the temple of the lunar god, Sin, in the city of Ur. There is a great deal of astro-mythological lore encoded in the Old Testament — evidence of Magian and Sethian influences. And, of course, the Magi figure vividly in the New Testament fable of the birth of the savior.

Last edited by R_Baird; 03-05-2015 at 05:56 PM.

A scribal note written on the margin of Alciabides I, a work attributed to Plato, attests to the legend that Zoroaster lived in the 7th millenium BCE. Several other classical sources, including Aristotle, Pliny, and Plutarch, also tell us that “the Magian,” lived 6,000 years before the death of Plato. In her extraordinary and little-known book, Plato Prehistorian, Mary Settegast situates the rise of the Magian Order, the original priesthood of ancient Iranian religion, in the Age of the Twins, around 5500 BCE, a date supported by the Greek sources. Settegast refers here to Zodiacal timing based on the precession of the equinoxes.

The Age of the Twins, or Geminian Age, lasted from 6200 to 4300 BCE. The motif of duality associated with the constellation of the Twins is consistent with the central theme of Iranian religion, absolute cosmic duality, Good versus Evil. But this type of duality is not what we find in Gnostic teachings. In Not in His Image, I distinguish single-source duality from two-source duality (the two-source hologram of Philip K. Dick). The latter is typical of Gnostic writings. In the Sophia mythos, there is no internal split in the Godhead (the Pleroma), but there is an anomalous projection from it, setting up a two-world scenario.

Most historians do not use Zodiacal timing to frame historical and pre-historical research, but Settegast does so outstandingly. Indologist and mythologist Alain Danielou and cultural historian William Irwin Thompson also adopt this technique. I myself have applied it extensively for over thirty years.

Reader take note: Plotting events by precession does not require adopting the belief that the stars affect human affairs. A Zodiacal Age is framing device, comparable to a geological age (Pleistocene), an historical period (Bronze Age), or a cultural epoch (Tang Dynasty). The framework of the Ages is an heuristic tool, not an astrological con.

Precession became legitimate in academic research in 1969, due to the publication of Hamlet’s Mill by Giorgio de Santillana and Herta von Dechend, but the book does not systematically apply precession to analysis of historical events.

Settegast uses precession deftly to coordinate ancient testimony on the Magian Order with archeological research, on the one hand, and historical-religious analysis, on the other.In my own researches with the master tool of precession, the Dendera Zodiac, I have found that Zodiacal Ages correlate to known historical and archeological evidents with impressive consistency, and often in astonishing detail. Axis C of the Dendera Zodiac, dated to 5,600 BCE, marks the Age of the Twins. A white marble figure of the "double goddess" from Catal Huyuk VI (pictured here, from Mellaart, The Archeology of Ancient Turkey, p. 21) clearly present the Twins motif. At Catal Huyuk archeologists have found twelve successive layers of building, representing distinct stages of the city and reflecting different eras of its history. The top layers of the mound, containing the most recent buildings, are dated at 5,600 BCE, the date of Axis C and the double goddess relic. I could offer dozens of similar examples....

Hidden Navel

Astronomer priests of the Magian Order and other skywatching seers from Hibernia to the Indus Valley would have used precessional timing to track the course of human experience over the long term. The Magi brought this method down from the Urmian Plateau and spread it throughout the Fertile Crescent. At Eridu (Ur in the Chaldees), directly south from the hidden navel of the Gnostic movement, precessional timing would have been imparted to the first Sumerian theocrats. But once it was turned over to state-supported priests and social controllers of the early Near Eastern theocracies, precession lost its value as a tool for educational planning and guidance. The telestai consecrated to guiding humanity fell into conflict with other Magians whose aims were political. The eventual split in the Magian Order devolved upon such arcane matters.

The period when the Gnostic movement emerged in prehistory is identified archeologically by the Hajii Firuz culture (5500 – 5000 BCE) of northwestern Iran and Turkmenia. It is centered on the Urmia basin, exactly where Gnostics located their spiritual hearth. The culture is named after an excavated site at the southern end of Lake Urmia, due east of Lake Van in Armenia. Over Lake Van looms Mount Ararat, where Noah’s ark is said to have come to rest. Over Lake Urmia looms Mount Kuh-I-Khwaga, the “White Mountain of Seir” held sacred by Gnostics down into a period some five or six thousand years after their tradition was founded there. (Map detail from Mary Settegast, Plato Prehistorian. Radius of circle, about 165 miles.)

A legend hinted in Coptic codices says that the Revealer lineage began at the Mountain of Seir with one illumined couple, Seth and his consort, Norea. Mandaeans of the Iraq marshes, whose beliefs show many similarities to Gnosticism, recount a parallel legend of a founding couple, Anosh-Uthra and Yohanna, who established their base at the White Mountain. Seir is an Indo-Iranian root, cognate with Syr and Shri, “holy, hallowed, sacred.” Urmia derives from the ancient Persian word for water. Lake Urmia is an UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.

According to an ancient legend that survives locally to this day, the lakeside city of Urmia was the birthplace of Zoroaster.

“A very old Magian center was located at Lake Urmia,” Settegast writes (p. 215). Some traces of this early settlement survive on the ground. Excavations at Hajii Firuz have produced rich archeological evidence, including a fired ceramic dish from the Halafian culture of Palestine, contemporary with it — i.e., the dish was brought to Urmia from Palestine. The décor shows the sixteen petal motif, the signature of the Mystery cells. (Settegast, plate 121a.) It is likely that the organization of the Mystery cults in the Near East, as well as the technique and teaching they transmitted, derive from the remote Iranian matrix.

The Magian Order spread from the Urmia basin in all directions: northward into the Caucasus mountains, southward into Iraq, eastward toward India, and westward into Asia Minor and Europe. But as dissemination proceeded, the Order gradually split into two distinct branches, Gnostics and Illuminati, as we might now call them. Each branch operated on different motives and methods.
    Last edited by R_Baird; 03-04-2015 at 04:05 AM.