Thread: Global Warming - The "hottest hoax" of all time

Global Warming - The "hottest hoax" of all time

How much longer are we to put up with this specious nonsense? We are told that the Globe is warming and that it will warm further. So what? We are told it is warming while we in the UK and in Europe are freezing. How much longer are we to take this febrile crap?

On the basis that computer projections predict a rise in global temperature of some 4 Celsius sometime, years ahead, perhaps at the end of the century, we are all being persuaded by a corrupt gang of scientists that we must cut our Carbon emissions. What utter nonsense! This is supposed to be science. But it is nothing of the sort.

In the first place these alarmists do not have the slightest idea about Carbon Dioxide. They treat it as a pollutant, when no life on earth could survive without it. It is transparent, odourless and colourless and yet Al Gore and even our own Met Office treat it as the black smoke issuing out of tall Power Station chimneys. That is the first lie. Shame on our own Met Office for supporting such nonsense!

We all breathe out Carbon Dioxide, just as we breathe in Oxygen. This is a fact of life. All living creatures, all animals, all insects, all bacteria inhale oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide. You know that as well as I do, Dr Vicky Pope; as well as any 5th form student of Biology. Why then on your website do you publish a picture that is a blatant lie?

• It is by no means certain that the Globe is warming.
    • It is by no means certain that Carbon Dioxide has anything to do with global temperatures, if there is such a thing.
    • It is absolutely certain that Carbon Dioxide is a trace gas in the atmosphere.
    • It is absolutely certain that heat flows from hot to cold and never vice-versa.

Why are governments allowed to get away with the idea that CO2 is a pollutant, when every market gardener knows the opposite? Why do we all allow this misguided talk about emissions? Why do we allow politicians and Green activists to traipse off to Copenhagen and now Cancun on a jolly, in order to make ridiculous and dangerous agreements regarding these same emissions?

Sciencenotstupidity Guest
    And on what scientific knowledge do you base your ignorance?

We have been pumping CO2 into our atmosphere at alarmingly higher and higher rates, since the beginning of the industrial revolution.
    Global Warming science is based on fact not hearsay! Your comment about the cold winter, shows your ignorance. You didn't mention that each summer we have, is the hottest on record! Yes the Earth is heating up. It does not necessarily mean that it's going to get hotter than hades. It simply means that the climate is changing. Some places will get hotter and drier while others will still experience cold winters. What is happening is our weather is becoming more extreme. Storms and rainy weather, are increasing in parts of the world, while drought is increasing in others.
    While Europe and North America have had a cold winter. Canada, the Arctic and Antarctic have had just the opposite. I am in my sixties, so it's not really going to affect me one way or the other. So I don't give a damn about any younger generation that does not give a damn about the environment. Go use your fossil fuels, keep polluting the atmosphere. It will be your children and grandchildren who will reap the benefits of your ignorance. For all of you who do not believe it is happening, damn you all!

The Universe is a massive system beyond our scope...even that of Science.

I know whereof you speak. I lived in the world of the University for ages and have heard it all. But, there are things beyond the entire scope of what one would assume to be true. Try Big Bend National Park. The air is good when the fires are not blazing.

better to take precautions from global warming

Medusa Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Xela View Post
    How much longer are we to put up with this specious nonsense? We are told that the Globe is warming and that it will warm further. So what? We are told it is warming while we in the UK and in Europe are freezing. How much longer are we to take this febrile crap?

On the basis that computer projections predict a rise in global temperature of some 4 Celsius sometime, years ahead, perhaps at the end of the century, we are all being persuaded by a corrupt gang of scientists that we must cut our Carbon emissions. What utter nonsense! This is supposed to be science. But it is nothing of the sort.

In the first place these alarmists do not have the slightest idea about Carbon Dioxide. They treat it as a pollutant, when no life on earth could survive without it. It is transparent, odourless and colourless and yet Al Gore and even our own Met Office treat it as the black smoke issuing out of tall Power Station chimneys. That is the first lie. Shame on our own Met Office for supporting such nonsense!

We all breathe out Carbon Dioxide, just as we breathe in Oxygen. This is a fact of life. All living creatures, all animals, all insects, all bacteria inhale oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide. You know that as well as I do, Dr Vicky Pope; – as well as any 5th form student of Biology. Why then on your website do you publish a picture that is a blatant lie?

• It is by no means certain that the Globe is warming.
    • It is by no means certain that Carbon Dioxide has anything to do with global temperatures, if there is such a thing.
    • It is absolutely certain that Carbon Dioxide is a trace gas in the atmosphere.
    • It is absolutely certain that heat flows from hot to cold and never vice-versa.

Why are governments allowed to get away with the idea that CO2 is a pollutant, when every market gardener knows the opposite? Why do we all allow this misguided talk about emissions? Why do we allow politicians and Green activists to traipse off to Copenhagen and now Cancun on a jolly, in order to make ridiculous and dangerous agreements regarding these same emissions?
    It's called "conspiracy theory".......

iohannesdavidus Guest

"How much longer are we to put up with this specious nonsense? We are told that the Globe is warming and that it will warm further. So what? We are told it is warming while we in the UK and in Europe are freezing. How much longer are we to take this febrile crap?"

Because you are freezing in the UK, you base your stupid assumption? Here in the US we have had possibly the warmest winter on record. Ocean levels are rising, and glaciers are melting over the entire world! The poles are melting as well!

So on what Pseudo-Science do you base your assumptions? Because you are freezing? What bullcrap! Global Warming if you bothered to read any of the science, is about Climate Change. Not about the world just heating up. When the globe heats up, it causes changes in ocean and air currents. The shift in the jet stream is the reason you are freezing, while we are experiencing balmy weather! The Jet Stream in turn, has shifted because of the ocean currents changing. It all works together. It's not just about warmer temperatures. Perhaps they should never have used the term "Global Warming" as too many people simply assume that means temperatures are warming. Quite to the contrary, global warming means some places will get warmer, others will get colder in the interim.

I can't believe some here can believe that there are no changes going on. Yet they believe in "pyramid power" and secret Nazi bases in the Antarctic. Sorry, but I believe in scientific fact, not pseudo-science!

To Xela, Perhaps a more civil tongue would engender a larger dialogue.

I'm afraid that over the years I've become rather sceptical of claims made about global warming/climate change (note that I am not sceptical of the existence of it in itself). There's something very millenarian about the claims that are being made... we're always at a "tipping point" or things are "worse than we thought" and yet the evidence that I've actually seen makes me doubtful of these claims. Partially this is just down to paucity of evidence - we don't have anything like enough data, IMO, to say what constitutes 'normality' in terms of climate. For example, we really only have data about Arctic ice extent for around 30 years, which is scarcely a blink in geological terms.

The way the issue has been highjacked by groups from all parts of the political and cultural spectrum also makes me wary: too many axes to grind only makes for blunter axes.

In the UK, for example, it's become an article of faith even for the established church has taken up the debate and seems to view the whole thing through an unreconstructedly catastrophist lens. In that sort of atmosphere I find it very hard to believe that the well is beyond poisoned in terms of rational debate.

That wouldn't matter so much, of course, were the costs so very very high.